AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm catching up with you guys. Can anyone confirm my suspicions that JC and BR were not named by LE as suspects until after the date of this FB post (Oct 17)??

BBM

JC and BR were named suspects in the media after that date, but the language indicates that they are "still considered suspects." This would lead me to believe that this status has been in place for some time.

No worries-I can bump the ping and recovered remains discussion so we are all refreshed.

Bump Bump

Two posts from STM about searching as a recovery mission and the ping info.

The first search (October 4, led by local LE and FBI) started in the area of the local airport and ended in the Casscoe area due to phone pings (not sure who's phone). This was told to me by the SAR leader who led the second search and was a team leader in the first search. The second search (October 11) started one block from Cassie's home and visited many areas in and around Stuttgart. We all started along railroad tracks and in a wooded area within 2 blocks of her home. We were advised that if she was taken somewhere this close to the home that she very well could have been dismembered for easier transportation. We also searched some other areas on the edge of town and near reservoirs where BR reportedly likes to ride his bike. We searched a large rice hull dump area and coal ash dump site as well, where there would be little traffic besides the occasional semi or dump truck. We searched along the banks of reservoirs in the area, on the lookout for any rolled up blankets, tarp, etc and any recently dumped trash bags. There was also a group that searched a cemetery in town because a resident in the neighborhood called LE on BR because he seemed to be loitering and snooping around the area. The resident told LE that he had asked him how much traffic goes through there on a daily basis. This information came from the SAR leader. (I'm guessing I can say these things now that BR is definitely a suspect, right?)

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SmallTownMomma

When I participated in the volunteer search in October we met in the parking lot of Ponder's Auction (on Leslie Street between 15th and 16th). We began our searches around the railroad tracks about 200 feet east and the woods that bordered those tracks behind RW Manufacturing (1506 S Wood Street). We were told that there was a good chance that if anything was done without using transportation that she would be in that area. We were also cautioned against the possibility of finding body parts and told to look for such evidence. (I hope I can say that here. We heard that several times from the man leading the search that is a regular at SAR.)

She was reported missing that Sunday night and officers came to her house the next morning to make a report. The only time that seems to be unaccounted for that evening was between approximately 6pm (when Hunter Snyder supposedly dropped her home) and 9:14pm (when Brandon called Tracey Snyder to ask if she was still with them). Then there was the text message at 7:15 (I think but may be wrong) that she may or may not have sent herself. However, she was first thought of as a runaway so I am not sure when the house or property was first searched and the time gap between.

I would really like to know who first brought up the possibility that she ran away...hopefully we will get a sense of that with the police report.

Okay, I'm a ditz. The volunteer search was on October 18, two weeks after the first with LE. I'm so sorry about the confusion. (I blame losing my marbles on my kids...) :)

About the secret mentioned in the post made 10-17-14 and tagging Cassie, while the secret may not mean what the poster (family member) thinks it means, it may still be very relevant to whatever happened to Cassie.

So I sure hope that individual reached out to LE and not just a family member or friend KWIM.

I would really like to know who first brought up the possibility that she ran away...hopefully we will get a sense of that with the police report.

I'm sure others are thinking this too, so I'm going to bring it up. Suggesting to LE that she ran away when reporting her missing to me feels like you're buying some time. Especially with all that has happened since her disappearance. It might not have felt that way at first, but it definitely does now.

Trying to put myself in JC's shoes... She is/was a RSO and presumably dealt with child services in Oklahoma. That alone would make some people afraid to approach the police and afraid to trust them during the course of an investigation. It's not the most logical way to behave, but I'm sure she wouldn't be first person to act that way. If I didn't trust the police and felt like I was personally under attack whenever I did try to reach out, I could understand giving whatever info I had to anyone who was kind and seemed genuinely interested in looking for Cassie. It might not have been a good idea, but maybe that is her way of doing everything she can.

She is disabled. Is it possible that her disability includes something like depression or bipolar? It might explain some of her behavior & statements on camera.

Sierra Lamarr's father was a convicted sex offender. When his daughter went missing he came out and told everyone he was a SO and that he had nothing to do with his daughters disappearance. He was very up front and honest it made things so much better to just get the skeletons out of the closet because the public knows or will find out all the secrets anyway!

I agree STM. It is one thing if a conversation goes:
(whoever reported her): "Hi Cassie Compton is missing!"
LE: She must have run away.

as opposed to:
(person who reported her missing): Hi Cassie Compton is missing.
LE: What do you think happened?
(person who reported her missing): I think she ran away.

It would be interesting to know who suggested she might have just run off first. Does she have any history that includes taking off for a day or two or disappearing overnight when upset?

Or possibly no one suggested it but LE, on hearing her age, seeing the age disparity of the adult couple in the home and hearing that Cassie takes "walks" when upset and may have mental health issues, could have easily made an assumption that she was perhaps off somewhere "cooling off".

Told people that JC was on a "CERTAIN website"?? What website?? Is it material?? If so, I pray that the well meaning woman communicated it to LE pronto.

I'm pretty sure she is referring to the SO registry.

Ah ha-I thought perhaps she frequented a website.

SO much white noise (Drama) only serves to keep people focused on it rather than the task at hand. Probably best that page went away as it was apparently overrun by petty drama that did not best serve the goal of finding Cassie.

Sadly, it happens more often than not with FB groups and help find pages. Seen it way too often.

imho one of the saddest things to me, is out of 132 'friends' on her FB, not one has her missing flyer as a profile, and only one has even commented on her page that they 'love and miss you'
Chances are she may never read or see it, but it is the thought that counts. Capiche?

none of the teens/peer group have made little ribbons of her favorite color, no one has tied ribbons on the trees
Granted she wasn't currently in school, but geesh she wasn't invisible....was she?
it's like they have given up or something , and life rolls on

She wasn't in school?
Why?
Home schooled?

Was she up to date?

If any of our verified insiders can get to the bottom of the boots and shoe size dilemma, I would be incredibly grateful. The model of her phone would be good stuff as well.

In the interim, I am hoping to hear that the push this weekend will include areas that hunters and out of towners frequent so that any evidence in the woods isnt compromised. I know that one of our VI's indicated that they had seen the police report which indicated BR rode his bike to SPD and reported Cassie missing. (Why not call and have them come?) I am looking forward to seeing a copy of that and the dispatch logs because it is hard to tell what the timeline is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966