GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Twitter is really going nuts at the moment, so many people are unhappy with the verdict, I think this tweet sums it up best: To give an option of parole, even after 35 years, to someone who committed a rape and murder WHILE ON PAROLE seems crazy to me #Bayley

Don't worry, he'll never get out.

I'm not so sure about this.... He has shown to be able to make fools of the parole board.

I certainly don't want my daughter coming across him .... even when he is an old man.

@hamishfitz Jill #Meagher 's family will be making a statement at 11 Melbourne time

I'm not so sure about this.... He has shown to be able to make fools of the parole board.

I certainly don't want my daughter coming across him .... even when he is an old man.

That's why I think they'll never let him out again, also the assessment of his future dangerousness is so different this time, I know it seems like a bad verdict, but he'll die in there.

Do we have the judges remarks yet, media just got handed them, oh duh, well guess we'll get them soon :)

Paul Anderson ‏@_paulanderson_ 44m

More shocking details from Adrian #Bayley's past have been aired in court during sentence over #JillMeagher. Keep and eye on @heraldsun

More shocking details to come OMG!!

The thing that disturbs me the most - the judge taking into account his "remorse" - he has previously said he faked his way through a sex offender course to be released. How do they know if he even feels remorse?

Let's hope he dies in prison. He's tried to take his life once already remember. Peace to Jill's family and friends today.

Live now.

Jill was brutally raped and murdered and is never coming back. Thanking the police and the PPV. And that is it.

@ClaireMcGreal Jill Meagher's dad speaking to the media outside Melbourne court #meagher

@hamishfitz Jill was brutally raped & murdered & is never coming back says her father

‏@kerriritchie Jill Meagher's father says "justice has now been done" and thanks police and prosecutors #meagher #bayley

the only hope we have of him never getting out is with his upcoming rape charges, that will prob add at least another ten years. However not the point. He deserved to get life without parole for this crime. Jill hasn't been afforded any further life, and a message should have been sent to this swine. I cannot believe the judge took into account REMORSE - is he INSANE?

Given the maximum sentence in Victoria for rape is 25 years, I have to wonder why 15 years was Bayley's sentence for Jill's rape - how bad does it have to be? Just does my head in...

I get that the non-parole period is designed to keep appeals at bay and the associated trauma for the family (no guarantee he won't appeal the sentence given his form following the Geelong assault however), but the message that the 15 year rape sentence sends is highly disturbing to me - abduction and rape (and we know there was evidence of three separate violations) of an innocent stranger - what would one have to do to someone to get 25 years? Beggars belief.

Yes he will. He will be eligible when he is 76 - a good decade or more out in the community that Jill will never get. I am FURIOUS.

the only hope we have of him never getting out is with his upcoming rape charges, that will prob add at least another ten years. However not the point. He deserved to get life without parole for this crime. Jill hasn't been afforded any further life, and a message should have been sent to this swine. I cannot believe the judge took into account REMORSE - is he INSANE?

It'll be OK, it really will .. he got a life sentence, he's eligible for parole when he's 76, he'll probably be dead by then.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...e-of-jill-meaghe/story-fni0fee2-1226665983381

While it was the Crown case that Bayley dragged Ms Meagher into a lane and raped and strangled her because she threatened to inform police, Bayley told a psychologist that he first kissed her and tried to touch her bottom before she slapped him.
"Then you 'lost it' because, you said, you 'always had trouble when someone put their hands on me - I fight'," Justice Nettle said when sentencing Bayley.

"And with that you pulled her towards you ... pushed her on to the bonnet of a car ... and raped her. Then, after you had done with her, you strangled her to death."

In his opinion, Justice Nettle said: "You were determined to have your way with her and so you overpowered her and raped her where she stood.

"Then you attacked her again because she was threatening to call the police and in the process you strangled her to death.

Let's hope he dies in prison. He's tried to take his life once already remember. Peace to Jill's family and friends today.

Yes and thank god he did not succeed as that was on Jill's birthday what would have been her 30th
:banghead:

Given the maximum sentence in Victoria for rape is 25 years, I have to wonder why 15 years was Bayley's sentence for Jill's rape - how bad does it have to be? Just does my head in...

I get that the non-parole period is designed to keep appeals at bay and the associated trauma for the family (no guarantee he won't appeal the sentence given his form following the Geelong assault however), but the message that the 15 year rape sentence sends is highly disturbing to me - abduction and rape (and we know there was evidence of three separate violations) of an innocent stranger - what would one have to do to someone to get 25 years? Beggars belief.

totally agree:banghead:

"You well knew that, if you were found guilty of her rape, you would be facing another lengthy sentence of imprisonment.

"It follows that, apart from the fact that she was about to call the police, and apart from the sadistic pleasure which you evidently derive from hurting women, there was no reason to hold her on the ground by the neck until she ceased to breathe."

‘‘The rape was savage and degrading.
‘‘It took place over time.’’
The judge said Bayley had told psychologist Professor James Ogloff that he tried to kiss Ms Meagher and touch her bottom outside a Brunswick laneway off Sydney Road at 1.38am on September 22 last year.

Jill Meagher.
Ms Meagher reacted by slapping Bayley across the face.
Bayley told Dr Ogloff he lost it and became outraged that she had rejected his advances.
Justice Nettle said Bayley was determined to have his way with Ms Meagher and overpowered her and raped her where she stood.
Bayley strangled Ms Meagher after she became angry with him, hit him with her mobile phone and threatened to call the police.
He claimed he later sat in the laneway crying and panicking after he realised Ms Meagher was no longer breathing.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...rape-murder-20130619-2ohrb.html#ixzz2Wd4iYs00

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back