Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Herald Sun article also mentioned that forensic testing on the family vehicles revealed they were "squeaky clean".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The white van? Maybe associated with the business?

The Herald Sun article also mentioned that forensic testing on the family vehicles revealed they were "squeaky clean".

Also, it'd be squeaky clean if he put KR in the front seat very shortly after she died. It would be normal for the front seats of her car to have DNA evidence on them as she drove the car every day.

I find it interesting on ACA tonight (A Current Affair for the non australian readers) that Martin King's report freeze framed BR, SR and VR as "the husband", "the daughter" and the "brother in law" and repeated past footage of SR wiping dry eyes, BR eyes going all over the place during the media conference and VR spiel about Karen being overseas.
I think ACA would have inside knowledge and just not allowed to report it. I have thought since the start that SR knows more than letting on and it would be just like a father to protect his daughter if this was the case. Somehow I don't think we'll ever know the full story about this.
In the case of Vic Ranchem back in the early 80's he was the prime suspect, they never found Jackie's (his wife's) body and he went to his grave with whatever he knew or did. A detective even visited him on his death bed and said "Come on Vic, tell us where she is and what happened" and he still didn't tell.

Like Jonbenet Ramsey perhaps.

The leaking of these little pieces of information, wonder if the police are trying to get someone who knows something (but is in denial ) to pull their head out of the sand.

BR might have driven up the Calder to Toolern Vale, chucked phone, bag etc decided it was too exposed during daylight then continued north to Macedon for attempted burial all in a few hours.

the drip feed of info seems like a good way to slowly increase the pressure/make that ticking clock of doom a little louder by the day for whoever did it... the telltale heart technique of guilt induction.

Bone nicks, fractures and dislocations are "Internal injuries",and there wouldn't be any tendons left after all this time. Teeth damage could be considered an "external injury" though I suppose?
Just weird how they said "external" when the external "extremities" would be no more.

Is there a copy of the 6pm Channel 7 news available online? The scant information offered regarding Karen's autopsy was right at the beginning of their broadcast. I'm fairly sure the way they worded things made it clear that there were no signs of physical violence detected at the autopsy.

Whilst it it is true that a body can be little more than bones, teeth & hair after 8 months, it does very much depend on the conditions. It is certainly possible that Karen's remains, whilst substantially decomposed, still had fleshy tissue present.

The possibly of lime being used as part of her burial has been speculated upon, and if true, that could slow down the decompositon of Karen's remains significantly. It is a common misconception that lime hastens the decay of a body. The opposite is in fact the case, as the UK Home Office found out the hard way via the burials of executed criminals.

The original burial procedure for hanged criminals entailed burial in a coffin with large holes drilled into the sides, along with the use of lime, both to hasten decay. The lime was found to inhibit decomposition & so it's use was discontinued.

I posted the attached photograph in the previous thread. It comes from 9news footage and seems to be an overhead view of the burial site, looking down upon the two logs. Inbetween the logs is a layer of what appears to be commercial packaging, possibly lime bags, between the two logs. Perhaps this layer of covering was underneath the layer of smaller logs shown elsewhere in the same 9 news footage & as posted here by TGY. There is what could be a human foot & toes visible in the image below.

Regardless of whether there is a foot visible or not, if the image does indeed show a layer of stuff covering Karen's remains, then they should prove to be of strong evidentiary value.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 97
Also, it'd be squeaky clean if he put KR in the front seat very shortly after she died. It would be normal for the front seats of her car to have DNA evidence on them as she drove the car every day.

I suspect they meant it was squeaky clean of any soil or flora residue that may have been on the undercarriage of the car, or the driver's footwell.

I am curious as to how significant the claim by BR is that he took up a uber driving job around the hours that KR was last seen.
If uber were able to confirm that he was indeed completing the job at the stated times, would that be enough to serve as an alibi for him?

Sorry that this is a bit off topic or if it has already been discussed. Only bringing this up because I feel like this could have been confirmed ages ago as passenger could have already contacted investigators about it. BR's face isn't exactly generic if that makes sense - I feel as though if one were to see him they would recognise him as, for the lack of better wording, 'the missing woman's husband' considering the fact that his photo has been used by all news outlets.

I suspect they meant it was squeaky clean of any soil or flora residue that may have been on the undercarriage of the car, or the driver's footwell.

I think it would be near impossible to remove all trace evidence of soil and flora if either of their vehicles had entered the bush where her body was found.... it would have been winter....

I think someone else's car or vehicle (van) ? Has transported her to that site.

BR obviously drove up the Calder that day, he and KR's phones pinged close together. Perhaps he met someone up there to assist him so neither car has much soil/flora on it. I imagine it'd be almost impossible to really clean a car underneath confidently without putting it on a hoist or is this possible in a commercial drive thru carwash? He's been tracked by LE and others pretty much from that day, it'd be difficult for anyone in that situtation to go anywhere near there again without detection.

I am curious as to how significant the claim by BR is that he took up a uber driving job around the hours that KR was last seen.
If uber were able to confirm that he was indeed completing the job at the stated times, would that be enough to serve as an alibi for him?

Sorry that this is a bit off topic or if it has already been discussed. Only bringing this up because I feel like this could have been confirmed ages ago as passenger could have already contacted investigators about it. BR's face isn't exactly generic if that makes sense - I feel as though if one were to see him they would recognise him as, for the lack of better wording, 'the missing woman's husband' considering the fact that his photo has been used by all news outlets.

I don't think he ever claimed to be doing an Uber job at the time ..... from memory ... the media became aware (most likely from one of our members posts .. who found out before it was ever mentioned in the media) ....that he worked as an Uber driver.

The next thing we know its in the media and Uber confirmed they would check their records to see if he had any jobs booked that day

I think it would be near impossible to remove all trace evidence of soil and flora if either of their vehicles had entered the bush where her body was found.... it would have been winter....

I agree, soil residue on the undercarriage of a car can be very stubborn to remove, and persists for a long time. The use of the words "squeaky clean" in the news article seem to imply the cars had been meticulously cleaned of residue, but that should be very hard to accomplish, so maybe I'm reading too much into their choice of words...

Is there a copy of the 6pm Channel 7 news available online? The scant information offered regarding Karen's autopsy was right at the beginning of their broadcast. I'm fairly sure the way they worded things made it clear that there were no signs of physical violence detected at the autopsy.

Whilst it it is true that a body can be little more than bones, teeth & hair after 8 months, it does very much depend on the conditions. It is certainly possible that Karen's remains, whilst substantially decomposed, still had fleshy tissue present.

The possibly of lime being used as part of her burial has been speculated upon, and if true, that could slow down the decompositon of Karen's remains significantly. It is a common misconception that lime hastens the decay of a body. The opposite is in fact the case, as the UK Home Office found out the hard way via the burials of executed criminals.

The original burial procedure for hanged criminals entailed burial in a coffin with large holes drilled into the sides, along with the use of lime, both to hasten decay. The lime was found to inhibit decomposition & so it's use was discontinued.

I posted the attached photograph in the previous thread. It comes from 9news footage and seems to be an overhead view of the burial site, looking down upon the two logs. Inbetween the logs is a layer of what appears to be commercial packaging, possibly lime bags, between the two logs. Perhaps this layer of covering was underneath the layer of smaller logs shown elsewhere in the same 9 news footage & as posted here by TGY. There is what could be a human foot & toes visible in the image below.

Regardless of whether there is a foot visible or not, if the image does indeed show a layer of stuff covering Karen's remains, then they should prove to be of strong evidentiary value.

Not sure what that image is of, looks like white plastic bottles with a black graphic. The green bit looks like the screw on lid of a big plastic container.

Are you sure this is an overhead of the exact site her body was recovered from??

We have a member here who lives in the area and has said she regularly horse rides past the exact area ..... in the media it mentions people bushwalking in the area..

Maybe its just me....I live in a rural "bushy" area ..... when I see crap dumped .... I can't help but investigate .... because its odd ...stands out... if this rubbish is at the exact site...I would have expected to see her remains found earlier...

No mention in media that the site was covered with debris apart from branches??

I think LE have been very deliberate in their use and choice of words the whole time. Its likely they could tell immediately if a car had been recently cleaned with clinical detail. The only people I know who clean the undercarriage of their cars are revheads and classic car buffs.

Bone nicks, fractures and dislocations are "Internal injuries",and there wouldn't be any tendons left after all this time. Teeth damage could be considered an "external injury" though I suppose?
Just weird how they said "external" when the external "extremities" would be no more.

Absolutely possible there could be tendons left, depending on the situation the body is in, ie covered, in water, mummified etc.

The Herald Sun has been told that police seized a shovel from the garage of the Avondale Heights home Mrs Ristevski, 47, shared with her husband, Borce, and daughter Sarah.

Testing revealed two distinct soil types: one matched soil behind the family home, leading police to begin their initial search along the Maribyrnong River; the other matched soil found in the Gisborne-Macedon area.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/new-twist-in-karen-ristevski-murder-mystery-as-shovel-soil-clue-emerges/news-story/e47341dc1f66d1ae61bc56356f1c1831

This together with the phone evidence says it's all over bar the shouting.

Are you sure this is an overhead of the exact site her body was recovered from??

We have a member here who lives in the area and has said she regularly horse rides past the exact area ..... in the media it mentions people bushwalking in the area..

Maybe its just me....I live in a rural "bushy" area ..... when I see crap dumped .... I can't help but investigate .... because its odd ...stands out... if this rubbish is at the exact site...I would have expected to see her remains found earlier...

No mention in media that the site was covered with debris apart from branches??

Certainly there is no media mention of a further covering layer, but that image is a frame from the videos on this page http://www.9news.com.au/National/2017/02/20/14/39/Womans-decomposed-body-found-at-Victorian-park.

It it is easy to find what seems to be overhead drone footage taken at the burial site, depicting what the frame grab I attached shows. The video is about the burial site & also shows footage of it shot from ground level, with a covering of smaller logs inbetween the two big logs, as posted by TGY in the previous thread. It also seems pretty clear that the rubbish in the frame is between two logs, with something that looks very much like a foot showing.

Perhaps first responders had removed the layer of logs, to confirm beyond a doubt the presence of human remains (it seems that this would be very difficult in the footage that shows a layer of smaller logs still in situ) and then stopped to wait for the forensic team once they saw the foot?

If you consider the image in the context of the video from which it is captured, I think it's fairly likely that it is in fact a birdseye view of the burial. My thoughts beyond that, including the possible presence of a protruding foot (which certainly isn't skeletonised yet) are obviously just speculative.

Perhaps one of those carwash places that offer "perfection" in cleaning your car could achieve that. If the expression "squeaky clean" originated with the police, it does suggest very thorough cleaning had taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agave1993