Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can, especially if the person is a flight risk, has access to weapons or is known to be violent. Such warrants are not solely to gather information on mental state but such information emerges in the course of gathering information and police experts then assess it. In such cases, police are not only gathering information to resolve the issue (in this case, what happened to Mr Hill and Ms Clay) but also to ensure the community and his family are safe, given his ownership of firearms.

I said:

If they had reason to believe he might murder his family, harm the public or commit suicide ...

This would apply to the first dot point below.

Police powers
A law enforcement officer or police officer can use a listening device in the following circumstances:
  • There is an imminent threat of serious violence to a person or an imminent threat of substantial damage to property;
  • A serious narcotics offence is being committed or will be committed;
  • The circumstances are so serious or of such urgency that use of a listening device is necessary and the circumstances make it impracticable to apply for a warrant;
  • The listening device is a body-worn video device, is visible and the officer has produced identification to the parties to the private conversation; or
  • The officer has obtained a warrant permitting the use of the listening device in certain circumstances (see below).
Warrants
In most circumstances, a law enforcement officer or police officer who wishes to use a listening device must get the permission of a Judge or a Magistrate in the form of a warrant.

An application to use a listening device must be made in writing and set out the reasons for why the use of a listening device is necessary. The application must also be supported by a sworn affidavit. If the application is granted, a warrant is issued authorising the use of the device. The warrant will set out precisely what device(s) can be used and allows the officer(s) to enter certain premises or vehicles – including by breaking in – and the taking of any action that is necessary to conceal the device.

Listening Devices and the law in NSW | Criminal Lawyers

The above applies to NSW, not Victoria, but I can assure you it will be similar in every State or Territory.

I've been unable to find the Victorian equivalent for use by police.
Please provide a link to support what you've said.

We bought a new trailer and didn't register it for 2 years because we're lazy. We lived in the suburbs, used it heaps and got picked up by the police twice because it was unregistered.

We told them we had no excuse just hadn't gotten around to it and they just waved us on.

There are people who never bother to register their trailer if they hardly use it and/or just use it on their private property (large or rural properties).

Trailers are sold without the licence plate so that could of have happened here.

In terms of cleaning it, I'm going to guess police have seized footage from every car wash place from the campgrounds to Caroline Springs between March & July. Probably have the footage.

It is extremely difficult to remove all traces. Remember the Peter Falconio case from Central Australia? Police found a pin-head sized drop of blood linking the killer to the missing man. But it is not only blood; it can be a sliver of skin, saliva, a hair root, a tear drop, and so on. Also, even if he got blood or other DNA on his clothes, but then brushed against something else, and then disposed of his clothes, the DNA can transfer - and quite easily. This has led to wrongful conviction and prosecutions: How an Innocent Man's DNA Was Found at a Crime Scene - California Innocence Project and How Indirect DNA Transfer Is Challenging Forensics and Overturning Wrongful Convictions.
But, it can also place a person in contact with someone who is missing.

I believe Lisa is interred primarily under her maiden name, but with a reference to her married name. The date of her passing is 26 Oct 1999. The burial location is outside Victoria. I can't link because the names of family members are included, but the info is out there.

Nah it doesn’t give an approx date, it gives the exact date. The first date listed is the date of death, the second date listed is the date probate was granted. So as Walk A Mile said, she died 26 Oct 1999, and it took almost 12 months before probate on her will was granted on 6 Oct 2000. (thanks to my mum for knowing these things, lol)
Wow! That's a great piece of sleuthing. It gives an approximate date of death. Mrs Lynn's death was referred to the coroner and that record should be publicly available. Moreover, the record you found refers to probate being granted. This is usually preceded by a news paper advertisement and then when granted another notice. In some places (not sure about Victoria) probate when granted was listed in the government gazette.
It should be possible to find a date of death and there may be newspaper reports about a womans sudden death....
One thing, I think is certain, is Mr Lynn's life is being gone over with a fine tooth comb.

Yeah just seen it, all her family are named wouldn’t be good to see it on here. Sad for them all, hope if this bloke did do something that her family get justice for her.
I believe Lisa is interred primarily under her maiden name, but with a reference to her married name. The date of her passing is 26 Oct 1999. The burial location is outside Victoria. I can't link because the names of family members are included, but the info is out there.

I said:

This would apply to the first dot point below.

Police powers
A law enforcement officer or police officer can use a listening device in the following circumstances:
  • There is an imminent threat of serious violence to a person or an imminent threat of substantial damage to property;
  • A serious narcotics offence is being committed or will be committed;
  • The circumstances are so serious or of such urgency that use of a listening device is necessary and the circumstances make it impracticable to apply for a warrant;
  • The listening device is a body-worn video device, is visible and the officer has produced identification to the parties to the private conversation; or
  • The officer has obtained a warrant permitting the use of the listening device in certain circumstances (see below).
Warrants
In most circumstances, a law enforcement officer or police officer who wishes to use a listening device must get the permission of a Judge or a Magistrate in the form of a warrant.

An application to use a listening device must be made in writing and set out the reasons for why the use of a listening device is necessary. The application must also be supported by a sworn affidavit. If the application is granted, a warrant is issued authorising the use of the device. The warrant will set out precisely what device(s) can be used and allows the officer(s) to enter certain premises or vehicles – including by breaking in – and the taking of any action that is necessary to conceal the device.

Listening Devices and the law in NSW | Criminal Lawyers

The above applies to NSW, not Victoria, but I can assure you it will be similar in every State or Territory.

I've been unable to find the Victorian equivalent for use by police.
Please provide a link to support what you've said.

I'm note sure which part you want me to prove. But the relevant Victorian legislation is found here: Surveillance Devices Act 1999, https://content.legislation.vic.gov...2-adea-acaa473530a4_99-21aa040 authorised.pdf

Subdivision 2—Surveillance device warrants
15 Application for surveillance device warrant (1) A law enforcement officer (or another person on his or her behalf) may apply for the issue of a surveillance device warrant if the law enforcement officer on reasonable grounds suspects or believes that— (a) an offence has been, is being, is about to be or is likely to be committed; and (b) the use of a surveillance device is or will be necessary for the purpose of an investigation into that offence or of enabling evidence or information to be obtained of the commission of that offence or the identity or location of the offender.
---
Police are always concerned about people who have access to fire arms, particularly if the person has had some connection with a serious crime involving offences against the person. Such people are monitored very closely. If information emerges in the course of an investigation about other actual or possible criminality, police do not ignore it. Courts usually decide if it can be used if it is outside the scope of the warrant. However, if there is information that the person being surveilled is becoming likely to commit and offence, pr harm themselves, police will not ignore it; they cant. A lot of this is contained in other laws, case law and police internal policies, but police have a general duty of care, including toward suspects. Some of the police duty of care responsibilities emerged in the "Lawyer X case".

Nah it doesn’t give an approx date, it gives the exact date. The first date listed is the date of death, the second date listed is the date probate was granted. So as Walk A Mile said, she died 26 Oct 1999, and it took almost 12 months before probate on her will was granted on 6 Oct 2000. (thanks to my mum for knowing these things, lol)

That's great - thank you for clarifying! It makes it easier to track news reports and so on.

Do you know if they met and married in South Australia, where GL grew up? If so, I'm guessing she is buried there.

When GLs and his wife's FB was visible, I looked at their posts. If someone commented or liked their posts I looked at their profiles too. One of these people had a trailer and seemed like a camper. I think they lived interstate (possibly WA or QLD if I can recall correctly). I can't recall if they were his or her friend but pretty sure GLs friend. Obviously his profile has been removed now anyway. The friend w the trailer was a bit younger and appeared to have younger kids I think. IMO don't think it's linked but interesting. Trailer looked similar I think.

Also, for anyone who looked at GL's FB did you notice he only had a pic of kid from current r'ship? What about the other kids from his previous marriage?
Yeah I noticed that too. His current wife seems to post photos of all 3 kids but GL only posted photos of one kid

Been showing the old girl these posts today over lunch and she just said maybe his 1st wife fell from the upstairs balcony onto the driveway?
Also does anyone know what his 1st wife Lisa died from? they say tragic accident in driveway..... what does that mean?

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Missing campers suspect’s first wife died in tragic circumstances
The former wife of High Country murders suspect Gregory Lynn had died in tragic circumstances outside the home they shared years earlier.

If you had asked me a month ago which missing people I'd most like to know what happened-William Tyrell and this case would have been my answer. It seems incredible that there is such activity in both, and I'm sure you all share my relief, and, for now suspenseful wondering. May there be some answers, and appropriate justice, soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1