Armchair Psych discussion of Jodi Arias

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I find myself analyzing Travis' behavior for two reasons. One..JA deserves a fair trial and she has raised issues about his character. This might be painful, untrue and unfair..but it does deserve attention. Second, he has been made out to be a saint. When any person is portrayed that way I have trouble buying it. Becuase no one is that perfect. And there is such clear information that he was not all that his friends say he was. I just can't buy that this man, at age 30, went from being a virgin and so sexually pure, that he never even masturbated before Jodi... to someone so comfortable with the sexting, fanaties ect. Something is really off here. And I don't buy he came out of that background, then raised in a very strict religion and he has no relationship or emotional issues??I don't see him as a poor, innocent man who was seduced and manipulated. He was using her, and knew completely what he was doing. Now that does not mean in anyway thatI feel he is not a victim, or in any way responsible for his death. It means that in understanding what happened here, I want to look at all the pieces.

I have 2 sons and I couldn't begin to say what goes on in their heads regarding sex. I can't even say what's going on in mine half the time. :innocent:

At the very least Jodi is a narcissist.

We can sit here and say that she was too fast (skanky) and much too wild as far as sex goes. And that Travis may have wanted a woman who was a virgin, who in his mind was "wife material".

This is where some introspection by Jodi herself may have avoided this whole tragedy.

However, she isn't capable of that. The funny thing about narcissists, (and I'm speaking from my own personal experience),is that they have great insecurities within themselves, but will never admit it. They never admit feeling jealous, etc. They create there own reality.

She didn't learn from her relationship with TA, she went and did the same thing with Ryan Burns.

Hope I made sense here, can't put into words exactly what I'm thinking.

IMHO

At the very least Jodi is a narcissist.

We can sit here and say that she was too fast (skanky) and much too wild as far as sex goes. And that Travis may have wanted a woman who was a virgin, who in his mind was "wife material".

This is where some introspection by Jodi herself may have avoided this whole tragedy.

However, she isn't capable of that. The funny thing about narcissists, (and I'm speaking from my own personal experience),is that they have great insecurities within themselves, but will never admit it. They never admit feeling jealous, etc. They create there own reality.

She didn't learn from her relationship with TA, she went and did the same thing with Ryan Burns.

Hope I made sense here, can't put into words exactly what I'm thinking.

IMHO
Yes, you make a great deal of sense. I have found this to be true of a Narcissist within my own family. The refusal to admit their fears, jealousies, shortcomings is what leads them to try and control everything - as you say, make their own reality.

I am reading this thread is a psyche discussion on JA however I have been trying to find just a plain discussion thread and am finding only locked threads.

I suppose what I have to say is partly psyche related as in the diagnosis that A. Laviolette has made following talking to Jodi on the phone and studying the case history as well as getting her hands on the e-mail that Jodi apparently received from Chris and Sky Hughes whereby they warned Jodi that Travis has abused woman before. I believe these were the same two people whose house Jodi and Travis met at during the beginning of their relationship as a halfway meeting point when Jodi lived in Yreka. I clearly remember that Sky warned Travis about her feelings about Jodi when they thought Jodi had gone to bed with a headache and instead she was listening outside the door. Sky had indicated in an interview that the look on Jodi's face was quite scary. That is when Sky and Chris told Travis he was not allowed to bring Jodi there again. So how is it that Jodi has an e-mail from them warning her about Travis, and that e-mail is the very one that LaViolette diagnosed Travis on with being an abuser? Either LaViolette has not seen the copy of the e-mail or hasn't understood that Jodi could have erased and typed anything she wanted on there, or what kind of game are they playing here? During the interview they certainly did not see Jodi as a victim imo.

I agree they used each other but people can only be used if they allow it imo. I don't think Travis has done anything different than most young men playing the field and by the sounds of it, Jodi was into unusual sex before meeting Travis. If she had a worthless feeling, that showed in her 4 yr relationship with the previous man she had lived with imo, b/c she did say she had breast augmentation to fit in with his group of friends. If that is what it takes to fit in, well that speaks to low self esteem right there imo. Yet Travis is being blamed for causing her low self esteem to the point she snapped and killed her abuser. I don't believe anything coming out of Jodi's mouth and Travis can't speak up anymore.
I'm not a violent person and don't wish death on anyone but I do think Jodi deserves jail for the rest of her natural life.

I think this thread is open:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201318&page=26

oh my gawd yes this is what i want to know also...
how is it that Jodi has an e-mail from the Hughes warning her about Travis, and that e-mail is the very one that LaViolette diagnosed Travis on with being an abuser- ?-seeing as the Hughes are the ones who told Travis they did not like Jodi and don't bring her to our home anymore...?? I asked this on another thread and never got an answer.

hell YES Jodi has had low self esteem from way before she met Travis. she was an empty shell of a person with no identity and a parasitic lifestyle. she did not feel lovable or adequate. she *advertiser censored*-jumped from one man to the next man. she never lived on her own and supported herself on her own. she was a high school dropout. the only thing she felt she had to offer was her sexuality.

by the way i think Jodi was living in Palm Desert and would meet Travis at the Hughes home in Murietta Calif. [??]. Travis would come from AZ to Calif.
Then they "broke up" and Jodi moved to AZ. It wasn't until April of 2008 that she moved back to Yreka.

I read the above article...it's a very good read. Like I said earlier...at the very least JA is a narcissist. Lately, my own personal opinion is that she is a psychopath or has ASPD
But I also see those narcissistic traits come out in her now and then.
Can these personality disorders combine or overlap?

I read the above article...it's a very good read. Like I said earlier...at the very least JA is a narcissist. Lately, my own personal opinion is that she is a psychopath or has ASPD
But I also see those narcissistic traits come out in her now and then.
Can these personality disorders combine or overlap?

Narcissism and ASPD often go hand in hand. Some say that ASPD is inflated narcissism or that it is a trait of ASPD. She is definitely VERY narcissistic.

I think this thread is open:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201318&page=26

oh my gawd yes this is what i want to know also...
how is it that Jodi has an e-mail from the Hughes warning her about Travis, and that e-mail is the very one that LaViolette diagnosed Travis on with being an abuser- ?-seeing as the Hughes are the ones who told Travis they did not like Jodi and don't bring her to our home anymore...?? I asked this on another thread and never got an answer.

hell YES Jodi has had low self esteem from way before she met Travis. she was an empty shell of a person with no identity and a parasitic lifestyle. she did not feel lovable or adequate. she *advertiser censored*-jumped from one man to the next man. she never lived on her own and supported herself on her own. she was a high school dropout. the only thing she felt she had to offer was her sexuality.

by the way i think Jodi was living in Palm Desert and would meet Travis at the Hughes home in Murietta Calif. [??]. Travis would come from AZ to Calif.
Then they "broke up" and Jodi moved to AZ. It wasn't until April of 2008 that she moved back to Yreka.

Thank you.

Re: Jodi ... she was in touch with some of TA's friends and may have e-mailed the Hughes. I do recall some saying she said a lot of personal things that made them uncomfortable. I could see her wanting to e-mail and then keeping their mail for her devious games, changing the wording etc and the headers still remain from Hughes.
Thank you for your synopsis also and that would seem to me that perhaps Jodi is telling the truth now about abuse at home. How you say she lived and what she did seems spot on.
I truly hope Mr. Martinez remembers the Hughes interview when he cross examines.

What angers me about Jodi is that cases like this give the impression of *advertiser censored* shaming towards women. Travis isn't doing so much of the public *advertiser censored* shaming- rather she and her DT are. Going on the stand and crying victim, but recording a sex tape without his knowledge, introducing the guy to ky and then making false accusations of abuse and rape - but then telling the prosecutor that some of the sex was good in a flippant tone looks horrendous. It takes away from women being able to own their sexuality and it makes people question future abuse victims. Travis Alexander's own manhood and life and rep were taken from her. Jodi Arias is disgusting. That makes me angry at her- lack of conscience.

In my humble opinion, JA's defense team is completely missing the boat. I would not be arguing self-defense, I would not be arguing battered woman, domestic abuse OR SEXUAL AMNESIA....

Nope, I would stand up and clearly state she has 'Confabulation'. Or False confession syndrome.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7950613.stm

My belief is that it would be just enough to make this jury lack 'Beyond a reasonable doubt'.

In my humble opinion, JA's defense team is completely missing the boat. I would not be arguing self-defense, I would not be arguing battered woman, domestic abuse OR SEXUAL AMNESIA....

Nope, I would stand up and clearly state she has 'Confabulation'. Or False confession syndrome.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7950613.stm

My belief is that it would be just enough to make this jury lack 'Beyond a reasonable doubt'.

False confession? Did she confess?
Let's not forget all the evidence... the bloody palm print, the photos.

Has there been proof that she took the photos? Other than her saying she did?

Define confession. Is saying in court that you did something a confession? She's done that am I right?

Has the palm print been matched to her and if so does that prove she killed him or was she just there and so overwhelmed by the enormity of the fact that the one man she devoted her life to, changed her hair for and converted her RELIGION to be with,was dead when she arrived after going to the convenience store for another tube of KY.????

The whole thing is just ridiculous.

Right, even if the defense had tried to argue a false confession (as in the Amanda Knox case), there is evidence placing her at the murder. Which is why she went from not there, to there with intruders, to I killed him in self-defense.

Her stories went with the evidence.

There are cases of false confessions but this does not appear to be one of them.

Here is what I have a hard time wrapping my head around. JA had no previous history of being O/C with other relationships rage, stalking. With the exception of TA's friends..no one has put forth that she was "evil" and you could tell. All the accusations about slashed tires,breaking into FB and accounts, came from Travis. What was it about this relationship in her eyes that made her decide to murder him? To be fair, we did not see a mass group of men from previous relationships saying she was a stalker, ect.
So once again, her relationship with Travis and what really happened here is important to me. Becuase at the end of the day, she might have done everything she is accused( which I do beleive)but I still can't get the why for sure.

I had a chance to watch the police interrogation tapes a few days ago. There was one segment in which the focus was on the relationship..not the murder. It was fasinating. First JA comes off completely likeable and very sane. I'm not talking about if she is lying..I am talking about her style, affect.I can see how any guy would really like her. But there was one line she said that I thought"no way." She and the detective were talking about how TA thought he had found the "one" in Mimi. And JA says," And I was happy for him." I can't imagine that JA who claimed in her journal that she loved him so much would be happy for him. No woman who loves a man and has been rejected is "happy" when that guy finds his true love and it's not you. That's a place you get to years later when you are over the hurt and you no longer care. But what got me was the comment sounded so sincere, mature and rational. AND that is what is so frightening about psychopaths. They have the mimicing of emotions down pat and they can sound so beleivible.

I had a chance to watch the police interrogation tapes a few days ago. There was one segment in which the focus was on the relationship..not the murder. It was fasinating. First JA comes off completely likeable and very sane. I'm not talking about if she is lying..I am talking about her style, affect.I can see how any guy would really like her. But there was one line she said that I thought"no way." She and the detective were talking about how TA thought he had found the "one" in Mimi. And JA says," And I was happy for him." I can't imagine that JA who claimed in her journal that she loved him so much would be happy for him. No woman who loves a man and has been rejected is "happy" when that guy finds his true love and it's not you. That's a place you get to years later when you are over the hurt and you no longer care. But what got me was the comment sounded so sincere, mature and rational. AND that is what is so frightening about psychopaths. They have the mimicing of emotions down pat and they can sound so beleivible.

Yes, this is so true.

I think what changes in JA's personality is that she realizes she's caught and she can't get out of it. Anger management and ownership could be something she may want to work on. I don't see a parole board releasing her anytime soon. If so, lock up your brothers, sons, and any male you know. She'll kill again, she creeps me out. Especially, the "I smiled in my mug shot because I was thinking of Travis." What, per se, were you thinking of Travis at that moment? How you killed him and dumped him like a wet towel? Chilling. I just want justice for Travis and his family. I hope that people take away from this that boundaries are great things, healthy adult sexual relationships are okay- not weapons, and gender doesn't matter if you're a killer you deserve punishment.

Here is what I have a hard time wrapping my head around. JA had no previous history of being O/C with other relationships rage, stalking. With the exception of TA's friends..no one has put forth that she was "evil" and you could tell. All the accusations about slashed tires,breaking into FB and accounts, came from Travis. What was it about this relationship in her eyes that made her decide to murder him? To be fair, we did not see a mass group of men from previous relationships saying she was a stalker, ect.
So once again, her relationship with Travis and what really happened here is important to me. Becuase at the end of the day, she might have done everything she is accused( which I do beleive)but I still can't get the why for sure.

right-we haven't seen stalking/obsession to the extent she did those with Travis in her prior relationships. but there was plenty of trouble in her prior relations with men.

I think Jodi has had low self esteem from way before she met Travis. I see her as an empty shell of a person with no identity and a parasitic lifestyle. how does a woman feel lovable or adequate if she gets to age 27 and she has a string of broken relationships behind her, is a h.s. dropout, is not able to support herself, has strained relations with family & has no close women friends-? the only thing she felt she had to offer was her sexuality.
when Travis tells her to stay away, she keeps coming around. Most normal people have too much respect for themselves to keep going back where they are not wanted or welcome...over & over & over again! Normal people with good self esteem/respect do not invade other's privacy, break into other's homes, hack into cell phones, email, steal journals, slash tires, send threatening letters etc.

one of her many manipulative behaviors is to “come on” to any male in contact with her like she did with Det. Flores, in those police interviews and as some of Travis' friends have stated. manipulating men with sex is a power base for her.

did you read what ShadyLadySleuth posted:

"She has met the man of her dreams, who could have given her the "rock star" life she wanted. She tried so hard to be the "one" he chose. After all she did to please him, kinky sex, etc., be the perfect girlfriend for him, she finally realized she would never be his wife. This crushed her ego but she pretended all was well with her. She moved back to where she came from - a tiny town nobody ever heard of - back to her grandparents little house, without many prospects job wise or man wise. To me, that would feel like failure. Back home with my tail between my legs, 27 years old, not married, and no job. Back living with Grandma and Grandpa. A failure! But Jodi is a different kind of woman. She won't admit any of this was her fault. She turns it all around, in her mind, and blames everyone else! It was Travis fault! His friends rejected me! She gets so angry and resentful and broods about it obsessively. She has to make him pay for her pain! For her failures. With his life."

I think the 'why" is she got to a place of rage/anger and she felt a need to extract a kind of vengeance that would be justified for the wrongs she believed were done against against her. mostly rejection. Dr Drew's one stalking expert guest said Jodi is a "jealous" stalker.
This kind of stalker - apparently there are different kinds of stalkers- can easily end up murdering the person they are obsessively stalking. [ If I recall correctly ]

I wonder if this would be a totally different trial if not for the pictures. Would her defense still be "I wasn't there" ? Thinking she could explain away why her hair, palm print and even her blood was there. There would be no talk of his "issues" because after all she just wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper