Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have both parts of this article copied and pasted in full but it is way too long for the thread. If DRT cant find an accessible copy, I can forward it via PM or I'll post it if people want to see it. I dont have a link either though.
Hi no name

I have a text only library version of many Australian and World Newspapers dates provided vary but tend to be equivalent to online versions that are available. The West Australian version I have is from July or August in 2016 so can access data after JR's body was found but not immediately after she died. I am unable to link but can provide details if there is an unreadable article. I will work at paraphrasing the article as it is too long to post or send via PM

Does any one know what the misleading was about or can anyone get into this article.

[h=3]The Age from Melbourne, Victoria on May 30, 1998 · Page 35[/h]https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/123042319/

May 30, 1998 - Last seen at 2.06am at a telephone booth on the Stirling Highway, Claremont JaneLouise RIMMER Age: 23 Occupation: Child-care worker On 8 June 1 996, .... The taskforce suffered a setback when its . then head, Senior Sergeant Paul Ferguson, was removed and charged later with misleading a special
I have both parts of this article copied and pasted in full but it is way too long for the thread. If DRT cant find an accessible copy, I can forward it via PM or I'll post it if people want to see it. I dont have a link either though.
Hi no name

I have a text only library version of many Australian and World Newspapers dates provided vary but tend to be equivalent to online versions that are available. The West Australian version I have is from July or August in 2016 so can access data after JR's body was found but not immediately after she died. I am unable to link but can provide details if there is an unreadable article. I will work at paraphrasing the article as it is too long to post or send via PM
Easiest way to fix the issue is to save the document as a PDF file, giving it the file name of the Newspaper, article heading, page number and date of publication.
Then reply back on WS attaching it as an file, which will upload it onto WS cache servers.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Article describes the suburb of Claremont being for privately educated designer label understated wealth.
Rich kids have fun on a Friday and Saturday night at Club Bay View and the Continental.
Tim Winton's book is quoted.
Rumours that were going around Perth which have been previously mentioned.
Security in Fremantle commenced at taxi ranks.
The sensationalisation by the media criticised with "Serial Killer haunts Bay Watch"
The biggest ever murder investigation in Australia at one stage. 50000 phone calls.
Polygraphs for 54 people by US expert. Many finger printed. 1000's interviewed.
Media accused of hindering the case by publishing stories investigators did not want published.
The blame the victim mentality was mentioned. Girls still walking alone in Claremont affected by alcohol with short skirts.
2 1/2 years since SS went missing community still traumatised. The public want phones on the street and taxi ranks. Businesses don't want them in front of their building.
Disputes between the owner of CBV and the Conti vs the town council and mayor PW.
The removal of Paul Ferguson from Macro.
The taxi drivers being scapegoats. 80 losing their jobs. One Taxi driver saying" I always tell passengers a reporter did it"
Don Spiers 250 phone calls mainly from clairvoyants. This was a Post quote not direct from Don.
Attacks in Claremont are mentioned which have been quoted here previously:
NY Day 1994 a man dragged a woman from her car, attempted rape

3 months earlier 31 year old caught a taxi from the club. Man hiding in back seat, she jumped from car and broke leg.
Feb 1995 KK
Jan 1996 SS mention it was not investigated as a full blown murder investigation but a sinister disappearance
3 March 1996 a 21-year-old woman was indecently assaulted in a lane behind Club Bay View, which she had left about 2am. Her head had been bashed six times against a brick wall and her skirt ripped off.
Taxis being hard to find in Claremont. Drivers didn't want to go there. Customers vomited in taxis. People slept in vehicles and walked and hitched rides.
8 June 1996 police still processing 80,000 pieces of information.
3 August 1996 JR body found. Killed and dumped within hours of the abduction. Watch being found which held vital clues which police wouldn't disclose.
CG description 10 days after she returned to Australia left continental just after 12 and last seen 12.15.
CGs body been found semi clothed.
Last week (article date 30 May 1998) replicas were posted of SS and CG's jewellery.
Finally for part 1 details PW loss of Mayor position with Denis Glennon suggesting he didn't do enough to protect the girls.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/12540600/hunt_for_a_serial/
The link has a text option which gives part of the article if that helps.

Easiest way to fix the issue is to save the document as a PDF file, giving it the file name of the Newspaper, article heading, page number and date of publication.
Then reply back on WS attaching it as an file, which will upload it onto WS cache servers.

Thanks. I checked the terms and conditions of the site and I don't have permission to share full articles.

Let''s not forget this man is alleged to be a vicious rapist and serial killer either, please. The image of a self deprecating, funny bloke BRE is a great example of profilers saying words to the affect that when the Claremont Serial Killer is found, everyone will be shocked at how ordinary he is and how well he fits into the community.

John Wayne Gacy also liked to dress up as a clown for childrens birthday parties. "Everybody loves a clown."
Ted Bundy was also a dedicated volunteer, tirelessly working the suicide hotlines.
BTK went to church a lot. etc etc

It may be that BRE is a rare one that managed somehow, to completely stop indulging his worst fantasies we'll have to wait and see but I think we all know that while they may have breaks, that beast is still lurking in there somewhere.

Sorry, can't afford warm fuzzies here.
The Accused appeared to reference Gacy on his FB when writing "Everybody loves a clown" and also proceeded to make the 'killer clown' his FB cover photo - there is also a reference to being available for "Kids parties and Bar mitzvah's" above image. (JIMO)

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100012368418165

http://www.dailyedge.ie/killer-clown-prank-returns-1521606-Jun2014/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFLe1-U0kkk

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.58.02 pm.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 5.58.02 pm.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 181
Along the lines of SS being buried at the speedway site - I mentioned in a post a day or so ago that the car the police are looking for presently tied into SS case could have been used in the speedway demolition derby. What are people’s thoughts on this? MOO

I will try again. The speedway was closed before the vehicle became unregistered.

You only have to look at the woman that was lured to check a persons back seat of the Commodore in search of car keys.
The full story hasn't come out yet.
I agree there are some other crimes that appear they may possibly be related but until someone has been charged for these it is not for us to write the story as though it simply is yet to be told.
If you've ever sat in on a criminal trial, you'd realise the chances of the full story ever being told are slim to none.
You can draw parallels and make assumed connections all day long but in the light of day come trial, most will never be seen. Maybe sticking to the known facts would be a more reliable position to assume.

The Accused appeared to reference Gacy on his FB when writing "Everybody loves a clown" and also proceeded to make the 'killer clown' his FB cover photo - there is also a reference to being available for "Kids parties and Bar mitzvah's" above image. (JIMO)

attachment.php

Why does he use the term 'Bar Mitzvah'? Is there a Jewish connection?
I think using Gacy's words are very revealing.

I will try again. The speedway was closed before the vehicle became unregistered.
But it moved to Kwinana Motorplex. Near the Spectacles. Didn't PCS go on a search around there, because of the Claremont Ghost video clues?

attachment.php

Exactly what I thought Spinnaker. Gave me the creeps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can answer this one, I think. It's kind of a showbiz type saying: "I'm available for weddings, Bar Mitzvahs, funerals, the opening of an envelope!" meaning you'll do any show if they'll pay your fee. Don't think it's Jewish heritage, but who knows, the accused could have Jewish family links. This was when the "killer clown" thing was all the rage wasn't it? Clowns, even without the fangs, yikes! All that orange hair and pale skin, wait a minute...., ranga alert!

Forgot to add it also reminded me of the movie "IT" clown - but I've never seen the movie so I don't understand if there's any subtle reference to that. Someone else might.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hi aussiereader - I think “kids parties and Bar Mitzbah’s” is like the saying here “weddings,parties anything” MOO

I don't know if it's a coincidence or whether BRE knew his Serial Killer Clown subject well but John Wayne Gacy raised a Catholic, had Jewish heritage while being a racist and an anti semite.

If you knew that, you wouldn't hire him as a clown for your kids Bar Mitzvah.

There has been a lot written on this thread about the speedway including supposition that BRE even worked at the speedway and he committed the offence after going to the speedway. This has all been extrapolated from a solitary sticker on a motor vehicle in the driveway of his home. How do we know that was even his car in the driveway?

A single car sticker turned into a massive unsubstantiated theory. A lot of what i see on this thread appears to be nothing but voyeurism. Perhaps the thread should spend more time trying to find where SS body was dumped. Most of what i see posted the police will already know and will help not one little bit. There are two outstanding issues that should be brainstormed. There are features to suggest that SS abduction is not the same as the other abductions. Maybe a taxi was involved with SS.

Where is SS
Was BRE even responsible for SS

The taxi involvement is the theory that make sense because of the time of her phoning for a cab and the designate cab arriving

I do not think there was enough time to abduct someone and be gone in that time .... if there was a fake cab as such you would not have to ask anyone to get in the car , pull up , they get in , you drive away

You would not have to know if the person had called a cab , if they hadn't they would not get in , but sooner or later someone would

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper