ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a local, I live in Montreal and am familiar with both areas of the city he lived in. not sure if Admin bothers to verify 'locals' however.

they do if you want to be

locals can often attend the trial, give us details about the area etc.

they do if you want to be

locals can often attend the trial, give us details about the area etc.

I would love to attend the trial, but as it will likely be a three ring circus with people lining up overnight to get a seat, should they decide to open it to the public, I think I'll pass. I imagine our local paper, The Montreal Gazette, will keep us all up to date on the proceedings. Too bad we don't allow cameras in our courtroom because I would bet Court TV would LOVE to follow along!

New MSM piece from Le Nouvel Observateur (France)

"Interpol vient de révéler que le "dépeceur de Montréal" a été localisé grâce à l'opération "Infra-Red 2012", consistant à solliciter l'aide du public."

"Interpol has just revealed that the 'Montreal Cutter' was located thanks to operation 'Infra-Red 2012' which seeks to enlist the help of the public."

It says that Operation Infra Red 2012 was launched on 14th May 2012, aiming to trace more than 500 criminals in 57 countries. 'A red notice' is placed on their case, which serves as a 'request for arrest'.

It quotes Stefan Carvelo from Interpol as saying that the Magnotta case shows the vital role members of the public can play in aiding the police locate people who are on the run.

http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/vu-s...magnotta-arrete-grace-a-l-aide-du-public.html

Well done Interpol, well done members of the public :)

Good Morning!

Does Canada have the equivalent of our "TruTV", where live trials are shown?

Wonder if this one will be available on line.....

Good Morning!

No live trials on tv nor live streams. Cameras are not allowed in the courtroom. We will get tweets from the media and the only "photos" will be sketches from an appointed sketch artist.

This was one taken at the Michael Rafferty trial (as an example)

6295485.bin

I would love to attend the trial, but as it will likely be a three ring circus with people lining up overnight to get a seat, should they decide to open it to the public, I think I'll pass. I imagine our local paper, The Montreal Gazette, will keep us all up to date on the proceedings. Too bad we don't allow cameras in our courtroom because I would bet Court TV would LOVE to follow along!

I don't mind that it's not broadcast, per se, but I do wish they were allowed to take pictures. The sketches do nothing for me. Hopefully they'll be allowed to tweet like in Rafferty's trial.

No live trials on tv nor live streams. Cameras are not allowed in the courtroom. We will get tweets from the media and the only "photos" will be sketches from an appointed sketch artist.

This was one taken at the Michael Rafferty trial (as an example)

6295485.bin

You need to go ahead and get this law changed.

Kthankssomuch.

:fence:

Good Morning!

The Canadian Judicial Council is opposed to the use of cameras in the courtroom, but there have been some trials that have been filmed. I could be wrong, but I think that the Judge has the discretion to decide.

Homolka sketch during her trial in Joliette Quebec (another example)

20050603_homolka.jpg

Kthankssomuch.

I KNOW!! So frustrating following trials up here! :maddening:

Should I work on this first or the death penalty law? hmmmmm

Kthankssomuch.

Actually, I think live cameras in the courtroom open up the possibility of the lawyers grandstanding, the defendant grandstanding and all parties playing to the media rather to the Judge and Jury. I think the system is fine the way it is.

I KNOW!! So frustrating following trials up here! :maddening:

Should I work on this first or the death penalty law? hmmmmm

Being the multi-tasker that you are, you can do both at once. Just get it done before this trial starts. :fence:

;)

Actually, I think live cameras in the courtroom open up the possibility of the lawyers grandstanding, the defendant grandstanding and all parties playing to the media rather to the Judge and Jury. I think the system is fine the way it is.

That's a good point. We don't have televised trials in the UK either, I think for the same reason. I'd like to see the trial, but I understand why I can't.

What???? You think Jose Baez did some grandstanding????

:floorlaugh:

IMO, all courts should be open, but we can agree to disagree :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654