AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking. MOO is that the people close to this case feel like they know what happened, and that is why it seems like there is no sense of urgency. I think (MOO) that different parties may have completely different ideas of what happened, not sure which of them is the truth.

One idea I have thought of, but don't remember seeing specifically mentioned, is that maybe someone harmed Cassie because she knew something she shouldn't know. Or maybe she didn't even know it, but someone else thought she did. It seems like there is a fair amount of crime or corruption around Stuttgart, maybe someone wanted to hush a threat or perceived threat.

One case I am familiar with, from 1997, also in Arkansas. Timmy Askins killed police officer Danny Longstreet because Askins was afraid of insurance fraud charges. Instead Askins is now in prison for murder.

http://archive.thv11.com/news/article/44453/0/Officer-Gunned-Down-In-1997-Remembered

I don't see this as the most likely scenario, but it could be a possibility. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving. Sorry to be MIA, had a cold case search that needed attention on the ground over the past week.
So glad to return to the grid and see our wonderful WSers, and everything ya'll have done/been doing for Cassie! You guys are fantastic.

So....now to recap....where are we at local-wise, what needs to be done, did the press release get out? Thrilled about the flyers from FB drawing attention to hunters. Anyone know if that's visible and accessible in Stuttgart? What about the fullsize posters? Cassie's 16th birthday is coming up. Where do we need to go from here?

Ok, off to try and catch up...thanks again to all, you guys are awesome.

:cheers:

and

:welcome6:

to

:websleuther:Websleuths:websleuther:

:rollercoaster:

Admiral Kolchak !!

We're glad to have you on this side of The Pond!!

:worldmap:

And here is a link for Google Maps showing her house -- IIRC, the man is the driveway is her mom's ex-BF.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.489...m4!1e1!3m2!1sCPQzu-el9Q8BPmg874NgBQ!2e0?hl=en

Thank you for that link! Really interesting to see what her area looks like, i cant get over how much space there is around the houses, not like here where everything is crammed together. There doesnt look to be much in the way of streetlights there, would it have been dark at the time she supposedly went missing?

Quite eerie by the way to see the guy on the photo at the bottom of her drive wearing a 'CSI' t-shirt.

bbm

That is my question as well, believe -- were things lousy enuff at home for her to get into a slow depression and to withdraw from her friends? This, IMO, could occur easily if she did not attend public school any more. Did she have anyone she trusted in whom she could confide about things that worried her or things that made her perhaps ashamed? Did she take a long, long walk, get lost & then just disappear into the earth? Did she take a big chance and hop a ride with whoever stopped first and then "get lost" at the hands of someone we will never know? Or did she threaten to go talk to someone and "get lost" before she ever left the house? I think she may have been a lonely, ignored, perhaps abused little girl who just fell through a crack in the earth (with help).

My non-cynical Pollyanna side still hopes that she somehow is with new friends who care about her & build her up and treasure her.

icon9.png
icon11.png

JMO
I think it was someone she knew very well that's responsible for whatever happened to her.
I don't think she walked away.
I don't think a stranger took her!

I just caught up over the last few days' posts. I have no idea why TwinMomma has not come back... she seemed so eager to help and answer questions. I know she is friends with JC so I am thinking since there have been quite a few posts about the strong possibilty of foul play in the home she has chosen to stay away. There are people crusading for JC that never even knew her before Cassie's disappearance who are against the idea that JC had any involvement whatsoever.

I have not been much help lately. My husband has been working non-stop lately and we have been down to one vehicle a few times in the last couple weeks. I am not of much help right now. I am glad that JC is socializing downtown with locals and visitors. At least it brings more awareness to Cassie.

JMO
I think it was someone she knew very well that's responsible for whatever happened to her.
I don't think she walked away.
I don't think a stranger took her!

I so hope that this thread will be moved to the located forum soon with the 'found safe' tag, but the longer this silence goes on the less optimistic I am.

The key point for me is to clarify whether or not the mother saw cassie with her own eyes at approx 6.45 just before she went missing, or was she told that time by boyfriend. If she didnt see her, then we have no idea what time she 'left' the house, so the movements of her mums boyfriend during the night leading up to the police report the next morning would be very interesting to know.

Did he give a statement, is there a timeline for his activities during that time?

I remember the point was raised that he supposedly went to the police station on his bike to report her missing just a few hours after she had gone missing. Does anyone have a source for that?

I find that very unusual behaviour, being so soon after, and considering the fact she had disappeared before,and why him, not the mum?

Apologies if i am rehashing old questions, im not purposefully taking us round in circles! :)

Mom (JC) was reportedly ill and had been napping/resting in her room when Cassie was dropped off by her young friend HS, whose family she had spent the last several nights with. Per JC Cassie spoke to her through the bedroom door but she did not set eyes on her. HS receive a text from Cassie's phone (possibly from Cassie, but not known at this time) that said she intended to go out and grab some cigarettes.

Reportedly, JC's livein fiance, 24 yr old BR, then began calling HS mother to ask about where Cassie was. HS mother reportedly told him that he should know since he was present and saw HS drop her off at the family home. This would seem too indicate that BR set eyes on her, and JC exchanged words with her through a closed bedroom door. Allegedly BR attempted to report Cassie missing. This is per locals and seems to be verified by JC in her televised interview where she said she sent "someone" straight to the police station that same evening to report her missing.

Apparently an officer then came to the house the following morning to take JC's statement/report about Cassie being missing.

I hope that helps Admiral. And thanks for joining us here in worrying about this young lady and trying to figure out what has happened to her.

my question for any locals that may know: Does BR smoke?

Mom (JC) was reportedly ill and had been napping/resting in her room when Cassie was dropped off by her young friend HS, whose family she had spent the last several nights with. Per JC Cassie spoke to her through the bedroom door but she did not set eyes on her. HS receive a text from Cassie's phone (possibly from Cassie, but not known at this time) that said she intended to go out and grab some cigarettes.

Reportedly, JC's livein fiance, 24 yr old BR, then began calling HS mother to ask about where Cassie was. HS mother reportedly told him that he should know since he was present and saw HS drop her off at the family home. This would seem too indicate that BR set eyes on her, and JC exchanged words with her through a closed bedroom door. Allegedly BR attempted to report Cassie missing. This is per locals and seems to be verified by JC in her televised interview where she said she sent "someone" straight to the police station that same evening to report her missing.

Apparently an officer then came to the house the following morning to take JC's statemwent/report about Cassie being missing.

I hope that helps Admiral. And thanks for joining us here in worrying about this young lady and trying to figure out what has happened to her.

Hey, thanks for your post, it was very helpful.

Do we have an approximate amount of time between HS dropping her off and then her texting him that she was going out for cigarettes?

It just seems, unusual, it would make more sense to send a text to her mum or BR (strange but i know some families who text each other when they are in the same house) to inform them she is going out for cigarettes than someone who has just dropped her off. I also dont get why she couldnt stop off on the way home to get them, it seems strange to come home after a few days away and almost immediately head back out when she could have done all that earlier.

Unless, she had been sent for cigarettes and maybe she was complaining to HS about it in the text? That would make more sense, and would explain why she left her purse at home because she wasnt using her money to buy them?

Hey everyone.. I'm doing a vendor show at Wings over Prairie fest today at Stuttgart. I was disappointed that this was the only sign I've seen up so far, but then someone just have me a flyer and told me that Cassie's mom has a booth up.
2247571599a39610a2503c1692ad60f2.jpg

I'm going to check it out when I can.
ca36396f2456dac81ad1ee4f332b6425.jpg

SavvyRose, thank you for confirming this one location. It is the dress shop (curbside) window where I work part-time downtown, adjacent to the opening of the Arts and Crafts tent. This is a mother/daughter-owned store that has also had a flyer up continually on its main (recessed) entrance since Sept. 17. (We had poster higher at eye-level, but the corrogated board kept falling at night.) I do not want to delve into the negativity of three prime locations declining to put up posters or taking down posters after accepting them. I am positive at least three more posters are still up at locally owned restaurants tonight. Again, some recent comments feel a little like badgering . . . questioning whether I followed up on my first idea. Thank you Charlie5 for taking on the Wal-Mart's on-site rejection and SaucyGal for extra moral support when I was pushed way outside my comfort zone.

The locals that I've talked to don't feel like she ran away. :(
I am still working.. I just want to say it must be sooo hard on JC to be here and do this. Seeing kids Cassie's age walking around carefree. Seeing the world keep moving even though hers has stopped. I had a dream that I lost one of my children and in the dream I was looking around shocked that the world had not stopped for everyone else. Shocked that people were just walking by unaffected. That's how I imagine her mother just feel.

I just caught up over the last few days' posts. I have no idea why TwinMomma has not come back... she seemed so eager to help and answer questions. I know she is friends with JC so I am thinking since there have been quite a few posts about the strong possibilty of foul play in the home she has chosen to stay away. There are people crusading for JC that never even knew her before Cassie's disappearance who are against the idea that JC had any involvement whatsoever.

I have not been much help lately. My husband has been working non-stop lately and we have been down to one vehicle a few times in the last couple weeks. I am not of much help right now. I am glad that JC is socializing downtown with locals and visitors. At least it brings more awareness to Cassie.

On a positive note, TwinMom is working the booth with JC inside the Arts and Crafts tent, which is a better location to meet adults than the outdoor booth previously planned on the carnival midway. I was startled to see them among the vendors when I had the chance to go through this morning. I did briefly speak to TwinMom to where I am sure she put my face with my name here on WS. I could not bring myself to make eye contact with JC as my suspicions run so deep I am afraid I might say something that causes her more pain or anger. I have been in courtrooms before in objective positions where I know I am safe (and playing a role for which I am trained), but being this close to JC today was HARD because I don't know for certain if she is guilty of more than letting a 20-something unmarried male live in the household (very wrong and unfathomable for me and my daughters). Anyone who understands Jungian psychology knows about the 16 types -- I am INFJ. I really take on emotions from others and constantly ask questions about what I cannot see. Please respect that confrontations at the local level are not the same as requests made in writing by mail, making telephone calls, estimating costs for billboard contracts -- things that some outsiders could still do to help rather than pushing the locals.

carrying this over from a closed thread (previous discussion)

SmallTownMomma
user-offline.png
Verified Insider - Cassie Compton Case
Join DateNov 2014LocationStuttgart, ARPosts106

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Caring4Many
I can't say I agree. 1-LE said nobody has been ruled out 2- he could have easily waited around the corner for her -do we know the actual time it takes one way from his home to hers? If you read back a bit there are a few different scenarios that include Hunter as a possibility. I think we'd be naive to write him off too easily.

I know what area they live in and from Cassie's house it would be about 15 minutes.

Per the JVM transcript: (http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...3/ijvm.01.html)
VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Then the next day, Sunday, the day she vanished, OK, your son takes her home to her house at what time?
SNYDER: He left our house at 6:05, and he got back by 6:45. We live out of town, so it was a little bit of a -- by the time he got there and dropped her off and got back home, and she did send him a text message, saying that she was going to go out and buy a pack of cigarettes. And that is the last response he got from her.

The timeline works. I don't know if there's any evidence that verifies what time he left and got back. There have been some mentionings around here of Hunter returning to get her a few minutes after dropping her off, but I think that if that was true then JC's story would have remained solid each time and that information would be in the news because he would be a main suspect, seeing her last. So, I'm not leaning toward that. However, without LE publicity announcing any leads or information of evidence then I guess nothing can be counted out. I just have a bad feeling about BR, like everyone else.​

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11181632#post11181632 link to the copied post. The transcripts linked within the linked post give the details provided by the mother of Cassie's friend who dropped her at home and events from her perspective after that time.

I'm actually quite confused about the txt verification myself. LE doesn't have possession or records on either Cassie's phone (missing, obviously) or HS's phone (as far as I can find, anyway. And assumably still in his possession?)
So in actuality....we have no verification of this at all. Even that it existed, because there's no official record of it. Of course, HS and/or whoever holds the account on his phone could request the records to verify from their provider. But I can't find where LE did that at all. :(

carrying this over from a closed thread (previous discussion)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11181632#post11181632 link to the copied post. The transcripts linked within the linked post give the details provided by the motmother Cassie's friend who dropped her at home and events from her perspective after that time.

Im just reading through the transcripts now, and this bit stands out to me

VELEZ-MITCHELL: So reports say Cassie`s mother`s boyfriend, the gentleman you just heard from, called you, Tracey, the night that Cassie vanished.

What did he have to say? I mean, what -- what was the conversation that night?

SNYDER: Well, there was three phone calls. They started about 9:14 that night. And he first asked if Cassie was still at our house. And coming

through the conversation and getting Hunter`s input during the first phone call, the first phone call...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: That`s your son.

SNYDER: Cassie`s mom boyfriend actually saw Cassie get out of his truck, walk up the driveway. She did not speak to the mom`s boyfriend at all when

she was walking up the driveway and she went into the house. So I brought that up to him and told him that he seen him get out of my son`s -- seen

Cassie get out of my son`s vehicle, so he knew she was no longer with him or with us

I have to say, that stinks to me. Maybe he was panicking and got muddled up when making the phonecall, its not beyond all realms of possibility, but I dont like that one bit.

I can't find where LE is doing much of anything at all. I have never followed a case that has been so, so, I can't even find the words. Just radio silence. As if the case does not even exist. Nothing really has come from LE. We have heard from TS (HS mom) and JC (Cassie's mom)

What, if ANYTHING, have we heard from LE? Sorry, not trying to sound snarky, just very frustrated with how little info we have on this girl, her disappearance, what is being done to investigate it, all of it. It's like one big black hole.

yes, Admiral.Kolchak, it stinks to high heaven that business of BR calling the S household adking if Cassie was with them when reportedly he saw her arrive home.

I am still very concerned we have another Sydney Nicole Randall here. In that case there were lots of LE updates about eh searching etc. But that was because Sydney's stepfather was MIA and the main suspect. They were hoping to find he and Sydney alive.

In this case, BR is in jail on unrelated charges (trespassing in a vacant house) and it seems there is no urgency at all in the search for Cassie. A very stark contrast to the hundreds who searched daily for weeks in horrible conditions for Sydney.

Even while missing Cassie seems to be just as invisible as she was before she went missing. It hurts my heart for her.

The lack of verification is why we filed FOIA requests.
FOIA info tends to give investigative reporters info to work with. And if there's a lack of info available via FOIA, well that speaks volumes to investigative reporters also.

And that angle puts a lot of pressure on cases, kwim? ;)

I'm actually quite confused about the txt verification myself. LE doesn't have possession or records on either Cassie's phone (missing, obviously) or HS's phone (as far as I can find, anyway. And assumably still in his possession?)
So in actuality....we have no verification of this at all. Even that it existed, because there's no official record of it. Of course, HS and/or whoever holds the account on his phone could request the records to verify from their provider. But I can't find where LE did that at all. :(

Good point about the text from Cassie's phone to HS's. Has that been verified by anyone aside from TS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog