ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone else was to be arrested would detective Ainsworth be gone to get someone else for questioning?? Or would the police have to do that if it was the case??

I believe he went and met the Dickies and will be in for a long night.

RIP Allison and bless your precious little girls.

If, as has been suggested a known criminal was the accomplice, and if money was the motive, who and what does GBC owe money to or for.

I remember someone suggesting something like this very early on and many of us throwing it away as fanciful, but now I wonder. I am your every day average person and I don't know any criminals and nor would I know how to contact any, but obviously GBC did. I wonder who he has been meeting and planning with? $900000 is a lot of money, the premiums must have been enormous. I wonder who made him take the policy out - this is just getting more and more intriguing.

Those poor little girls will never regain what they have lost, at least they won't have to watch any more arguments between mum and dad.

life insurance itself isn't very expensive other forms of insurance like critical illness etc are much more pricey......I doubt anyone made him take it out.

It is my own opinion that with GBC being arrested for the murder of Allison and his intention to defend the charge vigorously, one would think that any accomplice will be 'hoping vigorously' that GBC doesn't change his mind. Having, for the last 8 weeks, received so much support from his family, he would be feeling 'a little bit alone' now, so may very well start to feel he would like some company to share the murder charge; and rightly so! Tomorrow is another day, so a bad night's sleep may help him to 'see reason'.

A very viable possibility and an often used ploy used to seperate partners in crime and play them off each other.Try to motivate one party to supergrass with or without offers of immunity.

Don't drink it all because, I bet he takes some of his mates with him.
This will just be the beginning. One at a time.....:jail:
Would not like to guess because there are too many variables and possibilitys......

So glad the Dickies have the children in their care. What a mess.:please:

Save the fireworks and bubbly.... More to come.

... We are all entitled to an opinion and I have never done anything but just that ...

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

If you are going to keep going on with these quotes I am going to need some more booze please lol

What I think is really quite sad is seeing all this argy bargy happening on here tonight.

Can't everyone just agree on the fact that an arrest in this case is what EVERYONE wanted...police, Allison's parents & friends, the wider community & online communities??

Those asking about bail they probably mean he didn't get bail today. I just went back through news reports and in some of them it says

Mr Mahony said Mr Baden-Clay had instructed him to make an urgent bail application.

Accused murderers cannot apply for bail in the magistrates court so Mr Mahony will have to go to the Supreme Court.

However, a Supreme Court bail application cannot be heard until at least 48 hours after it is filed so Mr Baden-Clay is likely to remain behind bars until at least early next week.

Yes, this has been raised a few times previously here but not in Msm.

Oh sorry....I havnt read all the posts of late....too many to read.

So has it been found to be tru? Why would he have been sitting there I wonder?

weird:what:

Oh sorry....I havnt read all the posts of late....too many to read.

So has it been found to be tru? Why would he have been sitting there I wonder?

weird:what:

No, not found to be true but one poster said that it was a friend of theirs that saw him and they knew NBC personally so they were sure that it was him.

There's a couple of things I find interesting.

The lawyer said his client intends to defend against the charges, which to me is not the same thing as proclaiming innocence. I wonder if he will claim to be innocent.

The charge is murder not manslaughter. Does that suggest the police believe there was some degree of intent and/or premeditation and/or unreasonable conduct on his behalf that lead to her death? If they thought it was accidental wouldn't the charge have been manslaughter instead?

I wonder if he will face other charges for tampering with a deceased persons body, perverting the course of justice, withholding knowledge of where she was while wasting the searcher's time.

Even if it was manslaughter and not murder, the fact that he(If guilty) attempted to conceal it by a) not telling Police what happened in the first place- but making up a story and going along with the charade. B) disposed of her body in such a manner..means he would be charged with a whole other raft of charges relating to Allisons death, not just manslaughter. However they are going the whole hog of murder so me thinks its more than that. IMO

I don't think that there's one person here who is 'celebrating' that isn't feeling bad for the girls and Allison's family and friends. I think the celebration is just because the alledged killer has been caught. If he killed her then he needs to be arrested and jailed. It is very sad that the girls will have now lost their father too, but NONE of this would have happened if it wasn't for him.

The ones here celebrating are also reflecting , I'm sure. :)

Well said Linette, thank you. :thumb:

If the majority think the way I do, and have a moral conscience....

June 13, 2012 - 9:22PM

Police have charged the husband of slain Brisbane mother Allison Baden-Clay with murder.

Shortly before 6.30pm, Gerard Baden-Clay was driven from Indooroopilly station in an unmarked police car. He was formally charged with murder at the Brisbane watchhouse tonight.

It is understood Mr Baden-Clay was arrested at his real estate office in Toowong Tower about 3pm. His three daughters, aged five, eight and 10, were taken to Ferny Grove police station where they were collected by Mrs Baden-Clay's parents, Priscilla and Geoff Dickie, who traveled up from the Gold Coast.

It is understood Mr Baden-Clay had refused to provide police with a formal statement until now.

It will be eight weeks tomorrow since Mrs Baden-Clay disappeared.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz1xgC6wjby

What I think is really quite sad is seeing all this argy bargy happening on here tonight.

Can't everyone just agree on the fact that an arrest in this case is what EVERYONE wanted...police, Allison's parents & friends, the wider community & online communities??

agreed MW, its just a bit beyond the pale listening to certain people saying 'its not about the kids'! you would have to be off your rocker to think that this has nothing to do with the kids. dad kills mum, dads goes to jail = extremely vulnerable and distraught little souls...
just very poor taste for anyone to even think along those lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member