Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The satchel bag has long straps on it and Jane has it slung over so it was resting just behind a hip on the back of her jeans, almost looks like a black pocket. It's definitely there in the footage.

I can't believe how many posts we have had about this darn bag

That's how we roll here. Next will be the impact of her perm chemicals on DNA testing and an offshoot will be scouring local hairdressers to confirm that it was in fact natural curls.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm not sure that anything too useful can come from over-analysing either the style of JRs bag or the 'Eagles Nest' FB comment. Anyway I'm totally hooked on this thread & will be until I return to work, so carry on 😀

PS That's not to say that I won't keep reading when I'm back at work, but not sure I'll be able to read every post

I suppose one reason people are over-analysing somewhat is the fact that police were so secretive for so long.

The big Q now must still be, where is SS?

This is freaking me out seeing this guy (CSK) taking photos (at least that's how it looks to me. Sort of leaning back. Could be about to fall down drunk, who knows!). Remember I suggested in the previous Thread 10 #908 that the CSK may have posed as a photographer, handed out fake business card to JR earlier in the night at OBH and said he had a job to do first (a wedding or whatever) and that he'd catch up later "Where will you be, beautiful? Oh, Wow, what a coincidence, I've got to go there to take photos for The Sunday Times/West Social Pages, would love to have a gorgeous photogenic girl like you in a photo. In those days very few cameras about other than professionals at night , no mobiles with cameras, so if you saw a cameraman taking pictures in a pub you'd think nothing of it, not as privacy conscious as we are today. He could have said, come back to my place so I can show you my studio, have all my equipment at a house near here, then I can take you home. Don't tell ya mates, I want you all to myself. (sick , but I could imagine this kind of chat up line). As I suggested before the serial killer in USA The Butcher Baker who killed at least 17 women and raped another 30 (could have killed at least 38 as he had maps showing burials/bodies left with just leaves and twigs over them, all over the place). See link below if you want to check out this horrible guy. What's to say our CSK didn't study various other killers of the past, he certainly sounds a lot like this bloke! Different methods for different girls. Hideous.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2731559/Alaska-serial-killer-dies-decades-murders.html

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that BRE took the photos for the LA...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure Sutton, I respect your possible theory too .
Im open minded to a blitz type abduction theory too . It was getting a little boring to read the Newer Sleuths teams Revised cctv analysis . And i just put down a fresh new theory while the topic was hot

I'm taking your lead with discussing method of attack. We know of five attacks: Huntington, Karrakatta, Sarah, Jane, Ciara. We only know the method in two of those--Huntington, which was a surprise (very similar to blitz) and Karrakatta, which was blitz.

I think several of the other attempted assaults were committed by BE--the subway and drive-in, but probably others, as well. Those were blitz and surprise, respectively.

Finally, these articles all mention Jane being spotted away from the Conti:

1. [Jane] was last seen in Stirling Highway, near Loch Street.
PDF of this article is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Western-Australia-5&p=12762717#post12762717

2. Between those two disappearances Jane Rimmer (23) was apparently abducted from Stirling Highway closer to Perth
Here is a screenshot of part of Serial killer squad in printer probe:
e5b0c5973a7c7f65fddafd7f812c2f3d.png

3. And, finally, this article, uploaded by Paper, which claims 13 people saw someone fitting Jane's description walking alone, and refers to a woman walking between Bayview Terrace and Dalkieth Road.
b362190a39100be0bf86a7bc360e502e.png

But I'd love to hear your argument for a con abduction, if that's where you're leaning.

That second photo definitely looks like him, but not like Jane. I'm surprised how recognisable whoever X back that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

d8c0f703fa1126b851603a316e8c6d8e.jpg

Edited By.Me photo from Google of jane .

Contrary to some opinions about the VICTIMs looks .
I find in the cctv footage she looks extremely attractive.
she may have unfortunately caught the attention of the csk as she waits out the front of hotel at midnight , at this moment his black heart pulses and thinks to go for his premeditated plan to take "a victim" (jmo).
Watching cctv of her standing out the front is rather perverse to watch imo . the way drunken singles are milling around uninhibited thats when the csk wanted her to be his victim, it would be a victory over those certain male competitors too. But he had the New Car for pulling power , impressive enough for success .
I think we all agree the chance of a car pickup is most highest ?
Imo ,There was more than a few guys there at that time who had noticed her vulnerable position & fancied "rescuing" her from being alone .
At that time, I think the only reason she was not witnessed departing was because of the annebriation of the bystanders .

Question still is ;
how did she "dissappear" from the cameras view , Where Did she go?
Theories ?

"New Car for pulling power" hmmm He had a station wagon. I don't think I'd be too impressed by a guy in a station wagon, new or old, unless maybe vintage. Some of the patrons of these bars parents' drove Rolls Royces so I don't think they'd be too impressed by a station wagon. He can't have 'planned' to use his car as pulling power surely? People who drove station wagons were 'parents'.
I wonder if he told them he was 'on his way to pick up his wife (baby seat in the back - wife at work, at a friend's house...) I can give you a lift on the way', and victims thought this was a safe ride?
Or he could have watched them at the various bars from a distance, gotten to know some 'names' and thrown one of their friend's name at them i.e. 'Sarah' told me you're catching a cab on your own and to come and give you a lift. Being a little intoxicated they fell for it. JMO.
(Sarah is not a real person, this is a scenario only).

She wasnt getting a taxi. She was waiting for someone. MM it appears.
Yet she didnt leave with him either it seems. All i can gather is he was getting his car or yelled out for her to follow from further down the street

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I agree because she let three others get in a cab that came well after she had posted herself there. She was waiting for MM, I think they had an arrangement to meet there. He's quickly walked past her, said he's going to get the car he'll pick her up in five minutes or something. He's a bit late so she's checking her watch. Parked up the road or over the road in the car park and yelled out for her to come over from there when the timing was right for him.

d8c0f703fa1126b851603a316e8c6d8e.jpg

Edited By.Me photo from Google of jane .

Contrary to some opinions about the VICTIMs looks .
I find in the cctv footage she looks extremely attractive.
she may have unfortunately caught the attention of the csk as she waits out the front of hotel at midnight , at this moment his black heart pulses and thinks to go for his premeditated plan to take "a victim" (jmo).
Watching cctv of her standing out the front is rather perverse to watch imo . the way drunken singles are milling around uninhibited thats when the csk wanted her to be his victim, it would be a victory over those certain male competitors too. But he had the New Car for pulling power , impressive enough for success .
I think we all agree the chance of a car pickup is most highest ?
Imo ,There was more than a few guys there at that time who had noticed her vulnerable position & fancied "rescuing" her from being alone .
At that time, I think the only reason she was not witnessed departing was because of the annebriation of the bystanders .

Question still is ;
how did she "dissappear" from the cameras view , Where Did she go?
Theories ?

Jane simply crossed the road to get her lift and she was out of view of the cameras.

thanks - I really didn't pick up on the significance :),

We almost need a separate video thread!

There was a lot of discussion about MM walk but this seemed to be about him walking away from JR. Then I noticed MM actually walking toward JR and almost loitering or stalling before reaching her. I think this will show his walk well in a good video

While JR is waiting and looking at her watch, a car appears behind her. She doesn't acknowledge it. Based on this I don't think she was waiting for a ride. If you were out there waiting to be picked up you would naturally turn when you hear a car approaching.

Jane simply crossed the road to get her lift and she was out of view of the cameras.

I agree, she had been waiting at the pole for a while, kept leaning onto the road & looking both ways, checking her watch, definitely waiting for a ride.

I tend to agree, because St the beginning of the footage she leaves the lamppost into the middle of the road as if she's looking for a particular care turning up. She probably did same later and crossed the road to get in it, or saw it parking and walked over to it.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

While JR is waiting and looking at her watch, a car appears behind her. She doesn't acknowledge it. Based on this I don't think she was waiting for a ride. If you were out there waiting to be picked up you would naturally turn when you hear a car approaching.

I noticed that too, but she may have seen that car approaching from a distance, or trying to play it cool when the car arrived?

There are all age groups, members from all sorts of backgrounds, different countries. We may need to type, 'mini satchel type bag'. Different generations have different names for colour shades. Also difficult for younger members to know what what technology etc., was available years ago.
The victims clothing wasn't accurate either. You'd expect the Press and Police to release high quality images of each clothing item to help jolt the publics memory. No such thing.

Just my opinion :)

I'm taking your lead with discussing method of attack. We know of five attacks: Huntington, Karrakatta, Sarah, Jane, Ciara. We only know the method in two of those--Huntington, which was a surprise (very similar to blitz) and Karrakatta, which was blitz.

I think several of the other attempted assaults were committed by BE--the subway and drive-in, but probably others, as well. Those were blitz and surprise, respectively.

Finally, these articles all mention Jane being spotted away from the Conti:

1. [Jane] was last seen in Stirling Highway, near Loch Street.
Brb...

2. Between those two disappearances Jane Rimmer (23) was apparently abducted from Stirling Highway closer to Perth
Here is a screenshot of part of Serial killer squad in printer probe:
e5b0c5973a7c7f65fddafd7f812c2f3d.png

3. And, finally, this article, uploaded by Paper, which claims 13 people saw someone fitting Jane's description walking alone, and refers to a woman walking between Bayview Terrave and Dalkieth Road.
34ad4df6ff8153354bde58219db9938e.png

To continue with that, the CrimeStoppers profile on JR:

"Jane and her friends didn’t enter the nightclub, instead they decided to catch a cab to a friend’s place where they would continue to party. As they got to the taxi rank near the Continental Hotel, Jane informed her friends that she didn’t want to go home and without any more explanation, she walked off back to the Continental.
Her friends jumped in a cab and pulled up outside the Continental and yelled over to Jane who was standing outside to join them but she declined.
At about midnight, Jane is sighted on security camera footage outside the Continental.
Jane remained outside the Continental Hotel for another 2½ minutes.
At about 4 minutes past midnight , the security footage changes view and when it returns to where Jane was standing she is no longer in view.
Police have several possible sightings of Jane in the immediate vicinity but nothing is confirmed."

I am of the opinion that SS, JR & CG weren't 'blitz attacks'...

I've compiled a timeline of screenshots of available CCTV footage, based on all the recent posts fellow Sleuthers have made. I have used the actual time-stamps on the footage so the timing is accurate in my notes. I am not suggesting anything by this, it is simply a compilation of many different posts. Make of it what you will...

attachment.php

Footage links: https://youtu.be/hbbg-FVij4c https://youtu.be/eTpMkQV_bfk
Most of those people you have captioned as MM, have not been confirmed as MM. They may or may not be. I think we should stop referring to other people in the video as MM.

Just like the stairway man is not confirmed to be MM.

Please note as per Sutton's suggestion, I have changed my notes from "MM" to "PMM" ("Possibly MM") in the attached CCTV timeline summary. The actual time-stamps from the CCTV are in the notes & the images are in time order. Please let me know if you have any additions or changes need to be made.
attachment.php

Attachments

• JR Footage Timeline2.jpg
    JR Footage Timeline2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 410
4abe15c1c14f863169c2bbf7d5deafea.jpg
a car going past jane on cctv . Does she look at it ? ( Credit to whoever framed pic )

"New Car for pulling power" hmmm He had a station wagon. I don't think I'd be too impressed by a guy in a station wagon, new or old, unless maybe vintage. Some of the patrons of these bars parents' drove Rolls Royces so I don't think they'd be too impressed by a station wagon. He can't have 'planned' to use his car as pulling power surely? People who drove station wagons were 'parents'.
I wonder if he told them he was 'on his way to pick up his wife (baby seat in the back - wife at work, at a friend's house...) I can give you a lift on the way', and victims thought this was a safe ride?
Or he could have watched them at the various bars from a distance, gotten to know some 'names' and thrown one of their friend's name at them i.e. 'Sarah' told me you're catching a cab on your own and to come and give you a lift. Being a little intoxicated they fell for it. JMO.
(Sarah is not a real person, this is a scenario only).
Poor choice of name considering the scenario...jmo

d566d7842db93d1785c4437449493ada.jpg
zoomed in picture of bre wearing hood . Source msn google .posted first by #mandy.m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper