Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a ridiculously high amount of attacks IMO. Either one or two sex fiends on the loose targeting the area.

it would be interesting to have some comparable data from similar areas over a similar period of time around that era. You'd have to think that Northbridge/Highgate would naturally be more likely to have these types of attacks and therefore higher numbers. I wonder what the numbers would be for similar types of areas like say Subiaco or perhaps Leederville.

I'd imagine that if the numbers are significantly less then it leads far more credence to it being two or perhaps even just the one person doing all of these?

Great question nugget , ive found no evidence but was trying to find any proof to help give a better understanding about WAs history . Hopefully someone can answer this who has credibility . Imo there was a spate that escalated around the time of csk but don't have any statistics for reference . Do they have warning apps nowadays like for tagged sharks / reported sightings ? Nobody finds out until its too late in many cases , ie
A Bayley do they ?

layout app for photos

As with all investigations it's just speculation without evidence. It 'feels' like a high number to me (and I hope it is otherwise the alternative isn't worth considering). I wonder if there's any data available?

it would be interesting to have some comparable data from similar areas over a similar period of time around that era. You'd have to think that Northbridge/Highgate would naturally be more likely to have these types of attacks and therefore higher numbers. I wonder what the numbers would be for similar types of areas like say Subiaco or perhaps Leederville.

I'd imagine that if the numbers are significantly less then it leads far more credence to it being two or perhaps even just the one person doing all of these?
nuggett & bart right , an extreme spate and often there were lesser reported incidents that weren't front page news. Very interesting & I think LE have combed thru lots of the surrounding suburbs historical stats . Theres high chances the perps have been trouble with the law at a younger age imo

layout app for photos

snip
1. There's definitely a culdesac at the bottom of Stirling Rd. On Maps I also see some car parks next to it on Scotch property. I don't recall these.
2. On one hand if you're the taxi driver, Stirling Rd culdesac is a good spot, but so too is the golf course car park on Davies Rd.
3. A media report says she went to a house on Davies Rd. But we know we can't rely on media articles 100%, particularly ones that mention one-off details.
Rsbm
So I have no idea where the attack happened. It would be nice to have accurate info to put on that map but in the bid scheme of things I don't think it matters too much.
Rsbm
The taxi assault is the interesting one as it's a not only a different type of vehicle but it's a specific type of vehicle. It could be unrelated to the rest but also could either be the same guy set up a fake taxi, or the victim was very drunk and didn't realise it wasn't a taxi.

Bart , I had a look at the at the street that you had marked and agree its atypical area for this perp.
But Imo it is the stirling Road spot , as you noted the area is changed now with cars parked on the sc ovals. The "95 landgate pics show how previously there was a row of very big trees on that side. so its back to trying to find the old articles within the ws files atm

layout app for photos

001d670fc60f9e13ba2ad3a355d3d8d1.jpg

Just adding this for effect while gathering some of #papertrails source article archives about the davies rd incident & train station .
(Ps Bart you might have outsmarted me & im wrong about stirling road/davies rd assault location after all , have found Debi Marshalls references so far ...

layout app for photos

001d670fc60f9e13ba2ad3a355d3d8d1.jpg

Just adding this for effect while gathering some of #papertrails source article archives about the davies rd incident & train station .
(Ps Bart you might have outsmarted me & im wrong about stirling road/davies rd assault location after all , have found Debi Marshalls references so far ...

layout app for photos

the article says the woman that was dragged from a car was waiting at stop sign near the subway. If she was heading west along Gugeri where people think she was she would have been waiting at traffic lights. A really strange attack. Maybe similar thing happened to JC in 1988.

the article says the woman that was dragged from a car was waiting at stop sign near the subway. If she was heading west along Gugeri where people think she was she would have been waiting at traffic lights. A really strange attack. Maybe similar thing happened to JC in 1988.
Hi billywiz , it could likely be a mistake written without knowledge of the subway, seeing anyone in/under the subway would be accidently run over ( I have crossed that on foot lots and its dangerous to be within ) imo . The lights are about 40-50 metres away from the subway at a guesstimate.
We haven't looked at the possible scenarios & discussed them yet . Still cannot find what time it was, until finding all the articles its scant info, and debi M book isnt regarded as accurate is it ? [emoji102]

layout app for photos

Does anyone have the exact location of the midpoint on the line between CG and JR? It's probably been mentioned before but can't find it.

Welcome back Billy!

This has also crossed mind. JC drove from Perth to Freo the night she disappeared right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found suttons excellent timeline on a sub link , it would be fitting to post it now . Can that be done please ?

Hi Billy,

Yes, It's on the front lawn of 309 The Boulevard, City Beach. Measured midpoint from the two cross locations.

Kind regards.

Regarding the exact location of the Golf Course assault:

I don't think that information has ever been stated publicly. Debi Marshall is the only published source material that I've ever been able to locate. However, some locals seem to recall more and Papertrail may have had inside knowledge of the location.

On the comments below Has a serial killer blogged here?, a poster (who was actually pasting from someone else) refers to the incident as the Davies Road incident. The original post also mentions the Cole's loading dock attack, which is not included in the Devil's Garden, indicating Debi Marshall is not the sole source of the information. (The comment is by Lucyjordan on 05 June 07.)

Papertrail referred to the incident as the Davies Road incident, such as in this post.

Who is Debi Marshall referring to in this passage from her book:
(Location 2627, near the end of Chapter 47)

Three weeks before Cutler disappeared, another woman had been abducted and bound after leaving Perth's Sheraton Hotel, and later dumped near a bridge.

This would have been the first of June or the end of May 1988, as Julie was last seen on 20 June 1988.

Regarding the exact location of the Golf Course assault:

I don't think that information has ever been stated publicly. Debi Marshall is the only published source material that I've ever been able to locate. However, some locals seem to recall more and Papertrail may have had inside knowledge of the location.

On the comments below Has a serial killer blogged here?, a poster (who was actually pasting from someone else) refers to the incident as the Davies Road incident. The original post also mentions the Cole's loading dock attack, which is not included in the Devil's Garden, indicating Debi Marshall is not the sole source of the information. (The comment is by Lucyjordan on 05 June 07.)

Papertrail referred to the incident as the Davies Road incident, such as in this post.
True thanks Sutton , i admit now it seems theres not any road mentioned ( except davies rd ) for davies rd (/golf course) I have just searched for hours of a mention of "Stirling Road " so perhaps im wrong about it and bartholemeus is correct although theres nothing to disprove either , seeing theres only a course/park the victim ran to escape . Also I can't open the time line link posted a few posts back . Doesn't matter me

layout app for photos

I just want to be clear - my stance is "I don't know where it is". I always thought Stirling Rd more likely but have seen Davies Rd mentioned and guessed it came from a media article. I guess this is why I'm so particular on posters being clear whether their post is fact, probable or theory.

I think we best refer to it as "The golf course taxi attack" or something similar until we can confirm where it was.

Who is Debi Marshall referring to in this passage from her book:
(Location 2627, near the end of Chapter 47)

Three weeks before Cutler disappeared, another woman had been abducted and bound after leaving Perth's Sheraton Hotel, and later dumped near a bridge.

This would have been the first of June or the end of May 1988, as Julie was last seen on 20 June 1988.

A few have tried to search for this incident without luck. Papertrail would be the best person to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper