AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there is little to no chance of CCTV footage in such a small town.

Now they are saying it may have been there as long as 10 weeks.

7 News Adelaide ‏@7NewsAdelaide 25m25 minutes ago

UPDATE: Police say, witnesses saw a 60yo man walking down the Karoonda Hwy carrying a black suitcase 6-8 weeks ago.

There is always a chance someone driving may have caught the man on their car dash cam.

Giving the person who found it the benefit of doubt. Perhaps they didn't want to be involved in anyway, maybe thought someone else would report it, but went home and had a good think about it.

Obviously, whoever dumped it knew it would be found. Of all the places you could hide a body, or ways to dispose a body, a few metres off a highway is sure to be found.

Yes, this is what I'm thinking too. Probably in shock (understandable), not wanting to become involved for fear of becoming suspect, but then has second thoughts and comes forward. I can understand this reaction, pretty natural I'd say.

This whole things weird, how did several people look in the suit case and not think it was odd there was bones, regardless of if they thought they were human or not. If that was me I'd freak out and call police straight away, wouldn't most people?

7 News Adelaide ‏@7NewsAdelaide 25m25 minutes ago

UPDATE: Police say, witnesses saw a 60yo man walking down the Karoonda Hwy carrying a black suitcase 6-8 weeks ago.
This has paedophile(ring) written all over it IMO

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

As usual, I had an odd thought about how the suitcase ended up there. If the man that was seen with a suitcase had set it down while signing papers in a busy place, paying for a purchase, just resting or some other reason, someone else could have picked it up and walked off with it. While they were going down the road, someone in the car opened it to see what was in it. After a quick look, they could have thrown it from the car so they didn't get caught with it somehow and blamed for whatever had happened. Since they wouldn't be likely to be associated with the child or the suitcase, they wouldn't have to be too concerned about it being found.

Sorry, I'm forever trying to make things even more difficult/confusing than they already are.

MOO

Yes. Superintendent Bray said they were doing DNA testing.

I just read a book called Forensics by Val McDermid. In a chapter about DNA testing, the author explains how it can now be completed in nine hours (in high priority cases). Hopefully this will be considered high priority.

There is always a chance someone driving may have caught the man on their car dash cam.

We don't have those in the U.S. I guess you could, but I've never heard of anyone other than a police officer having one. Do citizens have dash cams there?

How is the video saved--to a flash/jump drive? Do users upload them and save the video or do you just record over old files?

This whole things weird, how did several people look in the suit case and not think it was odd there was bones, regardless of if they thought they were human or not. If that was me I'd freak out and call police straight away, wouldn't most people?

I agree, it's weird for several people to check out the suitcase and it's contents and not report it, I'm just like wtf?

The age of the man that they want to speak to has set my hinky meter right off.

We don't have those in the U.S. I guess you could, but I've never heard of anyone other than a police officer having one. Do citizens have dash cams there?

How is the video saved--to a flash/jump drive? Do users upload them and save the video or do you just record over old files?

I don't know anyone that has a dash-cam.

They're becoming quite common here and I heard that in the future you won't be able to get insured if you don't have one.

I agree, it's weird for several people to check out the suitcase and it's contents and not report it, I'm just like wtf?

Some people are scavengers, I guess. Like when there's a kerbside cleanup and people swoop to look at the things left out for collection.

The bones are another thing, though. Were they at the bottom of the suitcase and nobody rummaged that far? I can't believe it. Did the people who looked through it freak out and one of them placed it by the highway so that the police might find it? How weird can people be?

Kind of reminds me of when someone placed Jill Meagher's handbag back at the scene when it was suspected she was murdered.

Maybe they didn't think the bones could be human, ie someone's pet. Or maybe they just didn't see them.

They're becoming quite common here and I heard that in the future you won't be able to get insured if you don't have one.

What state are you in Tootsie? That's interesting that we might have to have them.

Lol, I just googled dash cams Australia and found a Facebook page for Dash Cam Owners Australia with nearly 300,000 likes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel