Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to be Sarah Spiers... Killer called Don Spiers and told him his daughter was in an area of bushland that was 5600 hectares. Westonia is 5600 hectares.

Could be a gold prospector or someone who worked in mining. Pretty sure is a prospector and JudoMan been involved in mining industry.

Not long now...

there is a user on youtube who has commented on claremont vids before. they follow a bunch of car channels incl old holden car ones and a bunch of gold prospecting vids channels.

katta172

www.youtube.com/user/katta172

that youtube user also reads websleuths, particularly this thread cos they mentioned something about websleuths on a vid i posted a link to (of the abandoned claremont mental hospital).

attachment.php

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 251
But one phone call in particular has stayed with him - the only one he believes is genuine - and which either came from the killer or someone who knows them.

It was at 2am on a Sunday morning shortly after Sarah went missing. The caller asked him, "Are you Sarah's father?"Don won't give details of what the man said but he still believes it wasn't a hoax.
The caller gave him a location - 5600ha of dense land and bush. Don went there but the size of the location and the dense vegetation meant looking was "hopeless".

"Welcome to Westonia

Located in Western Australia's Wheatbelt, 316 kilometres east of Perth, 306 kilometres west of Kalgoorlie and 55 kilometres east of Merredin the Shire of Westonia is renowned for its stunning natural woodlands, breathtaking granite outcrops, beautiful wildflowers and vast open skies.
The shire population consists of approximately 277 people spread across an area of 3,268 square kilometres and includes the towns of Walgoolan, Carrabin, Warralakin and the main centre Westonia. Westonia's main industries are broadacre wheat and sheep farming, and gold mining.

Westonia Common

The Westonia Common is 5600ha of salmon gum, morrell and gimlet woodlands of exceptional quality and area. The vast area which is the Common has many places worth exploring. Whether your interests lay with wildflowers, birds, woodlands or fossicking through old miners dumps, you are sure to find a place that captures your imagination in the Common."

http://www.westonia.wa.gov.au/

Have any of you read books or articles written by Debi Marshall on other cases? Is it unusual for her book on Claremont to have contained so many factual inaccuracies?

Would the fibres recovered from JR's body be admissible in court, having been lost for so long? Surely a decent lawyer could argue that there could be doubt over them being the actual fibres found on Jane.

I find it interesting that WAPOL have come out and denied that they ignored 8 hours of footage. They havent confirmed or denied anything else- why are they so keen that this information get out there? I wonder if it was a deliberate leak in the first place, to allow the police the opportunity to publicly deny it. Makes me wonder just what is on that tape.

Good summary and includes some of the rumours which may or may not be true, but if true paint a very good picture of the possible scenarios.

I don't think the CSK necessary worked as a hunter, if you cut the victims throat then its a way of almost certainly ensuring their death. If you strangled the victims first and moved them to their dump locations, slicing their throats is a way of making sure you don't leave a witness. Maybe after Karrakatta the CSK was terrified and the throat slicing comes into play at this point. The victims were all found some time after they were killed so its unlikely in Western Australia's climate that any evidence would have been left on any plant/sand. The area is too harsh and extreme so surely the water run off and also the harsh conditions would have made finding evidence that they were killed at the site almost impossible to determine. If they were found within a few days then it may have been possible to make a determination whether the victims had their throats cut at the dumpsite, but definitely not after the time they were found.

Sarah was dumped in summer too so I wonder if he took more care and placed her alot further away, eg. Rural WA, to hide any evidence and likely hood of a walking passerby finding the body, would make sense if this new discovery turns out to be Sarah Spiers 3 hrs east of Perth. Less chance of rain washing any evidence away and more likely animals would consume the remains.

I think he probably accidently killed Ciara and then just dumped the body and didnt bother going to the interim location, or maybe he did hoping she would regain conciousness, she didnt and because she was not 'alive' could not get any gratification out of the situation and moved on to his ultimate fantasy, taking the girl to the dump site, slicing her throat, and dumping her in a place and covering her so she may not be seen very easily for a substantial amount of time eg. when the evidence was mostly gone.

Point 1 doesnt need much eplaining. Traditionally abductions were typically 'blitz' attacks from Vans pulling up beside a victim and someone running out of the side door, tackling the victim before binding them or disarming them and basically throwing them into the Van. This is actually more than likely similar to how Gerard Ross vanished (A forgotten WA case that never made a Coronial Inquest sadly. Poor kid, not even our government could care to find the killer enough to give him an inquest, and this was before the CSK). However after reading the news articles from the CSK case and the recent articles surrounding Karrakatta and the new theory of 'blitz attack' then it seems likely the CSK method of abduction didnt change much from Karrakatta. Serial killers tend to keep to patterns that work and not change unless they feel they may be discovered. The Karrakatta abduction worked incredibly well and he got exactly what he wanted from the attack by the looks of it so its unlikely he changed this approach too much. That late at night it would have been obvious if someone was lurking around asking people if they needed a ride, straight away the element of surprise is lot and you have made yourself a number of witnesses that could lead to your identity being found. If this Person did this all the time it would be even more obvious. There were reports about the Police Officers son asking people if they needed lifts though, and he could have access tot he Commodore VS Series 1 'White' especially if that was a Police issued vehicle as the cops drove that exact vehicle in those days, so you never know, maybe the offer of a lift never worked, or only landed a male, and then you had to actually drive them home. The blitz atack guaranteed you got the victim you wanted, eg a female of a certain age, and no witnesses if done in a secluded car park behind a business late at night and you surpirsed that victim eg. Karrakatta

Good chance the killer has changed MO and has still raped/killed. Left the state and continued somewhere else, or just stayed under the radar to let the heat cool down, or simply felt he was about to be caught, and by pure luck and lack of any actual physical evidence has incredibly escaped capture, despite the Police thinking they know who it was.. All possible scenarios.

The son accessing his fathers cop car is a real possibility.

My older brother would hang around with a cops son, they would regularly joy ride in his fathers cop car when the father was out for the night. Unmarked VN pursuit vehicle.

This scenario could explain the commodore fibres, the possible willingness of the girls and potentially the willingness of the cops to cover things up.

I don't like the idea of a police cover up. This case is too big and too long. Maybe one cop tried to cover up but the whole of Macro would not cover on cop who made a small rookie mistake. As macro is evolved through multiple incarnations over two decades there's no way fresh cops would sustain the cover up.

Another news website explicitly stated that the area given to Don Spiers was the Gnangara Pine Plantation in Lexia. Don't ask me to give you a link because I didn't save it and I'd probably have to spend days trying to find it, that is if it's still there.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Been following this case for a while now and am amazed at the dedication and intensity of this particular community in WS.

Y'all are certainly devoted to the subject.

I think it was Parkie (top contributor btw) who made a couple of comments recently about the Red Dragon and so on.

I keep reading how intelligent and rat cunning this CSK apparently is so am sure they've read up on Ted Bundy.

If this is true, you'd have to think they either avoid the dentist like the plague (ew..trailer park look or halitosis supreme), have a premature set of falsies or had some work done where they think it can't be traced.

Thoughts?

Another news website explicitly stated that the area given to Don Spiers was the Gnangara Pine Plantation in Lexia. Don't ask me to give you a link because I didn't save it and I'd probably have to spend days trying to find it, that is if it's still there.

02-08-2016, 07:26 AM #450
aim2solve
aim2solve is offline Registered User

The area in question is the Lexia Pine Plantation near Gnangara.

aim2solve - can you explain how you know this? did you also read it in an article? thanks (sorry - am aware this is probably going round in circles - i read through few pages after this post of yours but couldn't find anything else to back it up)

Have any of you read books or articles written by Debi Marshall on other cases? Is it unusual for her book on Claremont to have contained so many factual inaccuracies?

Would the fibres recovered from JR's body be admissible in court, having been lost for so long? Surely a decent lawyer could argue that there could be doubt over them being the actual fibres found on Jane.

I find it interesting that WAPOL have come out and denied that they ignored 8 hours of footage. They havent confirmed or denied anything else- why are they so keen that this information get out there? I wonder if it was a deliberate leak in the first place, to allow the police the opportunity to publicly deny it. Makes me wonder just what is on that tape.

It depends on the circumstances in which the fibers were lost. I've heard there's a huge part of the police college at Joondalup dedicated to the thousands of items if evidence gathered during the macro inquiry. If the fibers were lost inside the storeroom/secure area for the evidence then I would say it's still admissible. If it's been lost say for instance in a detectives desk drawer then it's chain of custody can be argued in court and therefore it be deemed inadmissible.

It depends on the circumstances in which the fibers were lost. I've heard there's a huge part of the police college at Joondalup dedicated to the thousands of items if evidence gathered during the macro inquiry. If the fibers were lost inside the storeroom/secure area for the evidence then I would say it's still admissible. If it's been lost say for instance in a detectives desk drawer then it's chain of custody can be argued in court and therefore it be deemed inadmissible.

Thanks Green Devil - you are certainly on the money with your legalese and this is really insightful. Wasn't aware you'd returned from your tour in Afghanistan you mentioned - enjoy your R&R. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298