GUILTY Australia - Carly McBride, 31, murdered, Muswellbrook, NSW, 30 Sept 2014 *Trial in 2021*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm hoping that police have suppressed his details so as not to jeopardize any potential litigation..but maybe I'm being naive?

I'm hoping that police have suppressed his details so as not to jeopardize any potential litigation..but maybe I'm being naive?
IMO I don't think it was the ex she was visiting that done harm to her...I feel that she did get picked up aftee the visit and things have gone horribly wromg

Don't think they can until he becomes a POI. Seem they haven't makes you wonder if he has been cleared from involvement or LE have just not interrogated him enough
Oh of course, that makes sense SD. The current bf has volunteered his information and details whereas the ex has remained conspicuously silent.
Interesting you mention the ex possibly having been cleared as that just never occurred to me. The police have had nothing to comment on him which I'm hoping is deliberate but gosh, it's potentially bought so much time on whoevers responsible.

IMO I don't think it was the ex she was visiting that done harm to her...I feel that she did get picked up aftee the visit and things have gone horribly wromg
Yeah, that's the only other real alternative. All the information about the ex regarding arguments, hostility etc, have come from the current bf so I guess you have to take it all with a grain of salt. The details about the clothing she was mentioned to have been wearing not matching up with the last known photo of her, apparently taken on the car trip over to the ex's was certainly puzzling.

Apparently the housemate reported Carly to have been wearing the yellow top, jeans and sandals on the day she went missing but then the current bf produced that photo, apparently taken of Carly during the trip over to the exs, wearing something contrary, a white/black striped singlet. When questioned about the striped singlet in the pic the bf amended the story by claiming Carly changed into the yellow top before she arrived at ex's place. If this were the case it would suggest Carly left her housemate that day in yellow top, was for some reason wearing striped top during trip to ex's when said photo was taken, then reamearged from car upon arrival in the yellow top again. All these discrepancies could be attributed to some confusion or for example, the housemate having been briefed by the current bf on what Carly was apparently wearing that day. However I think the important question is why the current bf would seek to produce a photo apparently documenting this trip to the ex's when it would seem logical the pic was infact taken on a different day? Is it possible Carly never even made it to the ex's? I believe it was confirmed that she did indeed visit that day and it certainly seems Carly had made plans to visit her daughter.....but I didn't think we'd actually heard anything from the ex. Regardless, it's just so strange that the current bf would produce this photo that contradicts everything reported and casts so much doubt on his version of events. I just wonder why he wanted to verify that trip if infact the events surrounding the clothes aren't as he described.

Sounds like stories are unraveling, and this case is close to a major breakthrough. Let's pray I am right.

Sounds like a plan! The luminol and dogs would have made a wonderful starting point, or at least from when the case transitioned to homicide. I guess we don't know if this has already been undertaken but one would hope it had been from the outset.

Oops! The above post was in response to this from RFA>>>>>
It sounds like our heroes in LE are determined to find justice!
I hope they take their dogs and their luminol and go back to the ex's for another very, very thorough search.
Opinion only.
Sorry to hog the board with so many posts.
...can't sleep.

No matter how much the Perp cleaned, there will be residual that the luminol would reveal.

No matter how much the Perp cleaned, there will be residual that the luminol would reveal.

Suppose its effectiveness depends on the type of injuries sustained by a victim. I know luminol is used primarily to highlight blood but I guess it's also useful detecting post mortem material like fecal matter, urine, decomp fluids?
I'd expect this would the first step investigating any potential homicide crimescene, esp. given its so effective, inexpensive and immediate, (when time is of the essence!!). Investigators would surely have utilized this technique with both the current and ex partners by this late stage, right?
I hate even thinking about all this in reference to Carly but I guess these processes are just as important in eliminating our worst fears as they are in confirming them.

Has there ever been an explanation from the ex about why their daughter was not home? It seems strange that she would not be there, as that was the reason Carly was going to visit.

Where's the place in Muswellbrook known to locals as 'The Commons'? Any locals here good with G-maps?

" The Common " is to the rt side of Coal Rd & is not accessible to the public without permission from the local aboriginal landholders. Although, despite that, it known to be used by trail bike riders & 4WD's. It's also a common area where rubbish is illegally dumped.

Thanks Dr, perfect! So you're local or have connections to the area? What's the feeling around town?

I'm wondering if investigators are approaching these sites as potential dumping grounds for evidence or if they suspect this is where they'll find the actual crimescene.
The area is interesting, so close to where Carly was last sighted, certainly not isolated, nor difficult to access or navigate. Open landscapes aren't known as great hiding places....if there is evidence to be found there it suggests the Perp didn't have the time, means or opportunity to find a more ideal location to conceal his crimes.....UNLESS the Perp deliberately chose that location to lead investigators in the wrong direction and there's an element of staging involved. I can't imagine any other reason why the Perp wouldn't just drive out a little further to some remote scrubland to toss evidence never to be seen again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back