Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew it! DdeH always called him Ric because that was how he introduced himself - Frederick . She wasnt lying.

She was lying through her teeth. Told the Court he was introduced to her as WW and *she* picked the name Ric which she chose to call him instead of WW because she simply liked it. No explanation for why she liked it, she just liked it (and no mention of a frog ;)).

IMO, I suspect that the point of all this, is so Casselden can demonstrate:
1. he had prior conviction records but was deceitful and hid it in all immigration applications
2. he was using different names to deceive authorities and people, including Marion.

Basically, he is deceitful, regularly and to everyone. So his testimony and excuses are bull. He scammed Marion.
Yes agree .... I wondered if he may get deported after this? But hopefully not until they find Marion ....

She was lying through her teeth. Told the Court he was introduced to her as WW and *she* picked the name Ric which she chose to call him instead of WW because she simply liked it. No explanation for why she liked it, she just liked it (and no mention of a frog ;)).

Sometimes I call myself Beyoncé, it’s not my name but I just like it.

Is there evidence to show they were both on the Chusan when it docked in Sydney in early 1970? Or any other boat / plane at that time?

The passenger lists for the Chusan are available online and they are not on them. Also apparently while he was on that ship his wife gave birth, he reported the birth and then he flew with his wife to Europe!

The Chusan did appear to make two additional stops in Australia - one in 1971, but that was coming from the US, not from Australia. It also stopped in 1972, but I think he was in prison by then.

I have always believed he stole the WW name. I posted previously that on one of the genealogical websites the silhouette for WW is female.JMO MOO
Has anyone found an actual Birth Certificate for him???? If this info from the coin website is correct......

by succession then to the current collector's grandmother, Maria Coppenolle de Froyennes (died 1990).

The passenger lists for the Chusan are available online and they are not on them. Also apparently while he was on that ship his wife gave birth, he reported the birth and then he flew with his wife to Europe!

The Chusan did appear to make two additional stops in Australia - one in 1971, but that was coming from the US, not from Australia. It also stopped in 1972, but I think he was in prison by then.
I think this was why he said he “didn’t remember which name he booked the trip under”. Much harder to dispute.

Is there evidence to show they were both on the Chusan when it docked in Sydney in early 1970? Or any other boat / plane at that time?
There's a whole heap of posts on this topic over the past two weeks. Last night, there was a lot of research done that you can also read. Plus some conversations within today's posts only.

But in short, no, we did not find any records that he was on the ship. Or even evidence that DW was on the ship. But we don't have access to all the manifests. However, what is most interesting is this timeline that was posted several times:

Early Jan 1970 – WW and DW meet aboard the Chusan departing Southampton, UK.
15 Feb 1970 – After living in Aus for the past year, WW and IK depart Aus together, status divorced. They were married for 11 months and left for Belgium without a re-enty to Aus visa.
Early Mar 1970 – WW and DW arrive in Sydney on the Chusan after a 3 month journey on the seas.

How could WW meet DW on the Chusan between Jan and Mar 1970 when he was still in Australia with wife IK and immigration records show they left together by plane to Belgium on the 15 Feb 1970?

All this is backed up with what Casselden said today. He can't be in two places at once and they have immigration records to prove he was in Aus with wife Ilona at the time he claims to have me Dianne on a boat on the way to Aus.

He seems to be lying when and where he met Dianne. Why? There are a lot of theories posted previously.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was lying? Because she said she knew him then as WW.

Yes she knew him as WW but if he told her about his name FdeH and to call him Fred, she would have always called him rick. Not saying she didnt know his name was WW but that he preferred F.

I am known as a family nickname that has always been used and that isn't my Christian name so it isn't unusual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95