Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
H'mm, I've subscribed to the Coroner's Court on youtube, Marion Barter inquest, and I haven't received a livestreaming link for Monday. So, could this mean the applications heard on day one were to restrict the public from viewing RB and DB's evidence?:(

Interesting. Because it was the police's lawyer who brought it up. I wonder if DW and RB will throw anyone under the bus? If they're going down, will they take others with them?!

As per why Ballina and Byron? Well, we've seen most witnesses are zooming from home. I suspect DW and RB will have a day each. Perhaps DW and RB didn't want to show their home (stolen art in the background? :p), they're in hospital or old folks homes, or in jail (one can only hope).

I suspect Byron witnesses might be more police, bank staff or locals that saw something. But again, regular folk are calling in from home. So...?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Because it was the police's lawyer who brought it up. I wonder if DW and RB will throw anyone under the bus? If they're going down, will they take others with them?!

As per why Ballina and Byron? Well, we've seen most witnesses are zooming from home. I suspect DW and RB will have a day each. Perhaps DW and RB didn't want to show their home (stolen art in the background? :p), they're in hospital or old folks homes, or in jail (one can only hope).

I suspect Byron witnesses might be more police, bank staff or locals that saw something. But again, regular folk are calling in from home. So...?

Maybe Police still have their computers so they cannot Zoom in from home??

At the beginning of the inquest last year, they announced it was going to be one week in NSW, then one week split between Ballina and Byron. They never said why. We all wondered 'what's in Ballina?'

At the time, there were some bones found in the area. Sally had to put out a statement saying they were not her mum's (could still be, sometimes police keep things up their sleeves, for strategic purposes).

Then we all wondered if it had to do with Remakel rencontres ad. Yonks ago @Itsapuzzle found the phone listed in the ad was associated with this address:

Unknown Unit number
53 Anderson St, East Ballina NSW 2478, Australia

During first week of inquest, they announced a reward for info, and the one-week split between Ballina and Byron would be postponed until this year to investigate further links to Remakel.

Only recently did they announce a full extra week being added. No idea what all this means, or when they found and interviewed RB, or why Ballina, lol. They still haven't announced witnesses. They are keeping it TIGHT!

NSW Coroner's Court just updated their schedule. Mon-Tues at Ballina and Wed-Fri at Byron Bay!

I think RB lived in Ballina in the 90s. If you google his son's name, there is a link showing that he (the son) graduated on the merit list from Ballina High School in 1996. RB/DB could still be there.

I think RB lived in Ballina in the 90s. If you google his son's name, there is a link showing that he (the son) graduated on the merit list from Ballina High School in 1996. RB/DB could still be there.

I think that Ballina is the most likely place that he and his family have been living at least since at least the early 90s and the other addresses like Wollongbar (18 mins away) and Lennox Head (10 mins away) and so on, were fictitious.

What determines the location? The residence of the witness? Location of a historical incident? Just curious.

Also, because I’m not familiar with AU procedures/terms, was wondering if anyone could clarify what the term “articles” means. The attorney has mentioned discussions related to articles — those discussion have occurred/will occur outside of public eye.

This case itself is fascinating, but also super interesting to observe AU legal procedures.

What determines the location? The residence of the witness? Location of a historical incident? Just curious.

Also, because I’m not familiar with AU procedures/terms, was wondering if anyone could clarify what the term “articles” means. The attorney has mentioned discussions related to articles — those discussion have occurred/will occur outside of public eye.

This case itself is fascinating, but also super interesting to observe AU legal procedures.

Usually it would be held at the location of an incident, but in this case I am not sure. As Estelle said, having it held in two locations that are so close doesn’t make a lot of sense but there must be some reason for it.

What is an article in legal terms?

An article is a separate and distinct part of a written instrument, such as a contract, statute, or constitution, that is often divided into sections. A written instrument, containing a series of rules and stipulations that are each designated as an article.

Definition

An article is a subdivision of a larger legal document or law. Articles outline specific areas of regulation. An article can be further divided into sections, which specifically address each legal point.

Where can I find legal articles?

Law review, or law journal, articles can be found in multiple places, including online databases and print copies within the Law Library's collection. The main online databases useful for locating law review articles are Westlaw, LexisNexis, and HeinOnline.

You might like to read this:

Overview of the coronial process

Overview of the Coronial process

But it does not explain how they decide where to hold it.

The nearest Correctional Centre to Ballina is at Grafton - 1.5 hours away south.

Clarence Correctional Centre is a minimum- and maximum-security prison for men and women located near Grafton, New South Wales, Australia. It holds inmates sentenced under State or Australian criminal law. It has 1,700 beds, making it the largest prison in Australia. It's operated by Serco.

Monday 14 to Tuesday 15 February 2022
Inquest into the disappearance and suspected death of Florabella Natalia Marion REMAKEL
Missing person
Ballina Courthouse, Cnr River & Martin Sts, Ballina
Courtroom 1 at 10.00 AM Before Her Honour Magistrate O'Sullivan, State Coroner

Wednesday 16 to Friday 18 February 2022
Inquest into the disappearance and suspected death of Florabella Natalia Marion REMAKEL

Byron Bay Courthouse, Middleton St Byron Bay
Courtroom 1 at 10.00AM Before Her Honour Magistrate O'Sullivan, State Coroner

Upcoming inquests

Something I noticed is that in the first notice above, they state that Florabella is a missing person. But in the second notice, she is not described as a missing person.

I am not sure if there is any significance to this or not.

At the beginning of the inquest last year, they announced it was going to be one week in NSW, then one week split between Ballina and Byron. They never said why. We all wondered 'what's in Ballina?'

At the time, there were some bones found in the area. Sally had to put out a statement saying they were not her mum's (could still be, sometimes police keep things up their sleeves, for strategic purposes).

Then we all wondered if it had to do with Remakel rencontres ad. Yonks ago @Itsapuzzle found the phone listed in the ad was associated with this address:

Unknown Unit number
53 Anderson St, East Ballina NSW 2478, Australia

During first week of inquest, they announced a reward for info, and the one-week split between Ballina and Byron would be postponed until this year to investigate further links to Remakel.

Only recently did they announce a full extra week being added. No idea what all this means, or when they found and interviewed RB, or why Ballina, lol. They still haven't announced witnesses. They are keeping it TIGHT!

NSW Coroner's Court just updated their schedule. Mon-Tues at Ballina and Wed-Fri at Byron Bay!

The curse of Byron Bay:

Skeleton remains found as another mystery hits Byron Bay | Daily Mail Online

I have only heard mention of 2 witnesses DH & DH/RB. So 5 days more of inquest seems like a lot. There must be something significant that hasn’t yet been shared publicly. Maybe just hopeful thinking on my part.

I have only heard mention of 2 witnesses DH & DH/RB. So 5 days more of inquest seems like a lot. There must be something significant that hasn’t yet been shared publicly. Maybe just hopeful thinking on my part.

After technical issues, power cuts, lunch breaks etc it only seems to last a couple of hours a day!

Can’t they just cut to the chase, what the hell have you done with Marion Barter? We’ll worry about the detail later!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay