Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elde what does that mean please?

I'm not sure if his capacity to do that has expired at this point in a Trial, but at the close of a Prosecution case, it is open to a Judge to 'direct' a Jury to return a verdict of 'Not Guilty,' and they are then duty bound to do so.

I think he is just stopping them from throwing their hands in the air too soon. There must be a lot of frustration in the jury room. Much like here on this thread.

It could be 50/50.

It could be only one person believes guilt.

We will never know.

I think he is just stopping them from throwing their hands in the air too soon. There must be a lot of frustration in the jury room. Much like here on this thread.
I think they are so frustrated by being presented with evidence that they must now discount. You can't unhear something or unsee something. I'm sure they wanted to do a good and thorough job and paid attention to the evidence, formed a mental picture, and then had it shut down. It has been a clumsy trial.

7 News Queensland Verified account ‏@7NewsQueensland 2m2 minutes ago

Jury now continuing deliberations after Justice Byrne says they are entitled to take as long as they like. #Tostee #7News

[video=twitter;788254378067013632]https://twitter.com/ABCNewsBrisbane/status/788254378067013632[/video]

So if the jury thinks that GT's actions intimidated Warriena enough that she attempted to climb the balcony, does that mean manslaughter regardless of whether he was within his rights to put her on the balcony?

Good question. No, it does not. The first part of your question is the threshold point. If that is not reached, not guilty automatically. If it is reached, then they have to consider all open defences including the many raised in this Trial.

I think they are so frustrated by being presented with evidence that they must now discount. You can't unhear something or unsee something. I'm sure they wanted to do a good and thorough job and paid attention to the evidence, formed a mental picture, and then had it shut down. It has been a clumsy trial.

:yeahthat:

Even if he is found innocent (please no!) I think the truth will come out. He is a bragger, like Ivan Milat, and he will tell someone or announce it on his forum.

'Hey guys. If you ever want to get away with murder I know how!'

Grrrr I hope not!!

That really sucks about the balcony not included , seems she was scared enough to want depart without further . choke & intimidation is the cause . gt didnt seem to want her to leave ,but then went psycho on her jmo. Rip ww . no wonder its a tricky verdict . Thanks for the tweets & posts today sleuthers

sent from a tiny cheap gadget

Glen Cash is a QC.

Oh really? That is not what I read in those Prosecution reports last night.
They had 4 QCs. He was not one of them.
He was a consulting senior counsel, from memory.

Has that changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member