Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #18 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Last edited:
I will say I didn’t understand when they were throwing around the accidental killing or the duration of the killing.

Pffft fast or slow a killing is a killing which the word rolled off their collective tongues quite readily.

And an accidental killing? A three year old has dialed 000.

I’m hoping he’s shot himself in the foot and the judges now see that he has had more time to speak up and show remorse but would any one of us believe him if he said she fell down the stairs drunk on her own and he panicked or blah blah.

Man of good character? Nope.

IMHO of course.

I will say I didn’t understand when they were throwing around the accidental killing or the duration of the killing.

Pffft fast or slow a killing is a killing which the word rolled off their collective tongues quite readily.

And an accidental killing? A three year old has dialed 000.

I’m hoping he’s shot himself in the foot and the judges now see that he has had more time to speak up and show remorse but would any one of us believe him if he said she fell down the stairs drunk on her own and he panicked or blah blah.

Man of good character? Nope.

IMHO of course.

Yes, they seem very emotionless when they speak of a killing. Very matter of fact.

I am certainly glad that Borce was linked in to that hearing, and could hear what the Court of Appeal judges had to say.

Yes, they seem very emotionless when they speak of a killing. Very matter of fact.

I am certainly glad that Borce was linked in to that hearing, and could hear what the Court of Appeal judges had to say.

Now that’s he’s admitted to manslaughter then the word ‘killing’ is appropriate. He killed Karen. He chooses to remain silent. So did Milat and he was hated for the lack of remorse. Mmmmm?
Karen was found covered in a forest with some shrubbery, again the same what Milat did.
He’s a Disgusting creature and must pay the price.

What do ya think Kevin?

I would really really like to see this man receive a sentence that doesn’t feel like it makes a mockery of Karen’s life.

Me, too.

It was super-annoying during the appeal hearing when the defence attorney kept speaking about Sarah and how she would know if Borce was a violent person, he never was violent, blahdy blahdy blah .....

Fortunately, the Court of Appeal judges seemed to gloss right over that saying (essentially) "then there is no reason for Borce to have killed Karen" - even though he has obviously admitted to a no-details version of doing so.

Fantastic idea, good on Karen’s aunt :)............

After enduring the worst three years of her life, Patricia Gray says it is time to "let it go" and create a positive legacy for her beloved niece Karen Ristevski, who died at the hands of husband Borce in 2016.
"This is to remind people not of the horrible things that happened to her... but who she was and what she stood for," she told 9NEWS.
The Sydney teacher today opened charity 'Karen's Kloset' on the city's Northern Beaches to raise money for a cause she believes Karen "would be proud of" - helping women who need access to a shelter to escape domestic violence.
Karen Ristevski's aunt's inspiring legacy for slain niece

Fantastic idea, good on Karen’s aunt :)............

After enduring the worst three years of her life, Patricia Gray says it is time to "let it go" and create a positive legacy for her beloved niece Karen Ristevski, who died at the hands of husband Borce in 2016.
"This is to remind people not of the horrible things that happened to her... but who she was and what she stood for," she told 9NEWS.
The Sydney teacher today opened charity 'Karen's Kloset' on the city's Northern Beaches to raise money for a cause she believes Karen "would be proud of" - helping women who need access to a shelter to escape domestic violence.
Karen Ristevski's aunt's inspiring legacy for slain niece

Great BR, SR didn't remove the clothes, for 'pocket money'.
I guess some would have gone: expensive purses, bags that accompanied the outfits.
MOO.

The appeal judges were like nothing I have seen before, highly educated, clever and logical human beings. Cudos to their intelligent insights and superior knowledge.

I am hoping they will deliver a decision more in line with societal values and expectations and provide peace to Karen RIP and her family who loved her.

IMHO

Warren Francis Rogers, 71, has been sentenced to at least 12 years behind bars after a jury in May found him guilty of murder. Ms Rogers was killed on September 12, 2016, after a fight broke out when her husband discovered she was still in contact with an old boyfriend she’d reconnected with through Facebook.
The “bigger and stronger” Rogers held his wife down in a bedroom in their Milperra home, placing a pillow over her mouth.
Ms Rogers had an injury on the top of her head from either a blunt object or the bed head and bruises on her body consistent with her husband holding her down.
Scratches on her face showed she’d desperately tried to remove the pillow.
Despite his not guilty plea, the judge accepted the murderer was “genuinely remorseful”.

“The evidence demonstrates he was, before the events immediately leading up to this offence, a good and kind man, moral, caring and ethical, not violent, aggressive or abusive.
“It is without question that this offence was extremely out of character.”

Rogers was sentenced to a maximum of 18 years in prison with a non-parole period of 12 years.

Husband jailed for ‘terrifying’ murder

It's probably futile to compare cases but this one brought Ristevski to mind, happened in NSW though. I believe BR smothered Karen with a pillow too, she was a short, petite lady, he's a strong, sturdy little fella!

Warren Rogers didn't dispose of the body, he was remorseful and said to be of good character, 15 years older than BR, 2 psychiatrists agree Rogers was suffering from an undiagnosed major depressive disorder, went to trial pleading not guilty to murder and the jury's verdict was guilty.
It seems in Victoria, disposing of the body, lying to police and family, staying silent if or when the body's discovered means it's acceptable to plead guilty to manslaughter without uttering a word and be given a pathetic sentence. o_O
No wonder BR took the deal and he can remain silent till the end of his miserable life! I hope his sentence is increased.

Justice Whelan says Ristevski kills his wife, dumps the body and "pursues a program of deceit after many months," which meant the court could be satisfied he did not feel remorse.

Chief Crown Prosecutor Brendan Kissane says Ristevski's silence is relevant.
"I’m not sure how I grasp this right to silence can bear upon the seriousness of the offending," Justice Priest says, to which Mr Kissane responds that his silence "indicates something bad happened in the house".
"He hasn't put forward anything to positively say that this was just above an accident, for example."
"So it's in that way we say that it had an impact."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...rce-ristevski-s-sentence-20191115-p53av9.html

Warren Francis Rogers, 71, has been sentenced to at least 12 years behind bars after a jury in May found him guilty of murder. Ms Rogers was killed on September 12, 2016, after a fight broke out when her husband discovered she was still in contact with an old boyfriend she’d reconnected with through Facebook.
The “bigger and stronger” Rogers held his wife down in a bedroom in their Milperra home, placing a pillow over her mouth.
Ms Rogers had an injury on the top of her head from either a blunt object or the bed head and bruises on her body consistent with her husband holding her down.
Scratches on her face showed she’d desperately tried to remove the pillow.
Despite his not guilty plea, the judge accepted the murderer was “genuinely remorseful”.

“The evidence demonstrates he was, before the events immediately leading up to this offence, a good and kind man, moral, caring and ethical, not violent, aggressive or abusive.
“It is without question that this offence was extremely out of character.”

Rogers was sentenced to a maximum of 18 years in prison with a non-parole period of 12 years.

Husband jailed for ‘terrifying’ murder

It's probably futile to compare cases but this one brought Ristevski to mind, happened in NSW though. I believe BR smothered Karen with a pillow too, she was a short, petite lady, he's a strong, sturdy little fella!

Warren Rogers didn't dispose of the body, he was remorseful and said to be of good character, 15 years older than BR, 2 psychiatrists agree Rogers was suffering from an undiagnosed major depressive disorder, went to trial pleading not guilty to murder and the jury's verdict was guilty.
It seems in Victoria, disposing of the body, lying to police and family, staying silent if or when the body's discovered means it's acceptable to plead guilty to manslaughter without uttering a word and be given a pathetic sentence. o_O
No wonder BR took the deal and he can remain silent till the end of his miserable life! I hope his sentence is increased.

Justice Whelan says Ristevski kills his wife, dumps the body and "pursues a program of deceit after many months," which meant the court could be satisfied he did not feel remorse.

Chief Crown Prosecutor Brendan Kissane says Ristevski's silence is relevant.
"I’m not sure how I grasp this right to silence can bear upon the seriousness of the offending," Justice Priest says, to which Mr Kissane responds that his silence "indicates something bad happened in the house".
"He hasn't put forward anything to positively say that this was just above an accident, for example."
"So it's in that way we say that it had an impact."

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...rce-ristevski-s-sentence-20191115-p53av9.html
3147CE5B-81F4-4A54-88C9-4262445C6EA5.png
PrimeSuspect thank you to a great post!

I noticed the difference in gaol sentences and again shook my head at Victoria. When will they see it’s a total waste of time, resources and money going back and forth.

I also saw a clip of Rogers bedside interview after attempting suicide and he said his wife asked him to kill her. Oookayyy?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back