Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #4 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people getting confused around police ‘speaking to him before’.

They spoke to everyone in the area. It wasn’t just him and him only they spoke to. It was more just now investigations unfold.

One talkback made it out as they have been speaking to him exclusively in the past. They spoke to dozens as part of the process.

RSBM

I've never heard of LE installing LDs in someone's house to check their mental state. They'd have to get a warrant and to do that they'd have to provide a judge with very good reasons for wanting them as LDs are an extreme invasion of privacy. If they had reason to believe he might murder his family, harm the public or commit suicide, they might be good reasons, but where would they get that information from?

LE could have made enquiries at Jetstar.

"Jetstar has been advised by Victoria Police that one of its employees is under investigation for a serious crime and will work to assist in this due process any way we can. As a matter of course, the employee has been removed from duty as a result of their arrest."

Jetstar confirms it is standing down a pilot as police question the man over missing campers
My guess is that there was no display of any mental illness whilst at Jetstar given the fact that he still held a Check n Trainer position. I worked with a senior Captain who had issues so they demoted him to a First Officer position (therefore he could not make major decisions whilst in flight) and was under instruction from the Captain. As a relative mentioned up line he had a “narc personality”….he would be in his element being interviewed by LE for 3 days (probably thinks he is running the show). He must have had a clean past otherwise he wouldn’t be able to get an ASIC every 2 years. Certainly hope they look into his previous wife’s demise.

RSBM

I've never heard of LE installing LDs in someone's house to check their mental state. They'd have to get a warrant and to do that they'd have to provide a judge with very good reasons for wanting them as LDs are an extreme invasion of privacy. If they had reason to believe he might murder his family, harm the public or commit suicide, they might be good reasons, but where would they get that information from?

LE could have made enquiries at Jetstar.

"Jetstar has been advised by Victoria Police that one of its employees is under investigation for a serious crime and will work to assist in this due process any way we can. As a matter of course, the employee has been removed from duty as a result of their arrest."

Jetstar confirms it is standing down a pilot as police question the man over missing campers
My guess is that there was no display of any mental illness whilst at Jetstar given the fact that he still held a Check n Trainer position. I worked with a senior Captain who had issues so they demoted him to a First Officer position (therefore he could not make major decisions whilst in flight) and was under instruction from the Captain. As a relative mentioned up line he had a “narc personality”….he would be in his element being interviewed by LE for 3 days (probably thinks he is running the show). He must have had a clean past otherwise he wouldn’t be able to get an ASIC every 2 years. Certainly hope they look into his previous wife’s demise.

Many people getting confused around police ‘speaking to him before’.

They spoke to everyone in the area. It wasn’t just him and him only they spoke to. It was more just now investigations unfold.

One talkback made it out as they have been speaking to him exclusively in the past. They spoke to dozens as part of the process.

That's right. But, what is interesting is the police were saying they had one vehicle outstanding (implying a person or more as well) that they could not trace, and seemed to be suggesting, after the arrest, that it was Mr Lynn's vehicle.
Some press report say that the google streeview photos alerted police to the change in vehicle colour: Key difference in photos led cops to pilot. This is odd, because one would have thought the police would have checked the vehicle details at the time.
I'm sure this will all come out. It is going to make a cracker of a TV series, like about the investigation of the murder of Milly Dowler (Manhunt: The real-life story behind the ITV drama). That series brought out utter horror of these sorts of crimes and incidents. But also the humanity with which the police approach it.

Last edited:
So Tootsie I must have missed something was she a flightie? If so I’d be interested to know which airline (lot’s of friends) that have also had 40 years in aviation.

The article linked before says she is a well-respected FA with Jetstar. Her initials are ML.

There are a couple of photos of her in the article. In one of them, she is wearing her uniform.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Yes, her occupation was listed as a flight attendant on the coroners report another member posted.
I don't recall mention of which airline.

So Tootsie I must have missed something was she a flightie? If so I’d be interested to know which airline (lot’s of friends) that have also had 40 years in aviation.

I had lunch with a couple of friends who have extensive experience interviewing people. They had some insights about what is likely going on. They too have been following this. They made these points:
- The police moved in to arrest Mr Lynn because of concerns about his mental health. They have stated this. That complicates the interview, because police have a duty of care towards anyone in their custody which makes them all the more cautious if the person has some medical or psychological condition. Presumably, the police would have taken advice on Mr Lynn's mental health and it was that advice which generated their concerns and led to the arrest. So, if Mr Lynn is psychologically distressed, that can prolong the period of time he is in custody before charge or release.
- The police will be trying to discover and resolve any inconsistency or unreasobableness in explanations Mr Lynn has given. For instance, he claims not to have met or seen Mr Hill or Ms Clay. If they can establish a forensic link then that claim seems untrue. Similarly, did Mr Lynn leave the valley in the dead of night? Why? [He might claim that there was another exact same 4WD in the valley, but then the cctv up and down the highways leading to the entry road may make that unreasonable.]
- Why did he repaint his 4WD? What did he do with his trailer?
- There will also be the purchase of fuel and other purchases, cell phone data, not only ot the sites but the phone itself, and if he has a gps that was recording his movements. Nothing is ever really deleted of those devices. Even things like fitbits can provide useful data.
Putting all this before the person being interviewed can take a lot of time (the Police Commissioner was alluding to that).
- Then there are the campers missing drone (and some reports say, phones). Again, devices sometimes talk to each other and leave digital "handshakes". This can show proximity and time and sometimes even location.
The police clearly think they are on a winner. But if he sticks to his story, and in the absence of information that contradicts it, he may not be prosecuted or even charged.
The tragedy of this is sobering, but the dedication of the police is also reassuring, IMHO.

I had lunch with a couple of friends who have extensive experience interviewing people. They had some insights about what is likely going on. They too have been following this. They made these points:
- The police moved in to arrest Mr Lynn because of concerns about his mental health. They have stated this. That complicates the interview, because police have a duty of care towards anyone in their custody which makes them all the more cautious if the person has some medical or psychological condition. Presumably, the police would have taken advice on Mr Lynn's mental health and it was that advice which generated their concerns and led to the arrest. So, if Mr Lynn is psychologically distressed, that can prolong the period of time he is in custody before charge or release.
- The police will be trying to discover and resolve any inconsistency or unreasobableness in explanations Mr Lynn has given. For instance, he claims not to have met or seen Mr Hill or Ms Clay. If they can establish a forensic link then that claim seems untrue. Similarly, did Mr Lynn leave the valley in the dead of night? Why? [He might claim that there was another exact same 4WD in the valley, but then the cctv up and down the highways leading to the entry road may make that unreasonable.]
- Why did he repaint his 4WD? What did he do with his trailer?
- There will also be the purchase of fuel and other purchases, cell phone data, not only ot the sites but the phone itself, and if he has a gps that was recording his movements. Nothing is ever really deleted of those devices. Even things like fitbits can provide useful data.
Putting all this before the person being interviewed can take a lot of time (the Police Commissioner was alluding to that).
- Then there are the campers missing drone (and some reports say, phones). Again, devices sometimes talk to each other and leave digital "handshakes". This can show proximity and time and sometimes even location.
The police clearly think they are on a winner. But if he sticks to his story, and in the absence of information that contradicts it, he may not be prosecuted or even charged.
The tragedy of this is sobering, but the dedication of the police is also reassuring, IMHO.

This. "The tragedy of this is sobering, but the dedication of the police is also reassuring, IMHO."

charged with 2 counts of murder

this press conference should tell us a lot more

#BREAKING: 7 News can confirm pilot Greg Lynn has been charged with two counts of murder over the disappearance of campers Russell Hill and Carol Clay
@7NewsMelbourne

I'm going to miss it live Glad to finally find out what's going on though

I'm not being snarky, but how would that bring them comfort?

Sorry edited, how would it be they didn't die in vain if he is a sk
Well, I don't know if I really do think that - but I think that sometimes bereaved people can find a bit of comfort that way, and it may turn out that because RH and CC died, a SK has been caught and stopped. Does anyone out there agree with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321