Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sep 2014 - #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
William Tyrrell’s foster dad details his frantic search for toddler

“It was a semi trailer coming down the road really fast. And he thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me by saying thanks for pulling over. But I pulled over ‘cause I’ve just got my head out the window, you know, looking for William,” she said.

I’m confused - why did she pull over ?

To turn the car around and go home "he's not here".
She seemed aware that she needed to get off the road because her attention was on looking for William.

As most people would be.

imo

JMO If (as far as we know, it appears truck encounter has not been verified by LE) the FFC encountered the truck, and she had William's body with her, FFC may have then decided it was too risky (might be seen and attract attention) to place his body there.

JMO - For FFC, knowing that the MFC would most likely be returning home from his errand (she had said that while she was searching, she did notice a text message on her mobile “home in 5”)……….. it became necessary for her to act quickly, so she returned home and hid his body somewhere there (maybe in a Bunnings garden rubbish bag in the garden). This remained undetected by searchers, as they were checking inside the house and wandering around searching inside / outside the property boundary while calling out to him.

When the MFC arrived home, FFC then phoned Triple Zero to report she couldn't find William.

There might have been an opportunity for his body in the rubbish bag to be removed from the property and transferred elsewhere when the FFC went to the Airport to collect her sister. It was during the trip back home from the Airport that her memory of the 2 cars she had seen parked earlier on the morning of William’s disappearance suddenly came back to her; she then went straight to the Command Centre and told the LE of that memory. Just saying…..
Why do you think that the searchers never looked for him in the yard area? I am pretty sure they would have looked there very thoroughly. They were looking for a toddler. He was small enough and unpredictable enough to be anywhere on that property.

That airport drive was many hours later. I find it hard to believe she would have her child's body hidden in her yard for all that time, while searchers with dogs were all over the property. JMO

Katy, I have tried to explain that because the searchers were looking for 'an alive' William.......and may have missed finding his body within garden rubbish in a Bunnings garden bag which have been in an obvious position underneath the high deck. Sniffer dog (Katy, would you have a link to when the first dog commenced sniffing for William's dna?); i.e. presuming that FFC had, at first, given suitable clothing/or whatever, belonging to William.
If FFC was devious enough, for all we know, she may have provided his sister's clothing at first; and then later rectified with William's clothing.....thereby enabling the sniffer to detect the dna of William within the boundary of FGM's property.

If FGM's vehicle had been checked when LE first arrived, then there may have been the opportunity to transfer the Bunnings bag of 'garden rubbish' into the vehicle that FFC drove to the Airport (Katy Would you have a link to which vehicle FFC drove out to the Airport?)....as you say, many hours later.

Just saying ........ it might not be outside of the realm of possibility.

Who knows I’m also interested in as you say. ..

If was me in that seat, after all this time & no results, I would want to start afresh & check everything. So I think it could well be a case of re-interviewing those who previously may possibly have had ‘something of interest’ in their story or responses + interviewing others that may have come to the fore in the 7 year aftermath.

The driver of that semi-trailer that FFC reported as having encountered that morning certainly should be / have been afforded attention.

FFC said ‘ A semi-trailer coming down really fast…and I pulled..he think, he thought, I pulled over cos he acknowledged me by saying ‘Thanks for pulling over..’’

Did he really ? He’s driving a semi-trailer really fast but he also says ‘thanks for pulling over’ and she can actually hear him say that ?
People in the country area do, if a car moves aside for the driver to go past often show thanks by, lift of a hand( not the one or two fingers sign, very rude) like a small wave or less, even a nod of a head/ or a look with smile as they drive past. Then again driver going past Female Carer's car may have glanced at her and she thought he was saying Thank you. But that is what you expect in Manners in Australian area. I lift my hand in thanks when people give way to me, I sure some people go"What?" when I do it. Rules I was taught by my Grandparents and people do still now where I lived:
Car driving past you while driving holidays time, small wave" Doing great or Hi".
Car driving oppisite side of the road, flicker their lights a few times, can mean Police Speed check ahead or something wrong on your side slow down, road block could due to accident or cattle on the road.
Person driving with Hazzard Light on both on/ may be slightly weaving or flashing their lights on means "I need help or I am in danger. I know that one does work. Before mobiles phones, under the age of 17 years had to drive someone from the mountains who was ill, people came to my aid half way down due my friend car hazzards lights Sadly around the time, a lady did in Perth, even weaving on the road, people saw it but did not understand why, sadly she became the victim of David and Catherine Burnie.

To turn the car around and go home "he's not here".
She seemed aware that she needed to get off the road because her attention was on looking for William.

As most people would be.

imo

i understand your thought patterns SA - however that’s not what occurred, as per contents of the previous I provided:

The video shows the foster mother walking police investigators through her search.

His foster mother tells investigators as she drove around looking for William, she saw a large truck coming down the road and pulled over to let it pass.

“It was a semi trailer coming down the road really fast. And he thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me by saying thanks for pulling over. But I pulled over ‘cause I’ve just got my head out the window, you know, looking for William,” she said.

And then I drive really slow on Moore, and I get to the Riding School and I just think, he’s not here.

“And I just drive out and I think, he’s not here. And then I bring the car back up. And I just run out and I look for him again.”

anyway, whatever happened, happened & hopefully the investigative team efforts will be rewarded in 2022

i understand your thought patterns SA - however that’s not what occurred, as per contents of the previous I provided:

The video shows the foster mother walking police investigators through her search.

His foster mother tells investigators as she drove around looking for William, she saw a large truck coming down the road and pulled over to let it pass.

And then I drive really slow on Moore, and I get to the Riding School and I just think, he’s not here.

“And I just drive out and I think, he’s not here. And then I bring the car back up. And I just run out and I look for him again.”

anyway, whatever happened, happened & hopefully the investigative team efforts will be rewarded in 2022

Thanks.

I guess you answered your own question then. :)

"she .... pulled over to let it pass."

I’m confused - why did she pull over ?

Getting back to other POI….was there any information to suggest FA was in the immediate area at that time? We all know his past, and his convictions. The FP have said William didn’t wander and he was only missing for a few minutes before they started looking.
A small child would take longer than an adult to run off for a distance if he were to indeed do this. If he were to be abducted by car, this action would take a minute or so to snatch him then involve closing car doors then driving off- with you would think at least someone hearing it, and more time taken up.
Or, if he were snatched by a person then taken up the road to an awaiting car, this involves the abductee subduing the child to eliminate noise, carrying them up a hill, plus if FA he was an old bloke. Might have been strong and fit but no one has seen it. If so, the end of Benaroon Drive has a fire access track that could potentially (if tracks were cleared) go north east and out into the main road, then further tracks towards Herons Creek where FA’s van was (and neighbour heard possible screams). But if a car was used on this track, it’d have to be able to traverse this track. I read somewhere this was a commodore? This vehicle could have dramas on a track such as this.
All IMO of course. Just going over a previous POI to see if any events could match up.
FA is currently in jail for extremely nasty crimes, but if he can’t be put near the location to possibly take WT, the shift heads back to other POI’s

It’d be such a shame to see this case go around in circles and be unsolved

I still wonder if the recent information from the CCTV footage from the Kendall Tennis Club has changed anything? I think it has been suggested that the time that William was reported as missing is wrong, but what about the neighbour who was at the Tennis Club..... it means that his alibi for that morning was also wrong. As his car was seen at the Tennis Club at a different time than he had told Police.

Did William Tyrrell disappear earlier than reported? Why CCTV could prove crucial | Daily Mail Online

Thanks.

I guess you answered your own question then. :)

"she .... pulled over to let it pass."

I like how you are looking at this SA. It is reasonable. I still am stuck on why even share this information? It has nothing to do with anything. I'm just thinking if it was me and it was my child missing and I'm being interviewed a while later about the events of the day, the last thing I am going to share is a speeding truck thanking me for pulling over. I might say 'I saw a truck and I hailed the truck down to ask him if he had seen a small child or anything unusual about any cars and I asked the driver if he was from around here and had seen anyone that he didn't know driving around with a small child in their car...'

I am just trying to ascertain mind set for the FFM with the stuff that she does share. Is it purposeful? Is it just rambling? or more so - Is it anxiety induced thought patterns that result in rambling on? Is it tactical? I am definitely not pointing any fingers - just trying to put the pieces together in terms of information-sharing from the FFM and we know from sleuthing this for a long time that the pieces don't add up at times and we are left scratching our heads in terms of the FFM 'setting the scene'. These are just thoughtful observations and IMO, JMO.

oops forgot to include a great article on circumstantiality and tangential speech. People with this affected speech style are usually associated with having Schizophrenia or mood disorders. JMO IMO Just a thoughtful observation and not directing this at anyone.

Circumstantiality - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

Last edited:
I was looking through old articles and saw this, from June 2020---right about the time the inquest was shutting down:

William Tyrrell case twist NSW Police and sniffer dogs scour bushland close to convicted paedophile

William Tyrrell case twist NSW Police and sniffer dogs scour bushland close to convicted paedophile | Express Digest

Twist in case of missing William Tyrrell as cops and sniffer dogs scour bushland close to where a convicted paedophile used to live and just minutes from where the toddler was last seen
  • Police and sniffer dogs have scoured the bush in search of William Tyrrell
  • They searched an area near where convicted paedophile Frank Abbott, 79, lived
  • Abbott was trialled over the 1968 death of a 17-year-old girl but never convicted
  • He was arrested this year and is a key person of interest in William’s case
  • Tyrrell was three when he went missing from his grandmother’s home in 2014

By Shive Prema For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 10:21 BST, 22 June 2020 | Updated: 11:12 BST, 22 June 2020

They searched an area near an old saw mill where convicted paedophile Frank Abbott, 79, lived in a caravan at the time of William’s disappearance.

The location is an 11-minute drive south of Kendall, where the three-year-old went missing from his foster grandmother’s home on Benaroon Drive in September 2014.

I was looking through old articles and saw this, from June 2020---right about the time the inquest was shutting down:

William Tyrrell case twist NSW Police and sniffer dogs scour bushland close to convicted paedophile

William Tyrrell case twist NSW Police and sniffer dogs scour bushland close to convicted paedophile | Express Digest

Twist in case of missing William Tyrrell as cops and sniffer dogs scour bushland close to where a convicted paedophile used to live and just minutes from where the toddler was last seen
  • Police and sniffer dogs have scoured the bush in search of William Tyrrell
  • They searched an area near where convicted paedophile Frank Abbott, 79, lived
  • Abbott was trialled over the 1968 death of a 17-year-old girl but never convicted
  • He was arrested this year and is a key person of interest in William’s case
  • Tyrrell was three when he went missing from his grandmother’s home in 2014

By Shive Prema For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 10:21 BST, 22 June 2020 | Updated: 11:12 BST, 22 June 2020

They searched an area near an old saw mill where convicted paedophile Frank Abbott, 79, lived in a caravan at the time of William’s disappearance.

The location is an 11-minute drive south of Kendall, where the three-year-old went missing from his foster grandmother’s home on Benaroon Drive in September 2014.

Thanks Katy

They mustn’t have found anything worth while if that’s it IMO. He’s still in jail and no word (we’ve seen yet) of him being reinterviewed, or any items of interest

Thanks Katy

They mustn’t have found anything worth while if that’s it IMO. He’s still in jail and no word (we’ve seen yet) of him being reinterviewed, or any items of interest
Maybe, we don't know. But it is interesting that at that point of the inquest, the investigators decided to spend their time and resources looking at FA's old home and surrounding area. Something in the inquest gave them that urge to look deeper into him.

I'm still intrigued as to why FA wasn't questioned at the Inquest :confused: He was permitted to question others as he was representing himself, why would he need to be represented if he wasn't going to be questioned? Why even have him there via Video?

Or did the Coroner decide not to question him due to him being the most likely suspect? Didn't want to give him the chance to implicate himself.

So strange and confusing.

Abbott is not on the witness list and is not expected to give evidence to the inquest.
William Tyrrell's 10-year-old sister vows to find her missing little brother | Daily Mail Online

Getting back to other POI….was there any information to suggest FA was in the immediate area at that time? We all know his past, and his convictions. The FP have said William didn’t wander and he was only missing for a few minutes before they started looking.
A small child would take longer than an adult to run off for a distance if he were to indeed do this. If he were to be abducted by car, this action would take a minute or so to snatch him then involve closing car doors then driving off- with you would think at least someone hearing it, and more time taken up.
Or, if he were snatched by a person then taken up the road to an awaiting car, this involves the abductee subduing the child to eliminate noise, carrying them up a hill, plus if FA he was an old bloke. Might have been strong and fit but no one has seen it. If so, the end of Benaroon Drive has a fire access track that could potentially (if tracks were cleared) go north east and out into the main road, then further tracks towards Herons Creek where FA’s van was (and neighbour heard possible screams). But if a car was used on this track, it’d have to be able to traverse this track. I read somewhere this was a commodore? This vehicle could have dramas on a track such as this.
All IMO of course. Just going over a previous POI to see if any events could match up.
FA is currently in jail for extremely nasty crimes, but if he can’t be put near the location to possibly take WT, the shift heads back to other POI’s

