Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 most frustrating things about this case to me are:

1) the 000 call from the FM when she clearly tells the operator that nobody else was around and there were no suspicious cars around. She does not hesitate with her response and is adamant nobody else was in the vicinity of this large open property when William went missing.

2) the FM failing to mention that she went for a "drive" in the FGM car in early interviews. Why was this not mentioned?

It will be interesting if the tests on the FGM vehicle show any of Williams DNA inside the boot or inside the car. How this vehicle was not tested when William first disappeared is a disgrace to the NSW Police and the detectives in charge of the investigation at the start.

Also IMO Jubelin should have picked up that the FGM was never tested and had this car tested at some stage when he was running this investigation. I am sure this would be a big regret to him.

It was only after the FM changed her story some time later about the 2 suspicious cars and it was then reported by the media for the Public to believe that William was snatched by a pedophile - this part has always troubled me.

Fingers crossed that the new evidence that will be presented at the Coronial Inquest can help solve this mystery.
Fingers crossed as well Detective Willy

I wonder if the FM has been asked to explain these two points......and if so, how she explained the discrepancies in her statements.

Last edited:

1) the 000 call from the FM when she clearly tells the operator that nobody else was around and there were no suspicious cars around. She does not hesitate with her response and is adamant nobody else was in the vicinity of this large open property when William went missing.

2) the FM failing to mention that she went for a "drive" in the FGM car in early interviews. Why was this not mentioned?

It will be interesting if the tests on the FGM vehicle show any of Williams DNA inside the boot or inside the car. How this vehicle was not tested when William first disappeared is a disgrace to the NSW Police and the detectives in charge of the investigation at the start.

Also IMO Jubelin should have picked up that the FGM was never tested and had this car tested at some stage when he was running this investigation. I am sure this would be a big regret to him.

It was only after the FM changed her story some time later about the 2 suspicious cars and it was then reported by the media for the Public to believe that William was snatched by a pedophile - this part has always troubled me.

Fingers crossed that the new evidence that will be presented at the Coronial Inquest can help solve this mystery.
I’m not sure that it’s correct that FGM car was never tested.

From Caroline Overington's book pg 97 "There had been forensic testing of William's foster nana's car, and of the new four wheel drive. His foster parents had surrendered computers and phones for forensic testing too”.

It’s been 7 years, perhaps FGM’s car is being re-examined using advanced testing methods.

For example: I’m getting covid alerts from days ago and I can’t remember going into a particular shop but I must have.

If I had to retrace yesterday back to the police I’d be as guilty as her.

AND I’m not under any grief like she was at that time.

upload_2022-1-6_13-9-43.gif

I’m not sure that it’s correct that FGM car was never tested.

From Caroline Overington's book pg 97 "There had been forensic testing of William's foster nana's car, and of the new four wheel drive. His foster parents had surrendered computers and phones for forensic testing too”.

It’s been 7 years, perhaps FGM’s car is being re-examined using advanced testing methods.

Yes, perhaps, and also WS mods, in relation to what can be published on WS
Ok - I can accept being judged as ‘dense’ - so can someone please help me understand how it’s possible to analyse / sleuth any situation without access to all the facts ?

Also, if something is printed in MSM it would make sense to me to be able to discuss it.
It’s my belief that the newspaper ‘pay walls’ are simply that - an opportunity for a money grab. Meaning, those who want to read but have no other option, will ‘pay’ the subscription; others will share, as is done in many other situations.

William Tyrrell's foster mother could have created false memory about parked cars, inquest told

"Discussing the foster mother’s account of seeing two cars parked in the street from where William went missing, the forensic psychology academic Dr Helen Paterson told the boy’s inquest on Wednesday it was “possibly” a false memory.

Paterson said information learned after an event had the potential to cloud or distort future retellings of the event. A leading question may have been asked about suspicious vehicles, prompting the woman to search her memory for pictures, the University of Sydney academic said.
“It could be there was a true event ... she saw those cars in that location at a different time,” Paterson said. “But then she mistakenly attributed it to the morning before William disappeared.”

Two days after William went missing, the foster mother told police she recalled seeing one white and one grey car parked between two driveways the morning of his disappearance. She later said the memory of the cars was “burnt into my brain”.

“I’m unable to say if it’s a true or false memory,” Paterson said on Wednesday."

Ok - I can accept being judged as ‘dense’ - so can someone please help me understand how it’s possible to analyse / sleuth any situation without access to all the facts ?

Exactly. This is what I mean when I say this case is surrounded by smoke/fog. We have the suppression of information due to the foster situation. We have coroner releasing documents to the media but on some sort of limited basis and only selected pieces of those documents being published. We have pieces of information being published by the MSM some time back and then completely deleted (see post #172). We have books published on the case but some apparently not worthy of being quoted from.

On top of that we have police apparently disagreeing among themselves over who to investigate and to what extent.

IMO, this whole case is a schemozzle. Good luck to the coroner.

It will be interesting if the tests on the FGM vehicle show any of Williams DNA inside the boot or inside the car. How this vehicle was not tested when William first disappeared is a disgrace to the NSW Police and the detectives in charge of the investigation at the start

I’m with you on this DW & particularly your comments BBM.

I recall a photo & hopefully one of our very diligent colleagues here has a copy - it was early on in the investigation with police in the front yard & (I think) it was FFC in drivers seat of a vehicle in opposite side of the road. I wonder was that FGM car & perhaps it was a case of ‘out of sight, out of mind’

It’ll be interesting to hear the circumstances around the defence of the alleged assault under the “mental health act”
Yes, as it "suggests" the assault did occur, but can be blamed on poor mental health...... otherwise why would you choose that defence strategy?

This particular defence strategy does come with the bonus of "no conviction recorded" and no guilty conviction , which would be a major contributing factor I would imagine??

Solicitor Sharon Ramsden, appearing for the woman, said they would be making an application under section 14 of the Mental Health Act which allows a person who is charged with a criminal offence and suffers from a mental health impairment or cognitive impairment to avoid a finding of guilt and a criminal record.
William Tyrrell’s foster parents appear in court | Daily Telegraph

IMO

Last edited:
We have coroner releasing documents to the media but on some sort of limited basis and only selected pieces of those documents being published.
I think to some extent, the media use a "drip feed" strategy in relation to those documents being released ... they only publish a small amount of information at a time, in order to stretch out the information for future articles..... IMO

Someone here referenced a statement being in the public domain, at some stage, and IIRC if you search enough MSM articles you can find most / all of the information it contained .... the information is spread out over many different articles by many different organizations.. IMO

It would be far less frustrating if the Media published all of the information at once, and in context. IMO

Yes, as it "suggests" the assault did occur, but can be blamed on poor mental health...... otherwise why would you choose that defence strategy?

This particular defence strategy does come with the bonus of "no conviction recorded" if found guilty, which would be a major contributing factor I would imagine??

IMO

Its certainly an interesting one. One would assume the FP still no longer have this child in their care and that something must’ve happened serious enough for a) charges to be laid, b) the child has told their version of events, and c) event has been deemed serious enough to remove the child. Could also add to that, the FP’s are using the mental health act to fight charges. I understand mental health impacts (we’ve all had it to some extent) but an assault is an assault IMO.
I did read mention of some horse riding incident a few weeks ago but the details are probably in the deleted thread #66

I did read mention of some horse riding incident a few weeks ago but the details are probably in the deleted thread #66
However, it was also reported in the media that the assault occurred at a home in Sydney's North Shore....

The 56-year-old woman and 54-year-old man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, will face court next week over the alleged assault which took place at a home on Sydney’s Upper North Shore.

And from the same newspaper:
William Tyrrell’s foster parents are expected to fight charges of assaulting a child by arguing that the alleged victim may have fallen from a horse.

It is unlikely for both versions to be true.... IMO, although I am sure there would be a few large, and very valuable properties on the North Shore that have horse riding opportunities.....
However, I find this most unlikely on a suburban block... IMO

So once again we are faced with "what is actually true"???

William Tyrrell foster parents charged with assault (theaustralian.com.au)

Foster parents to fight child assault charge (theaustralian.com.au)

Edited to add both versions referenced .

Last edited:
Another free article here....

William Tyrrell detectives conducting fresh round of interviews | Daily Mail Online

Headlines:
  • William Tyrrell detectives conducting fresh round of interviews
  • Inquest into missing toddler meant to conclude in March now has no set date
  • Forensics still analysing mystery 'bone fragment' and cloth found in bushland
  • Also examining Mazda hatchback driven by foster mother morning boy vanished
  • Tyrrell child advocate Allanna Smith has slammed 'secrets' shrouding case

I'm just catching up ........

Re information being released by the coroner & public access to documents......

The media apply to have access to documents, the coroner has the right to refuse any applications .

Coronial documents have highly sensitive information in them & it's not the public's right to access to these IMO.

She also has to balance that this case is an ongoing investigation

The law imposes limitations on the release of coronial documents because these documents contain very personal and sometimes highly sensitive information. Prior to applying for coronial documents, you should consider that it may be upsetting and distressing to read details about a loved one's death.

Who decides my application?
The Coroner managing the coronial case will decide whether to approve the application. In some cases the Coroner will impose a condition on release of a document.

If a Coroner refuses an application they will provide reasons, such as where it may hinder an ongoing criminal investigation or the person who applied has an insufficient interest.

Access to coronial documents

so it seems fps are admitting there was an actual assault commited by both of them on the child by claiming it was due to mental health issues? poor little girl, so much sadness in her short life

The foster parents have pleaded not guilty, with their lawyers telling Hornsby Local Court in December they intend to argue their case should be dealt with under the Mental Health Act.
Tyrrell witness interviews continue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member