GUILTY AR - Dawna Natzke, 46, Hot Springs Village, 21 Dec 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sickening to hear on NG these two defense lawyers both saying they would advise him ( boyfriend) not to speak to police at all...just sickening.

Sickening to hear on NG these two defense lawyers both saying they would advise him ( boyfriend) not to speak to police at all...just sickening.

I'm hearing that also, but honestly, until they find some type of evidence in the burned out car, or find evidence on Dawna's body, he's not a suspect, sickening as it is.

I'm hearing that also, but honestly, until they find some type of evidence in the burned out car, or find evidence on Dawna's body, he's not a suspect, sickening as it is.

Well if he is not a suspect, no reason not to cooperate about the murder of your girlfriend. I am sure other people who were close to her are talking with police. JMO

BBM. LE doesn't need any of this to be suspicious.

RIP, Dawna :(

It sounds obvious enough what happened in this case, imho. Surely they'll have enough evidence to do something about this one. If not, it sounds like it'd be out of a sort of negligence. I hope they do some mighty tough interviews. How hard could it be, with the facts we all know already?

To be fair, the burning of the car is possibly really bad for evidence, but I'm sure if they are clever, justice will be served.

Oh, and I'm 41 and 28 doesn't sound the least bit icky, lol. I expect a man of 28 to be a fully matured man, plain and simple. Any I'd date, anyway. It's not too young at all, so I expect that it will stay old enough as I age. I could fall in love with a nice, mature man of 28, I think. Why not? I'm not hung up on what the Joneses think of my behavior, so you always have to factor that sort of attitude in :) I'm responsible, too! I hate the term cougar, because I just prefer to not worry about age past certain ages; grown adults can all be grown adults, say I :D I date men older than me, too, as you might expect.

I don't think he was a good choice at all, but his age is the least of my concerns :(

Hot Springs Village POA Board met today, with prayerful mention of Dawna, family and volunteers. Video is available on You Tube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po5wRuSarks&feature=channel_video_title..

Hot Springs Village Voice has two articles in yesterday's paper, including a GREAT interview by Jeff Meek with Patty Hathaway.
http://www.hsvvoice.com/news/2012-0...recalls_events_prior_to_Saturdays_search.html

Key relatively new info include:

"....12/21 -- Re party, "Hathaway said the party was not unusual. 'It was a very nice quiet party, nobody was drunk. It was pleasant. There are a lot of rumors flying around, like Dawna was drunk at the party. Dawna was not drunk at this party..
.. it was a housewarming/ Christmas-like party, not wild and crazy.

..Between 10:30 and 11 p.m. Hathaway noticed Natzke and Duck walk out of the party. “It looked to me like he wanted to walk out the door and she didn’t,” Hathaway said of their departure.

Hathaway and her BF left around 11:15 p.m. Natzke’s mother remained at the party at that time.

B4 leaving, Hathaway and Mrs. Smith spoke, wondering where Natzke might have gone.

Hathaway’s BF dropped her off for the night.

Just before 8 a.m. the following morning, Hathaway texted Natzke. She got a reply at 9:37 a.m. that made her feel as if something was wrong.

She tried several times, w/o luck to contact Dawna, and called several mutual friends seeking any information on Natzke, receiving none.

12/23 Hathaway arose at 6 a.m. and called the HSV PD to see if Natzke had come in to work. She had not.

pm -- Hathaway called Duck and asked what was going on. She said Duck replied he didn’t know. “He was actually crying or what sounded like crying,” said Hathaway of the conversation.

During the day she continued calls to Natzke with no success.

At this point Hathaway became somewhat fearful and decided to stay at a friend’s place rather than her own. “I knew something was wrong,” she said. Her feeling was that if something happened to Natzke, as close as they were, maybe something could happen to her as well.

12/24, Christmas Eve she kept busy, spent time with friends and learned that Natzke’s burned out car had been found. On Christmas Day nothing new took place.

On Monday, Dec. 26 Hathaway and friends were organizing for a search, but were advised “by others” not to do so.

Instead, they all met up at Patsy’s Bar and Grill to watch the news reports and reminisce about their missing friend.

Also on this day Hathaway did an interview with television reporters.

12/27 PH did second interview and received a call from Duck who was not pleased with the media coverage. “I said I’m sorry,” said Hathaway. She said she did not know where Duck was at the time of the call.

12/28 -- HSV Police Officer Nichols interviewed PH. PH said Natzke had always spoken highly of Nichols and so she, Hathaway, was comfortable during the questioning..."

..cross by the pond.

dawnacrossbythepond.jpg

--image credit:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-f ... 0496259146
--Justice for Dawna Natzke--

The Garland County Sheriff's Office says they have a person of interest in the murder of a police dispatcher and mother of 3 whose body was found in the woods on New Year's Eve.

Lt. Corky Martin says the Sheriff Department is still awaiting autopsy results but they do have enough information to announce they are investigating the death of Dawna Natzke as a homicide and they do have someone they consider a person of interest, although they are not releasing any names.
http://www.katv.com/story/16454927/investigators-have-person-of-interest-in-dawna-natzke-murder

Patty releases text message response she received ..

APNewsBreak: Slain Ark. police dispatcher’s friend describes text from woman’s cellphone

By Associated Press, Updated: Thursday, January 5, 5:06 PM

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A friend of a police dispatcher whose body was found in an Arkansas forest last weekend told The Associated Press Thursday that she believes someone else sent a text message from the slain woman’s cellphone the morning after she was last seen.

Patty Hathaway said she texted her friend Dawna Natzke the morning after a Dec. 21 Christmas party that Natzke left abruptly. Hathaway said she told her friend that she wasn’t pleased with how Natzke’s boyfriend “pushed” her out the door.

Nearly two hours later, Hathaway received a text from Natzke’s phone, saying: “He didn’t push me i fell and he caught me. I had taken a pain pill and was tour up”

Hathaway, who described the text to the AP, said she doesn’t believe that message came from Natzke.

“I know she knows how to spell,” she said in a telephone interview.

Authorities have a person of interest in 46-year-old Natzke’s death, but wouldn’t say Thursday who it is. No one has been arrested.

Natzke was last seen leaving a holiday party in the gated community of Hot Springs Village with her 28-year-old boyfriend, Kevin Duck. Duck told detectives the couple returned to her home in Hot Springs Village that night and that she wasn’t there when he awoke the next morning. Natzke wasn’t reported missing until Dec. 23, when she failed to show up for work in the gated community.

Volunteer searchers found Natzke’s body Dec. 31 in a remote part of the woods about five miles from where Natzke’s burned-out station wagon turned up in Ouachita National Forest.

Duck didn’t return a phone message left Thursday at his mother’s home. His cellphone number, which went to a voicemail on Dec. 30, had been disconnected by New Year’s Eve. It was still disconnected Thursday.

Natzke, 46, had recently separated from her husband.

Patty releases text message response she received ..

APNewsBreak: Slain Ark. police dispatcher’s friend describes text from woman’s cellphone

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — A friend of a police dispatcher whose body was found in an Arkansas forest last weekend told The Associated Press Thursday that she believes someone else sent a text message from the slain woman’s cellphone the morning after she was last seen.

Patty Hathaway said she texted her friend Dawna Natzke the morning after a Dec. 21 Christmas party that Natzke left abruptly. Hathaway said she told her friend that she wasn’t pleased with how Natzke’s boyfriend “pushed” her out the door.

Nearly two hours later, Hathaway received a text from Natzke’s phone, saying: “He didn’t push me i fell and he caught me. I had taken a pain pill and was tour up”

Hathaway, who described the text to the AP, said she doesn’t believe that message came from Natzke.

“I know she knows how to spell,” she said in a telephone interview.

Authorities have a person of interest in 46-year-old Natzke’s death, but wouldn’t say Thursday who it is. No one has been arrested.

Natzke was last seen leaving a holiday party in the gated community of Hot Springs Village with her 28-year-old boyfriend, Kevin Duck. Duck told detectives the couple returned to her home in Hot Springs Village that night and that she wasn’t there when he awoke the next morning. Natzke wasn’t reported missing until Dec. 23, when she failed to show up for work in the gated community.

Volunteer searchers found Natzke’s body Dec. 31 in a remote part of the woods about five miles from where Natzke’s burned-out station wagon turned up in Ouachita National Forest.

Duck didn’t return a phone message left Thursday at his mother’s home. His cellphone number, which went to a voicemail on Dec. 30, had been disconnected by New Year’s Eve. It was still disconnected Thursday.

Natzke, 46, had recently separated from her husband.
RBBM
In the olden days, a history of misspelling a word like this would go far in convicting someone. Let's hope there are tons of instances where the perp used this spelling.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/apnewsbreak-slain-ark-police-dispatchers-friend-describes-text-from-womans-cellphone/2012/01/05/gIQA6CkSdP_story.html

“He didn’t push me i fell and he caught me. I had taken a pain pill and was tour up?
"

What was the person trying to say?:waitasec:

“He didn’t push me i fell and he caught me. I had taken a pain pill and was tour up?
"

What was the person trying to say?:waitasec:

I would ASSume he meant "tore" up. I'm wondering though, just to play devil's advocate, perhaps autocorrect changed it??

I would ASSume he meant "tore" up. I'm wondering though, just to play devil's advocate, perhaps autocorrect changed it??

That's possible. Sigh. Modern technology. Such a help, and then such a hindrance. Of course it depends on the phone. Mine does not autocorrect.

Mine doesn't either. It offers suggestions to words that aren't in its dictionary, but never corrects words automatically. I think the general absence of good grammar and proper capitalization could also be what she (the friend) refers to besides just the misspelling. I just hope they get the person who took Dawna away from her children. :(

The need to send such a message at all marks it as having been sent by someone attempting to cover up something.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back