ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think it is very strange the BC seniors did not attend court. If I was the mother, I would have been there no matter what. IMO they are hiding something!

Maybe it was beneath them, they prob think he will be out in a blink anyway.

Sigh... To me this is the saddest part of all. I just cannot fathom what that would be like. The world goes on and people go on with their own lives, their own joys and worries, but those 3 girls will live the acuteness of this nightmare for a long time yet. It's early days and no doubt overwhelming, but as time goes on the reality and the painful ache sets in.

It's hard enough and soul wrenching for a child to lose either one or both parents through accident or sickness, but to lose them both like this? I honestly hope that each little girl comes to terms in a way where they can find their own individual sense of inner peace.

Nothing can ever be the same again for them. That's gone. At least they are loved and no doubt will be well cared for but geez... I dunno... there's nothing like having your own mum and dad around (and a puppy dog or a pussy cat).

Gone............................

Thank you..That has to be one of the most unimaginable things to deal with..the fact your mother was killed, but then to be hit with a double whammy of your father being charged with her murder. I know it was mentioned some of the trust money will be going towards ongoing counselling and I think that is very appropriate.

Would there be any reason why his parents would be banned from seeing him? Also i can't understand why they won't let the kids in unless it's because it's too much for them. When my brother was in jail his ex used to take his kids in twice a week

Angel1, From my understanding you have to be approved before you are allowed to visit a prisoner and when he was at Indooroopilly he would have been at the beginning of that process of becoming a prisoner. I think that prisoner's are allowed to make a list of a limited number of people who they are allowed to have visit them or whom the prisoner is allowed to ring (time limited calls). Before they are allowed visitors or phone calls, this list of people needs to be screened by the prison authority for approval. The process of approval may take a few days. Regarding children visiting parents, I believe that it depends on what offence the prisoner is serving time for. If the prisoner is approved there may be designated times that children can visit a prison...different to normal visiting hours. One of my friends volunteers at a women's prison every couple of months. The volunteers bring in crafts and activities for the prisoners to do with their children when they visit and the volunteers help them to do these activities together. I don't believe that they have such programs in men's prisons. I have visited a prison. It is very intimidating...you have to go through an incredible screening process and you almost feel like you are a prisoner yourself. It really is not a nice environment......especially for children. Obviously this is all just my opinion.

He was allowed to phone his lawyer, Darren Mahony, who was on the Gold Coast but it's understood when his parents, Nigel and Elaine, arrived demanding to see their son, they weren't allowed.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...aden-clay-arrest/story-e6freoof-1226397139787

i am not surprised i remember reading yesterday (sorry can't find link) that they refuse visitors in the early days to give the person time to "settle in".

That was for jail. This was at the police station where he was being questionned.

This article also states: "It's understood there won't be any further arrests"

Thanks CaseClosed. Yep, "it's understood" by the journo at the time of writing and let's face it, when asked about further arrests are the police really going to say, "Well yes, we have two more suspects that will be arrested on Monday."? Nup, don't think so.

IMO someone has rolled and they won't be identifed until this case goes to court and secondly, there is every chance that there will be further arrests.

BBM:

MOO.

Thanks CaseClosed. Yep, "it's understood" by the journo at the time of writing and let's face it, when asked about further arrests are the police really going to say, "Well yes, we have two more suspects that will be arrested on Monday."? Nup, don't think so.

IMO someone has rolled and they won't be identifed until this case goes to court and secondly, there is every chance that there will be further arrests.

BBM:

MOO.

Agreed, as far as the media are concerned they understand that, because they know nothing more at this stage... I think there is more to come, but I guess time will tell.

BBM:

MOO.

I also agree with that assessment.

If the press (presumably) want to help the police out and not divulge all the information they know re: the case, then they have three ways of discussing this matter:

a) "Yes, the police plan on arresting Papa Bear as soon as they have enough proof that he was involved";

b) "There will definitely be no further arrests"; or

c) "It is understood that there will be no further arrests".

Obviously, option "C" is the way to go if they want to keep the police force's future plans under wraps.

Up until he was taken in by the police and charged, GBC had said nothing to the police other than the initial report that ABC was missing.

Of course we don't know what, if anything, he said to the police when he was arrested and questioned. If he did answer any questions with anything other than "no comment", it is possible that police are trying to verify statements he made about his activities on 18 April.

If the police believe that there was premeditation and intent to murder ABC, they might be attempting to prove that GBC's movements and actions on 18 April were linked in some way to the murder. JMO.

Maybe it was beneath them, they prob think he will be out in a blink anyway.
Or possibly they can't cope too well with the idea that their son is in jail. It would be pretty hard to look anyone in the face knowing that everyone would be whispering and pointing you out with cameras flashing and possibly journalists asking for a comment especially since this is such a high profile case.

Assuming innocence on their part... Putting myself in that position... I mean this in a humbling way and not as an arrogance, but I wouldn't be able to hold my head up I don't think. I'd feel embarrased, humilated and shocked that my own child could do something like that.

Even so... I'd still attend no matter how pained and sickened I'd feel.

The reference in the Courier Mail regarding "no further arrests" does not make sense in light of the previous interest in the two cars. Two cars means at least two people. Unless, of course, the police have determined that the white car tailing the blue car was not relevant to the case.

"For children, application would need to be made by the child's parent, or in the case of prisoner Baden-Clay, the children's legal guardian. The decision whether or not to grant the visit would be made in the context of the best interest of the child,'' a QCS spokesman said.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...aden-clay-arrest/story-e6freoof-1226397139787

Yep apparently this is the case. GBC, being the girl's legal guardian, can make an application for the children to visit. IMO this is outrageous! Doesn't he lose all rights once he is incarcerated or does that only come into play if he is convicted? Now that Allison's parents have been granted custody of the girls, doesn't GBC forfeit his rights as legal guardian?

Me thinks I need to go Google. :banghead:

I wonder if the focus-mediawise, now seems to be swinging towards the BC's..
Now I understand the media would have interest there normally anyway(son accused of murder), and if they are completely innocent I would hope their privacy would be respected. But I feel this latest article has tones of the subtle negative slant (and innuendo) that there was towards GBC before he was arrested. Do the media know more that they are having to keep quiet for now? Is someone in the BC family also implicated? Just thoughts..I am not accusing them just wondering if thats the way things are heading.

this time I am really going...:eek:fftobed:

http://http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226397139787

A little bit off topic before I head:eek:fftobed:..

"KEEPING QUIET: Elaine and Nigel Baden-Clay are not speaking to the media after Gerard Baden-Clay's arrest." the quote under the photo of BC parents..runs in the family?- keeping quiet.. didn't think they had much to say before..(just being a bit facetious, they are well within their rights I know)

Also I note the ..Baden-Clay is not required to work in prison, but will be encouraged to participate "in some type of meaningful activity''.

"If a remand prisoner chooses not to work, they must be paid an unemployment allowance this is $1.30 a week. In addition, a hygiene allowance of $9.55 is payable per week,'' QCS said.

"If employed, they are paid (depending on the job) from $2.80 to $8.45 per week.''

at least there is a steady income ;).. sorry folks:escape:

Haha good stuff.

Less money than I expected, I had no idea it was that little.

I guess if you take into account that rent and board, healthcare, medical, education, clothing etc are included then it isnt so bad.

interfering with a corpse....

what manner of 'man' is this?

Yep apparently this is the case. GBC, being the girl's legal guardian, can make an application for the children to visit. IMO this is outrageous! Doesn't he lose all rights once he is incarcerated or does that only come into play if he is convicted? Now that Allison's parents have been granted custody of the girls, doesn't GBC forfeit his rights as legal guardian?

Me thinks I need to go Google. :banghead:

I think it is disgusting too. I know wah wah innocent until proven guilty but it would not be good for the girls to have to visit his in prison.

They have been through enough, time to put them before yourself Gerard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317