Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many red flags after watching AK. If my house was raided for 14 hrs by cops you can guarantee that's all me and my husband would be talking about after they left. Why is he still in that house? Even if he can still be there how morally wrong is that. Straight away that tells me he is dodgy. Why would a disgruntled investor kill her? Then they have less chance to recoup money she is more valuable to all investors alive. The only person who couldn't keep their same lifestyle post raid with her alive is AK. He wasn't about to go back to a hairdressing wage to support himself. He was going to be a music star until ASIC ruined it for him.

AK is such a liar. He says he believes she did nothing wrong. Prior to that he said she would have a lot of enemies who may want to murder her. Which one is it AK I thought you said she didn't do anything wrong. Guys is a liar and should've got out of that house a long time ago. Just because you can stay there (for now) it doesn't mean you should. I've never had an opinion on what happened to MC either way but now I'm convinced AK has involvement. She was the love of his life yet no emotion. The brother seemed far more devastated.

I haven’t watched the interview yet, but none of the responses here are surprising.

I was going to say I can’t believe he’s still in the house, but it happened 11 months ago. Grief doesn’t make you think straight, but then again most would have moved elsewhere by now.

Like I mentioned a few months ago I don’t think he killed or did anything to MC. Nor do I think he’s involved in her fraud shenanigans, but IMO he knows more than he’s letting on. IMO there’s another person involved & AK knows

AK is such a liar. He says he believes she did nothing wrong. Prior to that he said she would have a lot of enemies who may want to murder her. Which one is it AK I thought you said she didn't do anything wrong. Guys is a liar and should've got out of that house a long time ago. Just because you can stay there (for now) it doesn't mean you should. I've never had an opinion on what happened to MC either way but now I'm convinced AK has involvement. She was the love of his life yet no emotion. The brother seemed far more devastated.
He’s never admitted / believed she’s done anything wrong. She mentioned to him about the ex work colleague reporting her to asic & that it was all a misunderstanding. MC fed everyone lies.

There’s more to the story though

BBM
Hmm, I was wondering the exact same thing!!!!

My thoughts, after watching the episode ..... Is AK going to attempt to sue ASIC for MK's death???? He seems to believe they are responsible.....

Also wondering, who is the investor with "crime connections" ???? (possibly not one of the 61??)

IMO
Ha! Maybe my theory isn’t far fetched after all.
Maybe he knows more than what he’s letting on, but if he tells then he’s either going to jail or getting murdered.

All imo.

Have watched the show. Delusional comes to mind. Also lying about the time MC went to bed.

I really don’t think AK has the mental capacity to even contemplate murdering someone, let alone actually going through it. He might know who it could be though, but won’t say anything due to consequences from the person or police. I think he may have helped her run away / disappear but thinking she’d come back at some point.

As for him being more sad about losing his lifestyle than MC, well he’s definitely upset about the loss of his former life but he also believes that MC was running a legitimate business & it’s clear that he’s pretty naive & yeah probably a bit simple too.

The AFP/ASIC personnel had to eat and drink so they would have taken a break for lunch themselves. So I would have assumed that AK and MC would have had lunch together. Is AK so hopeless and entitled that he cannot even prepare a sandwich and a drink for lunch? I cannot really believe anything that comes out of his mouth.
AFP/ASIC might have switched out personnel, using two shifts of workers. They could go in and out of the house and probably had something to sustain them in their van. I think it's quite possible AK and MC were kept apart and weren't permitted to leave the house, and MC wasn't allowed to use the kitchen. It's likely she was offered refreshments which she may have refused ('not after you've touched it'; 'I only eat organic').

I can also believe that AK was sensitive enough not to further interrogate an obviously devastated Melissa after it was all over. Having had a volatile partner I would have been attuned to his needs just then and saved the questions for later. Part caring, part not wanting the blow-up.

Can you imagine it?

AK lounges on the lounge all day while AFP/ASIC are there for 14 hours, then after they leave, he and MC over dinner that night do not even talk about what happened, what she is going to do now and how he was going to be affected? So silence at dinner perhaps because OC was there. So after dinner, AK goes straight to his music room and possibly plays loud music until 4am making his neighbours think that there was a party going on, MC goes to bed and AK joins her for spooning and cuddling at 4am, then she gets up at 5,30am, does not wake him or leave a suicide note and goes walking in the same outfit without her mobile or wallet and a murderer picks her up and her life is ended somewhere at some time and her foot ends up many kilometres away on an isolated beach which she had visited on a school excursion. In the meantime, AK searches every day for her by driving around in his sports car to places she loves for months in case she has left messages somewhere for him.

AK is incredulous!

A movie needs to be made of this story!
There's a new parfum in town, its called Eau De BS!
My thoughts exactly Estelle, and did anyone notice the size of his eyes, not symetrical at all, and haven't always been like that. I think I need a ciggy and a good lie (sic) down!, and then a spooning.

