Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truckers even do that here in the city...I ended up in a small alley behind my friend's home, right as the large garbage truck was rounding the corner....I backed up and pulled over so it could get by....and he waved and nodded Thank You as he passed....and this is Los Angeles...:p

Truckers are well mannered people for sure

However, I do see a different situation - you met the garbage truck coming around the corner of the alley ( hopefully not really fast), you backed up & pulled over to give him clear way. IMO you would be entitled to interpret him ‘wave’ & ‘nod’ as a Thank You.

Being the inquisitive & detailed pain in the *advertiser censored*&$ that I am, I do have to ask :
Did you hear him say ‘thank you’ ?
If so, what was the distance between you when heard ?
If so, what was the travelling speed of the Garbage Truck ( since you said you were ‘pulled over’ which I took as stationary ) ?

I'm more perplexed by the oversplanation. She volunteers that she didn't pull over to let him pass, the actin for which he acknowledged her. She was already pulled over. Leaning out her window.

Doesn't it have to be the case that she knows that's what the truck driver saw her doing? That that's the position she was in when he made eye to eye contact with her?

Otherwise why recount any of it? And especially the most peculiar part, that she was leaning out the window?

He was driving fast. IMO he came upon her unexpectedly. Which means her came upon her unexpectedly....

What was she actually doing right at that precise moment that might nerve have been discussed at all, if a fast trucker hadn't unexpectedly passed by at that precise moment?

This is a big sticking point for me.

JMO

I'm more perplexed by the oversplanation. She volunteers that she didn't pull over to let him pass, the actin for which he acknowledged her. She was already pulled over. Leaning out her window.

Doesn't it have to be the case that she knows that's what the truck driver saw her doing? That that's the position she was in when he made eye to eye contact with her?

Otherwise why recount any of it? And especially the most peculiar part, that she was leaning out the window?

He was driving fast. IMO he came upon her unexpectedly. Which means her came upon her unexpectedly....

What was she actually doing right at that precise moment that might nerve have been discussed at all, if a fast trucker hadn't unexpectedly passed by at that precise moment?

This is a big sticking point for me.

JMO

Yes, exactly and then I am thinking about trucks and truck drivers. Don't most of them have dash cams now?

Yes, exactly and then I am thinking about trucks and truck drivers. Don't most of them have dash cams now?
Interstate, long haul or large trucks I’d say most would, but it depends what sort truck of truck the FFC was referring to. Could’ve been a bricky or concretor in a small truck, a garbo or a council truck, a B double carting quarry materials.

It could be good evidence and settle any uncertainty though about what happened there that day had the truck had a dash cam

Interstate, long haul or large trucks I’d say most would, but it depends what sort truck of truck the FFC was referring to. Could’ve been a bricky or concretor in a small truck, a garbo or a council truck, a B double carting quarry materials.

It could be good evidence and settle any uncertainty though about what happened there that day had the truck had a dash cam

hmm...she said a semi-trailer so I'm thinking a big truck? maybe one carting stuff somewhere?

Would dash cam footage be archived this long? What would be saved is the route log. Which would include a timestamp. And that could be very compelling.

JMO
Or possibly, if the truck was delivering quarry materials or the like, the delivery docket usually has time loaded, time left, time required by customer. There’s a Boral quarry several kms southbound from Kew on the Pacific hwy. The truck driver would have to come forward to be able to gather any information.

Or possibly, if the truck was delivering quarry materials or the like, the delivery docket usually has time loaded, time left, time required by customer. There’s a Boral quarry several kms southbound from Kew on the Pacific hwy. The truck driver would have to come forward to be able to gather any information.

Or reverse police work. Archived CCTV. Find and eliminate vehicles. Narrow search to commercial vehicles. Serve warrant to business to determine route, pinpoint time, locate driver.

If not for the exquisite timing of this unexpected encounter (sounds like it was unexpected for the fast truck driver and unexpected for the FCG), would FCG ever have included that drive in the retelling of events?

JMO

IMO the truck was probably driving at a normal speed, and she was driving very slowly ... looking for a flash of red, looking for William, along the sides of the road - in the bush.

She pulled over thinking 'he's not here'. And as she did so, she realised the truck had been behind her as she was driving slowly, looking and looking.
The driver acknowledged her as she pulled over.

This, to me, seems a lot more likely than FM driving along at 60 kph, where she might have missed that flash of red, or that little blond head.

imo

Stranger things have happened, but it seems to me that it is a big stretch for someone to go and dump a little dead body in the bush, then rush home (a km away) and call the police about her little lost boy.

Last edited:
Coroner hears from William Tyrrell's carer
(The woman told day one of the Sydney inquest into William's disappearance and suspected death...)

"Counsel assisting the coroner, Gerard Craddock SC, asked why the cars weren't mentioned in her original statement.

"I didn't even think about it because I saw the cars, walked back inside and got swept up in the emotions of getting everybody ready for the day and then with William missing it went right out of my brain," she replied.

The woman also wept when she recalled seeing a third vehicle that morning - a green or teal-looking car which reversed in a neighbouring driveway and drove off.

She said the driver was "a big man" in his late 50s who was Caucasian, had "sandy, reddy-coloured hair", a "thick neck" and looked "weathered".

They exchanged a fleeting "Why are you watching me? I'm watching you" glance, she said.

The foster mother said she was still working with police to reconstruct the man's appearance with software but had a "pretty intense reaction" when she identified the "old" green car.

"I can't tell you how much I rack my brain and I beat myself up over not looking at number plates," she said."

JMO re BBM: This would not be a reasonable explanation for not mentioning the 2 cars earlier; reason being that in taking into account that William is not a wanderer, and the abduction possibility originally thought about, her picture of the 2 cars, only hours earlier, in her mind should also have registered much earlier ....given her searching left her so perplexed.

Investigations by LE did not find anyone else had seen the cars.

IMO the truck was probably driving at a normal speed, and she was driving very slowly ... looking for a flash of red, looking for William, along the sides of the road - in the bush.

She pulled over thinking 'he's not here'. And as she did so, she realised the truck had been behind her as she was driving slowly, looking and looking.

This, to me, seems a lot more likely than FM driving along at 60 kph, where she might have missed that flash of red, or that little blond head.

imo

Stranger things have happened, but it seems to me that it is a big stretch for someone to go and dump a little dead body in the bush, then rush home (a km away) and call the police about her little lost boy.

My impression was that she was stopped! IMO he came upon her as she was stopped, already leaning out the window. I don't think this occurred while she was driving, slowly or any other way.

JMO

imo

This all makes a lot of sense to me. It is impossible for me to fathom also that a person who has cared for a child since they were 9 months old could so calmly, callously hide his body and maintain silence on this for so many years after. But I guess we can only speculate the latest direction has come from information provided by WT’s sister or the inquest. JMO.

This all makes a lot of sense to me. It is impossible for me to fathom also that a person who has cared for a child since they were 9 months old could so calmly, callously hide his body and maintain silence on this for so many years after. But I guess we can only speculate the latest direction has come from information provided by WT’s sister or the inquest. JMO.

I try to take the emotional aspect ("someone who has cared for a child ....") out of it - and look at the situation just for its merit. Its plausability. Is that what a person would do? Dump a little body one very short km away, just off a pretty well used road, then go home and call the police?

Seems unlikely to me.

imo

I try to take the emotional aspect ("someone who has cared for a child ....") out of it - and look at the situation just for its merit. Its plausability. Is that what a person would do? Dump a little body one very short km away, just off a pretty well used road, then go home and call the police?

Seems unlikely to me.

imo

This is why the investigation has probably gone on for so long. At face value I would agree with you.
They’ve investigated the possibility of someone in those cars taking him, but no one else saw them. They’ve investigated some people with rotten pasts involving young kids, but nothing seemed to have matched up. So they have to go along every route possible.
I wouldn’t think the FFC would drive a loved child down the road to dump him either, but did something happen before that? Was it an accident she felt worth covering up?
I wouldn’t have a clue. LE probably feel bad investigating this very theory but have to IMO.
Somewhere, someone is telling porkies but the question is who

This is why the investigation has probably gone on for so long. At face value I would agree with you.
They’ve investigated the possibility of someone in those cars taking him, but no one else saw them. They’ve investigated some people with rotten pasts involving young kids, but nothing seemed to have matched up. So they have to go along every route possible.
I wouldn’t think the FFC would drive a loved child down the road to dump him either, but did something happen before that? Was it an accident she felt worth covering up?
I wouldn’t have a clue. LE probably feel bad investigating this very theory but have to IMO.
Somewhere, someone is telling porkies but the question is who

I am not sure that 'nothing' lined up with a few of the local pedos. They just didn't have enough solid evidence yet. But FA had no alibi and he did have a possible reason to check out FGM's home that day and he did have access to GO's car and he was in Kendal area. And people who knew him did accuse him of being the perp. It was just not enough for an arrest yet.

JMO If (as far as we know, it appears truck encounter has not been verified by LE) the FFC encountered the truck, and she had William's body with her, FFC may have then decided it was too risky (might be seen and attract attention) to place his body there.

JMO - For FFC, knowing that the MFC would most likely be returning home from his errand (she had said that while she was searching, she did notice a text message on her mobile “home in 5”)……….. it became necessary for her to act quickly, so she returned home and hid his body somewhere there (maybe in a Bunnings garden rubbish bag in the garden). This remained undetected by searchers, as they were checking inside the house and wandering around searching inside / outside the property boundary while calling out to him.

When the MFC arrived home, FFC then phoned Triple Zero to report she couldn't find William.

There might have been an opportunity for his body in the rubbish bag to be removed from the property and transferred elsewhere when the FFC went to the Airport to collect her sister. It was during the trip back home from the Airport that her memory of the 2 cars she had seen parked earlier on the morning of William’s disappearance suddenly came back to her; she then went straight to the Command Centre and told the LE of that memory. Just saying…..

Last edited:
I am not sure that 'nothing' lined up with a few of the local pedos. They just didn't have enough solid evidence yet. But FA had no alibi and he did have a possible reason to check out FGM's home that day and he did have access to GO's car and he was in Kendal area. And people who knew him did accuse him of being the perp. It was just not enough for an arrest yet.
I should’ve clarified that better on my behalf, that “nothing” was meaning not enough evidence either.
Of particular note was FA, IMO seemed most likely going off past history and comments made later on, but I still have trouble with a theory he was out front in a car and no one saw or heard it. Doesn’t mean it didn’t happen this or another way either.
A lady picking strawberries about 5-7km north heard a scream near where FA had his van, I looked at google earth to see if there was a known track linking his area to FGM house, it’s a bit hard to tell, although they look like fire access tracks.

Does anyone know if these link tracks were investigated?

William Tyrrell’s foster dad details his frantic search for toddler

“It was a semi trailer coming down the road really fast. And he thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me by saying thanks for pulling over. But I pulled over ‘cause I’ve just got my head out the window, you know, looking for William,” she said.

I’m confused - why did she pull over ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member