Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When was that conviction? I don't think he would get away with it these days.

I am going back through the file again, honesty this guy couldn't lie straight in bed, what an absolute dog, how he has managed to stay in Aus is beyond me. Even in the notes they realize he is coming and going on different passports so cant seem to track him. Still they issue him citizenship (?)

31 May 1977 - was the conviction for importing Black Lebanese Hashish

When you look at the actual passenger cards, he and his first wife traveled same day. There seems to be a mis-type of date from the actual records. It also seems like she was approved to travel before they got married. Around that time (1969) he is was committing crimes he was later charged with. I wonder getting married helped him travel more easily to Australia (wife already approved) with goal of evading charges? Just an idea.

Thanks for the correction. Yes our society used to assume (and sometimes still does) that married people are more trustworthy and respectable. Could she have made the application for residence and, as her partner, he automatically got it too? As I said before - a marriage of convenience - but it seems for his convenience - not hers - as I suggested earlier. ALL IMO

I am going back through the file again, honesty this guy couldn't lie straight in bed, what an absolute dog, how he has managed to stay in Aus is beyond me. Even in the notes they realize he is coming and going on different passports so cant seem to track him. Still they issue him citizenship (?)

31 May 1977 - was the conviction for importing Black Lebanese Hashish

It's going to be interesting to see if he will ever be deported or end up in jail for any of his alleged crimes. ALL IMO

Can anyone locate this "ye old passy" - it is also an address he used

Passy is an area of Paris, France, located in the 16th arrondissement, on the Right Bank. It is home to many of the city's wealthiest residents.

Passy was a commune on the outskirts of Paris. In 1658, hot springs were discovered around which spa facilities were developed. This attracted Parisian society and English visitors, some of whom made the area, which combined attractive countryside with both modest houses and fine residences, their winter retreat. The population was 2,400 in 1836, 4,545 in 1841, but larger in summer. In 1861 the population was 11,431. Passy's population was 17,594 when it was absorbed into Paris along with several other communities in 1860.[1]

View attachment 332724

maybe a reference to the original ideal of the Ye old passy imo

but what was the thingy he was accused of forging again ? a Name plate ?

Passy
is an area of Paris, France, located in the 16th arrondissement, on the Right Bank. It is home to many of the city's wealthiest residents.

Passy was a commune on the outskirts of Paris. In 1658, hot springs were discovered around which spa facilities were developed. This attracted Parisian society and English visitors, some of whom made the area, which combined attractive countryside with both modest houses and fine residences, their winter retreat. The population was 2,400 in 1836, 4,545 in 1841, but larger in summer. In 1861 the population was 11,431. Passy's population was 17,594 when it was absorbed into Paris along with several other communities in 1860.[1]

oops

Yes I find that strange too. If a man is my partner, I would insist that we travel together. In that respect, he has tried to leave no traces even to the extent of departing using one passport and returning using another and Marion knew him by even another name. I guess his travel companion might see that he is using different names when they go through Passport Control so he pretends that he has to go on a different flight earlier as he has to do business first which would be boring for them.

ALL IMO

Also i think it cannot be shown he has left Australia as the archives notes suggest that he didnt leave as him if that makes sense ....quite a juggler to have to evade authorities but obviously he was not perfect at it because he did spend time in jail and was caught many times but not here it seems :rolleyes:

They have deported people for less! He could very well get sent back to Belgium (?) after all this is over if there’s not enough evidence to charge him.

If he lasts long enough as he's 83yo. But I suspect he is in good health as JO said he didn't smoke or drink so he could live until he's 100yo. Remember Ginette telling us that he cooked her a meal so I predict that he has looked after himself over the years?

Also i think it cannot be shown he has left Australia as the archives notes suggest that he didnt leave as him if that makes sense ....quite a juggler to have to evade authorities but obviously he was not perfect at it because he did spend time in jail and was caught many times but not here it seems :rolleyes:

That was when he was younger and overseas. It appears he has improved his strategies to avoid detection in Australia and has no criminal record here (yet?). So far it seems here that he changed to preying on vulnerable financially independent divorced women born in the 1940s. IMO

British Dict
Fré·dé·rick [frey-dey-reek], 1822–1912, French economist and statesman: Nobel Peace Prize 1901.
his son, Paul É·douard [pawl ey-dwar], 1859–1940, French phonetician.
ionary definitions for Passy

Passy
/ (French pasi) /
noun
Frédéric (frederik). 1822–1912, French politician and economist, who campaigned for international arbitration to prevent war: shared the first Nobel peace prize 1901

Wow, she died young. A year before his son with second wife was born. I hope there was nothing suspicious about her death... hopefully the police are looking into it.

I downloaded the death certificate

Ilona died age 31
cause of death Mycardial ischaemia (heart)

I find this unusual

The Coroner at Melbourne Mr H.W. Pascoe ordered burial of the body without inquest.

Born Budapest, Hungary
Period of residence in Australia 2 years

Married in Budapest Hungary
Age 23 years
To MJR

Child 7 years
Child 5 years

I’m lost, who is MJR?

I downloaded the death certificate

Ilona died age 31
cause of death Mycardial ischaemia (heart)

I find this unusual

The Coroner at Melbourne Mr H.W. Pascoe ordered burial of the body without inquest.

Born Budapest, Hungary
Period of residence in Australia 2 years

Married in Budapest Hungary
Age 23 years
To MJR

Child 7 years
Child 5 years

According to the NAA documents, it’s Willy Wouter. He may have also used his mothers maiden name which starts with C and is in that document. There’s quite a list of aliases in the NAA document.
Don’t know if it’s any help, but i’m from Belgium, and ‘Wouters’, with an ‘s’ is a common name in Belgium. So there’s a good chance it was written that way. Maybe that helps when looking that alias up…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel