AUS - Khandalyce Kiara Pearce, Wynarka, Bones of a Child Discovered, July'15 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some time back (possibly the last post?) there was a newspaper article where the author had suggested that the body had been left in the attic atop a pile of clothing, as I recall. We all pretty much took that as speculation - but it would fit with the above scenario...

Behind the mystery of girl in suitcase at Wynarka
Andrew Rule
15 August
Paraphrase - article behind paywall.

Police know that certain fractures indicate that she died an extremely violent death - bashed, as long as seven years ago.
Such injuries - accidental a defense lawyer might argue - But why hide a child that died from and accident?
Someone close to or the killer themselves maybe - in an empty room, a shed, a cupboard covered the body with a pile of clothes and left it long enough to ...
It is possible something occurred earlier this year - necessitating the killer/accomplice move the body from it's hiding spot. The remains and clothes were jammed in a suitcase and moved.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-south-australia/story-fni0fee2-1227485075838

Speculation ?

You live in the world of being a woman. Not everyone looks at you with the same suspicions. The kid was asian, I am not. The kid said he was fine. Didn't want help. I let him be. If he was in dire trouble I would presume he would come and see me on the premise I voiced concerns.

As for Angel, this is a mystery. No records. Came in by sail boat? Tailem bend is accessible by boat. Its on the river. Wynarka is 35km from Tailem bend ferry. That's 20 minutes by car. 7 hours walking.

Are we related? I refuse to as well. I have gone out of my way to help others in the past, at totally random times and places. Consequences for myself be damned. I refuse not to!

I would have asked the kid a few more questions, then gone over there and said to the mum look, I just saw your son walking to the shop..can I help? Can I at least go to the shop for you? I would not have been judgmental with anything I may have found, and I would have treated them with respect and dignity. She could be too proud to get help, or have no family or friends to rely on, and could be at the end of her tether. The kid shouldn't be walking that far to the shops on his own either. For his own personal security and his own well being. He is 5 yrs old! Poor little man.

I get that males are too scared to approach kids in public, which is sort of understandable given that so many are quick to judge. In that case, find a female to approach with help.

Whatever it took. What I wouldn't do is ignore it. Sometimes a bit of kindness and compassion is all it takes for others.

There is no can't, there is only try.

dated 1 Sep 2015

What I'm seeing in the state of the quilt are cotton fibres that absorbed moisture/liquids from the body and then were placed in a humid, completely unventilated place such as a plastic bin bag. With no evaporation the cellulose (cotton) fibres rotted and the synthetic fibres such as the polyester hollow fibre batting, remained largely as they were.

In brief, I think that the near total disintegration of the cotton parts of the quilt are because the body was stored with it, in a sealed humid place, somewhere like in plastic a hot loft, or in a stored caravan - the body fluids, humidity and lack of evaporation would cause the rot of the cotton fibres. The other clothing, if not actually in contact with the body, would have been stored similarly, with moisture, humidity and lack of evaporation being a factor, though I do not believe that the clothing or body were stored in water.

Thanks jigzy for this in-depth analysis of the fabric and bring up the idea of humid.

My thought came up with the question of where would this humidity coming from? Assume if this decomposition takes place in Wynarka, is Wynarka a humid or a dry location? I think Wynarka is closer to the desert which would means it can be a very dry place.

About the idea of decomposing in a caravan, if it is really happening in a caravan, this caravan must be far away from camp sites and the parent is definitely not living in it, as the smell during decomposition made it impossible to stay near it and people around must noticed the smell.

Thanks jigzy for this in-depth analysis of the fabric and bring up the idea of humid.

My thought came up with the question of where would this humidity coming from? Assume if this decomposition takes place in Wynarka, is Wynarka a humid or a dry location? I think Wynarka is closer to the desert which would means it can be a very dry place.

About the idea of decomposing in a caravan, if it is really happening in a caravan, this caravan must be far away from camp sites and the parent is definitely not living in it, as the smell during decomposition made it impossible to stay near it and people around must noticed the smell.

I was thinking an old car body in the scrub or on a farm. There are so many in the Mallee....and most rural parts of Australia.
Please note the following link is just an example, not in any way related to the specifics of this case.
http://burnsandco.com.au/clearing-sales/clearing-sale-central-mallee-friday-25th-september-2015

Behind the mystery of girl in suitcase at Wynarka
Andrew Rule
15 August
Paraphrase - article behind paywall.

Police know that certain fractures indicate that she died an extremely violent death - bashed, as long as seven years ago.
Such injuries - accidental a defense lawyer might argue - But why hide a child that died from and accident?
Someone close to or the killer themselves maybe - in an empty room, a shed, a cupboard covered the body with a pile of clothes and left it long enough to ...
It is possible something occurred earlier this year - necessitating the killer/accomplice move the body from it's hiding spot. The remains and clothes were jammed in a suitcase and moved.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-south-australia/story-fni0fee2-1227485075838

Speculation ?

Speculation gained by reading here, I would say :)

If the body was stored in a storage tub or a plastic bag or something, it would create a humid environment as it decomposed, no matter what the outside conditions. Decomposition could have happened quite quickly too, certain injuries can speed up the process and the size of the body and the amount of body fat can have an effect. It sounds unbelievable that somebody could live alongside a decomposing body but it has happened before. That said, she could have been in a shed, or anywhere really, we just don't know at this point.

... Came in by sail boat? Tailem bend is accessible by boat. Its on the river. Wynarka is 35km from Tailem bend ferry. That's 20 minutes by car. 7 hours walking.

The Murray River is not accessible from the sea as the mouth is extremely narrow, usually silted up and anyway there are barrages to keep the salt and fresh water separate so it cannot be entered by boat.
Boating on the Murray itself is almost entirely pleasure craft such as houseboats and paddle steamers. It is not used for transport of goods.

If the body was stored in a storage tub or a plastic bag or something, it would create a humid environment as it decomposed, no matter what the outside conditions. Decomposition could have happened quite quickly too, certain injuries can speed up the process and the size of the body and the amount of body fat can have an effect. It sounds unbelievable that somebody could live alongside a decomposing body but it has happened before. That said, she could have been in a shed, or anywhere really, we just don't know at this point.

Yep, we just don't know where the body decomposed. Nor does that journalist.

I was thinking an old car body in the scrub or on a farm. There are so many in the Mallee....and most rural parts of Australia.
Please note the following link is just an example, not in any way related to the specifics of this case.
http://burnsandco.com.au/clearing-sales/clearing-sale-central-mallee-friday-25th-september-2015

I hope the police have checked out all the people living out in the scrub at the back of Wynarka. The people that live out there must know something of each other. Someone mentioned earlier Cadaver dogs should be used. There could be a campsite/aluminium shed out there abandoned where the body has been left for years, and someone poking around just happened to come across it. If there is any illegal dumping of rubbish in the area out there like fridges, and other large items, thats also a possibility for concealment. The locals should know this sort of stuff though, and have told the police. When are we going to get another update from the police anyway.................:thinking:

Yep, we just don't know where the body decomposed. Nor does that journalist.

The police have said they were NOT willing to speak of the cause of death either, yet they told this reporter? Sometimes the media are vile.

Yes, I agree with a fully air tight plastic bag is a very good chance, quick, easy and if it is black no one can see through.

Yes, I agree with a fully air tight plastic bag is a very good chance, quick, easy and if it is black no one can see through.

But to grow within a plastic bag or tub, it would become a lot of bacteria and very mouldy, it is possible the plastic bag would be getting holes, it would be extremely revolting to take the bones, quilts or clothes out from the container. The quilt might looks like a result of mouldy but the clothes aren't.

We don't know if "phone guy" and "suitcase guy" are the same guy. Phone guy might simply have been someone who was trying to get a signal on his phone. As to suitcase guy coming forward - if he'd been selling "hot" merchandise or illegal "knock offs" he might not come forward, fearing that he was going to get in trouble. (Remember the statement by police, something along the lines of coming forward even if you'd done something illegal?)
Maybe he was a distant relative that kept arriving wanting to stay with a Wynarkan but given the heave ho! The Wynarkans embarrassed to admit it and the man isn't aware or is also embarrassed... Or maybe has a crooked past!
Maybe he was a drug dealer who's ride got nervous and drove away from the settlement. Maybe the second drug drop he waited in the scrub over the road? Then there's the possibility of a 'private' sleep over that the local isn't prepared to share with neighbours. If that was it then I think by now they would have told the police in confidence and the police would have stopped looking for him. Have they stopped looking for him? The possibilities are endless! None of these scenarios involve the remains of our little girl. I don't think the suitcase man is involved myself.

Maybe he was a distant relative that kept arriving wanting to stay with a Wynarkan but given the heave ho! The Wynarkans embarrassed to admit it and the man isn't aware or is also embarrassed... Or maybe has a crooked past!
Maybe he was a drug dealer who's ride got nervous and drove away from the settlement. Maybe the second drug drop he waited in the scrub over the road? Then there's the possibility of a 'private' sleep over that the local isn't prepared to share with neighbours. If that was it then I think by now they would have told the police in confidence and the police would have stopped looking for him. Have they stopped looking for him? The possibilities are endless! None of these scenarios involve the remains of our little girl. I don't think the suitcase man is involved myself.

Hah, the sleepover thing was one of my first thoughts. I immediately wondered if anyone's husband worked fifo or long haul trucking or something.

I have always assumed the body was buried, decomposed in the ground, and was later dug up.
I am curious to know what reason others have for assuming the body decomposed above ground?

This idea created a few thoughts for me.

Why would someone initially buried a body and then dump the bones (in the suitcase) to the surface?

Unless you might be referring to two different person, one buried the body, another dug up the bones and threw them away. But why?

Or you could be referring to a parent missed his/her child but to let the child’s body fully decomposed first (perhaps the parent think this is the cleanest way) before taking her bones back (might be put into the suitcase) for sentimental reason. And then the parent one day decided or someone else threw the suitcase away.

I agree 'private' sleepover that possibly hasn't worked out, doesn't want his wife, or adult children to find out now that he has changed his mind. Nobody to give him a lift out of town.... I wonder if that phone box in town works and if the police checked if any calls were made from it on the dates suitcase man was in town. I've also wondered if he could have gotten a lift with one of the trucks from Wynarka Transport (owned by Denise & Barry Edwards) into town. If the drivers have been told never to pick up hitchhikers and they did. Have the police interviewed all the drivers thoroughly? I don't know how many drivers they would have. I'd also like to know if the zipper on that suitcase even zips up, with the state its in.

We have a family near us. A boy about 5 walked past with a very large black eye. I asked if he was ok. He said mummy is sick, he was doing the food shopping a couple of kilometres away. I didn't dare offer him money, or if I could help, because I feared people would think ill will of me. Its the way of the world.

I encourage you to report it to the police/local council, let someone who has the right skills and resources to dealt with it. This might help to prevent a potential tragic about to happen.

It's possible that it was a play mat or rug. Usually crib quilts aren't square. But then, usually baby quilts or play mats, or whatever you call them, are made of softer colours and not so much black.

The colours and choice of prints lead me to believe that the little quilt was made for a young child, and not a baby.

It seems this parent/carer likes black. A black tutu dress and a quilt with black as the base/background.

Then there's the possibility of a 'private' sleep over that the local isn't prepared to share with neighbours.

Yes, I have thought of a possible overnight sleep in Wynarka and that is how the suitcase man can be walking there so early in the morning. Might be this man is not prepare to reveal his relationship with someone in Wynarka so he did not report himself to the police?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member