Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If any new evidence comes to light through coverage of the inquest, would it be able to be presented now while the inquest is on.
Or is only the evidence they already had prior to this segment of the inquest allowed.

Still no sign that there will be a live stream on the 14th.

Sorry if this has been posted previously. Death index of RB first wife.
Name: Ilona Jacoueline Reid
Death Age: 31
Birth Date: abt 1947
Death Date: Abt 1978
Death Place: St Kilda, Victoria
Registration Date: 1978
Registration Place: Australia
Father: Josef Kinczel
Mother: Elizabeth Novotny
Wow, she died young. A year before his son with second wife was born. I hope there was nothing suspicious about her death... hopefully the police are looking into it.

I find it odd/strange that her daughter would use her deceased mothers first married name for 6 weeks ABN then change to hers, but hey this case is a little crazy.

I became confused there thinking that IW on the ABN website was RB's first wife but it was her daughter apparently. Was RB the father? IW died very young.

Can anyone locate this "ye old passy" - it is also an address he used on incoming cards - I know the residence is on Hazel Rd, Tamborine QLD but cant locate the number as they seem to use a house name instead

upload_2022-2-6_16-31-34.png

I have been meaning to add and ask why he always travels separately from the people he is potentially allegedly scamming , marrying etc bedsides the obvious . The only one i recall is his wife D and family when they flew together etc with children, although he continued to gather up frequent flyer points alone :rolleyes: no matter where the mother of his children lived .

Wow, she died young. A year before his son with second wife was born. I hope there was nothing suspicious about her death... hopefully the police are looking into it.

I hope nothing suspicious either ... There has been no sign at this point in time of any suggesting of any alleged physical harm so to me that is a good sign for Marion thus far .

I am finding it hard to keep up today by following notifications so i am finding having to follow by reading each numbered page to make sure i don't miss anything ;)

I have been meaning to add and ask why he always travels separately from the people he is potentially allegedly scamming , marrying etc bedsides the obvious . The only one i recall is his wife D and family when they flew together etc with children, although he continued to gather up frequent flyer points alone :rolleyes: no matter where the mother of his children lived .

Yes I find that strange too. If a man is my partner, I would insist that we travel together. In that respect, he has tried to leave no traces even to the extent of departing using one passport and returning using another and Marion knew him by even another name. I guess his travel companion might see that he is using different names when they go through Passport Control so he pretends that he has to go on a different flight earlier as he has to do business first which would be boring for them.

Everything is cash only except for a joint account mentioned with his wife in 1997 (to which he is the only one who has access), he quickly withdrew the cash and probably put it in a safe deposit envelope. Even his coins, jewellery and other valuables were probably stored in safety deposit boxes. I guess he has never paid any tax to ATO. Talk about untraceable!

I am still wondering why he used the name of Remakel on his driver's licence.

ALL IMO

Last edited:
Yes I find that strange too. If a man is my partner, I would insist that we travel together. In that respect, he has tried to leave no traces even to the extent of departing using one passport and returning using another and Marion knew him by even another name. I guess his travel companion might see that he is using different names when they go through Passport Control so he pretends that he has to go on a different flight earlier as he has to do business first which would be boring for them.

Everything is cash only except for a joint account mentioned with his wife in 1997 (to which he is the only one who has access), he quickly withdrew the cash and probably put it in a safe deposit envelope. Even his coins, jewellery and other valuables were probably stored in safety deposit boxes. I guess he has never paid any tax to ATO.

I am still wondering why he used the name of Remakel on his driver's licence.

He has a conviction for importing hashish - so maybe drug smuggling has something to do with leaving the case and travelling separately

When you look at the actual passenger cards, he and his first wife traveled same day. There seems to be a mis-type of date from the actual records. It also seems like she was approved to travel before they got married. Around that time (1969) he is was committing crimes he was later charged with. I wonder getting married helped him travel more easily to Australia (wife already approved) with goal of evading charges? Just an idea.

Sorry if this has been posted previously. Death index of RB first wife.
Name: Ilona Jacoueline Reid
Death Age: 31
Birth Date: abt 1947
Death Date: Abt 1978
Death Place: St Kilda, Victoria
Registration Date: 1978
Registration Place: Australia
Father: Josef Kinczel
Mother: Elizabeth Novotny
Died at 31? Does this strike anyone else as suspicious? And "Reid"... Another name. Did she divorce and remarry or is Reid another one of his aliases... Its a tangled mess of different countries, states and names. Will the real story ever be known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1