Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When my ex had an affair his appearance changed dramatically. Lost weight, wardrobe change, even asked me what I thought of him getting a toupee! Changed is mind when I laughed hysterically and tried to put the cat on his head. Believe me. I can tell an affair a mile away now.....oh, he also got a sportscar. A convertible, maybe I should have let him get the toupee and watch as it blew off in the wind while he was driving (showing off)

Hilarious! Not the husband having the affair though, been through that myself and it sucks big time. And now can spot it a mile away too!

I'm still sitting on the fence too. Have been with this forum since day one and read every comment I could keep up with, and I'm still on the fence. The main reason being that the Courier Mail is not making a lot of sense, and the facts which we know are very few and amount IMO to circumstantial evidence only at this stage. There has been a lot of gut feeling and emotional posts about it must be GBC who did it. While I understand those gut feeling responses, I still feel that sitting on the fence is the only obvious place you can be. Just my opinion.

But I do think it's a shame that many people in this forum will criticise someone who wants to have the opinion that GBC "may or may not be" guilty.

Fair enough, good point.

When my ex had an affair his appearance changed dramatically. Lost weight, wardrobe change, even asked me what I thought of him getting a toupee! Changed is mind when I laughed hysterically and tried to put the cat on his head. Believe me. I can tell an affair a mile away now.....oh, he also got a sportscar. A convertible, maybe I should have let him get the toupee and watch as it blew off in the wind while he was driving (showing off)

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Poor kitty!!! Did he ask you to buy new undies for him too? That is a first sign also, believe me!

My opinion, for what its worth..NOT the introverted neighbour..and NOT the unknown maniac. As for GBC, well I am not so sure there..not 100%. But am very aware of why other do suspect. I have always thought somehow some involvement.. Be it knowledge, actual deed or by sheer fact that something he was mixed up in led to Allisons death by anothers hand. (this could account for some of his reactions that may appear as guilt and perhaps there is shame and many other emotions.. ANyway, I know many have different thoughts on those and thats ok. I see often why people think the way they do)

You will be happy to see GBC's cars damage

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...gation-continues/story-e6freoof-1226383907525

The car has no front number plate. Wonder why?

Or would they have blacked it out?

Has anyone seen a photo of the front left side of the Prado prior to the one on the CM tonight with the damage? I wonder if this happened before or after?

Speculating:
-if it was damaged on the night of Allison's disappearance, could explain why it was driving with park lights on?
-damaged during forensic testing?
-damaged in accident after vehicle was returned to him?
-OR damaged prior to Allison's disappearance?

This one. Look at posts that are responded to as in above:

Originally Posted by Mothergoose
"I totally totally respect what was said and I do believe it. All I'm saying is it IS possible and that women (especially) who have affairs rarely tell anyone not even their closest friend for fear of judgement etc. ,especially if the affair contradicts all they stand for .The tell tail sign I witnessed with the women I knew was that all of a sudden life was OK .Their appearace improved dramatically and they sort of distanced themselves from aquaintences. I never judged them....they were both really nice ladies."

Totally unrelated to Allisons' case as their is NO evidence or link she was like THIS
Where have I said SHE was like anything. No different to saying I wonder if so and so was close to her. It has been stated that Allison knew her killer and I noted that while a lot of the posters seem to lean towards GBC or the BC's it is not completely out of the question that if he/they were not involved there may be someone Allison knew and was close to who was. Why do you find that so impossible ? What are you referring to when you say "Like This"? Please explain.:what: IMO BOO BOO

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Poor kitty!!! Did he ask you to buy new undies for him too? That is a first sign also, believe me!

YES!!! started wearing bloody Tommy Hillfingers (not sure how it's spelt or pronounced). Amazing you should ask that CaseClosed. At first I thought his Y fronts must have had holes or been worn out, but they weren't!

Thanks for you post. makes sense. And I agree, there seems to be so much misreporting coming out. now.

Thanks for that. And I do realise I may seem to have been a little harsh on the DV issue, but my own gut feeling about this case is that DV and depression are not major factors. I think that the case is more complicated than that and I'm leaning more towards premeditated - motive possibly linked to affairs and financial matters, and ABC possibly knowing too much. IMO. This is one of the reasons why I'm still sitting on the fence. If it was premeditated then GBC's involvement could be direct or indirect, or he himself could have been under some threat. IMO.

On the other hand if GBC is arrested as the perp, and the evidence is strong enough to convict, I can see a plea for manslaughter coming a mile off. ABC's depression and DV that resulted in accidental death will then become issues that the defence will use to get the perp off a murder charge. "ABC was always unhappy. She always blamed me. I hit her but didn't mean to kill her." Sorry if that sounds brutal, but I am sure that's the way it could well play out, if GBC gets taken to court and there are no other complications in this case.

So... is this damage recent, or did it happen back when Allison went missing?
Also, it's nice to know he's consistent in keeping quiet about what really matters.

Indromum, I told you YOUR story wiuld make it in the paper today lol.

YES!!! started wearing bloody Tommy Hillfingers (not sure how it's spelt or pronounced). Amazing you should ask that CaseClosed. At first I thought his Y fronts must have had holes or been worn out, but they weren't!

I've been there ... but before I could confirm my suspicions, the other woman fell pregnant. I headed for divorce lawyers immediately, of course.

Maybe obsessed is too strong a word. But when you see it used in discussion regularly in a media driven 'sleuthing' scenario such as this, it makes you wonder if some are more interested in getting down to the reasons she may have been depressed, and how that controlled her life, or just being plain stickybeaks.

Im keen to hear how it has anything to do with the final result in all of this. I think people are actually struggling to find any relevance to the actual case, and can't understand why its even brought up at such regularity. (one page of this thread had the word mentioned 30 times).
Discussion of mental health issues can be quite healthy, you just need actual relevance and context to have them, not fanciful theories on how it played a huge part in someone getting murdered.

There are no fanciful theories, it was mentioned in MSM in the early days of the investigation (as having been said by friends; and other posters have mentioned Olivia also said it)...which is more than I can say regarding GBC being a current person of interest; ABC having an affair; or the existence of an AVO...I could continue but let's just say the theories are flying thick and fast.

I think if GBC purposely tried to imply this, then it could indicate his way of thinking and his story as to what happened (IMO he was relying on the body not being found); and I think he would have stuck to his initial story, no matter what the police "observed".

I'm here because I'm curious as to what happened that night, if I already knew, I would not be here. One of the many things that I'm curious about is what he told police he thinks happened; and another is why police appeared to know it was a murder investigation so quickly.

http://www.news.com.au/national/sea...lison-baden-clay/story-e6frfkvr-1226337675767

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member