They also went to the same school. And apparently they loved skiing.
I can’t imagine those two in the Sydney private school function circles but there you go
No Sophist, ..... are you telling me they are private school educated? Ye Gods!@#
I think you'll find there is an 11 year gap.
As far as I know and have read, the son (whom we cannot name) attends a private school, at least the AK's interview will help to pay for an excursion here or there, some ciggies and a tee shirt.

i asked my partner what he would do after a 14 hr asic interrogation, he said hed just curl up and go to bed, so its feasible ak is telling the truth, and not wanting to upset mc more, maybe she had a terrible temper and moody, wanting to be left alone, he seems very naive and almost childlike, mc probably the controller in the marriage, i was intrigued though to hear she worked alongside other people in her home office, how did they not know what she was doing?
i found the whole ch 7 interview really tacky and over dramatised with the shots of ak standing alone at the beach and waves crashing behind him and poring over the photo album etc, also wondering when mc gave her brother her dog?

So many red flags after watching AK. If my house was raided for 14 hrs by cops you can guarantee that's all me and my husband would be talking about after they left. Why is he still in that house? Even if he can still be there how morally wrong is that. Straight away that tells me he is dodgy. Why would a disgruntled investor kill her? Then they have less chance to recoup money she is more valuable to all investors alive. The only person who couldn't keep their same lifestyle post raid with her alive is AK. He wasn't about to go back to a hairdressing wage to support himself. He was going to be a music star until ASIC ruined it for him.

Yes the investors did not even know about the AFP/ASIC raid until days later when it reached the media. He and MC's family were the only ones who knew unless MC phoned someone else that night while AK was playing his music.

You are right. AK, her son and family were the only ones who would benefit from MC's death.

Last edited:
i asked my partner what he would do after a 14 hr asic interrogation, he said hed just curl up and go to bed, so its feasible ak is telling the truth, and not wanting to upset mc more, maybe she had a terrible temper and moody, wanting to be left alone, he seems very naive and almost childlike, mc probably the controller in the marriage, i was intrigued though to hear she worked alongside other people in her home office, how did they not know what she was doing?
i found the whole ch 7 interview really tacky and over dramatised with the shots of ak standing alone at the beach and waves crashing behind him and poring over the photo album etc, also wondering when mc gave her brother her dog?
I think lying down after that ordeal would be feasible, except that he’s previously recounted a different version of events during that timeframe.

The interview was very tacky imo. The beach scene was one thing, but him mentioning that he was having a ciggy right at the end just made the show look like a current affair. It was designed to get the public outraged that he’s smoking cigarettes in a house that MC obtained through a Ponzi scheme & the cigarettes are paid for with child support money. It was poor taste.

If Melissa went over the cliffs, that was Aphrodite returning to the foam from which she was born.
:p
You made me log-in with this JLZ, I had to 'like' it and reply :D

Possibly highly inappropriate of you to say, but I've been watching stand-up comedy on Netflix just now so I was prepped to lol and lol I did.

Wow. So many more questions...
1. He cast lots of shade on whoever was helping MC with the business on a daily basis. Who was this and what did they do?
2. if you take everything he says as truth... the son needs to be removed ASAP for his own safety. This man has no ability to take care of another human. (the dog was not even left to him).
3. Where was the son during the raid? No discussions as a family afterwards?
4. He has a delusional sense of self entitlement to justify remaining in that house.
5. Why cant he sleep in the bed they shared? He said that he has not been able to sleep in it since she was missing... that's how she left it... is that supported by the asic video of the raid? Why didn't he sleep in it before the police were called? guilt?
6. His surprise at the beach where the foot was found? As if he didn't google or research the place his beloveds foot was found.
7. He says he is content with the foot being found minus her body. Yet he says he believes she was murdered. Why is he content with that? He should be pushing to find the body and get justice for her. I would be everywhere shamelessly advertising the case (especially a case this media hungry) to flush out information.
He never looked at the camera and called out a killer.....

Perhaps he is. A few months ago I had a theory that there could be a shady third party involved. It could be the case, or maybe AK has been reading through the threads & using some of the posts as his truth or likely version of events?

We've never known before that he supposedly stayed up until 4am. Perhaps that has been the way he has been able to block his emotions all these years. But it's still difficult for me to believe that they did not talk about the ASIC raid. It's not normal.

Today, I am wondering about what the aftermath of the Ch7 interview will be for AK?

I think it will have enraged the investors even more.
I think so too. I’d say most viewers assumed guilt & it’s not going to help him much, especially as he was paid for the interview. If he is simply naive, gullible or on the spectrum (which would explain the strange facial expressions) then his mental health will plummet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member