AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, TY Oriah-how does it work when you are having a search for multiple missing people? Do the handlers have to keep the dogs separate and the groups separate? For example, if Buddy the dog has been assigned the responsibility of looking for Cassie and Elmo the dog is assigned the responsibility of looking for Mr Gibbs, can you have them all running around in the same area?

One more question-if both cases are simply recovery cases, can the same HRD dogs be sent everywhere? Basically, if they scent human remains it wont matter whose it is, just that they have scented them?

As for sending bite dogs after a missing child...no way. I dont see it.

If you have multiple live missing persons, you split up teams- meaning both k9s and handlers. They have different scents, they're looking for different scents. Occasionally there will be a crossover, such as if a missing child is with an abductor and you are not certain they are together, but it turns out they are. But best case scenario, you're separating the scents because to make that assumption (that they are in the same location) is to confuse your k9, kwim? If you are looking at an HR situation and more than one person is likely deceased, then some dogs are trained to find any remains (like disaster dogs) others are trained to find specific remains using specific scent articles from the deceased. It actually gets quite complicated. That probably didn't help much in the way of explanation. Sorry! But basically no- NO trained dog SAR, police, DOC, HR- should be running about willy nilly. Ever.

TY Oriah. I get it.

So for the future Mr Gibbs/Cassie search, we hope the dogs and the handlers are split up so that there isnt confusion. So I would think that there will be more than 2 dogs for sure.

they used 'prison' dogs looking for Hailey, remember? Besides 'tracking' they dropped them off at the motels around town too....

wait a minute...where is it that those dogs coming thru ASP are searching for Cassie too? IIRC the article mentioned for Mr. Gibbs

Ayup. And we know how well that worked for Hailey. There's a very non technical term for that in the k9 world called 'dog dropping.' It basically means, someone has a hunch that someone is somewhere, so they put their dog in a car, drive them to the location of the hunch, drop the dog off and then claim their dog has alerted at that location. No actual scent work involved.
It's kind of like turning your dog into a doggie psychic. Not good at all. And I don't know of any cases where it stood up in court, which is yet one more huge problem, in addition to the ethics involved.

Re:the ASP k9's- I don't think we have any idea that they have anything to do with Cassie at all. Personally, I think they are sending out HR k9's for Mr. Gibbs because they probably have a pretty decent idea of where he might be, how far he may have gotten, etc etc. I think everything else is just rumor. JMO.

OK, so we dont know that the Mr Gibbs search will be tied in to Cassie's. Back to what we were discussing then...we know what peeps stated in the media regarding who reported her missing and we know what we have. JC says that LE came to her so she could make the report.

Well, many of the players seem to be close to the detective in charge of the case-under those circumstances, maybe LE does make house calls?

Does anyone know if they went inside or they sat outside?

I have actually never seen anything like this case and the way it is unfolding. :( It takes so long to get information and frequently the information that has been shared is not accurate. Like the October search info. Ugh....it is January.

I cant decide which direction to restart the discussion. Maybe what we can tease out-BR was arrested when for his trespassing adventure and BR was kicked out of JC's house when? Does it co incide with the DOC search effort?

3:56 mark

"My original phone was taken and she doesn't have my new phone number"

3:34 mark in response to question about rumors/allegations that there might have been sexual abuse going on in the home and if that may have played a role in her disappearance"There was none that I know of" "She was wanting to be grown and act like a grown up"

http://www.fox16.com/story/d/story/w...tkS92-1COXpLTw

Just was looking thru the media and timeline thread (that I just now found BTW lol) and these two things don't sit well with me...

Who took her phone ? Is she referring to LE seizing it? Would that mean you have to get a new number? Or did butthead take it from her first? IF LE had her original one that CC has the number to, they would know if CC was calling YKWIM, seems odd that JC would be upset about that. The other comment seems like she is upset with CC for being sexually active (just the vibe I get from it being in response to a question about sexual abuse in the home)

When I can't find anything new to read about Cassie (Stuttgart, AR), I go read about Christina Morris (Allen, TX). Something that hasn't been discussed here on WS (IIRC) is the use of drones. On social media, there is a friend of a local weatherman who is pretty proficient in drone photography as a hobby. Most of our tree "islands" run along natural waterways in this area. So drones could be pretty handy in grassy areas . . . but they don't sniff. This story quotes 150 pictures in 10 minutes.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...drone-plano-shops-legacy-equusearch/15425191/

I wasn't aware that anyone thought it was an attack? I was just stating that many have tried reaching out to her including myself. I was only responding to your question of asking if anyone had made any progress regarding NamUs with the dental & DNA. This is why I don't comment much here. Anyway that's all I have to add regarding this. I will continue my efforts behind the scenes with those working this case. I wish you all the best of luck with your brainstorming, I truly you all are able to come up with something. Because something NEEDS to be done. Hope everyone has a good night, take care.
Bigheart... =/ I appreciate you. I'm sorry to see you go. You, and the other VI's who have also been run off from here have provided so much valuable information. All perspectives provide 'aha' moments for other people, which is the whole point of this forum.

Drones are actually used with some frequency in SAR. They have been discussed here on WS's, but not in some time. The ones sophisticated enough to be extremely helpful (for example, some have infrared, their cameras are all different, angles, range, that sort of thing) are quite expensive, and the operators have to be pretty well trained in order for them to be effective- they are surprisingly hard to manage lol.) So many smaller SAR groups don't have access to them. It's an excellent idea however, in cases like Cassie's. We have access to two, as well as an operator who is excellent. I will definitely look into that. oh and ETA? Some have scent capabilities. :)

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...drone-plano-shops-legacy-equusearch/15425191/[/QUOTE]

It's interesting that you point out that comment about Cassie wanting to be 'grown and act like a grown up.'
At first, I thought to myself- total diversion. Then I got to wondering not so much about Cassie wanting to 'act like a grown up' (what teen doesn't?) but what other actual adults- either within her home or outside of her home were wanting Cassie to 'act like a grown up.' And in what way.

How that plays into the phone, I'm not certain. But the implications don't sit well with me.

Charlie,
I saw you briefly on the thread. I was wondering if you had any thoughts on if there were to be a search for Cassie in February, lets say a perfect weather day, where you think drone usage might be most useful? Not trying to put you on the spot and no need to answer if you don't want to. Was just interested in and respect your opinion.
TIA
Oriah

It's interesting that you point out that comment about Cassie wanting to be 'grown and act like a grown up.'
At first, I thought to myself- total diversion. Then I got to wondering not so much about Cassie wanting to 'act like a grown up' (what teen doesn't?) but what other actual adults- either within her home or outside of her home were wanting Cassie to 'act like a grown up.' And in what way.

How that plays into the phone, I'm not certain. But the implications don't sit well with me.

totally agree! Being that mom was a RSO for failing to protect her eldest daughter from sexual abuse by CC's father makes me think that LE had reason to believe (& most likely evidence) that JC knew it was happening and didn't report it to police. Now years later history may be repeating itself IMO. Or she was being forced to earn money for the household?
Anyone ever see the movie Precious? This case makes me just as sick as I was watching that movie.
JC is a suspect and watching the videos on the media thread I don't feel she is sincere, just my opinion.

If people are finding it difficult to work with SPD, ASP, FBI and NCMEC are available and willing. I havent heard anything about anyone taking their issues to them. Why? Tips, thoughts, ideas, concerns...those three additional resources are all ears.

What people?

What we call ALE (alternative learning environment) is on-campus, but is a highly restricted self-contained classroom on each campus. While a support staff member is there all day, a certified teacher for each subject rotates in each period for instruction. A student can only be placed there with agreement of the parent and is usually for the remainder of a semester. Expulsion involves school board for drugs/alcohol/weapons. Most kids in fights will get an ISS assignment (in-school suspension) where their regular teacher sends their work to them each morning. The time range there can be one day up to 10 days. Repeat offenses build up length of stay. Meals (without plastic ware) are on foam trays or in paper sacks delivered from cafeteria. At middle school, the ISS was in an unused older gym where the desks can be spread way out keeping the kids apart all day and allowing them two breaks for shooting hoops and getting exercise. Out-of-school suspension (OSS) isn't used very often unless a student is heading to the school board -- like for injuring another student in a fight that called for medical treatment.

My son got out of school suspension in Middle School for saying the "f" word in conversation with another student - not even threatening. I laughed when the vice principal called me to come get him because I thought he was kidding!! And my son had not been in trouble for anything prior to that, either. So stupid!

What people?

Well for example, bigheart indicated that her primary contact (only contact with LE I believe) has been with SPD. There is such a level of distrust and distaste for them that has been expressed here by our locals I was wondering why they arent bypassing them when there are other options, kwim?

Well for example, bigheart indicated that her primary contact (only contact with LE I believe) has been with SPD. There is such a level of distrust and distaste for them that has been expressed here by our locals I was wondering why they arent bypassing them when there are other options, kwim?

Here is an example of a generalization that puts me on the defensive. "Our locals" (I am one of three, maybe four people who live in Stuttgart.) "They aren't / bypassing them" (Yes, I have reached up above SPD and out to KK more than once.) My first contact with FBI was on Oct. 5/6. I described this scenario early in the first thread. When I had built up enough courage to share the most recent face-to-face interaction with LE, my comments were (reported? and) deleted. WS-ers are only observing what insiders have chosen to post, that isn't erased, not necessarily all we are doing behind the scenes. I am here to learn, to ask questions, and to get ideas -- not to broadcast my actions. The biggest factor leading to mistrust of LE is the lack of communication with the public and the tipsters themselves who could do more if their information were validated (or disproven). At least the FBI agent I contacted sent a "thank you" email . . . .

My frustration with this case stems from lack of basically any information as to what is going on, from any sources. Just based on my observations, it is hard for outsiders/observers to feel that anyone is actually searching for Cassie because we are not hearing anything. In general (and this is VERY general, just based on previous cases I have seen), at the very least, the majority of Facebook pages for those who are missing give periodic updates: i.e. LE told us they are getting approximately 50 tips per day, we are organizing a search this weekend, a fundraiser is in the works, etc. There are also very few articles about the search for Cassie (at least recently). My feelings are that much of this is due to the fact that there doesn't seem to be any family, or even close friends, involved. Normally FB pages are run by the missing persons family and they make an effort to post and keep people updated. That is absent with this case. Is JC the only family that Cassie has in Stuttgart? No aunts, uncles, cousins? I know she apparently has family in OK, which I realize makes it harder with the distance issue, but nothing from them either.
I think that is part of the problem with the VI's in this case also. A lot of the time, VI's in a missing case are relatives of the person, or at the very least have close ties to a relative, such as a friend of the family or something. Unfortunately none of the insiders with Cassie's case are part of her "inner circle" or close to that circle. They are locals who pretty much have to observe things from the outside just as we do, they just happen to be in the area. I do not know what posts are being deleted o r what we are "not allowed" to hear. And yes, I realize we are not supposed to discuss things like that so that is all I will say on that matter. I just don't want any VI's on this case to think we are saying they are not doing enough or don't care. Again, it is just difficult because we don't hear of anything going on at all. I really wish some family or someone who WAS close to Cassie would step up and show that yes, things are being done.

Come to think of it, I am now trying to figure out how this case moved so quickly to third party resources like PI's and the like when those bigger jurisdictions and their resources are available.:thinking:

First I want to say that one of the things I have learned here on WS is that more often than not LE is doing a lot more behind the scenes than what we,the general public, know about . Hope that is true in Cassie's case as well.
Now...in my opinion, getting the agency with the PI involved did not happen quickly. IIRC Cassie had been missing for at least several weeks. This agency was contacted after we had heard that the FBI was involved then not another word about them after,, KK and K9 unit had came and left with no further word, and SPD was MIA (seemingly at least).
It is my understanding that these resourses have to be requested by LE and a family member and one or the other or both were not reaching out. For some reason JC did reach out to the agency with the PI. Maybe because she thought the PI would look into tracking Cassie down as a run away and the other angencys would not?..IDK
Just my thoughts and :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member