Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #6 *charges*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In thinking about GL's first wife's apparent cause of death and suspicion around who was responsible I think we should consider this scenario. Did GL approach RH & CC campsite in full friend mode and offer them a drink of some variety that may well have included a concoction of drugs that rendered them incapable of defending themselves. When you think about it. No gunshots, no blood at campsite and no evidence of a struggle or dna linking GL to the campsite. Did he drug them, then return later and extract the bodies and then proceed to place them in the trailer then in a strange way bury them elsewhere and incinerate them. This is merely an opinion I have that could hold some merit. If his first wife didn't suicide then the form could be represent something. I think the theory of drugging is a sound one because without evidence of a violent struggle at the campsite it is implausible to think GL could overpower both RH & CC without leaving evidence of the conflict and or without anyone in the area hearing the commotion of gunfire etc. Yes, I know it is a sick thought this theory but SK's are sick and I belive GL is one. Any thoughts?
I agree this is possible. It makes sense (of course its sickening though.) The thought did occur to me that he befriended them when this first came out, but the drugging seems possible because I'm sure RH and CC were friendly trusting individuals. If its true GL had a camp close to them then he may have gained their trust somehow maybe that's why GL set up there. RH could've trusted him because maybe RH had seen GL on past trips. But RH didn't mention that on the conversation he had with his friend over the hamm radio so RH knowing he was in the vicinity may be a bit far from reality. But regardless GL could've gained their trust by being uber friendly with them.

I'm wondering what role someone like Lynn's wife may have played. In terms of possibly recognizing the vehicle and trailer, perhaps having been given his itinerary back in Mar 2020, perhaps knowing he'd arrived home sooner than expected on Mar 21, etc.

It's reported he had an argument with her when he left to go camping. The quoted statement from his family doesn't proclaim his innocence and offers sympathy to the families of RH and CC.

I was wondering the same. Surely his wife or kids would’ve seen the footage of the blue patrol and trailer and would’ve known that GL used to have the exact same setup. Did the make off the cuff comments, did they watch the 60 minutes story, and did he watch it too? To be a fly on the wall if so.
I managed a squiz at his fb the day he got arrested and before it got deleted. It had numerous pics and videos of him and his family 4WDing and camping up in various locations in the high country. Did he camp at the body locations with them and check out the site whilst they didn’t know? Did they cotton on after the Vehicle info was released and they really started to question him?

It would be good if airline workers acquainted with GL could fill in details about activities in certain locales the world over. Professional pilot's rumour network (pprune) contains a few snippets. Nothing on the Middle East though. One might ask why do professional pilots spread rumours but they do! Their first interest upon the arrest of one of their colleagues was to close ranks and downplay any such thing, but recently better info has appeared.

Last edited:
If GL had rented an apartment its entirely possible that GL had a girlfriend or wife in Doha but I don't think it would be an official marriage. For one thing the wife would want to come to a western country afterall she married a western man (GL.) If it did happened then it was only a culturally acceptable marriage to traditional ME customs but not legal, otherwise he may have had some obligation to her legally. She wouldn't have been a western woman because she and her family in the west would have gone through legal channels to bring justice for her and we would have heard about it. No, this girl was from a poor country whose ties aren't as strong as western countries to the ME, maybe not even having an embassy there. I'm adding this to this thread post #394. It possibly happened over 14 years ago. If this relationship did happen then he wouldn't be legally obligated to her. He wouldn't have to sponsor her to come to Australia. If she got pregnant then it would be better off she was not around because GL would not want to go through the hassle of having to take care of the situation that had arisen. So you can imagine what may have occurred there to that possible girl. Hence the rumours by his co-workers. MOO.
Qatar is by no means a poor country.
And while it is an Islamic country with 65% of its people Muslims, we don’t know her religion, nor her nationality.

Religion in Qatar - Wikipedia

096CF7B7-C72A-4741-8B37-27C537FAB2B6.jpeg

Richest Countries in the World – 24/7 Wall St.

1. Qatar

Qatar is, by far, the richest country in the world, with a GNI per capita of $116,799 -- more than $20,000 higher than any other nation.

Thanks to its strong economy, Qatar's unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the world, at 0.2%.

Due to the country’s oil wealth, Qataris enjoy a high standard of living. Healthcare and education are free for all. The country has positioned itself as a research hub, and many prominent American universities have established satellite campuses on the outskirts of Doha. In 2022, Qatar is scheduled to be the first Middle Eastern country to host the World Cup soccer competition.

Getting married in Qatar, Formalities in Qatar

Last edited:
Doha is FULL of ex-pat communities from English speaking countries. Having had friends who moved there to work for a period of time I get the impression that these communities mostly keep to themselves with limited social interaction with local people, especially Qatari women, perhaps for fairly obvious social, cultural and political reasons.
There are many more expats than locals, the standard of living is very high.

Population of Qatar by nationality in 2019

In early 2017, Qatar's total population was 2.6 million: 313,000 Qatari citizens and 2.3 million expats.

Qatar is home (albeit mostly a temporary one) to numerous people from around the world, who comprise the vast majority of its population, with Qataris being a minority for decades now.
We started this project back in 2013 when we gathered population data on 55 different nationalities living in Qatar, continued in 2014 with 63 nationalities and 2017 with 87 nationalities, and now the 2019 report has grown even slightly broader in scope, containing population numbers for 94 different nationalities living in Qatar.

Qatar is by no means a poor country.
And while it is an Islamic country with 65% of its people Muslims, we don’t know her religion, nor her nationality.

Religion in Qatar - Wikipedia

View attachment 326927

Richest Countries in the World – 24/7 Wall St.

1. Qatar

Qatar is, by far, the richest country in the world, with a GNI per capita of $116,799 -- more than $20,000 higher than any other nation.

Thanks to its strong economy, Qatar's unemployment rate is one of the lowest in the world, at 0.2%.

Due to the country’s oil wealth, Qataris enjoy a high standard of living. Healthcare and education are free for all. The country has positioned itself as a research hub, and many prominent American universities have established satellite campuses on the outskirts of Doha. In 2022, Qatar is scheduled to be the first Middle Eastern country to host the World Cup soccer competition.

Getting married in Qatar, Formalities in Qatar
Absolutely it is a rich country and has been for a long time, but I meant the girl he may have been stringling along is from a poor country and was perhaps a domestic labouror, or some other job perhaps in retail which in any country don't make great money. If this did happen (because IMO it did as rumours have some basis to them) GL wouldn't want a burden on him so nothing was official. He may have kept the relationship discreet & especially non official even if he wasn't discreet about it. MOO!

Last edited:
This is a thought that just occurred to me about my post #421. Or perhaps GL came to RH & CC's campsite after RH got off the hamm radio. And was uber friendly to them then offered something that was tainted in it for a potential victim(s). MOO!

I love peace and quiet too. I live in the Blue Mountains and a 3 minute walk will take me into the bush. We have no traffic noise and only hear birds during the day and possums at night.

RH and CC were only camping there overnight. As they were both in their 70s, I'm sure they could wait an extra night to do whatever. :rolleyes:

Age is absolutely not a factor. Not sure where this assumption comes from?

It would be good if airline workers acquainted with GL could fill in details about activities in certain locales the world over. Professional pilot's rumour network (pprune) contains a few snippets. Nothing on the Middle East though. One might ask why do professional pilots spread rumours but they do! Their first interest upon the arrest of one of their colleagues was to close ranks and downplay any such thing, but recently better info has appeared.
I wonder where and how this rumour has started of the woman in Doha who may have fallen off a balcony, came about. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did really happen, though. MOO!

I wonder where and how this rumour has started of the woman in Doha who may have fallen off a balcony, came about. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did really happen, though. MOO!
IIRC wasn't someone on our threads regarding RH & CC who said this rumour has been going on for years. Well, what to make of that? If its recent then one would think there's no merit to & it was started because of this tragic case. But years! MOO!

IIRC wasn't someone on our threads regarding RH & CC who said this rumour has been going on for years. Well, what to make of that? If its recent then one would think there's no merit to & it was started because of this tragic case. But years! MOO!

We're supposed to be flying to doha on thursday, will try have a good chin wag with some long term expats.

Hi Everyone, Merry Christmas!

I've been away from this case for a while both physically and mentally so forgive me if I'm being rash but have we thought about GL being present when RH made that radio call?

Like maybe he had a gun pointed at them or had CC held at knife point etc?

For what reason we can only begin to imagine but as I've just asked, have we theorised about this?

Also, would LE have checked if any light aircraft were in the area that day/night?

I know there is an entire dictionary if you will, of pilot codes and calls that are used over the radio, have we discussed the possibility of an associate of GL flying something in "under the radar" that perhaps RH and his drone detected?

From DI Stamper’s presser on 8 November: Part 2

Q. Did the cameras show you much about the driver’s appearance?
A. No. No.

Q. Nothing at all?
A. No. No.

Q. Were they by themselves?
A. Can’t say.

Q. Do you think the trailer was used to potentially move bodies?
A. Well look, we can’t discount that. We don’t know why the trailer was there. I maintain my belief that I think Russell and Carol are still in that broad area of the Wonnangatta Valley. I think they were moved from the actual campsite. As to where and how, I don’t know, but yeah, one could speculate that the trailer may have been part of that, yeah.

Q. You said that there was multiple sightings of that vehicle around the area. Were there any sightings of the driver, or the person that was in that car?
A. Look, you know, there has been sightings of a driver but, you know, it’s a very sort of broad description as well which hasn’t really assisted us in that regard.

Q. Are there any cameras further down the line …
A. No.

Q. … that caught this car?
A. No.

Q. That’s the only camera you’ve got.
A. No.

Q. What’s the timeframe … what’s the timeframe from when Carol and Russell were last seen, like when they arrived at the campsite?
A. Well, we’ve only got some – obviously we know that Russell spoke to his friends on the amateur radio after about 6:00pm on Friday the 20th and had said that they hadn’t been there long. They were in a rush to get the, get the campsite up before darkness came in. So we, we know that’s the last time that anyone heard of Russell and Carrol, and there was obviously no discussion that anything was wrong or anything there. He just said, you know, “I, you know, I can’t hang around too long ‘cause I’ve gotta get the campsite finished off before it gets dark” – words to that effect. So the vehicle was seen in that, in that area around, you know, around the same time. We can’t be specific when, and we know that the vehicle was captured on the roadside cameras the next day, in the morning of the next day.

Q. Leaving?
A. Leaving, yeah.

#LIVE: Victoria Police address the media on missing Wonnangatta Valley campers. #9News
This Q and A was interesting:
Q. [Journalist]: That’s the only camera you’ve got.
A. [DI Stamper]: No.
So, the Police have other cameras that presumably show information as yet undisclosed.

Hi Everyone, Merry Christmas!

I've been away from this case for a while both physically and mentally so forgive me if I'm being rash but have we thought about GL being present when RH made that radio call?

Like maybe he had a gun pointed at them or had CC held at knife point etc?

For what reason we can only begin to imagine but as I've just asked, have we theorised about this?

Also, would LE have checked if any light aircraft were in the area that day/night?

I know there is an entire dictionary if you will, of pilot codes and calls that are used over the radio, have we discussed the possibility of an associate of GL flying something in "under the radar" that perhaps RH and his drone detected?
That's a disturbing thought at being forced to speak on the hamm radio at gun point. But, of course its possible. In an earlier post in another thread I wondered if someone was causing static or disrupting the radio waves but Motomike Russell's friend said that because its a remote area it happens. But I wonder again. Now about the being forced to at gunpoint to speak on the hamm its also possible. That would mean that its possibly a premeditated murder. I'd have to look up the story but in the last few years in the US there was a woman who killed her ex sister in law due to a domestic dispute. In this case the killer used cellphone jamming technology to render the sister in laws family helpless and they were unsuspecting of this method. But in RH & CC's case this would point to premeditated. Also if LE got a partial license plate I wonder if it was deliberately hidden like you know put a tennis ball on the back in front of the plate to partially hide it, that's legal AFAIK where I live. MOO!

In post #436 this thread I found this interesting So we, we know that’s the last time that anyone heard of Russell and Carrol, and there was obviously no discussion that anything was wrong or anything there. He just said, you know, “I, you know, I can’t hang around too long ‘cause I’ve gotta get the campsite finished off before it gets dark” – words to that effect. The underlined part may support that Russel was being forced to speak on the hamm radio. The underlined part is what was quoted as Russell stating to his friend. So sad if this were truly happening. The terror they must have felt was awful. MOO!

In post #436 this thread I found this interesting So we, we know that’s the last time that anyone heard of Russell and Carrol, and there was obviously no discussion that anything was wrong or anything there. He just said, you know, “I, you know, I can’t hang around too long ‘cause I’ve gotta get the campsite finished off before it gets dark” – words to that effect. The underlined part may support that Russel was being forced to speak on the hamm radio. The underlined part is what was quoted as Russell stating to his friend. So sad if this were truly happening. The terror they must have felt was awful. MOO!

IMO, I'd have to doubt that they were held at gunpoint at that stage namely because RH spent some time talking to his friend RA about the best route to get to Dargo. This was after spending maybe 1/2 hr talking to the rest of the group. I know if I was holding someone hostage I wouldn't afford them the time for chitter chatter for that length of time. (not that I'd ever hold anyone hostage!)

IMO, I'd have to doubt that they were held at gunpoint at that stage namely because RH spent some time talking to his friend RA about the best route to get to Dargo. This was after spending maybe 1/2 hr talking to the rest of the group. I know if I was holding someone hostage I wouldn't afford them the time for chitter chatter for that length of time. (not that I'd ever hold anyone hostage!)
You are correct I forgot about that RH asking about Dargo and the 1/2 hour timeline. Phew! That's a relief that they weren't suffering like that at that time. I just period hope of course like everyone else on our thread that Russell and Carol didn't suffer. I'd be very upset if they did of course. It just occurred to me after I read the post I was replying to. For me that's the biggest concern (other than them being murdered.) It always occurs to me when I see something that could have occurred, especially in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader