Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update sleep x

Hopefully the evidence will lead to a long awaited breakthrough in the investigation into Karen's disappearance. I'm just trying to wrack my brains re forensic testing techniques that may be available in the States but not here. Hmm...

Your not the only one Bohemian I'm wracking my brain too. I think this is the first article that MSM have stated that KR has been murdered. Also says in article that SR is not co-operating with the Police in support of her father who she believes has been treated unfairly, I find that interesting, misguided loyalty perhaps? Will be interesting now if the case is handed to the Homicide Squad as they play a bit harder than Missing Persons.

Your not the only one Bohemian I'm wracking my brain too. I think this is the first article that MSM have stated that KR has been murdered. Also says in article that SR is not co-operating with the Police in support of her father who she believes has been treated unfairly, I find that interesting, misguided loyalty perhaps? Will be interesting now if the case is handed to the Homicide Squad as they play a bit harder than Missing Persons.

I think it is the first article that states this. Also non-cooperation from SR? What is she thinking? Especially if investigators are of the opinion that her Mum is deceased.

From sleep's link:

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-disappearance-sent-to-us#WAkQVoT42cbtGDr3.99

'The Herald Sun reports that a "key piece of evidence" was sent to technical experts in the US but did not provide any further details.'

So can we assume it's physical 'technical evidence' not 'biological evidence'? IIRC weren't two detectives travelling to the UK a few months ago with CCTV footage? Could it be that? Or an iphone so they can get into it via the backdoor?

Wondering if it could be an Apple phone ? Didn't they send Oscar's phone to the USA ?

Wondering if it could be an Apple phone ? Didn't they send Oscar's phone to the USA ?

Yeah em that's what I'm thinking. Could be an Apple (or other) device that has had files deleted or written over.

If it was computerised diagnostic equipment from the Merc, you'd think they'd be off to Germany.

They had three cars. I can't remember the makes/models. I wonder if any of them were imported from the US or have technical divisions based there?

I did read somewhere that America leads the world in toxicology and pharmacology. I am unsure if either of these fields are relevant in this case...poisoning is a typical MO of a female perpetrator and drug analysis more related to suicides/overdoses/contradictions ...besides what would the piece of evidence be?!?

Yeah em that's what I'm thinking. Could be an Apple (or other) device that has had files deleted or written over.

If it was computerised diagnostic equipment from the Merc, you'd think they'd be off to Germany.

They had three cars. I can't remember the makes/models. I wonder if any of them were imported from the US or have technical divisions based there?

From memory they were a VW Polo Golf and a Tiguan......and by the way your poems are amazing.

From memory they were a VW Polo Golf and a Tiguan......and by the way your poems are amazing.

I'll have to check out where their technical divisions are.

Gee, thanks em. Use them to get a message across when there's no other way of speaking to someone. Also, 'Musick has charms to soothe a savage breast, [...]" ~William Congreve (The Mourning Bride)

I did read somewhere that America leads the world in toxicology and pharmacology. I am unsure if either of these fields are relevant in this case...poisoning is a typical MO of a female perpetrator and drug analysis more related to suicides/overdoses/contradictions ...besides what would the piece of evidence be?!?

Dunno. A container found in the home perhaps? Something investigators are suss about anyway.

OT.

Not in the same 'social circles' but remember Polonium 210 was used to murder spy Alexander Litvinenko. Or the ricin pellet injected into Georgi Ivanov Markov with an umbrella?

SR not cooperating with police seems way out weird for me. Seriously, if my mother was missing presumed murdered - I would be moving the pacific ocean to see what I could find. Either she was estranged or becoming estranged from her mum, or she has to cower out of fear. I don't see how she could keep it together - if her mum and her were close and spoke everyday then this absence would be excruciating for her - but here she is holed up with her mouth shut not cooperating with the police. Honestly - what innocent person is afraid of police involvement....

Read a post on a FB page that it could be human hairs found in one of the cars that was sent to the US for testing, (unconfirmed). The testing process they could be using is called 'post-mortem root banding of hairs'. This appears to be a questionable science and relatively new. A Goggle search offers articles on this process with some questioning its viability.

SR not cooperating with police seems way out weird for me. Seriously, if my mother was missing presumed murdered - I would be moving the pacific ocean to see what I could find. Either she was estranged or becoming estranged from her mum, or she has to cower out of fear. I don't see how she could keep it together - if her mum and her were close and spoke everyday then this absence would be excruciating for her - but here she is holed up with her mouth shut not cooperating with the police. Honestly - what innocent person is afraid of police involvement....

Couldn't agree more:ditto:

What would they be hoping to acquire off the phone?
They would have call records on the providers server? What would be in the iCloud? And what do we know may have been synced with a PC?

I think it is the first article that states this. Also non-cooperation from SR? What is she thinking? Especially if investigators are of the opinion that her Mum is deceased.
From sleep's link:
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-disappearance-sent-to-us#WAkQVoT42cbtGDr3.99
'The Herald Sun reports that a "key piece of evidence" was sent to technical experts in the US but did not provide any further details.'
So can we assume it's physical 'technical evidence' not 'biological evidence'? IIRC weren't two detectives travelling to the UK a few months ago with CCTV footage? Could it be that? Or an iphone so they can get into it via the backdoor?

What would they be hoping to acquire off the phone?
They would have call records on the providers server? What would be in the iCloud? And what do we know may have been synced with a PC?

Nice to see you here crabby :loveyou:

I'm thinking it could also be related to the 'nonexistent' CCTV footage from the Ristevski house. The security system (including cameras) was reported to have been 'out of service' months before Karen disappeared. What if it wasn't and the AVI files were 'written over' after the fact? BR seemed fairly obsessed with checking whether his neighbours had relevant CCTV footage of their house during the days following Karen disappearance.

*He forgot to ask at least one resident of the street if they had CCTV, however. Oops! All it takes is one dropped stitch and the story you're weaving comes undone.

I'll have to check out where their technical divisions are.

Gee, thanks em. Use them to get a message across when there's no other way of speaking to someone. Also, 'Musick has charms to soothe a savage breast, [...]" ~William Congreve (The Mourning Bride)
I'm hearing you....my sons a music teacher and partner an ex musician.

Not the son but ex-partner was a muso. Lead guitarist :dramaqueen:
Sorry guys off topic.....my son plays bass, partner used to be the only white bass player for the Coasters in the states (alooooong time ago). Music is a blessing x

I was thinking hard drives and CCTV overwritten etc. or wiped but forensically available etc.

Also iPhone might not show just where it pinged but perhaps where else it had been (location info). His or hers?

I understand not wanting to lose your dad too, or the theory that she was involved, but innocents & innocence will be proven to be so, so cooperate both of you!

I was thinking hard drives and CCTV overwritten etc. or wiped but forensically available etc.

Also iPhone might not show just where it pinged but perhaps where else it had been (location info). His or hers?

I understand not wanting to lose your dad too, or the theory that she was involved, but innocents & innocence will be proven to be so, so cooperate both of you!

Wonder also if it may be navigational device from the Merc?

I agree. If you know something, say something.

"key piece of evidence" was sent to technical experts in the US but did not provide any further details.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...-disappearance-sent-to-us#2mHef5LlQUHjUKOx.99
Would the key piece of evidence be the blurry footage of borce leaving with Karens Merc, Maybe technology experts in trying to help pixilate the blury bits.to see if there was another human in the car.
"Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin and Cornell Tech say that they’ve trained a piece of software that can undermine the privacy benefits of standard content-masking techniques like blurring and pixelation by learning to read or see what’s meant to be hidden in images—anything from a blurred house number to a pixelated human face in the background of a photo. And they didn’t even need to painstakingly develop extensive new image uncloaking methodologies to do it. Instead, the team found that mainstream machine learning methods—the process of “training” a computer with a set of example data rather than programming it—lend themselves readily to this type of attack."
more on this article here. https://www.wired.com/2016/09/machine-learning-can-identify-pixelated-faces-researchers-show/

Also there stating "key piece of evidence". so sounds like they already know who it is ,and now are working on evidence to prove it was that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member