Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ferry indicated in my post (from Google Maps) is the Lower Portland Ferry.

Google Maps

View attachment 330923

According to Lower Portland Ferry | Hawkesbury People & Places - Vehicular ferry which crosses the Hawkesbury River at its confluence with the Colo River at Lower Portland. The small three car ferry which had a load capacity of 12.5 tonnes was replaced in 2013 by a larger vessel.

I was kindly reminded about the Sackville ferry that is closer to the van park.

Google Maps

My thinking was that during questioning she made a suicide attempt and since the. Questions have been held back

That they have charged him w murder whilst the police say they are only certain he placed her in the barrel makes me confused . Did the act of placing her in the barrel , murder her and they have finger prints?

I continue to wonder why the three day gap in reporting ..., also no actions stated from him on the weds. Were they both so out of it those 48 hours passed in oblivion?
Surely KM ... at the time of the initial questioning .. would by all her own accounts to LE ..be frantic with worry that her child had become lost in the Bush..but hopeful that with all the searches being undertaken by a huge amount of people and thermal imaging helicopters, that a positive outcome could be realised..she reacted very badly so early in the search.. her health must have been very fragile

PLEASE NOTE:
This thread will reopen as soon as all the Alerts/Reported posts are dealt with and the Time Outs that have been earned are in place.

IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER:
Websleuths is a monetarily FREE online discussion board operating as the gracious gift from our owner. The only cost to members is agreeing to post within the Terms of Service. It is shocking to see many posts mocking those simple rules by ignoring them and the repeated reminders moderators try to give. Every one of us agreed to follow the TOS when we joined.

As members here it is understood that we are ALL in support of right over wrong. The irony is that some of us who are very vocal about doing the right thing, fail to see how breaking the rules here at Websleuths flies in direct opposition of upholding the very principals of the laws of the land. Think about that.

We hope to reopen the thread sometime later today.

CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Last edited:
I can’t believe that a mother not involved in her child’s death in some way would not be talking. She holds the key to the timeline of events from Tuesday 7 pm till when she was found. She may not directly involved in the death, but she most definitely knew after, and before the phone call on Friday. It’s more than two days where she would have had no contact with her daughter, and conveniently the missing call was made after the disposal. All speculation and moo of course

KM is pregnant, the mother of a deceased child, hospitalized for whatever reasons, and as far as we know police have not been able to interview her. She is NOT an officially named POI and is still considered a victim by WS standards unless information to the contrary is published.

As per Websleuths TOS and as it stands now, she is a parent and a victim, not charged with any crime. She is not to be sleuthed, accused, trashed or disparaged and her prior history has no known relevance to this case.
Hello again SB, is this the lates thread on this ...says Thursday?. Have not been on here for a couple of years. Thank you

Hello again SB, is this the lates thread on this ...says Thursday?. Have not been on here for a couple of years. Thank you

Hi HoolyDooly :)

This is the only thread since JS was charged. My post you quoted was Thursday, but this thread was started Tuesday and all prior threads about the case were pulled as soon as sub judice kicked in upon arrest.

Residents at the secluded location recalled seeing a 'chatty' CM on a ferry to the campsite alongside her alleged killer JS just days before the schoolgirl died.

Witnesses said the murder accused was behaving oddly during the trip, silently 'staring straight ahead'.

alleged-murder

i heard that about being seen on the Ferry yesterday SA but there’s lots of ‘interesting’ things in this article.

I’m still confused about What is actually correct reporting & what is not!

what’s with the ‘ 2 men under police guard’ ?

I did wonder if perhaps JS was the one to meet CM on her arrival from Qld, and here he was bring her to KM ( as it says this crossing was a few days before her disappearance ) i think CM arrived in NSW 10th Jan which was Monday

Maybe they stayed

Homicide detectives are now awaiting the results of CM’s autopsy, which began on Thursday and continued on Friday, to determine her cause of death.

daughter-was-allegedly-murdered

With sub judice in place, will the autopsy report be released? Does anyone know what kind of information we can expect to be released, prior to trial and verdict?

"JS has asked to be kept away from other prisoners while he is in custody after being charged with his stepdaughter's murder.
It is understood he is in the Metropolitan Remand and Reception Centre at Silverwater in Sydney's west.
The 31-year-old appeared via video link in Central Local Court on Wednesday morning when he did not apply for bail and it was formally refused.
JS's barrister told magistrate Robert Williams his client needed medication for mental health issues while in custody, adding he had been on 'high dosages' for many years.
He also expressed JS's concerns for his safety.
'The other matter I'm instructed to raise relates to his concerns for personal safety in custody,' the barrister said.
'He has asked the court to recommend a no association classification.'
Mr Williams said only Corrective Services had the power to separate the accused from other prisoners."

JS on remand

I found an interesting article on Life on the Inside... and have place snippets here, although the link to read the article in total is on this page.

LIFE ON THE INSIDE - SILVERWATER REMAND CENTRE
"At the Metropolitan Remand and Reception Centre, one prisoner we find doing leg-presses using industrial detergent bottles as weights puts the dilemma of prison life more bluntly: “This is the beginning, so nobody’s happy.”

The prisoner is referring specifically to life in a remand centre. The MRRC, better known as Silverwater Jail, is the first footfall for prisoners coming in off the street or transiting through other jails. It’s a shifting, volatile environment where the inmates are unsentenced and the average stay is no more than a few months. Fates are uncertain, hierarchies are fluid. Drugs are everywhere. For prison staff, the challenge is not just in managing a high number of drug-affected prisoners, it is dealing with prisoners about whom they know very little.

Outside, truck bays back into holding cells. Silverwater is a hub for the state’s 38 jails. It moves more than 300 inmates a day and all must transit through reception.

Today, however, the main challenges the system faces are drugs and mental illness.

Prison officers to whom LSJ spoke on condition of anonymity estimate that at least 60 per cent of prisoners coming in off the streets are in some way affected by drugs. (Severin doesn’t disagree.) The biggest problem is ice, which is readily available and easily smuggled into prisons. It contributes to hyper-volatility among inmates, but also an explosion of mental illness that staff are struggling to manage.

Attempts to keep drugs out of jails have proved as futile as attempts to ban weapons or phones. Prisoners always find a way. Still, authorities must try. Severin’s latest initiative is by banning original hard copy letters.

“Nobody gets an original letter anymore,’’ he says. “They get photocopies of the mail that comes in and the rest is shredded. I can’t have my staff having to finger through mail and identify whether its laced with anything or not.”

Life on the inside - Law Society Journal

upload_2022-1-23_15-14-35.png

An isolation cell at Silverwater Correction Centre.
upload_2022-1-23_15-14-55.png

New look prison yard at Silverwater Correction Centre.

upload_2022-1-23_15-15-18.png

Feature_Silverwater-Prison6.jpg

No Cookies | Daily Telegraph
Edited - typo

Last edited:
I can’t believe that a mother not involved in her child’s death in some way would not be talking. She holds the key to the timeline of events from Tuesday 7 pm till when she was found. She may not directly involved in the death, but she most definitely knew after, and before the phone call on Friday. It’s more than two days where she would have had no contact with her daughter, and conveniently the missing call was made after the disposal. All speculation and moo of course
Just my opinion, but I question if it was someone else like the grandmother that really rang 000, it isn't really clear to me who did?

"Almost four hours later a person, believed to be KM, dialled Triple-0 to report that CM was missing from the Wildenstein property."

/news/article-10420769/

From what we have been told today in the media, my thoughts have changed about a possible scenario:

IMO I suspect that JS could have driven the girls to the Caravan Park (as Kallista cannot drive) but he was not necessarily staying with them. Perhaps he stayed in Sydney or at Mount Wilson. Possibly CM met her demise at caravan park as we have not been told of any forensic evidence found at Mount Wilson. Then KM could have phoned JS to get rid of the body.

Then they pretended that CM disappeared at Mount Wilson. They told police that CM was last seen there on Thursday afternoon which was when the body was finally hidden. They figured that if the body was never found, they would get away with it.

I think JS' mother knows what happened - hence it is a "headache" as her son is now implicated. JS' mother said: the mother is the one they need to talk to.”

Perhaps JS would do anything for KM.

ALL SPECULATION AND IMO

The words of JS' mother have been haunting me. I can't get them out of my head.

Not just the enabling, tone deaf, self serving nature of them, but why she said them at all.

As a highly successful businesswoman who had already seen JS go through the jail system once, she'd have a team of barristers on speed dial IMO.

Her interview sought to defend her son but IMO it did him no favours at all and raised more questions. You can imagine the facepalm from JS's lawyer upon reading it.

When Greg Lynn was arrested for double murder, his family issued a statement essentially saying they were in shock and asking for their privacy to be respected. But they also reached out to the families of Lynn's alleged victims (see attached).

If AS, uttered any words of compassion for DM's terrible loss in that interview, they would have been published. The grieving grandmothers with the wayward son (JS) and daughter (KM) angle would have been irresistible.

It seems if AS received any advice about dealing with media, she ignored it.

IMO these are the actions of someone used to getting their own way, doing things on their terms.

She spoke with open disdain about KM and alluded to her son's psychiatric issues by saying he'd had a "tortured life".

She runs a business selling beautiful very expensive antiques.
Would she honestly have been happy to leave KM, JS and CM to their own devices at Wildenstein?
What if they broke a vase?

To be very clear, I'm in no way insinuating she played any role in this and police have repeatedly said they have no evidence JS did not act alone.

As for the caravan park, on one hand, it makes sense if you have a young child to entertain because Mt Wilson would be boring (for a child) after a couple of days.

But AS admitting she disapproved of KM raises the possibility of a falling out between them which ended in KM being relegated to the caravan park.

Edited to clarify: I can't believe a single member of JS' family didn't pop in on them to check on the property. There must have been others who saw CM

All MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-01-23-15-29-12-83_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-01-23-15-29-12-83_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Just my opinion, but I question if it was someone else like the grandmother that really rang 000, it isn't really clear to me who did?

"Almost four hours later a person, believed to be KM, dialled Triple-0 to report that CM was missing from the Wildenstein property."

/news/article-10420769/
Which grandmother? Could it have been the step gm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper