Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Michelle that Droc talks a lot about (Websleuths Claremont Killer #2 first couple of pages) was a prostitute, heroin addict, involved in Claremont murders, had done worse than what CSK has ever done, had boyfriend, flew in and out of Perth regularly and after each Claremont killing, from Tasmania?, friends with Droc but not intimate - although he would have liked an intimate relationship with her - if this lady exists she would be a real piece of work! The mind boggles as to who and what she is into! That's if she is real and not a figment of Drocs imagination. MOO
ps - she was in jail for drug dealing. Also lured women into taxis for her boyfriend and last but not least was into organising snuff movies! Charming😬 MOO

Born in Liverpool, from Belfast. Interesting.
ps. Liverpool culture and dialect origins from Irish dock workers.
Ironically protesting was going on to bring Yagans head back from Liverpool during the murders. Its purely coincidence. Don't over think it.

Crabstick said:
Mr McGinty was in his role as attorney-general when Greer's parole was first considered in 2001 and said he considered deporting the Liverpool-born Greer but the board rejected parole on the basis that it needed to protect the larger community, not just in Western Australia.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/mason-murderer-will-remain-inside-mcginty-20110303-1bgak.html

Crabstick said:
Mr Dawson told the inquest the information regarding Rochford's connection to the Lawrence murder was leaked to the media by a former police officer, who was the husband of a forensics officer involved in the review.

That officer was later stood down after a CCC investigation.

Mr Dawson said he was concerned about the security of the information revealing Rochford's identity, which he described as "explosive".

Once police media officers became aware of Short's intention to broadcast Rochford's identity, Mr Dawson sought advice from Director of Public Prosecutions Robert *advertiser censored* on seeking an injunction to stop media reporting Rochford's name.
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/abc-ignored-police-pleas-20080723-3jp3.html

Yep slashed wrists, although early reports appeared to be hanging in cell. Maybe poor early media reporting. But what's your point?

Yeah, so a suspect in a very very high profile case has the instrument to slash his wrists in prison before he could appear. More incompetence.

His identity is leaked by a police officer to the media who has a husband in forensics in the review. He kills himself. Not a good look.

Rochford found in cell hanging?
Where did you get that from?
What does the Coroners report say about the cause of death for Rochford?

Lorrin Whitehead #lorrinwhitehead
Be interesting the see any future trial correlations to Drocs comments

The Michelle that Droc talks a lot about (Websleuths Claremont Killer #2 first couple of pages) was a prostitute, heroin addict, involved in Claremont murders, had done worse than what CSK has ever done, had boyfriend, flew in and out of Perth regularly and after each Claremont killing, from Tasmania?, friends with Droc but not intimate - although he would have liked an intimate relationship with her - if this lady exists she would be a real piece of work! The mind boggles as to who and what she is into! That's if she is real and not a figment of Drocs imagination. MOO
ps - she was in jail for drug dealing. Also lured women into taxis for her boyfriend and last but not least was into organising snuff movies! Charming�� MOO

ps - she was in jail for drug dealing. Also lured women into taxis for her boyfriend and last but not least was into organising snuff movies! Charming�� MOO
And the boyfriends first name?

A group of heroin users that hung around with a Fremantle tatooist were know to operate in the area. (p16)

Train surveilance showed bandanna wearing man with two Aboriginal males. The drug squad advised the team that a known junkie down the road was obtaining heroin from a man convicted of murdering a woman.
https://books.google.com.au/books?i...age&q="andrew mallard" slept on couch&f=false
1vkbuj.jpg

Yep slashed wrists, although early reports appeared to be hanging in cell. Maybe poor early media reporting. But what's your point?

My point is, you posted that Rochford was found in cell hanging.

You made no mention of the fact that the Coroners report says he slashed his wrists and his neck and was found in his bed.
With no mention of any hanging in the Coroners report.

You provide no link to any media reports that mention anything about him appearing to be hanging in his cell, or even rumoured to be found hanging.
That's my point.

Has anyone read anymore about what DNA evidence and other general evidence WAPOL will use to convict the accused?

I'm worried [emoji30]

Iirc the evidence that we've been told so far includes:
1. DNA from KK victim
2. DNA from CG
3. Car upholstery fibres found on JR.
4. DNA from Kimono

Anything else on this list that I've missed?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

True, DNA from multiple sources though. There is a truck load of witnesses however and mounting evidence.

Has anyone read anymore about what DNA evidence and other general evidence WAPOL will use to convict the accused?
Iirc the evidence that we've been told so far includes:
1. DNA from KK victim
2. DNA from CG
3. Car upholstery fibres found on JR.
4. DNA from Kimono
Anything else on this list that I've missed?

True, DNA from multiple sources though. There is a truck load of witnesses however and mounting evidence.

Maybe we could list some of the main witnesses here?

Not necessarily their names, but who they are in relation to case. For eg) 3 guys at bus stop

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

What other "mounting evidence" do you know about?

There is mention of Michelles alleged boyfriend in the investigation posted by Pete Davo. No record of him on the internet. Apparently he stayed.at her flat from time to time.

What did Michelle do for work? The seedy world of drugs.
Do you mean the former boyfriend?

Some of the other witnesses in this Mallard report were much more interesting characters, than Michelle IMO. There were a Satan worshipper living in the flat opposite Flora Metallica, a lot that were drug affected, and others that would've been well known at Central Law Courts and Canning Vale. For instance, Michael Buhagiar was so bent that he couldn't even remember what time home and away was on.
It seems Rocheford got away with murder, because police couldn't accept that any of the witnesses in Mosman Park actually saw Rocheford.

For instance Lloyd Pierce gave a pretty good description of Rocheford seen running away , yet Lloyd immediately became a suspect instead because of his record.

http://netk.net.au/MallardHome.asp
57d2012b3b1a936a0bcde184012e4911.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Hey does anyone know why there's CCTV footage of Jane Rimmer, but none of the other suspected CSK victims?

SS there was no footage of because no one ever suspected anything would happen in Claremont. I read with CG via a library source that the footage didn't show her leaving the Continental.

Was 616 Stirling highway two story? Did Michelle live above the French restaurant?
"Police want to speak Man and woman leaving Parmelia hotel after Cutler at a Parmelia hotelier party."

So who else was doing heroin?

Mystery Man looked incredibly skinny in the Rimmer video. I cant remember my comment regarding the draping shirt.

By lunch time there was mounting evidence on a man living above a restaurant (p16) [Mallard Case]

Title: Murderer No More: Andrew Mallard and the Epic Fight That Proved His Innocence
https://books.google.com.au/books?i...ouch&pg=PA24#v=snippet&q="lunch time"&f=false

Was 616 Stirling highway two story? Did Michelle live above the French restaurant?
"Police want to speak Man and woman leaving Parmelia hotel after Cutler at a Parmelia hotelier party."

This may help a wider audience why this area is being discussed.

Wider mapping including some of the surrounding flats. French is the French restaurant owned by the Geneste family.

Please note, to the south east there is large apartment towers built in the 1960s. There is two sets of flats in this immediate area.

This is also the intersection Lance Williams dropped off the undercover police woman.

The carpark behind Greer is in the vicinity of where Sharon Mason attended Iona along with 2 main victims, although speculation Jane Rimmer had a connection with Iona.

The three main suspected victims were all allegedly heading in this direction to Mosman park from Claremont. So was Julie Cutler.

lawrence-map-csk.jpg

Have a look at your map you posted yesterday. The flats are already marked. The carpark is between the flats and Flora Metallica which you have marked Lawrence. The former French restaurant is in a single story building. However the flats on Stirling Hwy probably would look straight over the restaurant, so could be described as 'above', but not be actually above.

Yeah, sure, Ill find one. One photo is a school photo I think but more than likely source is from TV news.

I haven't a source I'm afraid. Weird when early reports mentioned this. The news being before internet may be part of the problem. A library may help.

Fancy murdering your employee, a young girl and not contemplating becoming a suspect.

Sharon Mason went to a Public School not a private one. I knew someone that lived in the same apartments as her at the time. I tried to find out which one but didn't have any luck. The High schools pre 2000 servicing the area would have been Hollywood High or Swanbourne Senior High School.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenton_College

Seems to me like the ideal place to put a body. Would police have to be given a lead about a body in a septic tank? There are so many I don't think they would routinely check. In all the above cases were the bodies found accidentally or were cops involved in looking there? I wonder would the public have been told if something was found relating to CSK case or would the information be hidden until trial? MOO

Mmmm, Centenary drive, Bentley, adjacent Curtain University, aka WAIT (Cutler), not far from Rayneys boot scooting.
Interesting Cutler went missing 1988, year of bicentenary celebrations

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=..._occt=any&safe=images&as_filetype=&as_rights=

Lady abducted from near the Fenian's pub in Adelaide Tce and dumped wrapped in plastic at Centenary Drive Wilson?

Seems to me like the ideal place to put a body. Would police have to be given a lead about a body in a septic tank? There are so many I don't think they would routinely check. In all the above cases were the bodies found accidentally or were cops involved in looking there? I wonder would the public have been told if something was found relating to CSK case or would the information be hidden until trial? MOO

Ronald Leslie Pennington, 82, is accused of murdering or unlawfully killing Mrs Anderson-Slater some time after her disappearance on July 12, 1992 and burying her body in the backyard of his Woodlands home.

Her remains were uncovered by excavators in February last year, 19 years after she went missing and long after Mr Pennington had retired in Tasmania.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/w...-suspected-murder-accused-20120319-1vfzw.html
Sharon Mason went to a Public School not a private one. I knew someone that lived in the same apartments as her at the time. I tried to find out which one but didn't have any luck. The High schools pre 2000 servicing the area would have been Hollywood High or Swanbourne Senior High School.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shenton_College
Both these schools are some distance away. I do recall making this error before.

Awesome work! Devil Worshipping, heroin.

Some of the other witnesses in this Mallard report were much more interesting characters, than Michelle IMO. There were a Satan worshipper living in the flat opposite Flora Metallica, a lot that were drug affected, and others that would've been well known at Central Law Courts and Canning Vale. For instance, Michael Buhagiar was so bent that he couldn't even remember what time home and away was on.
It seems Rocheford got away with murder, because police couldn't accept that any of the witnesses in Mosman Park actually saw Rocheford.

For instance Lloyd Pierce gave a pretty good description of Rocheford seen running away , yet Lloyd immediately became a suspect instead because of his record.

http://netk.net.au/MallardHome.asp
57d2012b3b1a936a0bcde184012e4911.jpg

Looks to me like there could be correlations between wild weather storms and murders . Vanessa Devlin was brutally murdered during the remarkable storm in 1988 iirc.
Something to research further , and will report back about it if find anything . Horses often break fences and go crazy during bad storms, im certain of that.

<modsnip>

REPORT ON THE SEVERE STORM OF 23/24 MAY 1994
OVER THE SOUTHWEST OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA
L.A. McCready and B.N. Hanstrum
IR Loop

1. INTRODUCTION
"On the evening of 23 May 1994, through until the early hours of the following morning, a severe windstorm battered the southwest of Western Australia causing widespread damage, particularly in coastal communities between Mandurah and Geraldton. The strongest sustained winds occurred for a period of about an hour around 2000 WST , but violent squalls in showers continued on throughout the night. The impact of the storm was made more considerable in that it followed a long period of dry stable conditions over much of the southwest of the state

<modsnip>

[...]

http://www.waweathergroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2481

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jacob/94storm.html

9024434de55bc68e19465faf50ae2e26.jpg

73657d1a2afa1d2424d6b9f623360562.jpg

Julie Cutler went missing Monday 20 June 1988

Corryn Rayney went missing August 8th

Robyn Paton Santen went missing August 8th

There have been umpteen posts which mention an Irish connection. Offhand Arthur Greer was born in Belfast; CG had Irish parents and the IONA College. I&#8217;m going to have a look at the various Irish pubs and their locations. Can anyone think of any former Irish clubs or pubs located within the Claremont area?
There&#8217;s Irish pubs in Fremantle and Northbridge including an Irish Club in Subiaco. Located two suburbs NE of Claremont Subiaco also hosts nightlife.

Like Australians the Irish celebrate the same days but especially St Patricks Day. Other Irish holidays are listed below. https://en.wikipedia.org

17 March St Patrick&#8217;s Day

May - First Monday in May

June - First Monday in June (formerly Whit Monday)

August - First Monday in August

October - Last Monday in October

Awesome work! Devil Worshipping, heroin.

https://youtu.be/yGUH4prJcXc

Collection of News Footage from 1997 after CG went missing before she was found....

I seem to recall a discussion a while back around the location of phone boxes at the time. I can't recall if it was resolved, but at 4:05 into the footage in this link it shows a set of phone boxes adjacent to the Claremont Post Office. This is opposite the hotel right? So, if you were to call a taxi or make another type of phone call is this where JR would have gone? (Or were taxis stopping out the front and you wouldn't need to call for one?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966