AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who ever might be 'on the ground' in Stuttgart- please try to find out who the 'we' was that sreshowtime was referring to upthread. And also please try to find out where the officer who took the report at the Compton residence on Monday morning took it, specifically from inside or outside the residence. I would greatly appreciate it. TIA.

Here is an example of something learned "on the ground" which does not help Cassie's case in hind-sight, but may fit into the "justification" of possible delay in filing a missing persons report. This is something I discussed with a licensed clinical social worker who works with troubled teens in Little Rock. If an adolescent has a mental illness, the doctor making the diagnosis may certify the child as having a Serious Emotional Disturbance. (There is a Serious Mental Illness form for adults.) This certificate is what a parent (or family member) is to pull out and share with law enforcement when the risk of running away is high or has recently occurred. The SED/SMI document sounds the alarm immediately! The length of time the certificate is valid varies from 45 days, to one year, to length of treatment plan. The in-patient facility where my contact works regularly offers this document at the time of discharge.

http://humanservices.arkansas.gov/dbhs/Documents/SED Certification Form.pdf

If Cassie were diagnosed Bi-polar as stated "possibly" in the MP report, having a SED document might have saved 13 hours lost time. Knowing about this kind of form could help any family with a mentally ill child be more prepared.

I haven't had a chance to read all 4 threads in their entirety but what other facts do we know about BW?
How long had he been with JC?
Where was he living before living with JC and CC?
Was the only household income JC's disability check or was BW working consistently anywhere (I read where a VI said he would come into her husbands shop looking for odd jobs to do)?
Was BW concerned that JC was going to leave him/boot him before the disappearance?
My understanding from what I have read is that they (BW and JC) were mentioned in MSM as possible POIs and still have not been ruled out so it is okay to sleuth them correct? I don't want to violate TOS if I missed something or I'm confusing cases.

I know you prefaced your note by saying it won't help the case now, but I don't even know if it would have mattered then. "Possibly" doesn't sound very official.

I understand what you're trying to say got4, and agree wholeheartedly that having documentation of a childs' illness or suspected illness (this goes for adults as well) is imperative in MP cases. It not only expedities LE and 1st responder response, but also provides much needed information to assist the MP if/when located. Autism is an excellent example, as is something like diabetes or mental illness.

However, it concerns me that in Cassie's case, where DSS was clearly involved on several different levels, that all JC had to produce was a personal statement about 'possibly bi-polar' regarding her childs' health. I am not blaming JC for Cassie's disappearance; however, if there was a diagnosis- or even a suspected diagnosis- of mental illness, there should be a record. Not unlike immunizations.
We have had MP cases where parents or guardians do not immediately have their childs' medical records handy- not uncommon. Not everyone has an organized file of their childs' health history. However, most can dig it up pretty darn quick when their child has disappeared. All it takes (if, say, you lost it in a fire, or you moved and it was misplaced, that sort of thing) is a call to the childs' doctor, dentist, therapist, whoever. They will have it on file, and they will give it to you in a heartbeat.

It concerns me greatly that we have not seen any 'proof' of Cassie's various diagnosis'. Including any visits to ER's, broken bones, normal childhood illnesses, allergies, immunizations, etc. Has JC called Cassie's various physicians and asked for these records? If she has not, and someone has the ability to advise her to do so, they should do that asap.

We can only search so many ER's and admits with such little information available, kwim?

Was CC in public school until a certain point or no?

It appears she was in and out of several different schools over several different years. The records are somewhat fuzzy. We do know for certain that she was not registered in any public school for the 2014/2015 school year, not was she registered with any homeschooling organization. If anyone else has been able to find firm records, please post them?

What MAY have helped is if the missing persons report was filed Sunday night instead of waiting until Monday.

True that. Unfortunately, that's not what happened. :(

Do we have any sort of timeline for CC's life already created? Maybe even starting with the dates JC and bio dad became RSO's and then listing important dates - schools, moving, change in parents relationships and members of the household, hospitalizations that we do know of etc?

if you read back on one of her earlier FB's, she does indicate a previous time of homeschooling....I think prior to Arkansas? And then she must have had a stint of public school in Ark. I think it has been back and forth.
I really wonder if she was even on grade level, if her schooling was inconsistent overall. I wonder if the other sibs, assuming they lived on the same home at some point over the yrs, also homeschooled....

Having homeschooled my child in the past, and knowing a wide circle of homeschoolers....I can tell you that there are many who do it extremely well...and then there those that...well...sigh.

I still don't understand the silence...seriously what ever came of that bunch of locals that was all gung ho, that met at that gossipy place, that supposedly formed little 'committees' to do stuff related to creating awareness and searching for Cassie, etc...?? It's on the FCC fb, back on 11.09.14
There was supposedly a booth at that duck festival, but I never saw any report on FB about it, nada...from the people involved in it, iirc.
Were they as a group told to stand down?? What?
I don't mean to be a witch, but really...how the freaking heck can that town sleep at night with not one missing person, but 2? I don't even live there and it bothers the stew outta me, still!

if you read back on one of her earlier FB's, she does indicate a previous time of homeschooling....I think prior to Arkansas? And then she must have had a stint of public school in Ark. I think it has been back and forth.
I really wonder if she was even on grade level, if her schooling was inconsistent overall. I wonder if the other sibs, assuming they lived on the same home at some point over the yrs, also homeschooled....

Having homeschooled my child in the past, and knowing a wide circle of homeschoolers....I can tell you that there are many who do it extremely well...and then there those that...well...sigh.

I still don't understand the silence...seriously what ever came of that bunch of locals that was all gung ho, that met at that gossipy place, that supposedly formed little 'committees' to do stuff related to creating awareness and searching for Cassie, etc...?? It's on the FCC fb, back on 11.09.14
There was supposedly a booth at that duck festival, but I never saw any report on FB about it, nada...from the people involved in it, iirc.
I don't mean to be a witch, but really...how the freaking heck can that town sleep at night with not one missing person, but 2? I don't even live there and it bothers the stew outta me, still!

I have been wondering that also. The FB page for missing teen Megan Nichols that I referenced a while back always posts updates of their "meetings" in regards to fundraisers, handing out flyers, etc. And Cassie's page doesn't really have anything except just re-posting of her flyer every few days or so. Is ANYTHING going on behind the scenes? Are they having meetings, discussing fundraisers? I just don't ever see anything about any of this, no news at all. What about cfsi? I see that the poster they are using says it was made by that organization, does anyone know what happened with that? Did JC get in touch with them within the 90 day time frame? Are they searching? Maybe there is a ton of stuff going on that we don't know about, I hope so. So frustrating. :(

Sre- the homeschooling thing, perhaps from OK- is that from FB? Have you found any standardized testing, anything like that? You're awesome at this stuff and I am so frustrated by the lack of verifiable info on this child...heck I went back to 3rd grade and still can't figure it out. But no history of behavioral problems either, juvie, nothing. What the heck? How can there be so little info on this child who clearly was *supposed* to be followed by at the very least a GAL for two years??

And you're not being a witch, or if you are, so am I. There was this huge outcry, everyone knew who did it, some claimed to know where she was, they organized searches, they raised money for her burial expenses for christs' sake.
Now. Nothing.
Why the need to close ranks?

I dont think they were told to stand down. I think it is possible that apathy, confusion and self preservation may have stopped the momentum. It is far easier to stop moving the football when everyone has left the stadium, kwim? I could be super cynical and point out that the fan fare was over when the Wings over Mack etc left town, but perhaps it is coincidence.

It makes me happy to be here and to be able to express my frustration shoulder to shoulder. Even the sleuthing here on WS has been derailed by confusion, doubt and no clear transparent answers to incredibly simple questions.

Cassie's family is a complicated extended one. If JC isnt going to raise a ruckus, perhaps someone else could?

There have been shenanigans afoot here-the easiest way to derail any kind of meaningful investigation is to imply that the missing person is alive, that they left under their own steam and that they have done so in the past. Oh, and make sure that you dont provide any information that will actually identify her as she was when she disappeared. And then when folks are out looking for her, distract them. And when folks are consensus building online, distract them....IDK.

I agree. I don't think anyone was told to stand down.

Pointing in another direction is pretty classic. There's been a whole lot of that in Cassie's case.

OK-back to the irregular school attendance. I am committed to the idea that JC had little idea what Cassie did during the day. What did she do while her peers were at school? Who did she hang out with currently who was in her life prior to 3 weeks before she disappeared? Was she commonly friends/BFF's with boys or was she more comfortable with girls?

What do her peers think happened to her and do they care?

I, uh, had a little stint of not going to school in my mid teens. I was hangin out at various party houses. Most of my friends were older.

Do we know what Cassie was like? Good girl despite poor upbringing? Did she use drugs? Run with a rough crowd? A loner that mostly stayed home or at her BF's house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966