Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the idea is that if someone has a different theory, one should put it up for discussion, with all the details. However, some theories are not even put up here at all, they are just some random assertions without any explanation and without even saying it is their opinion. IMO this is what gets frustrating for some.

...and. When you research something and provide links proving it to be fact only to have someone interject with a theory that has already been provided as fact, they walk away and you are left to re-research and re-post the link.
My Pet peeve

Its a good point and one that has crossed my mind a few times. I think without a body they had no choice but to announce it as a missing persons case.
As for the story he gave, yea you're right it must have been entirely plausible on the day or the days after, but we still don't even know what that was yet!
1. watching TV as he went to bed at 10pm?

OR

2. didn't return from her morning walk?

I think they were even probably a little confused by the story/s to be honest!!

I might add that a crime scene doesn't necessarily mean a murder scene. IT was potentially her last known sighting so they have to shut it down and start looking for clues and as a result can't have people coming or going..

but yes I agree it was all a little 'different' to say the least.

Yes, good point about a crime scene not being a murder scene. So there may have been something that alerted them that they had a difficult case on their hands but still believed she was "out there" and alive. Which still does suggest that the QPS believed that ABC left the house (stormed out of the house maybe) and hadn't been seen since. In other words she left of her own volition at some point and may have been in a distressed state of mind, at least based on what GBC told them. IMO

And the police are now working hard to find out were ABC went when she left and / or establish if there are any holes in GBC's story? IMO.

I realise that much of this has been inferred previously, but I think some of the essentials need to come back to the forefront from time to time.

Goodbye family sized block of cadbury chocolate, I enjoyed you

I'm still sitting on the fence too. Have been with this forum since day one and read every comment I could keep up with, and I'm still on the fence. The main reason being that the Courier Mail is not making a lot of sense, and the facts which we know are very few and amount IMO to circumstantial evidence only at this stage. There has been a lot of gut feeling and emotional posts about it must be GBC who did it. While I understand those gut feeling responses, I still feel that sitting on the fence is the only obvious place you can be. Just my opinion.

But I do think it's a shame that many people in this forum will criticise someone who wants to have the opinion that GBC "may or may not be" guilty.

Thanks for you post. makes sense. And I agree, there seems to be so much misreporting coming out. now.

I agree with you on that, Amee. It just the timing is a bit wrong for a depressed person. Also, some reports suggest that Allison that night was quite happy, at least around 8pm.

TRUE regarding the timing factor! But ... wasn't Allison's 'last' state of 'contentment / happiness' or whatever, last observed by her husband at 10pm on the evening that she MAY HAVE or 'supposedly' had decided to go for a walk :hen: ~ maybe to show off her super new hairdo & pray that it didn't get all sweaty & messed, like MOST others' normally would've ~ especially given her anticipated, supposedly pre-planned ultra early morning preparations for the day. :pullhair:

10pm being the time that her husband 'supposedly' last saw her watching some sports channel on his way to bed ... so he merely SURMISED that his wife, Allison may have gone for a walk anytime after his 'retirement' at 10pm and his discovery of her absence at 'supposedly' 7am. :waitasec:

Then, by the time he alerted Allison's parents & the police around 7:30am (without, apparently have driven or even walked ANYWHERE in the vicinity in search of her), their 3 daughters, who had 'allegedly' slept out the previous evening, were suddenly at home, and on being questioned about their whereabouts the previous night, one 'supposedly' piped up that she (& 'presumably' ALL 3) HADN'T spent that evening at HOME ~ i.e. their usual HOME with Mom & Dad. :eek:hoh:
This daughter obviously elaborated (on being rightfully & cleverly questioned by the QPS) precisely where she & possibly her 2 sisters HAD in fact spent the previous evening. :eek:fftobed: This may or may not have been when she or another sister piped up about the possibility of her/their Mummy having fallen down an old, disused mine shaft! Give me a break ~ NO! I actually need CPR at this stage! :headache:

VERY little ADDS UP at this stage guys ~ well, extremely little for us plebs at any rate, but I maintain every FAITH that the QPS haven't & still refuse to, leave a single pebble unturned in this case. These guys are out to WIN & WIN THEY WILL! :great:

All we have to do, is exercise A LOT OF PATIENCE if we truly do want justice for Allison and her loved ones.
<modsnip>

I totally totally respect what was said and I do believe it. All I'm saying is it IS possible and that women (especially) who have affairs rarely tell anyone not even their closest friend for fear of judgement etc. ,especially if the affair contradicts all they stand for .The tell tail sign I witnessed with the women I knew was that all of a sudden life was OK .Their appearace improved dramatically and they sort of distanced themselves from aquaintences. I never judged them....they were both really nice ladies.

Mothergoose perhaps you have links for this statement?

I wonder if anyone has ever been banned for over use of emoticons? Lol

I totally totally respect what was said and I do believe it. All I'm saying is it IS possible and that women (especially) who have affairs rarely tell anyone not even their closest friend for fear of judgement etc. ,especially if the affair contradicts all they stand for .The tell tail sign I witnessed with the women I knew was that all of a sudden life was OK .Their appearace improved dramatically and they sort of distanced themselves from aquaintences. I never judged them....they were both really nice ladies.

So true mothergoose.

Sometimes fear telling anyone that they know that their husband is having an affair even. For fear of what other people will think.

A good book that covers this is called "Codependent no more"

I really don't know that anyone is "obsessed' with her depression (I know I can't find them in the threads...).

Personally, I mentioned the depression, not because I believe Allison suffered from it; and I know she didn't die from it...but because I really got the impression early in the investigation, that someone implied that it may have played a role in her disappearance. My line of thinking is about the "lie", not the illness, maybe others are also thinking the same way.

Now, these "other people" may really be obsessed with her depression, but I can't seem to find them. All I can find is lots of posts about why it shouldn't be discussed...maybe this is the real problem with the acceptance of mental health issues in the community...

Maybe obsessed is too strong a word. But when you see it used in discussion regularly in a media driven 'sleuthing' scenario such as this, it makes you wonder if some are more interested in getting down to the reasons she may have been depressed, and how that controlled her life, or just being plain stickybeaks.

Im keen to hear how it has anything to do with the final result in all of this. I think people are actually struggling to find any relevance to the actual case, and can't understand why its even brought up at such regularity. (one page of this thread had the word mentioned 30 times).
Discussion of mental health issues can be quite healthy, you just need actual relevance and context to have them, not fanciful theories on how it played a huge part in someone getting murdered.

Mothergoose perhaps you have links for this statement?

Which statement ??? The one I forgot to Moooo in ? I stand corrected but I'm learning fast. If you're referring to the statement I believe .....it's what Allison's sister said. GGeeeeshhhh:banghead:
I just made some wonderful homemade pumpkin soup.....would you like some?

Yes, good point about a crime scene not being a murder scene. So there may have been something that alerted them that they had a difficult case on their hands but still believed she was "out there" and alive. Which still does suggest that the QPS believed that ABC left the house (stormed out of the house maybe) and hadn't been seen since. In other words she left of her own volition at some point and may have been in a distressed state of mind, at least based on what GBC told them. IMO

And the police are now working hard to find out were ABC went when she left and / or establish if there are any holes in GBC's story? IMO.

I realise that much of this has been inferred previously, but I think some of the essentials need to come back to the forefront from time to time.

I believe QPS had their suspicions that she was dead since entering the family home, however they could not come out and tell the world that they believed she may have been murdered, without even looking for her. Sometime ago, someone said that they had it on good advise that QPS realised by the second day that she wasn't coming back, but they had to keep searching to find her body. Once the body was found, Det Supt Anisworth said they had been treating this as a murder investigation "for some time now". They know she was moved to a location around the creek after she was killed. I believe they knew pretty quickly that she was killed in or around her home. IMO.

Re the water level.

I thought going by the pics I saw that Allisons body was to high to have been washed there.

I have since had my mind changed when it was explained to me that 10 cm of rainfall does not mean that it will only rise by that amount. Various factors determine how much the water level will rise.

If most of the rain is runoff then it follows the slope down to the streams and rivers and the water is concentrated into a much smaller area. The volume remains the same but if you decrease the area, the depth increases. So simply put a narrow river/creek will rise much higher than the rainfall level. 10 cm of rainfall can put the water level up as much as 7 mtrs in a narrow area of water.

Respectfully that is why our Police are NOT doing it yet my dear sweet 'young' grannie.........you are contradicting the very reasoning you are trying to purport.....

Our Police go the full hog and get it all lined up ready so no arrest is made without being STRONG and FULL of evidence first.......let it go you are learning but not there yet.....geesshhhhhhhhh
Respectfully snipped..

I don't want to continue on this subject. But I really need to thank you for your comments. Like a breath of fresh air at the moment.

I believe QPS had their suspicions that she was dead since entering the family home, however they could not come out and tell the world that they believed she may have been murdered, without even looking for her. Sometime ago, someone said that they had it on good advise that QPS realised by the second day that she wasn't coming back, but they had to keep searching to find her body. Once the body was found, Det Supt Anisworth said they had been treating this as a murder investigation "for some time now". They know she was moved to a location around the creek after she was killed. I believe they knew pretty quickly that she was killed in or around her home. IMO.

I agree, that I think the Police had very grave fears from day one. The minute they entered the BC house and made 'unspecified observations' (and this does not necessarily mean GBC was guilty, but something set police off, either way.)

When my ex had an affair his appearance changed dramatically. Lost weight, wardrobe change, even asked me what I thought of him getting a toupee! Changed is mind when I laughed hysterically and tried to put the cat on his head. Believe me. I can tell an affair a mile away now.....oh, he also got a sportscar. A convertible, maybe I should have let him get the toupee and watch as it blew off in the wind while he was driving (showing off)

IMO It was never really treated as a Missing Person Case. The search was only ever for a body and any evidence. I personally dont believe she left the house alive and there was some telling signs at the house that morning for the Police to launch such a large investigation inside of two hours.

Upon discovery of Allisons body the Police said the following:

"The missing persons case has been ramped up for some time, basically as a result of investigations that have been undertaken.

"At this stage we're looking at an unlawful homicide investigation. We have been looking at that for some time now.

The full report is below:
http://www.theherald.com.au/article.aspx?id=2539222

It would be interesting to know when exactly they were officially looking at this case as an unlawful homicide investigation.

agreed, but remembering they probably weren't ruling anything in or out at this point in time, so yes she 'may' still be out there alive or she may not be. I'm quite sure they had a very strong hunch from the outset mind you. If I was a gambling man i would suggest that they knew very early on that she was not going to be found alive to be honest. But given there has been no arrest up until now you can only imagine with what info they had available to them at the time (not much) that it would have been virtually impossible for them to declare this anything other than missing persons case initially.

As for the finer detail, I don't believe we will ever know what version of events they believe occured until someone is charged and it goes to trial.
There are any number of scenarios at play here. They would have ruled out many by now of course based on what they do know to be fact.

Which statement ??? The one I forgot to Moooo in ? I stand corrected but I'm learning fast. If you're referring to the statement I believe .....it's what Allison's sister said. GGeeeeshhhh:banghead:
I just made some wonderful homemade pumpkin soup.....would you like some?

This one. Look at posts that are responded to as in above:

Originally Posted by Mothergoose
"I totally totally respect what was said and I do believe it. All I'm saying is it IS possible and that women (especially) who have affairs rarely tell anyone not even their closest friend for fear of judgement etc. ,especially if the affair contradicts all they stand for .The tell tail sign I witnessed with the women I knew was that all of a sudden life was OK .Their appearace improved dramatically and they sort of distanced themselves from aquaintences. I never judged them....they were both really nice ladies."

Totally unrelated to Allisons' case as their is NO evidence or link she was like THIS

Oh I missed that one - what's this about an introverted neighbour? I discount the local maniac theory- police said no maniacs running loose in Brookfield.

My opinion, for what its worth..NOT the introverted neighbour..and NOT the unknown maniac. ;) As for GBC, well I am not 100% certain. But am very aware of why others do suspect. I have always thought somehow some involvement.. Be it knowledge, actual deed or by sheer fact that something he was mixed up in led to Allisons death by anothers hand. (this could account for some of his reactions that may appear as guilt and perhaps there is shame and many other emotions.. ANyway, I know many have different thoughts on those and thats ok. I see often why people think the way they do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95