AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... If anyone is fearful it is because they have been warned by a cop buddy that they are being watched because of their illegal dealings or they are afraid that that the next drug dealer that gets snatched up are going to snitch them out.
I just got the willies. I wonder if any of those "good ol boys" has it in their best interest to let this one case go... for a friend ... or themselves... that felt icky to say. But your paragraph led my mind there.

Or maybe he was trying to set up a cover ....

I totally agree. My gut reaction has been that the call was a cover-up! I can't shake the feeling that BR was also the one who sent the "cigarette" text too. Also, it was stated that when Cassie was dropped off, she walked right passed BR...without saying anything to him. That makes me even more nervous, because I feel that shows there was tension between Cassie and BR surrounding the time of her disappearance. Sad to say, I think there was a lot more to the dynamics of that household than the info that is being disclosed. I hope someone who may know something comes forward with a tip. Praying for Cassie...

I totally agree. My gut reaction has been that the call was a cover-up! I can't shake the feeling that BR was also the one who sent the "cigarette" text too. Also, it was stated that when Cassie was dropped off, she walked right passed BR...without saying anything to him. That makes me even more nervous, because I feel that shows there was tension between Cassie and BR surrounding the time of her disappearance. Sad to say, I think there was a lot more to the dynamics of that household than the info that is being disclosed. I hope someone who may know something comes forward with a tip. Praying for Cassie...
The most compelling information I have read all along is that she was abnormally quiet, especially on her way home. And for BR to be standing out there when Cassie was dropped off, a wolf in waiting, and for her to not speak to him on her way by, well I just have a feeling her worst fears were realized. As I mentioned previously, I think it is very likely that she knew she was going home to something.... And mom being 'out of it' from being sick or recovering from pain or whatever, so not able to really give her daughter the attention she so desperately needed.... how much of that illness was caused by someone else 'making sure' mom was in fact 'out of it'. Pure speculation, of course. =(

As for the ciggie text, if it was him that sent it, then that likely means that whatever happened to her, was planned by him. The short space of time between her being dropped off by HS leaves little room for 'an accident' or an unplanned event. But to text that immediately would look like he is laying the groundwork to make it look like she had run away, to give him a bit of time to do whatever he had planned. As for JC, im sure her grief is real, but people can still grieve for someone and know what happened to them too.

The quiet thing-I wonder how it was gauged and how much we should invest in it? Was Cassie bubbly, energetic, etc? Teens that age have wide mood swings-what was it about hers that possibly rose to the level of bi polar? Was she angry, sad, depressed at times and up for days energized other times? I feel like we are trying to firmly grasp something that continually slips through our fingers. Most other kids with SM seem to leave a clear stamp of who they are or who they want to be. I dont get that with Cassie's three FB pages-I wonder where her other SM is? Has anyone found a kik, ask, instagram and the like for her?

We are just about forced to continue to take a very hard look at JC and BR et al because we have so little of Cassie to get a sense of. :banghead:

If the timeline is wider, and the actual report wasnt made until the morning it must widen her possible location quite a bit. It would mean, it seems likely anyway, that there was a vehicle involved because we have to figure that areas close to her home have been pretty carefully checked. IIRC, one of our VI's indicated that the house was searched and items were taken. And that the car was searched I believe?? So if not JC's vehicle, whose?

JC has lost an awful lot here, whether or not she had a role in it. Her daughter and her fiancee are gone from her life. No more flying under the radar for her, which can be both good and bad I suppose. I guess if she has any role in this and she is feeling remorseful, now is the time to get it off of her chest. Cassie's birthday is coming up-it would be so nice to see a push that will bring her home.

So there were two posters seen, Savvy Rose? Thank you again for giving us an idea of the atmosphere on the ground.

The most compelling information I have read all along is that she was abnormally quiet, especially on her way home. And for BR to be standing out there when Cassie was dropped off, a wolf in waiting, and for her to not speak to him on her way by, well I just have a feeling her worst fears were realized. As I mentioned previously, I think it is very likely that she knew she was going home to something.... And mom being 'out of it' from being sick or recovering from pain or whatever, so not able to really give her daughter the attention she so desperately needed.... how much of that illness was caused by someone else 'making sure' mom was in fact 'out of it'. Pure speculation, of course. =(

I think that this seems likely-I think the idea of JC being overmedicated and unaware fits really well.

So if not JC and BR, who? BR alone, BR and someone else?

Re: texting between Cassie and JC at exactly 6:03 p.m. 9/14/14. In questioning "how medicated" JC was at the time Cassie arrived home, I looked back at the "transcript" of Cassie's texts to her mom which were printed in the Letter to the Editor on 11/6/14. The first time I read the letter in print, I found it very curious that only Cassie's words were shown. Why were JC's comments not there? It is common for teens to "screen shot" funny little conversations on their Iphones and send straight to SM. I first thought, well, they couldn't screen shot to the newspaper easily unless treated like a photo. When I went on-line, I couldn't find a copy of a screenshot (where it would appear less awkward than in newspaper print). Going deeper into a FB friend of JC's posting, initials EW, she had a screen shot posted of the last phone conversation her daughter had had shortly before GOING MISSING on 10/28/14. Her daughter was back with the family by the next weekend. It was very EERIE to see almost identical phrasing being used, including the "Baby Girl" term in pleas for a return. --- Was JC alert enough to text coherently at 6:03 p.m., but not well enough to greet Cassie at door by 6:30 p.m. nor call police by 8:30 p.m.? Was medication taken/given at a particular time?

Re: texting between Cassie and JC at exactly 6:03 p.m. 9/14/14. In questioning "how medicated" JC was at the time Cassie arrived home, I looked back at the "transcript" of Cassie's texts to her mom which were printed in the Letter to the Editor on 11/6/14. The first time I read the letter in print, I found it very curious that only Cassie's words were shown. Why were JC's comments not there? It is common for teens to "screen shot" funny little conversations on their Iphones and send straight to SM. I first thought, well, they couldn't screen shot to the newspaper easily unless treated like a photo. When I went on-line, I couldn't find a copy of a screenshot (where it would appear less awkward than in newspaper print). Going deeper into a FB friend of JC's posting, initials EW, she had a screen shot posted of the last phone conversation her daughter had had shortly before GOING MISSING on 10/28/14. Her daughter was back with the family by the next weekend. It was very EERIE to see almost identical phrasing being used, including the "Baby Girl" term in pleas for a return. --- Was JC alert enough to text coherently at 6:03 p.m., but not well enough to greet Cassie at door by 6:30 p.m. nor call police by 8:30 p.m.? Was medication taken at a particular time?

I think even in a letter to the editor there's a way to carefully type to show both sides of a conversation. Even if the paper retyped it. This is a great point Got4, why leave out JCs side of the conversation? What was said that should be hidden, could be misunderstood, etc? Who told her to leave that out-LE, (doubt it), JC or was it her own call? They'd be best to "bare all" so to speak. And honestly, what does the writer have to lose by being forthcoming about the situation? What does she know that the rest of us don't?
My apologies for being pretty blunt here. But IMO JC just doesn't display the urgency of a mom that gets that her daughter is in grave danger or possibly decreased. A mom with a missing child usually is running on her last thread-posting desperately, commenting to others, putting up posters all over etc etc. I do not get a sense of urgency even in her FB posts that come maybe once a week. She seems confident that all will work out & eventually God will make sure Cassie comes home. I get that she's extremely religious but even the most God fearing mothers lose it when their babies are missing and do anything to find them or raise awareness for them. I'm just not buying it. If she truly were wanting to find Cassie she would be ensuring that facts were known, out there & her face was everywhere -even if she was doing it with her last breath and only penny she had. MOO. She seems more like she knows what has happened to her & is upset that she couldn't/didn't stop it IMO...

My apologies for being pretty blunt here. But IMO JC just doesn't display the urgency of a mom that gets that her daughter is in grave danger or possibly decreased. A mom with a missing child usually is running on her last thread-posting desperately, commenting to others, putting up posters all over etc etc. I do not get a sense of urgency even in her FB posts that come maybe once a week. She seems confident that all will work out & eventually God will make sure Cassie comes home. I get that she's extremely religious but even the most God fearing mothers lose it when their babies are missing and do anything to find them or raise awareness for them. I'm just not buying it. If she truly were wanting to find Cassie she would be ensuring that facts were known, out there & her face was everywhere -even if she was doing it with her last breath and only penny she had. MOO. She seems more like she knows what has happened to her & is upset that she couldn't/didn't stop it IMO...

I feel the same way and appreciate you being so candid. I also think we could devote an entire thread to a woman who has her professed beliefs and compare it to the life she seems to have led. I do hope that any clear and consistent information she has given to police is hold back information. I cant help but going back to the weakness of the physical description of Cassie and the puzzling lack of solid info on her last known clothing etc. Probably the next interview should deal with that because accurate information is the fastest way to get her home. I really do wonder if her plaid shorts have been found.

Tupelomz sent me the PDFs to convert for her. She isn't able to post to the forum at the moment & asked that I post the report for her.
8b93a714af72b798b38a0977063c5fe8.jpg
e0923acc7d73b8bdeecad2bf82fffd62.jpg

I totally agree, Opie. We don't have a 'Cassie' in our personal family (I am so greatful for that, and so very sorry for your loss, Opie :( ) but we have acquired MANY in our 'professional' family of SAR.

This may very well be true, MizOpinion.
But personally, I find it absolutely appalling, and an affront to humanity to be quite honest, that local LE considers the assumed murder and disposal of a 15 year old child by someone(s) known to apparently half of the town to be not only commonplace and unremarkable, but not worth the effort investigating.

Is there something we should know about local LE, beyond what we've already gathered from MSM, that would make the local community 'ok' with this sort of response to a perceived violent and homegrown crime? Do we need to be trying to figure out (from MSM sources, of course) if the local community is perhaps fearful of LE, and if so- why?

Because folks, we've got a lot of small town experience with this sort of thing (lets look back at Hailey) and it's just not right.

Something is going on here beyond the disappearance of a child. And I don't know about ya'll....but I want to know what.

Sorry, I was unclear in my post. We do have a Cassie (real name, different spelling) and she is still alive and with us, but seems to be heading down some wrong paths. Thank you so much for your concern for so many.

^ THAT is the sum total of a 'narrative' taken for a missing child report?? Are they usually so , umm, sparse with any info pertaining to the events leading up to and or immediately after the event?? I would think LE would want to capture as much as much as possible relating to the child while everything is still 'fresh'? It's like part is missing...like it should continue & say "and Ms. C also states that Cassie had just returned from blah blah with so & so, , came in and left, blah blah, etc etc"
Or am I too detail oriented??

Maybe one of the VI'S can clarify- So is the mayor the highest ranking official in the city government? Is that who oversees the various depts of the city and who has ultimate power to hire & fire? As opposed to a city manager/council format?

I wonder if Cassie's reported quiet demeanor was caused by her text conversation with her mom. Did something feel off to Cassie about it? Did JC's end of the conversation indicate to Cassie that JC was medicated or less than 100% engaged? If mom struggles with pain or is a regular taker of pain meds Cassie would be very familiar with the difference between her mother medicated and nonmedicated.

Was her quiet related to the text exchange? Did she know she was going into her home with mom unavailable or unable to be alert?

Leaving Cassie to beard the wolf in its den alone?

Maybe the responses of JC that were not included in the text messages were because the wording was off? And LE knows this? Perhaps BR was typing as JC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog