ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
L.M. writes on a grotesque right wing site that he loathes Jews and Chinese people then selects someone of Chinese descent and makes an internationally public spectacle of killing him. Then he threatens the P.M. (how exactly do we have that text?) and sends body parts to political parties and a school where the purpose is POSSIBLY to bring J. Trudeau's name into the news. It is typical of the far right to hate the government in this all-encompassing way.

I cannot think of another context where this would not be treated as a hate crime and a politically motivated crime. For example if it happened in Germany, in France? It used to be a truism that there was a link between extreme sexual deviance and perversity and fascist politics c.f. Bertolluci's The Conformist, Germany in the mid 30s etc.

And there have been articles in the National Post saying Chinese parents are becoming disinclined to send their kids to Canada, that it could affect immigration and that the Chinese press and public is treating it as a racist crime that has political meaning.

He sent the body parts to political party offices and for all we know the Casa Blanca not to Vogue Magazine or Facebook.

What if it is an actual threat to Canadian politicians for example maybe there is a text they can see in this that other cannot. Especially if L.M. or Nemo1 had a sleep-over in anyone's Ottawa flat.

IIRC, one of his charges is threatening the Prime Minister. As for hate crime against Chinese people, I agree that could have been a motive as well but if they have evidence they were lovers (I'm not saying they were) then I could see how it would be difficult to prove in court. Police seem to believe they knew each other fwiw.

I have a sense that he didn't pay his rent for many places, hence one of the reasons he moved around ALOT. I read in one article that he "used" people alot so probably mooched accommodations from many and more than likely had people feeling sorry for him and borrowed money all the time from acquaintances and when that didn't work he did what he did in T.O. which was "borrow" (used loosely) and purchased things with other people's credit cards.

I would love to know why the judge in Toronto imposed in his sentence that he was not allowed to own and use a camera, a computer, etc. Would be interesting to see what the court transcripts for that case was. Unfortunately, unlike the U.S. these are public records BUT you have to send in a request to perhaps "purchase"? this.

Yes your point about him mooching is really important and makes the whole thing about tracing him difficult. Yes your emphasis on that court order is excellent and really important. Dismissed in that case were I think 4 counts of impersonation. Eerily, several people on WS had theorized that M.M. would have gone along with a police officer willingly By the way I of course hope L.M. had no other victims and I certainly hope M.M was not his victim - I joined WS because it was clear to me that she didn't kill herself but I would give anything for her to have jumped from that bridge rather than fall into the hands of L.M. and his confederates.

I believe (could easily be wrong, though) that Munro was his last place in Toronto before moving to Montreal.

:moo:

he lived on munroe when applied at the real estate college, or atleast that was the address he provided on the application which is dated june 4th, 2010

If this is your welcome, than thank you! I don't know you and don't judge your life, so please do the same. I just found this link and shared, that's it.

Not to put words in anyone's mouth, but I'm pretty sure those comments were in reference to the blogger, not the poster.

Yes your point about him mooching is really important and makes the whole thing about tracing him difficult. Yes your emphasis on that court order is excellent and really important. Dismissed in that case were I think 4 counts of impersonation. Eerily, several people on WS had theorized that M.M. would have gone along with a police officer willingly By the way I of course hope L.M. had no other victims and I certainly hope M.M was not his victim - I joined WS because it was clear to me that she didn't kill herself but I would give anything for her to have jumped from that bridge rather than fall into the hands of L.M. and his confederates.
The 4 counts dropped were related to 4 of the items obtained by fraud, and they were dropped because he returned the items.

Someone mentioned above that he's charged with 'threatening The Prime Minister'. I'd imagine this is a very severe charge.

He'll go to prison.....NOT an insane asylum.

FWIW:
I have knowledge of two places in Ontario which house the insane -

1. The hospital in Penetanguishene - The Hospital For The Criminally Insane - I doubt he'll go there. It's for people who have no control over their mind and no control over their actions. They are heavily medicated and the place is treated like a jail - high fences, barred windows, 300 pound guards, etc.

2. CAMH in Toronto - this is more for people who are able (according to the law) to leave the facility, walk around in public, return to eat and sleep. This place is more for addicts, etc.

BTW: In case there's confusion - I know of these places because of my work......not because I've been sent to one!! :biggrin:

I have a sense that he didn't pay his rent for many places, hence one of the reasons he moved around ALOT. I read in one article that he "used" people alot so probably mooched accommodations from many and more than likely had people feeling sorry for him and borrowed money all the time from acquaintances and when that didn't work he did what he did in T.O. which was "borrow" (used loosely) and purchased things with other people's credit cards.

I would love to know why the judge in Toronto imposed in his sentence that he was not allowed to own and use a camera, a computer, etc. Would be interesting to see what the court transcripts for that case was. Unfortunately, unlike the U.S. these are public records BUT you have to send in a request to perhaps "purchase"? this.

in BC, court records are available to be purchased via an online website.. its all streamlined if your an attorney as its meant for them to have easy access to information for clients.. im not sure if ontario has anything similar in place, or if you need to make the request in person. the MSM obtained them pretty quick, but only mentions tidbits from them.. im sure they arent that hard to get, if you lived in ontario

in BC, court records are available to be purchased via an online website.. its all streamlined if your an attorney as its meant for them to have easy access to information for clients.. im not sure if ontario has anything similar in place, or if you need to make the request in person. the MSM obtained them pretty quick, but only mentions tidbits from them.. im sure they arent that hard to get, if you lived in ontario
You have to request them in person in Ontario.

Someone mentioned above that he's charged with 'threatening The Prime Minister'. I'd imagine this is a very severe charge.

He'll go to prison.....NOT an insane asylum.

FWIW:
I have knowledge of two places in Ontario which house the insane -

1. The hospital in Penetanguishene - The Hospital For The Criminally Insane - I doubt he'll go there. It's for people who have no control over their mind and no control over their actions. They are heavily medicated and the place is treated like a jail - high fences, barred windows, 300 pound guards, etc.

2. CAMH in Toronto - this is more for people who are able (according to the law) to leave the facility, walk around in public, return to eat and sleep. This place is more for addicts, etc.

BTW: In case there's confusion - I know of these places because of my work......not because I've been sent to one!! :biggrin:

4 charges

An arrest warrant for a Canadian accused of murdering an acquaintance, dismembering his body and posting a video of the gruesome crime online lists four charges besides that of firstdegree murder, according to documents posted online by CBC News on Saturday.

The documents said police also wanted to charge Luka Rocco Magnotta, 29, with indignities to a body, publishing and mailing obscene matter, and harassing Prime Minister Stephen Harper and other MPs.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/news/Magnotta+wanted+four+charges/6722077/story.html#ixzz1xsjWtcgC

We should bear in mind that these addresses were probably just bases. I do believe he did travel a lot, just not as much as he claimed to. MOO

We should bear in mind that these addresses were probably just bases. I do believe he did travel a lot, just not as much as he claimed to. MOO

yea, to me it seems he never stays in a location longer then 4-6 months..

My post was in response to a number of people on here debating LRM's different possible mental health issues and disorders... I feel it boils down to one: psychopathy (which as we know cannot be treated). Sure, he's a narcissist and maybe was abused at some point in his life, who knows, but did he know what he was doing? Yes. Did he plan Lin Jun's murder? Asbolutely. I don't have any sympathy for LRM and if he is sent to a comfy little mental institution rather than a max security prison in Canada, I'll be disgusted. That's the only point I was trying to make.

BBM

This is what worries me for my WBS family... I know we can only speculate & put forth theories about LRM's mental health at this point and truthfully - we may never be privy to the actual diagnosis.

It concerns me that many do not understand the wide ranging behaviours of psychosis. As I've mentioned previously (link below)... a mentally ill person in a psychotic state can be fully capable and have the ability to plan (pre-meditate) their actions.

They may even know it is against the law & may get into trouble however they cannot appreciate/understand they are not justified in their actions. My friend that I mentioned previously (also linked below) firmly believes he is not insane & there are people "out to get him". He becomes obsessed with tracking them down, taking copious amounts of notes, orchestrating his plan & eventually confronting them... all the while still maintaining the ability to care for himself. LRM's focus (mission) appears to be his image & desire to be famous. His enemies are those "who are trying to destroy" him...

IF LRM is found to be insane & sent to a mental institution instead of prison... I hope for the sake of my WBS family's own sanity, evidence will be shown to support a previous diagnosis in addition to new psychological testing.

I think we can all agree he is fully responsible for committing the horrible injustice to the kittens & Jun Lin and that he should be locked up indefinitely - if not, for the remainder of his life...

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

In case it is not evident in my message... I am in no way excusing LRM from his murders regardless of his actual mental health, whatever that may be.

Hang in there family. Justice will be served whether he is in prison or a mental hospital. It is unlikely he will ever be "free" outside physical walls or inside his mind.

FBM

He didnt live in Forest Hills chorley8, it was a few miles east at Munro Street.

Would appreciate if you could supply a link/source for the Munro St info jellybeanz. I've looked and can't find one. Earlier in this thread, I posted info about him having lived on Erskine Av in Toronto, and now can't find where that info originated either (still looking).

Thanks !!

ETA: Thanks to Chorley ... my Erskine Av has been answered.

I vote prison until death and then he can rot in hell.

I vote prison until death and then he can rot in hell.

Punishment is frustrating inherently sometimes it cannot match the crime no matter what punishment you were to inflict.

Can anyone point me toward a thorough breakdown/analysis of the "Python Christmas" video? I'm wondering about this one the most as it was his most recent video (Dec. 2011) before the murder. Is it true another person was featured in this video? Also, any evidence of where it was shot? And who owns that snake? Obviously not a common household pet and probably expensive to keep (something I can't imagine LM doing).

The video where the other person is present is separate to the video where the python kills the kitten. If you search google for "Python and sicko" it will be the top link. It does NOT show any animal cruelty at all, just LM petting the python whilst sitting on the bed. Someone else is recording and then the camera is given to LM while the other person pets the python.

I am unsure if this other person is present in the actually killing video because I haven't seen it (only still images). But the petting video is in the same room, same lighting, same snake and same outfit worn by LM. I am also unsure about whether it was recorded before, at the same time, or after the kitten killing.

Baudi from the For Great Justice animals group told me that they tried finding who this other person was at the time but had no luck.

<bbm>

WRT the bolded ^ ... FWIW, i believe the charges were simply personation, not impersonation of a police officer. Therefore it probably relates to him applying and receiving credit under someone else's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214