AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sent a note to Mo Ivory, who has been one of the commentators on CNN for some of the media fallout on Ferguson. She was one of the panel members on that final episode of Jane Velez Mitchell on HLN/CNN. (I was re-reading the transcript tonight.) Even though we have no racial issues related to Cassie, maybe her producers know how to pull a few strings in Atlanta to get attention if she will still take interest.

I really have no idea. lol I have only had a smartphone for a couple of weeks and am not very good with it.
I tried to save it on my phone and then attach but no luck so far. I will keep trying.
I will happily take the risk and receive it by email from you, and post it for you.

Today, I am home from work in my warm house. I am here, reading to see if there is even an inkling of progress, and all I have is a sad face. I hope Cassie is warm and safe, and smiling. It's feels like it's all I can do. Hope.

:sigh: it sucks being so far away. I am not terribly tech savvy, but I am willing to do whatever I can to help get Cassie's story out or learn to do something helpful.

Give me a few, I have photoshop... Maybe I can clean it up a little so we can read it a bit easier until we can get a clean copy posted.

I have tried several different ways to try and bring this image to a crisper view and to change it up so I can post it... NO LUCK! I am sure there has to be a way, but I apparently am not as savvy as I need to be with photoshop to bring it out. Hopefully TupeloMz is able to get someone to help scan it in and get it posted AFTER Thanksgiving.

Speaking of Thanksgiving..... Happy turkey day to everyone who celebrates.

Happy thanksgiving to all.
I'm hoping that with this family holiday, Cassie feels the need to let everyone know, she is safe.
All I can do is hope.

Thinking of Cassie this morning. Cassie, if you are out there somewhere now is the time to make it known somehow.

I will happily take the risk and receive it by email from you, and post it for you.

Today, I am home from work in my warm house. I am here, reading to see if there is even an inkling of progress, and all I have is a sad face. I hope Cassie is warm and safe, and smiling. It's feels like it's all I can do. Hope.

I did offer this to TupeloMz yesterday as well via PM. I think she is in an area where she doesn't have a great connection making it even more challenging to accomplish. Hopefully the reception will cooperate with us all at some point to allow her to send it to someone that can help. I know she is doing all she can to make sure that we all have as much info as she can acquire for us. I just hope she is staying safe, not sure of the weather in that area?

I agree that if Cassie went missing prior to all of the noise being made, there is a massive conspiracy here that is too crazy to be believed.

However, it would be nice if we had a better idea of what she looked like recently. But I guess we have said that all the ways we can. How about close friends-was she actually close with anyone any more?

bbm

That is my question as well, believe -- were things lousy enuff at home for her to get into a slow depression and to withdraw from her friends? This, IMO, could occur easily if she did not attend public school any more. Did she have anyone she trusted in whom she could confide about things that worried her or things that made her perhaps ashamed? Did she take a long, long walk, get lost & then just disappear into the earth? Did she take a big chance and hop a ride with whoever stopped first and then "get lost" at the hands of someone we will never know? Or did she threaten to go talk to someone and "get lost" before she ever left the house? I think she may have been a lonely, ignored, perhaps abused little girl who just fell through a crack in the earth (with help).

My non-cynical Pollyanna side still hopes that she somehow is with new friends who care about her & build her up and treasure her.

icon9.png
icon11.png

Hi all, ive been lurking for a while and following this case. I found websleuths by chance when i was researching something unrelated about a week ago and I saw the announcement at the top of the page about cassie and when I started to read about it, i became 'hooked' on it and since then i find myself checking in here several times a day hoping that there are developments. 'Hooked', isnt quite the right word, but i think you all will understand what i mean. Something clicks and the more you read and learn, the more you find yourself feeling for this person you have never met and hope for a good outcome for them and their family.

I havent posted until now as i dont believe I am able to add to or help in whats already being done to find cassie, but i just wanted to add another voice of support to those who are wishing for her to return home. I think you people on here are fantastic in what you do and incredibly for the internet, people seem extremely civil.

I do have one request though, is there any way of looking at photos of the area where cassie lived? Is it possible to see her street on streetview or anything? I ask, because i live a loooong way away in the UK, and have no idea about her town, so it would be interesting for me to have a good look at what her area looks like.

Thanks everyone!
:cheers:

and

:welcome6:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths:websleuther:

:rollercoaster:

Admiral Kolchak !!

We're glad to have you on this side of The Pond!!

:worldmap:

And here is a link for Google Maps showing her house -- IIRC, the man is the driveway is her mom's ex-BF.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.489...m4!1e1!3m2!1sCPQzu-el9Q8BPmg874NgBQ!2e0?hl=en

No that's what I see as well & I see it filed by JC not BR. If I'm reading the notes clearly JC also told them about a possible mental health issue. But I don't see anything that says she mentioned run away. If LE was told MH you'd think they'd label her possibly endangered runaway not just a runaway like they did.

I wonder if LE either couldn't or was reluctant to create a Missing report when it was reported by a non-family member. I certainly don't know the rules/laws on this kind of thing in AR, but maybe someone here (Oriah, my friend, perhaps, or a native?) would know from whom such a report would be acceptable. Maybe LE either is required or prefers to take such a report at the home of the missing person. Dunno.

[SUB](All I have here are questions -- no solutions...<sigh>)[/SUB]

A little about my trip to SPD, when I got there and found the records lady and explained what I wanted, the lady launched into a flurry of questions. Such as:
Who are you?
Where are you from?
Why do you want to see this?
Who sent you here?
Are you related to anyone involved?
How do you know about FOIA's?
Who told you how to request it?
And a lot more....
Very intimidating.
Then she said she had to call in an officer to say if she could release the report to me. 2 officers came in. Also intimidating lol. But after asking the records lady a couple of questions they told her to redact personal information and give me the document. One even said he was happy to see someone interested in the case because the more people who know about Cassie the better the chances of finding her.
After they left the lady was much calmer and very polite.

Bless your sweet and dedicated heart, TupeloMz! You stood your ground & got what you wanted. Just like the Razorback that you are!!!

Hoping everyone had a peaceful day. I have been working off the grid for a bit. Tupelo thank you very much for getting the report. I appreciate the effort you put in to get something so vital to the rest of us. If you have the time and inclination, a transcript summary would work for me. As with most things in Cassie's case, it raises more questions. If I were to go by the MP report, I would think the timeline has changed quite a bit here. There is now a much bigger gap which may really alter her possible whereabouts. This is very concerning. I also noticed on the Find Cassie fb page that the latest poster shows some new uncertainty about her clothing and even the make of the phone she was carrying. Huh? At this late date?

So if Cassie was actually reported missing the morning of September 15, are we back to the belief the JC spoke to her baby girl at 6pm 9/14 and woke up the morning of 9/15...and then she realized Cassie wasn't in her bed? I can't read the report on the device I am using unfortunately.

Hey everyone.. I'm doing a vendor show at Wings over Prairie fest today at Stuttgart. I was disappointed that this was the only sign I've seen up so far, but then someone just have me a flyer and told me that Cassie's mom has a booth up.
2247571599a39610a2503c1692ad60f2.jpg

I'm going to check it out when I can.
ca36396f2456dac81ad1ee4f332b6425.jpg

I tried a few different things to clean up the report and I don’t think it’s going to work. We either need a photo with better lighting or a copy of the scan. In the mean time I was able to strain my eyes long enough to translate the written portion at the bottom of the report. I hope this helps!

Report time: 9:52am
Report Date: 9/15/14

“On 9/15/14 I met with a Mrs. Judy Compton. She stated that her daughter left her house located at 211 E 1Xth st between 645 and 7XXPM on 9-14-14 and has not returned. Cassie Compton is 15 years old with blonde hair and blue eyes approx.. 10X pounds. Subject was last seen wearing a blue tank top, and teal plaid shorts. Ms. Compton states her daughter has been diagnosed with a mental disorder. Possibly bipolar. “

The X is in places where I can’t read that number for sure. I didn’t want to skew anything in any way. I am not sure that this really changes JCs time frames & gives us a TRUE idea of whether she really means AM or PM when she references and 8 time frame. I think we all realize that we have to look at this and consider both. It appears it could have been either and in order for us to know when she called Cassie we would have to have access to those phone records & we won’t be able to get those. This does however answer a few other questions for us, but creates others. We now know it was JC that filed the report not BR as originally thought. Question is- did he really call & because of who he was, he was ignored. Or was that a farce. We did have a VI say that BR made that report- was that what she was told by JC because she sent him there OR did she say that to cover for herself. I also have to wonder if our 3rd VI has been asked to keep her distance by the suspect or by LE for the case integrity based on things that person may know or may find out. JMO of course- but she was extremely willing to help and wanted nothing but the truth for Cassie and it seems really odd that she hasn’t returned. Again, MOO.

Another thought- IF your child is diagnosed with a mental health diagnosis- how do you not know what it was? Was it that recent that she was tested? Wouldn’t she have said – IS BEING tested? You would know the name of it and not say “possibly bipolar.” I could see saying “My child has been diagnosed with *advertiser censored* and I have been told that as she gets older she may present signs of bipolar.” Or “My child has been diagnosed with *advertiser censored* and for her privacy I would rather not divulge that right now” and the officer saying it could be…BUT this doesn’t sound like either of these was the case. That piece seems ODDDDD to me.

I just met Judy. She is talking to people and handing out fliers. I teared up when we talked. I can feel her pain. [emoji22]

I just met Judy. She is talking to people and handing out fliers. I teared up when we talked. I can feel her pain. [emoji22]

Thank you for doing this. I'm glad she knows that some people who have never met Cassie care about her and are trying to find her, or at a minimum justice for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried a few different things to clean up the report and I don&#8217;t think it&#8217;s going to work. We either need a photo with better lighting or a copy of the scan. In the mean time I was able to strain my eyes long enough to translate the written portion at the bottom of the report. I hope this helps!

Report time: 9:52am
Report Date: 9/15/14

&#8220;On 9/15/14 I met with a Mrs. Judy Compton. She stated that her daughter left her house located at 211 E 1Xth st between 645 and 7XXPM on 9-14-14 and has not returned. Cassie Compton is 15 years old with blonde hair and blue eyes approx.. 10X pounds. Subject was last seen wearing a blue tank top, and teal plaid shorts. Ms. Compton states her daughter has been diagnosed with a mental disorder. Possibly bipolar. &#8220;

The X is in places where I can&#8217;t read that number for sure. I didn&#8217;t want to skew anything in any way. I am not sure that this really changes JCs time frames & gives us a TRUE idea of whether she really means AM or PM when she references and 8 time frame. I think we all realize that we have to look at this and consider both. It appears it could have been either and in order for us to know when she called Cassie we would have to have access to those phone records & we won&#8217;t be able to get those. This does however answer a few other questions for us, but creates others. We now know it was JC that filed the report not BR as originally thought. Question is- did he really call & because of who he was, he was ignored. Or was that a farce. We did have a VI say that BR made that report- was that what she was told by JC because she sent him there OR did she say that to cover for herself. I also have to wonder if our 3rd VI has been asked to keep her distance by the suspect or by LE for the case integrity based on things that person may know or may find out. JMO of course- but she was extremely willing to help and wanted nothing but the truth for Cassie and it seems really odd that she hasn&#8217;t returned. Again, MOO.

Another thought- IF your child is diagnosed with a mental health diagnosis- how do you not know what it was? Was it that recent that she was tested? Wouldn&#8217;t she have said &#8211; IS BEING tested? You would know the name of it and not say &#8220;possibly bipolar.&#8221; I could see saying &#8220;My child has been diagnosed with *advertiser censored* and I have been told that as she gets older she may present signs of bipolar.&#8221; Or &#8220;My child has been diagnosed with *advertiser censored* and for her privacy I would rather not divulge that right now&#8221; and the officer saying it could be&#8230;BUT this doesn&#8217;t sound like either of these was the case. That piece seems ODDDDD to me.

bbm This may or may not be helpful but I have a minor relative who has serious behavioral issues and has been diagnosed with everything from ADD ADHD ODD etc etc etc. He is just now turned 13. Around 11 the professionals began to suggest it is possible that he may be bipolar or showing early signs of schizophrenia. They told his mother that as a rule, it is not something mental health professionals feel comfortable diagnosing until later teens. But the suggestion has been out there since he was age 11. There is a real and valid concern from the professional standpoint I would imagine, to the pitfalls and dangers of labelling a young minor chid with a serious mental health condition. IME with the relative's situation, sometimes drugs are prescribed that would be effective in helping to treat certain mental health diagnoses even though they have not been officially diagnosed as such yet. Children can be very dificult to properly diagnose with various mental health conditions because they are still growing, their minds are still forming, their thought processes are immature and their emotions are being driven often by physiological changes associated with becoming young adults.

I also have lots of questions about this alleged possible bipolar situation. Maybe JC has had some various feedback that may have been "suggestive" of a possible bipolar issue but it has not actually been diagnosed KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fales922