It’d be such a shame to see this case go around in circles and be unsolved
I don't think he has a confirmed alibi for his movements the day WT disappeared. Apparently, evidence given by nursing staff and police? about RP saying he gave a mate and a little boy a lift 300km North, after picking them up behind a shed in Kendall on Saturday the 13/9/14 leaves me scratching my head. Why would they get a lift from that area when Kendall was swarming with searchers and LE. I think RP started being interviewed by police when FA was in jail and he was at the end of his life. I think his faculties were in dispute according to varying evidence from his brother, S-I-L and nursing staff. From watching how police have interviewed/treated others over the course of this investigation, I wonder how RP was treated during interviews and if police thought that this scenario with FA would clean up a lot of loose ends if they could get a confession out of RP. My hope is that WT never encountered FA. IMO

I'm still intrigued as to why FA wasn't questioned at the Inquest :confused: He was permitted to question others as he was representing himself, why would he need to be represented if he wasn't going to be questioned? Why even have him there via Video?

Or did the Coroner decide not to question him due to him being the most likely suspect? Didn't want to give him the chance to implicate himself.

Abbott is not on the witness list and is not expected to give evidence to the inquest.
William Tyrrell's 10-year-old sister vows to find her missing little brother | Daily Mail Online
At the time that the inquest suddenly shut down, I remember people here asking that same question---Why didnt we hear from FA?

Myself and a few others figured that he would be called to the stand when the inquest reconvened. But obviously, that never happened, as the pandemic and the new focus, have postponed everything.

Abbott was able to give evidence at the Inquest.... or if he hasn't already, he will be able to.

"Frank Abbott, who has been watching several witnesses give evidence from Cessnock jail"

"Coroner Harriet Grahame has continually reminded Abbott that he will have a chance to give evidence and to focus on asking witnesses questions instead of making statements."

Sex offender failed to report 'peculiar smell' near to where William Tyrrell vanished

Last edited:
At the time that the inquest suddenly shut down, I remember people here asking that same question---Why didnt we hear from FA?

Myself and a few others figured that he would be called to the stand when the inquest reconvened. But obviously, that never happened, as the pandemic and the new focus, have postponed everything.
My impression was that it was the end of the inquest , suddenly, and the task left to do was for the coroner to assess the evidence and deliver her findings. I thought that because i don't remember her saying the inquest was suspended. I agree with SA, that at the time, enough must have come out in other witness testimony in both open and closed court and in FA's record to believe he is the number 1 suspect or at the very least, give him the impression that he is. I expected the coroner saved him til last so she could stop proceedings, let police investigate and then deliver her findings. However, there was information, such as the timestamp that was not reported back to the court publically, how it was ascertained. And other things have cropped up, whether flagged by police or the coroner, I don't know. On a side note, I understand sections of the public wanting the FP's put through the wringer as other POI's have been however, I have wondered if some of the heavy handed treatment was payback by the police for the FFC's public criticism of the investigation and some of the higher ranking police. . IMO

Abbott was able to give evidence at the Inquest.... or if he hasn't already, he will be able to.

"Frank Abbott, who has been watching several witnesses give evidence from Cessnock jail"

"Coroner Harriet Grahame has continually reminded Abbott that he will have a chance to give evidence and to focus on asking witnesses questions instead of making statements."

Sex offender failed to report 'peculiar smell' near to where William Tyrrell vanished

But he wasn't called, and the Inquest ended.

The inquest closed on Thursday and Deputy State Coroner Grahame will review more than 18 months of evidence before handing down her findings mid-way through next year.
The emotional gift that left William Tyrrell's inquest in tears

Yes MSM are saying it will now reopen - but will it? The Coroner is being advised on the new search, doesn't necessarily mean she will reopen. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist