Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that is what I am confused about. Have 2 of his partners died? and he is currently with his 3rd partner Melanie Lynn????

No .... on the previous page of this thread there was reference made to a UK case about to go to trial where it appears that 2 ex wives of that person had died, not 2 ex wives of GL.

So easy to get confused in these threads isn't it :)

Police should ask on every Facebook selling site for the person who bought a trailer to come forward. If he did sell it on one of those he would have deleted the post and any PMs.
You can bet the police will be trawling such sites. If he sold it, then there may well be a money transfer; it was registered so it may have been re-registered; it had a number plate, so the records of speed cameras and toll cameras, all of which have NPR, will be interrogated to see if he towed it somewhere and then returned without it. Similarly, purchases of fuel will be recorded by CCTV, so if police have a time frame for disposal - and they seem to, as they are saying March to July, 2020 [Russell Hill, Carol Clay disappearance ‘one of the most complex investigations’: Victoria Police chief], then they can narrow the date. Also, ceel phone data is retained for two years, and that will track his movement during those months. The police seem to be suggesting he sold it; but he may have dumped it some where. Or, if he is handy with an angle grinder/oxy set, chopped it up. But again, there will be signs of that.
The point of all this is that we should be confident the police will find the trailer or will work out what he did with it.
It is very difficult to do anything these days and get away with it. And kool kids don't do crime.
Edited to take account of #878 - the trailer may not have needed to be registered. One person suggested that it looked like it had a Jerry-can holder and also unusual mudguards.

The Herald Sun understands Lisa Lynn’s death came outside the home she shared with her pilot husband in suburban Melbourne about 20 years ago
PROV lists the location as Mount Macedon, which is outside Melbourne. I always thought it referred to the 'place of death', but maybe it's an individual's registered address.
Public Record Office Victoria Collection | PROV

Imo, it is possible that the trailer was destroyed/dumped. Saying he sold it is a lot less suspicious.

Moo.
Beautiful SuziQ - I was just thinking the same. Telling the police that he sold it seems so much less suspicious.

Pretty hard to explain why you would push a trailer into a lake, off a cliff or burn it.

They also said sold "from March to July" - this is a big window indicating GL has been very vague with his answer.

Probably telling Police that a guy walked past his house with a bundle of cash in his hand and admired his trailer so he he sold it to him. Or was camping and someone offered to buy it from him? No receipt no digital footprint etc. IMO only of course

Last edited:
RSBM
i saw someone post elsewhere that the cops had to have been monitoring him 24/7 internally in his house to know his mental state, because this guy has control of an entire plane of innocent lives when he flys for jetstar

i mean... if his mental condition deteriorated quickly... the end results could have been dramatic

I've never heard of LE installing LDs in someone's house to check their mental state. They'd have to get a warrant and to do that they'd have to provide a judge with very good reasons for wanting them as LDs are an extreme invasion of privacy. If they had reason to believe he might murder his family, harm the public or commit suicide, they might be good reasons, but where would they get that information from?

LE could have made enquiries at Jetstar.

"Jetstar has been advised by Victoria Police that one of its employees is under investigation for a serious crime and will work to assist in this due process any way we can. As a matter of course, the employee has been removed from duty as a result of their arrest."

Jetstar confirms it is standing down a pilot as police question the man over missing campers

PROV lists the location as Mount Macedon, which is outside Melbourne. I always thought it referred to the 'place of death', but maybe it's an individual's registered address.
Public Record Office Victoria Collection | PROV
Wow! That's a great piece of sleuthing. It gives an approximate date of death. Mrs Lynn's death was referred to the coroner and that record should be publicly available. Moreover, the record you found refers to probate being granted. This is usually preceded by a news paper advertisement and then when granted another notice. In some places (not sure about Victoria) probate when granted was listed in the government gazette.
It should be possible to find a date of death and there may be newspaper reports about a womans sudden death....
One thing, I think is certain, is Mr Lynn's life is being gone over with a fine tooth comb.

RSBM

I've never heard of LE installing LDs in someone's house to check their mental state. They'd have to get a warrant and to do that they'd have to provide a judge with very good reasons for wanting them as LDs are an extreme invasion of privacy. If they had reason to believe he might murder his family, harm the public or commit suicide, they might be good reasons, but where would they get that information from?

LE could have made enquiries at Jetstar.

"Jetstar has been advised by Victoria Police that one of its employees is under investigation for a serious crime and will work to assist in this due process any way we can. As a matter of course, the employee has been removed from duty as a result of their arrest."

Jetstar confirms it is standing down a pilot as police question the man over missing campers

They can, especially if the person is a flight risk, has access to weapons or is known to be violent. Such warrants are not solely to gather information on mental state but such information emerges in the course of gathering information and police experts then assess it. In such cases, police are not only gathering information to resolve the issue (in this case, what happened to Mr Hill and Ms Clay) but also to ensure the community and his family are safe, given his ownership of firearms.

We bought a new trailer and didn't register it for 2 years because we're lazy. We lived in the suburbs, used it heaps and got picked up by the police twice because it was unregistered.

We told them we had no excuse just hadn't gotten around to it and they just waved us on.

There are people who never bother to register their trailer if they hardly use it and/or just use it on their private property (large or rural properties).

Trailers are sold with OR without the licence plate so that could of have happened here.

In terms of cleaning it, I'm going to guess police have seized footage from every car wash place from the campgrounds to Caroline Springs between March & July. Probably have the footage.

Last edited:
I thought the friend from his youth was just asking people not to prejudge Lynn, saying to give him the presumption of innocence until either he's found guilty or there is clearer evidence of guilt?
I’d love to be a fly on the wall in that interview room. I’m so curious if the delay is him refusing to talk, or revealing eeeverything. I also would love to one day hear his wife’s version of things.
It’s so weird seeing him casually living life on Sunday, chatting to the neighbours - when he’s killed TWO people, allegedly. He hasn’t seemed to have lost weight or anything from stress.
And in the articles, the old friend vigorously defending him because he was friends with him until they were 19. The guys 55 now - that’s A LOT of time not knowing someone. Not sure I’d be putting myself out there defending a possible double murderer over a friendship I had 36 years ago…but that’s just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321