AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce (Wynarka) and mum Karlie Pearce-Stevenson (Belanglo) #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Joint Statement from SA and NSW Police on 27 October 2015 says that they are investigating whether the woman who attended the credit union is the same woman who attended Centrelink.

It also says that they know that "a man and at least two women" were responsible for financial transactions:

"...it appears that in June 2010 a woman in a wheelchair impersonating Ms Pearce-Stevenson attended Australian Central Credit Union at Elizabeth to update banking records.

In December 2010 a woman claiming to be Ms Pearce-Stevenson also attended a compulsory interview with Centrelink at Salisbury.

Detectives are investigating if it was the same woman on both occasions.

However, police know that a man and at least two women have been responsible for the financial transactions and have lived at, or been associated with, homes in Davoren Park, Hillbank, Holden Hill and Charnwood, Canberra."

Source: https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.Vjgt0CuaXwD
Do we know the holden hill link ?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The police did not say that the woman who went to Centrelink was in a wheelchair.

However, they did not say that she was not in a wheelchair.

also , makes me think of some earlier media reports reporting that HP was left a para after the 2008 car accident .
Was she left a para or an amputee ?
maybe see wore her leg to the centrelink interview , if she is only an amputee ?
IMO

With an ABN you can get countless 30 to 90 day credit off companies

Police have probably checked all the companies with bad credit under KP Exploration Drilling

Were two grey Commodore station wagons bought under ABN? Some car companies give GST ABN rebate

I wonder if someone bought a Commodore then it was stolen claimed on insurance

Oh really? It gets more interesting.

Just to make it clear, I don't think the ABN is irrelevant, I think it's a very important link between the people & assorted scams involved in this case.

What I am suggesting though is that it may be proof of nothing more than standard petty scamming, rather than an indication that a highly organised criminal syndicate has been pulling the strings.

While we're covering the financial stuff though, I've wondered a bit about those deposits from someone's wages.

I was thinking we still haven't really heard much about Khandalyce's Dad & I'm left wondering if her grandmother wasn't the only family member who had their money stolen?

The Child Support Agency make an assessment of the amount payable & the payer can either deposit funds to the payees bank account themselves, or pay it to the CSA who then pass it on.

But this isn't the only way you can pay child support. The CSA also allows "private agreements" where the payer & payee agree on an amount between themselves. They can add all sorts of "ifs" & "buts" to the agreement but I've seen quite a few where parents who just don't want to deal with the CSA (& who didn't get legal advice first) will just sign an agreement for say $100 a week until the child's 18th birthday.

Once signed nothing changes that amount without the agreement of the other party or a judge. Because it's a private agreement, once it's accepted by the CSA neither parent EVER needs to speak to the CSA again. The payer sends his money directly from his wages or own bank account to the payees account & the CSA won't hear from them again unless there's a problem.

This kind of setup could explain the wage deposits.

MOD ALERT: Do not post links to or quote from MSM articles that mention any prior offences the accused may have. If you do, your post will be removed. If it continues a time out will be issued.

Do not post screen grabs from Facebook accounts (especially those that are now set to private or have been deleted). This also includes making reference to what you may have read on a private or deleted Facebook, even if it was public at the time you read it. If it happens again a time out will be issued.

Familiarise yourselves with Websleuths' rules regarding social media.

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please thank this post so that I know you've read it.

Thank you.

While we're covering the financial stuff though, I've wondered a bit about those deposits from someone's wages.

I was thinking we still haven't really heard much about Khandalyce's Dad & I'm left wondering if her grandmother wasn't the only family member who had their money stolen?

The Child Support Agency make an assessment of the amount payable & the payer can either deposit funds to the payees bank account themselves, or pay it to the CSA who then pass it on.

But this isn't the only way you can pay child support. The CSA also allows "private agreements" where the payer & payee agree on an amount between themselves. They can add all sorts of "ifs" & "buts" to the agreement but I've seen quite a few where parents who just don't want to deal with the CSA (& who didn't get legal advice first) will just sign an agreement for say $100 a week until the child's 18th birthday.

Once signed nothing changes that amount without the agreement of the other party or a judge. Because it's a private agreement, once it's accepted by the CSA neither parent EVER needs to speak to the CSA again. The payer sends his money directly from his wages or own bank account to the payees account & the CSA won't hear from them again unless there's a problem.

This kind of setup could explain the wage deposits.

In a 'private agreement' if the monies are to be paid into accounts, the CSA strongly encourage the payer to deposit the money using their name as reference and the words 'child support'. So the receiver cannot claim to have not received the monies. (I myself had a private agreement where funds were deposited)

I'm not sure that the man and suitcase are related to this, people's memories of witnessing random strangers after a long period of time are quite unreliable.

I wouldn't discount suitcase man yet, the police have stressed that for a man to be seen in a small town of Wynarka at 7.30am is very unusual. I would have to agree...Wynarka has a population of 167 people....

Karlie's body was possibly specifically left in Belanglo to hinder identification and discovery. The suitcase with Khandalyce's remains and clothing was left in a fairly accessible spot to possibly help with discovery. Maybe someone wanted it to be found, I bet there are trillions of places where the bag could have been left undiscovered for decades. Even ( heaven forbid ) in a public garbage bin/dumpster where it would mingle with general rubbish. Sorry for creating such a horrible thought but I think the fairly obvious bag location is a message to someone somewhere.

If a part of the salary was impounded because of child support, the money ("wages") might have come from the employer of the father. A purpose of the amount is given, so one would recognize the payment as such ( eg: document number, child's name, the word "aliment").

I do think the man in his 60's is possibly important and fits in with a drug syndicate or relative of the killer(s) as he was thought to be carrying the suitcase on the Karoonda Highway and dumping it, perhaps deliberately to ensure it was found . "Police said Khandalyce's remains were originally dumped in a suitcase up to three months earlier, before somebody unknown tipped out the contents, including the child's remains, before dragging the suitcase onto the verge.

Investigators are still trying to identify a man, believed to be in his 60s, who was seen in the Wynarka area with a dark suitcase on both April 13 and May 26." and "Residents living in the handful of houses at Wynarka noticed a ‘mystery man’ carrying a suitcase on the Karoonda Highway on April 13 and May 26. The man was about 60 years old, of Caucasian appearance, average height, lightly built, clean cut and neatly dressed"

I know geo-caching has been mentioned before in the thread, but does everyone understand what it is, how popular it is & why it's relevant to the highway cairns at Wynarka?

I ask only because I had no clue myself until my kids found one shoved under a rock in a creek on our favourite beach two years ago. Up until then I'd kind of heard of it but had very little understanding of what it entailed or how popular it is.

I was quite intrigued by the kids discovery & spent a fair bit of time learning what I could. IMO a well-dressed man appearing to search for something by the roadside at Wynarka fits more with the general appearance of the geo-caching crowd than he does with the few people known to be connected to this case. I think he's less likely to be linked than "suitcase man" & the police themselves say those sightings are no longer considered to be related.

JMO etc

Not sure what we're allowed to link re geo-caches around Wynarka? There's quite a bit available online if anyone's interested though.

Karlie's body was possibly specifically left in Belanglo to hinder identification and discovery. The suitcase with Khandalyce's remains and clothing was left in a fairly accessible spot to possibly help with discovery. Maybe someone wanted it to be found, I bet there are trillions of places where the bag could have been left undiscovered for decades. Even ( heaven forbid ) in a public garbage bin/dumpster where it would mingle with general rubbish. Sorry for creating such a horrible thought but I think the fairly obvious bag location is a message to someone somewhere.

If Khandalyce had been found, nobody had recognized a connection between "Angel" from Belanglo and the suitcase in Wynarka, and if Khandalyce had been identified - who knows whether Karlie would have been blamed for the death of her daughter? Perhaps that was an idea behind? :dunno:

HP had an ABN, DH had an ABN under one of his other assumed names and she/he/they made one in Karlies name. If you are Centrelink claimants, unemployed, disability or whatever - and we know DH was from his being pulled over by the police in early 2013 and saying something about staying in a motel as he needed an address for Centrelink; why the heck do you need 3 ABNs.
Also, DH had 3 possibly more different identities. Plus the travelling all over and spending on the card in different states . There was only things like petrol, take way food or cash. No thing like say, bill payments that could identify the person doing the spending. The wages paid in could have come from another source,
i.e Not real wages but payments for something else put in as wages. All this says sophistication to me. From the Centrelink scamming to the hunting of young girls on social media, I am thinking....drugs, *advertiser censored*, film production.

The bank pin is pretty easy to get .If she trusted DH she may have asked him to get her something giving him the pin . Or he may of gone and stood next to her while she put the pin in .

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yes, I understand how in principal you can get another person's pin. I'm questioning how these particular people got her pin and what it says about the situation.

Given that she's a single mum with a little daughter, why would she give that info away voluntarily leaving herself very vulnerable? Surely he wouldn't have seemed trustworthy, especially since he was originally with HP and started seeing Karlie while HP was in hospital after her children had died. I also doubt this guy could memorize it from watching her pin it into a machine. Just wondering if there's another reason he had her pin....

In a 'private agreement' if the monies are to be paid into accounts, the CSA strongly encourage the payer to deposit the money using their name as reference and the words 'child support'. So the receiver cannot claim to have not received the monies. (I myself had a private agreement where funds were deposited)

Agreed, they do. They also advise parties to get legal advice before signing. I've seen multiple cases though where the payer has done neither & no amount of explaining the risks to them seems to have an impact.

Sometimes it's financial/legal naivete behind it, sometimes it's an extreme hatred of govt depts & some just see it as shameful/embarassing to have "child support" appearing on their bank statements where others will see it. Others do it deliberately because they don't want people in their present knowing about their past.

That wage deposit into Karlie's account could be child support & it might've been unlabelled for one of the reasons above - but for sure it could be something else altogether.

The Joint Statement from SA and NSW Police on 27 October 2015 says that they are investigating whether the woman who attended the credit union is the same woman who attended Centrelink.

It also says that they know that "a man and at least two women" were responsible for financial transactions:

"...it appears that in June 2010 a woman in a wheelchair impersonating Ms Pearce-Stevenson attended Australian Central Credit Union at Elizabeth to update banking records.

In December 2010 a woman claiming to be Ms Pearce-Stevenson also attended a compulsory interview with Centrelink at Salisbury.

Detectives are investigating if it was the same woman on both occasions.

However, police know that a man and at least two women have been responsible for the financial transactions and have lived at, or been associated with, homes in Davoren Park, Hillbank, Holden Hill and Charnwood, Canberra."

Source: https://www.police.sa.gov.au/sa-pol...l-service-area/task-force-mallee#.Vjgt0CuaXwD

Gotcha. I should've explained myself better. I think it's entirely possible that Hazel is both of the 2 women who attended appts in South Australia.

BUT

I also suspect Karlie had a female friend at the house she visited in Charnwood in 2008. & I wouldn't be at all surprised if the person who had control of Karlie's ph after her murder, was able to convince this friend to hand over Khandalyce AND make withdrawals on "Karlie's" behalf by texting this friend & impersonating Karlie.

I can see a killer using someone else to take the risk of withdrawing $$ from that stolen ATM card first. When the person they trick into using it isn't arrested, they feel safe enough to begin using it themselves.

JMO etc

I noticed Passmore was very calm during those trips to the police and speaking with her solicitors. VERY CALM. As opposed to her BF.

She did not look as unfazed yesterday as she did on Friday. Questions are likely to be hitting the nub of it all now. Tick Tock, Tick Tock.

I had similar thoughts Puggle. She had an ABN, I thinks that DH had an ABN under one of his other assumed names and she/he/they made one in Karlies name. If you are Centrelink claimants, unemployed, disability or whatever - and we know DH was from his being pulled over by the police in early 2013 and saying something about staying in a motel as he needed an address for Centrelink; why the heck do you need 3 ABNs

Not sure if it has already been mentioned. HP also has a current ABN which was last updated on 03 Jun 2011.

There's a little header at the top of this thread that reads "View First Unread". If you click on that, it takes you right to where you left off. That way, you don't have to "mark your spot", which, thanks to someone upthread, invokes an image of someone lifting their leg on their computer screen. :giggle:

Musical Joke there is not an emoji that represents how thankful I am for this tip.:happydance:
If only I had of known it 6 months ago.:gaah:
Thank you... Thank you ... Thankyou :happydance:

Standing closely to left of Khandalyce stands a slim woman. Her jeans show very slim legs.

What me makes thinking: persons left (Karlie?) and right (son of HP) to little Khandalyce are wearing warm jackets but the sweet toddler doesn't. Heartbreaking and her little saddened serious face too!

She did not look as unfazed yesterday as she did on Friday. Questions are likely to be hitting the nub of it all now. Tick Tock, Tick Tock.
she probably knew she had another 4 hours of sitting in a room with detectives ahead.

not sure can read too much into her body language for either day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes