Deceased/Not Found AUSTRALIA - Ms Lesley Trotter, 78, Homicide, Brisbane, 28 Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We have some strong lines of inquiry [about the body’s location] that, I believe, will come to fruition,” Massingham said.
(Tootise's SMH link)

Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said he expected the investigation into Ms Trotter’s death would be “lengthy and complex”.
(Slouth's CM link)

Does it sound like the rubbish dump?

I have followed at least several US cases where deceased people were searched for in rubbish dumps, after being placed in a rubbish receptacle.
The searches were lengthy and complex, even though the searches were commenced within weeks of the people's disappearance.

Eg:
Quinton Simon (20 months old, put in a dumpster, found in landfill)
Kamille 'Cupcake' McKinney (3 years old, put in a dumpster, found in landfill)
Heidi Planck (39 year old mum, suspected of being put in a garbage chute, landfill searched, never found)

“We have some strong lines of inquiry [about the body’s location] that, I believe, will come to fruition,” Massingham said.
(Tootise's SMH link)

Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said he expected the investigation into Ms Trotter’s death would be “lengthy and complex”.
(Slouth's CM link)

I have followed at least several US cases where deceased people were searched for in rubbish dumps, after being placed in a rubbish receptacle.
The searches were lengthy and complex, even though the searches were commenced within weeks of the people's disappearance.

Eg:
Heidi Planck (39 year old mum, suspected of being put in a garbage chute, landfill searched, never found)
Yes that is what I am thinking too SA…. It’s heartbreaking to think that…

What has the world become if someone has been murdered of recycling rubbish ….?

Yes some may see it as intrusive to have their rubbish sorted by another, but what ever happened to just articulating that they were not happy about it, without resorting to killing someone….?
iMO

I took a look at the sunrise time on that day, on 28th March it was 5:56am.
Dawn would have been breaking a little before that. Headlights would have been needed for a while.

For people driving on Lesley's side of the road, I think the sunrise would be behind them. So maybe no sun in their eyes.

Just in consideration of a hit-dump-and-run.

But there are also the options of inattentive driver, sleepy driver, impaired driver.

(Tootise's SMH link)

(Slouth's CM link)

Eg:
Yes, they sound quite confident they know where her body is, so logically the rubbish dump.
Is this likely the second crime scene, or is the first her apartment, and second the bin area?

WE ARE CLOSE. WE NEED 500 DOLLARS IN DONATIONS TO REACH OUR GOAL TO KEEP WEBSLEUTHS GOING.
Every month for about 228 months (that is 19 years) I have gladly paid the bills. Rarely over the 19 years have I asked for your help. THANK YOU to all who have donated. I will post an announcement and stop accepting donations when we reach our goal!
Please use PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
If the PayPal link does not work for you go to www.paypal.com and put in the email websleuths.com@gmail.com and you can send a donation that way.
Venmo name is Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14

(PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS DONATIONS ON THIS THREAD. CLICK HERE FOR DISCUSSION AND MORE INFORMATION)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Tricia

Police investigating the disappearance of a Toowong retiree, whose habit of monitoring her neighbours’ recycling compliance was known to have caused some angst, have sent blood samples found at a nearby unit block’s bin area for forensic testing.

(...)

On Sunday, Detective Superintendent Andrew Massingham said it was not yet known whether traces of blood found at a bin area at a nearby unit complex were related to her suspected death.

Yes that is what I am thinking too SA…. It’s heartbreaking to think that…

What has the world become if someone has been murdered of recycling rubbish ….?

Yes some may see it as intrusive to have their rubbish sorted by another, but what ever happened to just articulating that they were not happy about it, without resorting to killing someone….?
iMO
I wonder if it was “her way” that even if someone told her they weren’t happy about it, whether she would respect that and not touch their bins?
It seems being a teacher and civic minded she might have thought her cause more noble and important than allowing others privacy? The language used in the reports suggest continuing tension about the bins not just an incident.

I wonder if it was “her way” that even if someone told her they weren’t happy about it, whether she would respect that and not touch their bins?
It seems being a teacher and civic minded she might have thought her cause more noble and important than allowing others privacy? The language used in the reports suggest continuing tension about the bins not just an incident.

I have wondered if there are complaints to the council about Lesley's sorting activities.
If so, that may have given the police some indication about what has happened here.

Any time that I have called my local council for whatever reason, I always need to supply my name and address. So they can log the call and respond.

Perhaps there is nothing the council could do about Lesley's activities. That she was within her rights to sort rubbish once it was placed on the street (curbside).

I have wondered if there are complaints to the council about Lesley's sorting activities.
If so, that may have given the police some indication about what has happened here.

Any time that I have called my local council for whatever reason, I always need to supply my name and address. So they can log the call and respond.

Perhaps there is nothing the council could do about Lesley's activities. That she was within her rights to sort rubbish once it was placed on the street (curbside).
She may have even called council to report neighbours not bringing bins in or recycling correctly?
Agree, I have also had to provide my info to report dumped rubbish etc.

And to take it one step further, the road verge is "crown" property, owned by the public and managed by the local council.

The verge allows safe passing by the public, with footpaths and no sight impediments for drivers.

ETA: add link

"No, you do not own your verge. The Local Government Act 1995 provides for local governments to care for, control and manage public land. Your verge is 'crown land' under the control of your local government."

Last edited:
I just realised by out on the street, I did mean not on the actual street though that does apply. I meant the nature strip.
Like South says, we don't own the footpath, or what some call the nature strip.

We don't own anything past our fence.

I personally hate it when people put their bins on the road. There are getting less and less places where people can park their cars on the street already.
There were new neighbours who did that for a short time. They must have realised that no one else did, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper