AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bearbear, the closest caravan park to Wynarka would be a small one at Karoonda to the east. It's still 17.5 kms from Wynarka. Tailem Bend is 32 kms away from Wynarka, and according to google maps would take 6.5 hours to walk there. Lugging a case, a tough call even if you're ceecee30's dad!

I thought maybe he'd slept rough somewhere, but the 'well dressed' part would probably preclude that possibility. A car could possibly have been parked along the track, but I would expect would be noticed by locals as not being from nearby. Seriously, this just doesn't make any sense!

Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_ 1m1 minute ago

UPDATE: Major crime detectives are working through post-mortem results, we should have more info on child bones soon @7NewsAdelaide @Y7News

Can always count on you for the updates xx

“People found the suitcase and the young child on the 14th but, for reasons which I don’t really understand, they waited a day before they told police,” he said.

“They were basically driving down the road and saw a black bag .. on the side of the road and, as you would expect, it doesn’t belong there so they stopped on the side of the road to see what it was.

“I can say that those people are cooperating with police, they have provided statements and they are providing an explanation for their behaviour.”

The suitcase was found about six feet off the road between the rubble and the start of the bushes and, according to police, was easily visible.

http://www.murrayvalleystandard.com...after-the-discovery-of-child-remains/?cs=1275

bearbear, the closest caravan park to Wynarka would be a small one at Karoonda to the east. It's still 17.5 kms from Wynarka. Tailem Bend is 32 kms away from Wynarka, and according to google maps would take 6.5 hours to walk there. Lugging a case, a tough call even if you're ceecee30's dad!

I thought maybe he'd slept rough somewhere, but the 'well dressed' part would probably preclude that possibility. A car could possibly have been parked along the track, but I would expect would be noticed by locals as not being from nearby. Seriously, this just doesn't make any sense!

Lol... I think your right... Lugging a case that far is too big a feat for anyone, especially an elderly man..

Which makes me think he's driven/been driven to a point, got out with suitcase and walked... Or been dropped just prior to town hitch hiking etc

oh ok, yes agree thats too far to lug a suitcase! and probably so many other places nearer the park to leave it.
doesnt make any sense for a stranger to choose this specific spot to dispose of a body, unless, like someone here suggested,
they chose a location furtherest away from where it could connect to them
or maybe its someone who lives in a nearby town, panicking, chose this area they often pass through?
their vehicle could have been parked in the direction they were walking from and not noticed by any of the witnesses

“People found the suitcase and the young child on the 14th but, for reasons which I don’t really understand, they waited a day before they told police,” he said.
http://www.murrayvalleystandard.com...after-the-discovery-of-child-remains/?cs=1275

I just had a look at the opening hours of the two local police stations nearest the location and Karoonda is open 9-11am and 4-5pm weekdays, and Tailem Bend 8:30-10am and 3-5pm. Maybe the discovery was made after hours and they waited until the next morning when the station reopened?

https://www.police.sa.gov.au/contact-us/find-your-local-police-station

If you had a car, why bother to hide it and then walk towards the highway where you could possibly be seen. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Wouldn't it easier to hide the suitcase where you hid your car?

If you had a car, why bother to hide it and then walk towards the highway where you could possibly be seen. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Wouldn't it easier to hide the suitcase where you hid your car?
Maybe. Just thinking of other options than a bus or hitchhiking...

Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_

Det Supt Des Bray will speak about the remains in #Wynarka at 3.30pm CST. Stay with #7News for the latest. @7NewsAdelaide @7NewsSydney

Surely the 131444 would connect (or despatch) someone after business hours though?

I should hope so. I can't think of one acceptable reason why someone who knows they've seen human bones in a suitcase would not report it immediately.

Surely the 131444 would connect (or despatch) someone after business hours though?

Yes one would think so. I don't know, was thinking if it were an older person or something who don't know about the number or prefer to do things in person. My parents are like that with banking and bill paying where I'd rather make a call or jump online for whatever I can get done that way.

How long is that from now? I'm in Canada.

Stacey Lee ‏@Staceylee_

Det Supt Des Bray will speak about the remains in #Wynarka at 3.30pm CST. Stay with #7News for the latest. @7NewsAdelaide @7NewsSydney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper