AR AR - Cassie Compton, 15, Stuttgart, 14 Sept 2014 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11181660#post11181660

She only knew TS a short time. I think it was less a safe-haven, and more a crush on a boy. By her FB, it's obvious she was boy crazy. But a good girl.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11181889#post11181889

See my post above for possible theory #1.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11181971#post11181971

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-14-September-2014-1&p=11182072#post11182072

Just because a report wasn't filed doesn't mean he didn't go. Maybe they saw that crazy guy on a bike and just said anything to get him out of there.

http://www.stuttgartdailyleader.com/article/20141106/NEWS/141109790/?Start=1

Why did Cassie ask her mom that? That's when I started thinking she was dreading going home to face BR, aka possible theory #2.

BBM. on CC's FB page from January 23, 2013, her friend NN is answering quiz questions about CC - #1 "You are a virgin"- NN answers "yes" and CC in the comments tells her she got it wrong. Maybe she was promiscuous. Maybe she made advances to HS. Maybe TS/HS shamed her and she felt embarrassed. Just a thought.
About TS interview - not many opportunities for a small town Mom to speak on National TV. Maybe she was nervous and in an effort to not sound "country" corrected "truck" to "vehicle" (I'm from the area and do use the word "vehicle" and "car" regularly and interchange the two). I'm sure the lady was stressed about the situation and nervous. I'm thinking the correction is irrelevant.
About the MP report - if CC was known to go on "walkabouts", maybe JC wasn't sure she was at a friends and reluctant about police involvement due to activity in the home. Even the sister's friend on FB said "I thought you told me she was with her boyfriend?" If BR is known around town as a fool, maybe LE didn't take him seriously, didn't write a report, and are in CYA mode.
About the town's reaction - with JC's reluctance to become alarmed, and CC bouncing from OK to AR and not attending school. There were not many people familiar with her, and if the family isn't worried, folks assume they know where she is -ran off with bf, went to her dad's in OK, etc. When I look at the family FB pages, there is no urgency! If my sister/daughter went missing - there would be panic in my posts. Some barely mention her missing. Just a few "CC if you are reading, let us know your safe...." every now and then.
IMO, police and JC didn't take this seriously in the beginning. The community reacted to their lack of alarm, and rumors were that she ran off with a boy, etc. I have asked friends and family in the area and the response is always the same - "poor thing ran off." bad home life, not in school, moved back and forth, etc. My heart aches for the child - but the comedy of errors here has failed her, and I don't know if we can go back and unring that bell. JMOO

Do you believe she ran away, sammy32? If so, where do you think she went? May I ask one more question-do your friends and family see her missing posters well represented in the area?

TIA.

Cassie in the paper is a good thing. :)

Maybe we can somehow get her in a larger news source?

Maybe the Gibbs family would be kind enough to take over Cassie's case? They seemed to get a lot more attention.

I have a feeling that the Gibbs family will be occupied with mourning the death of this well loved man. :( They did their marathon....they deserve their chance to get the answers I am sure they are looking for.

I have a feeling that the Gibbs family will be occupied with mourning the death of this well loved man. :( They did their marathon....they deserve their chance to get the answers I am sure they are looking for.

I know. I just wish Cassie could be found. I wish someone was working as hard to find her as Gibb's devoted family.

Good reminder, Gig. Gives me the chance to remind that texts, phone calls, emails, etc are device to device specific. So we have no idea of *who* was actually sending or receiving. Just of the device sending or receiving.

And the device(s)....we have no clarification on that at all, as far as I can tell. Maybe we have a techie here who could comment?

I hope it was just as simple as Cassie texting her mom, and then Cassie texting HS. But not sure I'm feeling it's that simple today. :(

Good reminder, Gig. Gives me the chance to remind that texts, phone calls, emails, etc are device to device specific. So we have no idea of *who* was actually sending or receiving. Just of the device sending or receiving.

And the device(s)....we have no clarification on that at all, as far as I can tell. Maybe we have a techie here who could comment?

I hope it was just as simple as Cassie texting her mom, and then Cassie texting HS. But not sure I'm feeling it's that simple today. :(

BBM
~ Not a techie but I do believe that the cell record from the carrier would show the *who* in the form of a cell number either outgoing or incoming.
Whether it is a text or voice is retained by most carriers, however Text "content' is not, by most carriers, I think, so in that case the specific device would be the only source for 'content'. The specific device would also be the only source for pictures, videos or web data browsed, etc..

This document is a reference I have used to get some understanding of how that works and shows how the major individual carriers handle data. I am open to any tech. people who can shed some light.
https://www.aclu.org/cell-phone-loc...ponse-cell-phone-company-data-retention-chart

ETA; I meant to sat that by *who* I understand you were referring to who is actually pressing the buttons, lol, sorry it was not clear.

:cow:

Nope, totally clear. :) Thank you for explaining.
I think the sourcing of those texts must have been from a device.
Cassie's phone went missing with her and has not been recovered. So that eliminates that potential source.

What device(s) were those texts sourced from? And received by? Because imvho it's possible they were one and the same. It's also possible someone other than the owner of any device might have been pushing the buttons.

Should have added the shared component. Or the uploaded/downloaded components. But those all have timestamps and geo stamps, even if set incorrectly.
So the source of those texts MUST have came from a device, yes?

And where the heck are they now? (Those possible devices, I mean.)

Nope, totally clear. :) Thank you for explaining.
I think the sourcing of those texts must have been from a device.
Cassie's phone went missing with her and has not been recovered. So that eliminates that potential source.

What device(s) were those texts sourced from? And received by? Because imvho it's possible they were one and the same. It's also possible someone other than the owner of any device might have been pushing the buttons.

Big Brain Burp right there.

If we don't have Cassie's phone how is it we have those one sided texts from just her? Posted in MSM and here? What was the source?

Why do we not have JC's replies / sends as well?

:cow:

The million dollar question, Steleheart....that is the million dollar question about those alleged texts.

I'm sure LE has them, and isn't sharing. I'm also thinking that JC and BR were implicated after their phones were seized because of those messages and/or possibly other messages.

Imagine if JC deleted HER texts but only kept Cassie's. Wouldn't that be a red flag!

I think it is JC'S friend that provided the one-sided conversation, and as far as we know it could have been 100% made up to explain a theory, or the only available last texts. Sure makes you go hmmmmmm.

Just clarifying, Gig- you're sure LE has the devices? As in, has them entered into evidence somewhere? And if so, which devices might we be talking about here?

ETA: and which LE agency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member