Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was confused reading that one too, and still have no idea whether it refers to the Wednesday or the Thursday night that Olivia spoke to Allison.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clays-sister-in-law-says-husband-gerard-baden-clay-left-completely-devastated-by-wifes-mystery-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226338290711

Not sure it makes a difference or not, apart from her saying she seemed fine, but then why did she she also mention that Allison was depressed, in another news segment?

I have tried and tried to find a link for this 'depressed' comment from Olivia, but I just can't find it. I've heard many others here mention it...can anyone help with that? I'm just curious to watch/read it, as it's one I've missed.

This one weirded me out a bit though...

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/house-searched-for-missing-mum-clues-20120425-1xk24.html

I thought it was strange that she was saying "Gerard loves Allison" etc, maybe that's just me reading too much into her comments, but why does she make a point of saying he loves her??

MOO

Here is the link to the written version of what Olivia Walton said in relation to depression. Past the whole lik - hope it works, as it did for me.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/allison-baden-clays-sister-in-
law-says-husband-gerard-baden-clay-left-completely-devastated-by-wifes-myste
ry-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226338290711

I had heard, also from a police officer involved in the initial search (though not now involved), that they had found evidence of Google searches about "masking DNA" and "accessing life insurance" in the week prior to the disappearance. One might think we can "clear history" on our computers but it's almost impossible - there is always a trace. These sort of searches, if true, suggest premeditation and makes one wonder just how much circumstantial evidence is needed to make an arrest these days? I don't envy the job of the investigators. If you think we as onlookers wanting answers and justice feel frustrated, imagine how they must feel.

I bought a new phone yesterday, and as soon as I set up my gmail account, it provided me with a list of my last 20 odd internet searches from my home computer!!!! I kid you not, I went on google on a brand new phone, and lo and behold allison baden clay popped right up as my first search (everyday I just refresh her name on google to check) and I have to say, the things I have googled in the last month are very very hairy..if my hubby ends up dead in the near future I AM CACTUS!!!

Thankyou Unfolding Truth and Possumheart. You are correct. It must have been a rumour that the HDD's had been scrubbed.

I save my family photos to an external hard drive. If I did need to reimage my hard drive I wouldn't erase them. I also keep a copy of my family photos on my iPhone for bragging purposes. If I passed away my iPhone would be essential to a funeral planner. Everyone would wonder where it was IMO as they made arrangements. Sorry I have the spooks. :maddening:

Others might correct me if I am wrong but Gold car I think is NBCs
White prado and silver captiva are GBCs the ones of interest

It may be NBCs car but we have seen GBC driving it locally.

Would love to know what happened on this very night 6 weeks ago. I have found it hard to focus on anything else recently - this story has really upset me. Maybe because GBC reminds me of the R/E my friend was dating. Just too many similarities.

I bought a new phone yesterday, and as soon as I set up my gmail account, it provided me with a list of my last 20 odd internet searches from my home computer!!!! I kid you not, I went on google on a brand new phone, and lo and behold allison baden clay popped right up as my first search (everyday I just refresh her name on google to check) and I have to say, the things I have googled in the last month are very very hairy..if my hubby ends up dead in the near future I AM CACTUS!!!

does this mean then, that all the someone needs is your email account to see what you have been googling? how is that right? how is that even possible? is it only a gmail/google thing?

As websleuthers, investigators might find such a search on any of our computers too - doesn't mean that if our partners go missing we have murdered them!!

Valid point. I'm not saying it's anywhere near sufficient evidence, but surely a piece that might fit within the grander scheme of things? Also, I don't think GBC had time to be a websleuther (although he may have become one more recently, who knows?). He had a bit on. :)

Would love to know what happened on this very night 6 weeks ago. I have found it hard to focus on anything else recently - this story has really upset me. Maybe because GBC reminds me of the R/E my friend was dating. Just too many similarities.

I'm spooked too, don't worry, you aren't alone.:gthanks:

If the QPS can't mount the evidence to make an arrest (worst-case scenario), how long will it be before GBC launches a defamation case against the CM? I wonder if it's already underway? Any way of finding out?

mouse, I had a little meltdown a few nights ago and was so upset, I had to give MYSELF a timeout!!! haha I couldnt stop crying and I still dont really know whether it was my confronting feelings I have as a woman who is maybe in a similar relationship dynamic, or that I suddenly found it hard to believe that GBC was guilty, and I suffered a major attack of guilt?

either way, I believe it does seem to be effecting so many people in the same way.... we all seem to have our own personal connection to Allison some way, and I would love to know what went down too, for Allison, and for her children, and their right to be safe in the knowledge that the person who took their mother away from them when they needed her so much, is treated justly. But I also want (maybe selfishly) to know what happened so that we too can find some peace in her justice. And because even though most of us never knew her, its eating us up too

:what: Woggle - now there's a scouting word. I wondered if a woggle and scouting scarf could be used to strangle someone.

Mouse Detective - I think the correct term is 'to toggle' between computer screen, my play on words. Good pick-up.

Mum73 - Not retrievable from those hard drives but internet browsing history is always retrievable via your ISP unless you can hack into external databases to eradicate it.

Sorry Petro, but encrypted or hidden data is NOT traceable by your ISP. Here is another example of Privacy Software. The site for this one has a description of how it masks your Internet use from your ISP.

http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/servers/

I think we all may need some of this software...I know some of the searches I've done recently have been more than a little questionable. God forbid someone close to me goes missing.

If the QPS can't mount the evidence to make an arrest (worst-case scenario), how long will it be before GBC launches a defamation case against the CM? I wonder if it's already underway? Any way of finding out?

Could be expensive. He would want a Confident, competent complex collegiate professional to represent him. Sorry about the C words

does this mean then, that all the someone needs is your email account to see what you have been googling? how is that right? how is that even possible? is it only a gmail/google thing?

I believe the IP address is the crucial piece of technology.

I think the CM have been very restrained and mainly reporting what police have been announcing, other than the affair. Not sure if this would give cause for defamation. Media have the right to report on the case, and even with the reporting of the affair, it was relevant because of the fact that the mistress had been questioned so many times by police.

Perhaps someone with legal knowledge might be able to shed some light on this. Someone did post a link to sites about defamation, but it might be a bit of work to trawl through them.

I rang my programmer friend to clarify a few issues and he informs me that your ISP will have access to something called your dns request logs for your account which will list every connection website orsearch request ever made via that account.

Even if you put your hardrive in a furnace and burn it those logs will still be there.

I rang my programmer friend to clarify a few issues and he informs me that your ISP will have access to something called your dns request logs for your account which will list every connection website orsearch request ever made via that account.

Even if you put your hardrive in a furnace and burn it those logs will still be there.

:skip:

Can you program possum heart, I certaintly can't - so I will have to take the information of someone who does so for a living as true until I meet another programmer who contradicts it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maylon