Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen/ has it been reported if he went on his trip when the disappearance happened solo? I read in the previous thread it said another person who didn't return that weekend, but I haven't seen any msm reports regarding this. Is it just speculation?

If you scroll back to page #4 on this thread you’d see I speculated about this.
Yes I agree that this theory/possibility has been mentioned multiple times and is not a new theory to some sleuthers. I only looked down that road in the last few days in light of recent information that is coming out.

I googled "Pilot Serial Killer" yesterday and it was amazing how many matches came up. Names like Christian Martin, Russell Williams, Robert Lee Yates, Robert Hansen + more.

This is IMO only and not saying this is the case here.

Unusual twist in missing campers arrest saga

Greg Lynn, 55, has not yet been charged with any offence but can remain in custody for a “reasonable amount of time” before being released, held or bailed.

However, a 72-hour stretch without a charge is rare, with Mr Lynn’s arrest coming after a 20-month investigation into the disappearance of campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay

A missing persons expert has revealed how the families of campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay may find hope after the man being questioned over their disappearance was identified.

Missing Persons Network chief executive Valentine Smith said the Melbourne friends’ loved ones could soon start to seek closure after 20 months of mystery.

Yes I agree that this theory/possibility has been mentioned multiple times and is not a new theory to some sleuthers. I only looked down that road in the last few days in light of recent information that is coming out.

I googled "Pilot Serial Killer" yesterday and it was amazing how many matches came up. Names like Christian Martin, Russell Williams, Robert Lee Yates, Robert Hansen + more.

This is IMO only and not saying this is the case here.

Very interesting. Didn’t Joseph Deangelo and Israel Keyes also have access to planes through family members and friends?

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Detectives have continued a forensic search of Mr Lynn’s spray painted Nissan Patrol 4WD vehicle in the search for evidence relating to missing campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay.

The vehicle remained a central focus for detectives who were continuing to comb it for clues that may link the suspect to the pair.

Mr Lynn’s social media accounts were abruptly pulled down after his identity was revealed in media reports.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Found one I can read.

Wife died outside then home, sudden death, Coroners Inquest

Wifes name was Lisa Lynn. Died in suburban Melbourne about 20 years ago.

He was described as a loner. Some workplace relationships were strained

It is behind a paywall but I can read it.

Just to add a little more (we all notice different things in these articles)

GL's late wife died in "tragic circumstances" (as well as sudden).

When SOG officers helicoptered in to arrest GL, the helicopters had to land at a school camp. The 14 & 15 year old students there were told that the operation was a training drill.

The SOG officers then drove to Doolans Plain where GL was arrested without incident.

Last edited:
Just to add a little more (we all notice different things in these articles)

GL's late wife died in "tragic circumstances" (as well as sudden).

When SOG officers helicoptered in to arrest GL, the helicopter had to land at a school camp. The 14 & 15 year old students there were told that the operation was a training drill.

The SOG officers then drove to Doolans Plain where GL was arrested without incident.
How exciting for those kids.

Interesting that the motor vehicle was re-sprayed and kept by GL but the trailer has disappeared?

It sounds probable IMO that Carol and Russell were transported in the trailer hence GL wanted to destroy this evidence.

Evidence at the campsite was destroyed by fire and IMO trailer may have been destroyed by fire at a remote location, maybe a week or two later?

I wonder if any neighbours can recall seeing the trailer receive a high pressure wash/thorough clean when he returned from this trip. Was this something he did regularly or only on 1 particular occasion?

If the trailer was borrowed was it returned "cleaner" than normal?? Trailer would have a registration number and my guess is that it may never have been re-registered? Police would know.

can you melt a steel trailer in a normal camp fire?.. i mean i don't know if you can iv never tried
I mean more to destroy DNA evidence like skin, blood, fluid etc. Sorry to be graphic. Imagine if trailer was burnt out deep in the the bush somewhere , rego plate removed and destroyed and then the trailer reported stolen to collect insurance (if GL was the owner of trailer?) Safer than selling trailer as Police could still track it then and still DNA test later? GL sounds like a clever cookie.

I mean more to destroy DNA evidence like skin, blood, fluid etc. Sorry to be graphic. Imagine if trailer was burnt out deep in the the bush somewhere , rego plate removed and destroyed and then the trailer reported stolen to collect insurance (if GL was the owner of trailer?) Safer than selling trailer as Police could still track it then and still DNA test later? GL sounds like a clever cookie.

pressure wash it with a bleach solution and burry the thing somewhere remote no one would look for it

i mean... if it was me ...:eek:

Couldn't you cut it up and throw it in different waterways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader