Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that's just a good way to extract any more local snippets of info ... people might be more talkative after staggering out of the bar. You would hope they have got the most useful evidence already (most likely) and this is just to show they're still on the case ... rather than a desperate search for anything useful. Does kind of create a sense of no arrests soon though ...

When and if he's charged with her murder in court they will need to show they explored every avenue of inquiry or defence will do like they are doing with Max Sica at the moment. That is that the Police decided from day one that he was number one suspect and did not investigate other leads provided to them.

This just gets better every day. How this man can not cooperate with police without having to use his Lawyer as a filter is beyond me. When you look at that inconvenient accident in the Honda, the man drove straight into a pylon. Is that not culpable driving? He should be brought in for questioning over that. He is a coward.

You wonder whether Allison was run over by that car (Honda CRV) and therefore they needed to damage the car this way to cover up the previous impact damage.

Have the police impounded this vehicle for investigation?

You wonder whether Allison was run over by that car (Honda CRV) and therefore they needed to damage the car this way to cover up the previous impact damage.

My thinking as to why the vehicles would be travelling close together is lighting, the first car had headlights on, the second car only parking lights. Very dark out in the bush at night, need to follow close to know you are not going to run into a tree or a ditch.

I may have dreamed this but I thought I read somewhere (about 6 or 7 threads ago lol) that ABC's car was at the showgrounds. Anybody anyone at all :banghead:

Could it be that ABC was following GBC after suspecting something? Another woman? Dodgy dealings? Or just continuing an argument? IMO... I guess anything is possible. I think it could be GBC and an accomplice who is assisting with removing the body and/or evidence.

All IMO:

I get the impression from the word "tailing" that the cars were really close together so I doubt that ABC would be following GBC that closely if she was following him tring to catch him out.

Someone mentioned it sounds like one car towing another. That was my immediate thought although it makes no sense (to me) that a smaller car would be towing a large 4WD so I was thinking perhaps it's an attempt at looking inconspicuous--you only really notice one car (the one at the front with the headlights on). Unfortunately for them, it's had the opposite effect. And I agree that if the white 4WD was GBC then they'd want as little light on the car given the company branding.

I tell you what: this case has become frustrating (ie:I just want someone charged and justice for ABC). I've been reading here since thread 1. Laughed at some of your more outlandish theories, but there's been some great sleuthing here. :)

It's a fascinating case. Sorry, that might sound a little cold-hearted. My heart goes out to ABC family, particularly her daughters. However, emotionally distancing myself from the reality of the case: I do get the impression that this drip-feed of information from the police is an attempt to make the person(s) responsible confess. That makes me think that a lot of the evidence the police have is circumstantial. IMO they could probably make arrest(s) now but whether they could convict is another matter, hence them trying to make the person(s) crack, while, of course, trying to gather yet more information.

Anyway, here's to an arrest AND conviction!

Hi everyone,

First time poster but have been following the posts here for a while. I stumbled onto this forum as a link was posted in another forum whose main focus is fashion. Thank you for reposting some links as they have been good memory joggers as there is a lot to take in.

I read Alicat's post about her creepy feelings when travelling over the Kholo creek, before Allison was found. I just wanted to say to Alicat; your intuition was spot on.

From the beginning, how the story of Allison's disappearance has unfolded has just seemed weird to me. Apologies to all of you for having to read similar comments/questions that have been posted before but these questions have gone around and around in my head and don't make sense.

Why oh Why did Allison's husband not go down to the command post, not once but every day to see how the QPS were going? I understand that he might have been told not to do certain things by his lawyer but how could you not? The men and women from QPS and SES worked tirelessly every day. How could you not at least go and thank them and offer support or food/drink?

Why did he not make a public appeal to find his wife? Why did he and his sister in that one interview use the phrase "be returned to us"? That is very odd wording IMO.

Why has he not made a public display of thanks after Allison was found to those that helped find her, including the canoeist? Thank God that person was there and found Allison but I feel for them too as the memory of what they saw will probably be a lasting one.

I think about the Dickies and their constancy to find their daughter and now to find who did this to their daughter. I think about the police officer whose shoulder Geoff Dickie cried on and how resolute that person will be in finding who did this to Allison after having shared Geoff Dickie's grief that day.

I think about Allison and how her story has touched so many people. It seems senseless what happened to her. I can't understand what would motivate anyone to hurt her. But someone has. They deprived this beautiful woman and mum of her life and they placed her outside, in the elements, in the cold, maybe on the banks of the creek, maybe in the actual water; we won't know until QPS release the autopsy results. But again, one thing is certain; whoever did this left her in the bush. Whilst we were in the comfort and warmth of our homes, Allison was not. Who could do that to a mum and deprive her of her children and vice versa? I just don't get it. It is senseless and it is a callous and cowardly act IMO.

I have every faith in QPS and I hope Allison's family will have answers to what happened soon. I am glad for the residents of Brookfield that the police have announced that the person who did this to Allison was possibly known to her, so that they may have a feeling of safety to walk about in their area once more.

Who knows really.....It's not information the police have to divulge. From what I read in here, they didn't. But they did have a forensics team, at length, looking over the vehicle for underlying damage (at the scene).

Doesnt mean, that later on, it wasn't seized though.

I may have dreamed this but I thought I read somewhere (about 6 or 7 threads ago lol) that ABC's car was at the showgrounds. Anybody anyone at all :banghead:

I've read that too in several of the threads however, if my memory is right, this is unconfirmed and a "heard on the grapevine" piece of evidence rather than anything that the police. I don't think it has even been mentioned in the media.

The sub-headline at http://www.news.com.au/national/bad...our-wheel-drives/story-e6frfkvr-1226356754019 states that QPS are setting up a command post at the Brookfield Show.

Could this indicate that the investigation is not progressing as quickly as previously stated and arrests are still a way off?

"The show, which begins tomorrow at Brookfield Showgrounds where police set up a command post while they searched for Mrs Baden-Clay, was sponsored last year by Gerard Baden-Clay's Century 21 real estate franchise."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/bad...es/story-e6frfkvr-1226356754019#ixzz1uzFM6Mmo

QPS are not setting up command post at Brookfield show. the article mentions they had one there during search.

Maxymoo, I remember reading that too. If memory serves me correctly, it was a local that posted it and the post is a fair way back.

It is the one and only time that it has been suggested that the silver car was not at ABC's house. Was it Kiwijane who posted it?

I know, I read that on here too, and I was thinking "Hang on, so where WAS the car then?" Anyone know what the connection was?

Oh Mani,
Beautifully written.
`I think about the police officer whose shoulder Geoff Dickie cried on and how resolute that person will be in finding who did this to Allison after having shared Geoff Dickie's grief that day.
***serious tears ATM*** It`s all too sad.

I've read that too in several of the threads however, if my memory is right, this is unconfirmed and a "heard on the grapevine" piece of evidence rather than anything that the police. I don't think it has even been mentioned in the media.

I thought that was why they started the search from the show grounds and set up camp there

I thought that was why they started the search from the show grounds and set up camp there
I think the police set up their command post there because of the space they could utilise there. Once they found Allison they moved it to the scout grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*