Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am glad she was found and safe but my concern is, if the father cannot (won't or whatever) pay the money he owes his dealers...does it mean that they will escalate their tactics?
part of me hopes it was all a hoax to get some money from the public because, if it is true that she was kidnapped to force dad to pay off debts, the threat remains: they can take any of the kids

That was my concern when showering this morning.

I couldn't shake the "well now what?"

I mean, dad says they'll paint the house and move. Ok.

I don't know the drug scene, particularly not in Australia, but having a bit more awareness of the gang subculture in CA from counseling kids/families (mostly of those in or at high risk for ending up in them) of gang members, etc, I'd guess there are at least some parallels?

Meaning if someone "owes" someone something (money, a hit on someone, whatever) that doesn't typically just get "excused."

And even in a large city here (which Childers obviously isn't - though I guess maybe he means moving far from there) or a highly populated state - heck even moving out of state - unless you go entirely undercover, SOMEONE knows where you are.

Even if they didn't tell anyone initially, you know some friend or some family member will know and word will get out. They could still be found. And the kids are too young to completely go off grid I'd think, I mean, they have a baby - they have to get diapers even if they pulled the kids and homeschooled and hide elsewhere in Australia. It seems like it'd just be a matter of time.

LE weren't the ones who broke the drug story, it was family friends. What's to say they won't speak out again? And would LE have handled it differently if the drug debt angle hadn't gotten so public (even if people were thinking it)?

Like you said, it seems inevitable it'll escalate somehow - the people he owes for getting all this attention on them? Dad toward them for taking Chloe? It just seems like it could be an unending back and forth issue, and that's scary.

It's great that Chloe's home. But how do they really protect her long term?

Apparently LE isn't concerned short term (and I suspect they're being watched) since they seem to be back home and the kids aren't in protective custody till they figure out what's what (which I suspect would have happened if it were here in the States) but...the cover has been blown on a lot of sides and that seems like the situation is surely awfully volatile, no?

Has this already been noted?

First:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...s-against-father/story-fnihsrf2-1226881974862
As police confirmed they were considering retribution as a motive, close friends described a threat against Garth that was so serious it was officially reported.

Then:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/qld/a/22608501/little-chloe-taken-over-dads-drug-debt/
Family friend Melissa Small told 7News Chloe's father was threatened nine weeks ago. He told his brother he was in serious trouble but didn't go to the police.

BBM

Hahaha ... why does that not surprise me! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

But at least I remembered that Amee asked for the sunrise info :wink: (yeah, right!)

BBM...

I thought I was the only one that did that....

:laughcry:

NBN TV news: Chloe Campbell's family has denied that she was taken over a drug debt.

Garth was seen talking to a "well known"' figure on the street before Chloe was taken.

Police say they will make an arrest shortly!!!

Or was it self-appointed? Or even MSM appointed?

(Also hello, I'm new. :blushing: Well I'm not, I've been sporadically reading since ABC went missing but finally signed up this morning because I couldn't sit on my hands any longer!)

:wagon:

Did the police press conference/update end up happening?

Whoops I think I missed a page of posts - going back to read now.

7 News.

Police have confirmed it was a targeted attack.

Garth did not go to police after the threat 9 weeks ago.

Chloe did not tell family OR police that daddy's friends took her.

Tammy and garth interviewed separately today.

7 News.

BBM - So we should start hearing some truths soon :banghead:

7 News.

So Chloe never said that daddy's friends took her. This "information" was fed to the media by "friends". The drug stuff all came from "friends" as well. So if the "daddys friends" bit is not true, is the drug debt true? What is the motive of the people telling bulldust to the media?

Garth was seen talking to a "well known"' figure on the street before Chloe was taken.

Police say they will make an arrest shortly!!!

Have released this well known figure's name?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

'Cowards' took Chloe: Qld police

April 14, 2014, 3:52 pm

[quote]"We'd ask anyone who's travelled through here in the last few months if they've seen anything strange or unusual to call us."

Det Insp McNab said he did not want to fuel rumours that Chloe knew her abductors.
[/quote]

BBM."In the last few months." ???

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/22637964/cowards-took-chloe-qld-police/

So Chloe never said that daddy's friends took her. This "information" was fed to the media by "friends". The drug stuff all came from "friends" as well. So if the "daddys friends" bit is not true, is the drug debt true? What is the motive of the people telling bulldust to the media?

IMO it's not all bulldust, I just think that they couldn't keep their friends quiet.

Now they've had a couple of days to 'try' and arrange what they are going to tell the Police - don't think they'll have much success with that though.

IMO it's not all bulldust, I just think that they couldn't keep their friends quiet.

Now they've had a couple of days to 'try' and arrange what they are going to tell the Police - don't think they'll have much success with that though.

It is all so confusing- pity help the investigating police!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77