AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm ummmm...off for a few to do some checking on some stuff. bb in a bit

Most of the time I have no idea what anyone is talking about here.
So .... Please come home Cassie Kay and may the person (s) responsible for keeping you from home this long pay.....

something else that continues to bug me is that text about going for smokes... and like it didn't faze HS?? Or he was cool with it....

and no one has ever said yeah she used to go to _____ to get cigs

Tup, you can think out loud too! the more heads the better

you heard any more local chatter from your people there??

Brief thought on the DOC horses and k9s, and the date. Who else might they possibly have been looking for?

I am thinking the use of horses was in relation to the terrain at the airport. The wild grass is extremely tall there, especially where they are trying to re-establish native prairie habitat, and people in a grid on foot or four-wheeler might not be high enough up off the ground to see more than 10 feet. (Notice some Rangers and Gators in the KTHV clip have men STANDING on the back of them.) Someone on a horse could probably see 30-40 feet. I didn't think the horses were there to "make chase" as they would for a convict slipping off a work crew. There are three prisons about an hour away from Stuttgart -- Tucker, Cummins and Varner. It wasn't terribly complicated to mobilize DOC staff here. It could even to DOC's advantage to practice searching in an area unfamiliar to them. When I first saw clip, it was the uniform of the men on horseback that clicked "DOC" in my head. (Once the hard freeze happened in late October, it was so much easier to look in brushy areas along waterways.)

Yeah those prison dogs....not quite what you need when looking for a missing child. :(

Re: namus- yes. Has anyone made any progress? We need those medical records. It sounds like no one here is able (or wanting) to talk to JC and she is the one that can get ahold of them most easily. Maybe she reads here and will realize how important it is? Healed fractures, dentals, maybe she saved her first tooth, birth defects - for example, I have a friend who was born with, essentially, two bones in her arm that should have fused but didn't. You'd never know by looking at her, and in fact she's an athlete. But it showed up on an xray when she was a teen because she injured her shoulder on a slide at a waterpark. Her mom was like, what the heck is that? Doc said, well....she was probably born with that, lol. Those sorts of things. Anything at all. Doesn't matter at this point how or why she may have had anything happen to her- just the information so we can get some actual ID in there.
There are 1000s of people in Namus. How can we help find someone with such little physical ID?

And idk if JC reads here (or a relative or friend that might know) but if it helps any, Namus doesn't always means someone has died. Sometimes it means someone is in a hospital somewhere with a head injury and no ID on them, and no one to know where to look for who they might belong to because they are a long way from home.
Physical ID- especially internal ID- can really help.

Anyway, just wanted to say that. Just in case.

MANY have tried reaching out to JC, including myself LONG before I became a member on WS. And she refuses to talk to anyone. So unless LE decides to get the dental & DNA for the NamUs then I don't see it happening from JC. IMO I was the one that registered CC with NamUs.

yes bigheart I remember you got her on NAMUS...and LE knows, yet they have made no stride to get that info then either I presume

interesting the reaching out portion....so point blank, is the consensus amongst those you know, that she is either in some deep denial as to what may have possibly happened to Cassie, or she knows darn well Cassie is alive some where and refuses to come home even though butthead is gone OR she is afraid to get 'close' to any one for fear of implicating herself?

or DO any of you think someone(s) there IN town/area are responsible and LE is casting a blind eye?
What might you speculate?

can you share, or do you know if anyone is 'there' for her? Or is she sitting there alone all day wallering in pity/loathing/fear/hope, ????

Whoa everyone, the namus statement- not an attack nor an accusation. I fully realize the situation is difficult to deal with. It was a request. It is not easy to get a subpoena, even for LE, for medical records for a minor with a legal parent or guardian who has the right to refuse. You kind of have to jump through a lot of hoops and it takes forever and you have to have exactly the right info and get the right judge. It was also not a 'who did what when.' I'm glad she's entered- we just need more.

It was simply an appeal- that perhaps there is someone out there that we don't know of, who might have information that they don't even know they have, that might help. Maybe Cassie had a babysitter when she was 3 or 4 or 5 who remembers something. Maybe a neighbor from Oklahoma. Maybe a preschool teacher, anyone. Maybe JC talks to someone, anyone, idk. Maybe she cares, maybe she doesn't- I don't know.
It wasn't about blame. It's just about trying to brainstorm ways to gain more physical information on this child that someone MUST have.
That's all.

Whoa everyone, the namus statement- not an attack nor an accusation. I fully realize the situation is difficult to deal with. It was a request. It is not easy to get a subpoena, even for LE, for medical records for a minor with a legal parent or guardian who has the right to refuse. You kind of have to jump through a lot of hoops and it takes forever and you have to have exactly the right info and get the right judge. It was also not a 'who did what when.' I'm glad she's entered- we just need more.

It was simply an appeal- that perhaps there is someone out there that we don't know of, who might have information that they don't even know they have, that might help. Maybe Cassie had a babysitter when she was 3 or 4 or 5 who remembers something. Maybe a neighbor from Oklahoma. Maybe a preschool teacher, anyone. Maybe JC talks to someone, anyone, idk. Maybe she cares, maybe she doesn't- I don't know.
It wasn't about blame. It's just about trying to brainstorm ways to gain more physical information on this child that someone MUST have.
That's all.

I wasn't aware that anyone thought it was an attack? I was just stating that many have tried reaching out to her including myself. I was only responding to your question of asking if anyone had made any progress regarding NamUs with the dental & DNA. This is why I don't comment much here. Anyway that's all I have to add regarding this. I will continue my efforts behind the scenes with those working this case. I wish you all the best of luck with your brainstorming, I truly you all are able to come up with something. Because something NEEDS to be done. Hope everyone has a good night, take care.

This too, not directed at anyone in particular, just some rambling thoughts.
When you work in SAR for a long time, often you find that brainstorming is all you've got. Even when you're on the ground- sometimes especially when you're on the ground- you try to think of everything and anything that might help you locate the missing person. It's both tactical and hopeful at the same time. It's tough when people lie to you, or just won't talk, or can't- it's tough when LE doesn't care or lies, too. It's tough when you get a call from someone that sounds an awful lot like the last call you responded to, that didn't go well. It helps to have people to bounce ideas off of because sometimes we are fresh out. It doesn't mean we're not packing up for another search, it just means...help is appreciated in the thought department.

For those who are concerned that Cassie has been forgotten- she has not. Not over the holidays, not over 4 months, not at all. We are working, I promise.
it would be fantastic if someone would say, 'Hey, come search my property instead of 'get a warrant.' But that's not happening here- not yet anyway.
So please...keep helping us brainstorm?
Let's keep trying. In front of the scenes, behind the scenes- it doesn't matter if it will help bring Cassie back.
Personally, I thank you all for everything you have done for this child. Each and everyone of you.

Thank you for caring- the world is a better place because of ya'll.

Umm OK wow. Prison dogs and horses and DOC on a missing child search? Right, they werent just about Cassie, it was a 2-3 for the price of one? I think my head is spinning right now. Tell me if I got that wrong.

So another search is happening in the future for someone else, but is some how happening for Cassie as well? Oriah and sre, how does that work? Different dogs get different scent items? And everyone runs into the woods following their particular dog?

I am not getting this at all.

For the record, I was on the phone with SPD for more than 15 minutes and I am a really good listener. Not much of a talker myself... ;)

I really need to distill this down-so the October 4 search conducted with resources from the DOC was supposed to be about Cassie. I find that incredibly hard to believe. They were looking for someone else-who was on the run? BR?

I genuinely believe that there is no way on God's green earth that the DOC was looking for a missing child.

If people are finding it difficult to work with SPD, ASP, FBI and NCMEC are available and willing. I havent heard anything about anyone taking their issues to them. Why? Tips, thoughts, ideas, concerns...those three additional resources are all ears.

Come to think of it, I am now trying to figure out how this case moved so quickly to third party resources like PI's and the like when those bigger jurisdictions and their resources are available.:thinking:

DOC dogs are typically more like police k9s. Idk how they do things in Stuttgart, but here, we put out a DOC k9 to track or trail or airscent someone on the move that needs to be apprehended. That means the dog goes out, usually under verbal command on a visual and known suspect. When it catches up with said subject, it is trained to bite and hold until it's handler/officer releases it.
SAR k9s are totally different. They are scented off of a specific scent (the missing person usually) put on a lead (if at all possible) and they scent on that particular scent. When and if they find that scent, they alert.

If someone put out police or DOC k9's on Cassie, I'm somewhat appalled. Also, I have never known anyone to use a missing child search as a 'training ground'.
That's what training is for. The whole thing perplexes me, and I have to wonder who they were really looking for because under those circumstances, it should not have been a missing child.

If people are finding it difficult to work with SPD, ASP, FBI and NCMEC are available and willing. I havent heard anything about anyone taking their issues to them. Why? Tips, thoughts, ideas, concerns...those three additional resources are all ears.

I speculated about this upthread but no one answered. bigheart said she had only been in contact with SPD. Why? Is it because people are afraid of other branches of LE? There's nothing to be afraid of.

Perhaps SPD has made it clear to the community they want nothing to do with other jurisdictions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadyW528