Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(BBM) It's essentially gutter journalism. Why would they even want to attempt to go there with him ... if they had paid what he wanted, he no doubt would've spilled what we know from reading his rants, which probably would've been beeped out to avoid any legal problems.

The focus should remain on finding Karen, not dredging up all their family history. If he is involved in her disappearance then his time in the spotlight will surely come (certainly not in the way he imagined), but until then the back story to all this is irrelevant. I don't think any of the family's affairs should've been made public as it's nobody's business. If she is found to be hiding in bush land as one publication's heading suggested, and she's done something(s) wrong then her time before the Courts will come. But until then - the whole focus should be on finding Karen, and only that.

But on the other hand, this being a case with lots of twists, turns and players is keeping it in the spotlight, unlike some other cases.

I hadn't heard the "possibly hiding in the bush" story, thought they were looking for a body, but are they looking for her hiding out in the northwest of Melbourne? That's pretty interesting if true.

Oh, ok. I was just wondering how you came to the conclusion that it's gutter journalism.

MOO, but from where I stand they were very obviously going after the talker of the family to try and make a story out of something that isn't even proven (e.g., AR's allegations). Obviously they canned the idea of interviewing him, but probably only because he wanted the big bucks. If he'd agreed to a lesser amount then I'm sure they would've locked him in to appear on their show, which - to me - seems desperate. Of course people want to tune in and hear all about the scandals of this family, and the show is capitalising on that rather than saying, 'look, this woman is missing; we need to find her' ... because that would be boring. So, sensationalism at its best. (And their FB posts last night were weighted towards this all being about AR and what he had to say).

I think they would've scrambled hard and fast to find this cousin to interview (after it became clear AR wasn't going to do it) - and they're lucky that they did, as it's made them look better in the sense that we're hearing from someone else in the family.

Edit: See my comment below ... I haven't seen the clip but assumed the interview with AR got canned due to ACA not fronting up with the $$$. I've been advised he couldn't be interviewed due to the ongoing investigation. Still, their intent was there ... besides which, how come Herald Sun could interview him then? Maybe it was down to the $$$ but they thought it would sound better if they gave the other excuse?

I hadn't heard the "possibly hiding in the bush" story, thought they were looking for a body, but are they looking for her hiding out in the northwest of Melbourne? That's pretty interesting if true.

It was the headline from the Daily Mail this afternoon:

attachment.php

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...picious-activity-tip-offs-missing-mother.html

Attachments

• Karen.jpg
    Karen.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 136

It was the Daily Mail themselves that suggested hiding in the bush.
I don't believe anyone thinks it is in an alive state.

They pieced their deduction from the fact that the brother-in-law said she took of to China or the US, and police are searching in bushland.

They also printed the statement from Karen's friend that said she would never take off like that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...picious-activity-tip-offs-missing-mother.html

Thank you SA, appreciate it. It sounds like AR has been exposed for the grub that he is.

Yes, and in spectacular fashion. Hopefully he'll now shut up and crawl back under the rock he came from, so everyone can focus on finding Karen.

MOO, but from where I stand they were very obviously going after the talker of the family to try and make a story out of something that isn't even proven (e.g., AR's allegations). Obviously they canned the idea of interviewing him, but probably only because he wanted the big bucks. If he'd agreed to a lesser amount then I'm sure they would've locked him in to appear on their show, which - to me - seems desperate. Of course people want to tune in and hear all about the scandals of this family, and the show is capitalising on that rather than saying, 'look, this woman is missing; we need to find her' ... because that would be boring. So, sensationalism at its best. (And their FB posts last night were weighted towards this all being about AR and what he had to say).

I think they would've scrambled hard and fast to find this cousin to interview (after it became clear AR wasn't going to do it) - and they're lucky that they did, as it's made them look better in the sense that we're hearing from someone else in the family.

They stated that they couldn't interview AR due to the ongoing investigation. I don't think the amount of money mattered to them. I didn't hear them mention $50,000 during the show. Only the $200,000. I could have missed it.

I wish it would go up soon, too. I have bits I want to listen to again. :waiting:

ETA: Oh yeah, they offered him $50,000. Then threw in the qualifier that they never would have gone through with it.

For me, a lot of things ... keys, phone, wallet, cosmetics, contact lens solution and case, personal products, a small first aid kit, personal security alarm, mints, a couple of mini-sized chocolate bars, my tablet and usually work of some sort that I bring home (even if it's just reading). A lot of my friends carry just as much stuff around with them ... I'd like to think I could survive a night in the wilderness if I got stuck somewhere (usually thinking of breakdowns) by being prepared. Karen's bag was large, so I'm going to assume that she also carried a lot of stuff around. But what stuff, exactly, is the million dollar question. And of course it's possible she didn't even have that $850 cash that BR mentioned.

I wonder if AR asked Karen for the money to go to rehab but she couldn't give him as much as he wanted ... so she took $850 from the business, which made him mad because he was expecting so much more. I don't know how much the rehab is that he was apparently going to go to (probably lied and wanted the money to pay off drug debts), but there's one in my town that costs $30k for a one-month programme. If BR and Karen had been generous with AR in the past, then he might well have expected this sort of money from them.

At this point I think they're all guilty in some way.

The bag isn't actually large - I assumed it was as well because of the cut, it looked like a tote - but when shown on the mannequin, it would barely fit more than the large purse.

1469802658989.jpg

They stated that they couldn't interview AR due to the ongoing investigation. I don't think the amount of money mattered to them. I didn't hear them mention $50,000 during the show. Only the $200,000. I could have missed it.

I wish it would go up soon, too. I have bits I want to listen to again. :waiting:

I stand corrected; apologies.

~ ~ ~

Edit: I respectfully disagree about the amount of money not mattering to them - I just don't think there is any way they would pay that sort of money for an interview with him. Out of curiosity I Googled what they might pay for interviews, and found this interesting link, which agrees with me that they're considered to use sensationalism (aka gutter) journalism:

https://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090714015150AAiweIy

MOO, but I believe they said they couldn't interview him due to ongoing investigations because they didn't want to admit that they wouldn't meet his demands for the interview. Remember, AR quite happily did an interview for the Herald Sun - they obviously weren't told they couldn't speak to him due to ongoing investigations (and before these sorts of stories are run the papers normally get the okay from their legal team to do so).

The bag isn't actually large - I assumed it was as well because of the cut, it looked like a tote - but when shown on the mannequin, it would barely fit more than the large purse.

attachment.php

Hmmm, okay - I thought it was a large tote. She'd probably be pushed to fit anything more than a cosmetics pouch, keys and phone in that.

For me, a lot of things ... keys, phone, wallet, cosmetics, contact lens solution and case, personal products, a small first aid kit, personal security alarm, mints, a couple of mini-sized chocolate bars, my tablet and usually work of some sort that I bring home (even if it's just reading). A lot of my friends carry just as much stuff around with them ... I'd like to think I could survive a night in the wilderness if I got stuck somewhere (usually thinking of breakdowns) by being prepared. Karen's bag was large, so I'm going to assume that she also carried a lot of stuff around. But what stuff, exactly, is the million dollar question. And of course it's possible she didn't even have that $850 cash that BR mentioned.

All that when you go for a walk? Does it have wheels?

I stand corrected; apologies.

No worries. They did mention $50,000 and dealing with him (I just relistened) but they said they would not have gone through with any deal due to the ongoing investigation.

So, I guess they led him on. For the sake of the story.

I'm still glad that Chris spoke out though.

ETA: They also did a Crime Stoppers blurb at the end. Pretty prominent one, don't know how I missed that. :giggle:

(Just saw your edit, too, Pepper. :thumb: )

Any mention of an alibi for AR on the 28th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme